The Commons 1854 Reviews

The Commons 1854 5
The Commons 1854 6
The Commons 1854 7

Richard · Married on 08/25/2017

I am the father of the bride. We were thrilled with this service. The facility was stunning, lovely and historic, the staff went beyond outstanding to make this wedding day extra special, with their amazing warmness and hospitality. They were ready to make rapid changes to everything and anything we requested at the ceremony and during the event, without hesitation. They celebrated with us, and truly made us think we were the ONLY event on their minds and hearts. Family members told me the next day how much they enjoyed the event. Most importantly, my daughter was thrilled beyond belief. Fathers can tell. We had an elder relative who passed out and needed hospital care. The staff was ready for this, made the emergency arrangements, and were very kind and warm to the relative until he was whisked away in the ambulance. The staff stayed as late as we needed, beyond the end of the event. The wedding ceremony was held on the grounds in a beautiful garden complete with shrubs with side cover to enclose the area, and a beautiful canopy at the alter. During the rehearsal, they stayed well beyond it to be sure everyone felt good with the plans, answering every question (thanks to me, this went on for a while...). I would help arrange another family wedding at The Commons in a heartbeat ! Thank you so much for making my daughter's day so wonderful !

Note: I don't have the details of the questions below, but my daughter does. And, she could provide the signed contract. You may ask any questions through me

Sent on 09/16/2017

Christina · Married on 08/06/2017

We had the most incredible experience at The Commons 1854!! The day was flawless thanks to the entire staff. Everything ran smoothly due to our coordinator Johanna's preparation, experience and attention to detail. Our entire guest list felt so welcome and cared for throughout the day. Our previous meetings with Frank, Kristi and Gianna left no questions unanswered and gave us peace of mind on the big day!

Sent on 08/11/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Christina! We cannot thank you enough for your kind words. We are so appreciative of your review and we are so glad that we had the opportunity to serve you and your guests on your amazing wedding day! We wish you the very best and all the happiness in the world! xo The Commons 1854

Kellie · Married on 08/05/2017

I loved every part of wedding planning with The Commons. The venue was beautiful, the food was excellent, and the staff was helpful and energetic. I would highly recommend this venue! So many guests came up to me complimenting the various components of the Commons. If you choose this venue you will not be disappointed! :)

Sent on 08/15/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Kellie! We hope you are doing well! Thank you so much for your sweet words. We are so happy that we had the opportunity to serve you and your guests for your most special day. It was so much fun to work with you throughout your wedding planning process. We knew from the second that you walked into The Commons that you were so sweet! We wish you both the best and a lifetime of love, and happiness. xo The Commons 1854

Lynnzie · Married on 07/28/2017

The Commons was everything we wanted in a wedding venue and more! The beautiful space and the amazing staff gave us the wedding of our dreams (huge shout-out to Johanna for making every aspect of our wedding vision a reality). The food was incredible, the ballroom looked gorgeous, and the gardens look beautiful in our photos. A month and a half later, our guests are still talking about how impressed they were with The Commons and the food. The Commons staff was an absolute pleasure to work with for the whole planning process, the rehearsal, and the day-of event, and we can't thank them enough!

Sent on 09/13/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Lynnzie and Peter, on behalf of Kristi, Gianna, and Johanna, it was an absolute pleasure working with you both. Your wedding was so beautiful with all of your thoughtful details. We have gotten so many compliments on your beautiful table overlays! We wish you both the very best with a lifetime of love, and happiness. Sincerely, The Commons 1854

Colleen · Married on 07/22/2017

When looking for a wedding venue I knew I wanted something with character and The Commons 1854 definitely delivered! Not only is it a classy and unique setting but every staff members associated with the space was an absolute pleasure to work with. They are incredibly responsive and would respond to emails within a minutes. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Commons 1854 and it was amazing - the space itself is so beautiful and we received numerous compliments on the food. I cannot think of one negative thing that occurred during planning or on our big day!

Sent on 08/18/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Colleen! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you throughout your planning process and serving you and your guests. All of your details were absolutely gorgeous and fit with the venue perfectly. We wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness and thank you for allowing us to host your special day. xo The Commons 1854.

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2017

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at The Commons 1854, Topsfield on 7/7/17. It was certainly a lucky 7's wedding with some rain that eventually subsided with the sun peeking out to allow beautiful outside photos to be taken. Our wedding coordinator, Johanna was gem to work with! Johanna and the staff captured ever detail. The venue indoor/outdoor space, food, drinks, etc was top notch! I can't say enough about our experience there and would recommend your magical day be hosted at The Commons 1854!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Eileen · Married on 06/24/2017

The Commons and everyone who works there is nothing short of amazing. They were professional, welcoming, and accommodating at every step of the planning process. Every time I worked with them, I felt confident that we made the right decision in having our wedding there.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

The Commons was our dream wedding venue. It was stress free and the big day was absolutely stunning. The service was impeccable, the food was out of this world. Our guests are still talking about our wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Lourdes · Married on 06/16/2017

The Commons 1854 was my number one choice from the very beginning. Everything about our wedding day was amazing. The rained didn't stop us. The venue is amazing by itself and with our small touches of decor it made it even more beautiful. I loved all the crystals and the chandeliers and especially the amazing customer service from the entire team. Every second we turn someone was right there make sure we were all set. Oooo Let's talk about the food. We chose to go with the gelato for desert instead of cake. It was amazing my favorite was coconut!! All of our guests were raving over the salmon, some even ask for the recipe. My husband had own his special dish which was steak and lobester he truly enjoyed every last bite!! I want to thank all of The Commons 1854 staff for all you did to make my husband and I wedding day so special. Hoping to work with you soon in the future for our daughter's Sweet 15.

Tunis Family

Sent on 08/14/2017

Lourdes · Married on 06/16/2017

Although our wedding day it down pour the Sun still shined inside the Commons. The staff were amazing anything I needed or my husband needed they were there every step of the way. Exceptional customer service. The food was the topic of the evening some of my guest even ask for the receipe for the salmon. My husband steak and lobster was divine with each bite he took he would say how delicious each bite was. We choose simple decor as the venue is already beautiful all on its own. We all had amazing time!! I'm so happy that we had our wedding at the Commons!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

The service from planning, set up, the wedding day and cleanup was beyond amazing. I could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Holly · Married on 04/29/2017

I'm not quite sure where to even start because every aspect of my reception at The Commons 1854 was amazing. My wedding was over 6 months ago and friends and family wont stop raving about the venue, food, drinks, service etc. On multiple occasions friends and family have told me its the best wedding they've ever been to. The staff was amazing making sure I was always taken care of during pictures, dinner, and dancing. Even down to my drink always being refreshed in the corner of the dance floor, waiting for me. My bustle broke, badly, and Johanna jumped in without hesitation to help sew and fix it. The Commons' attention to detail is exquisite and really makes a celebration a memorable experience for the guests, bride, and groom. Thanks to everyone at The Commons who made my day such a memorable day for my husband and I!

Sent on 12/09/2017
  • SandEonNYE

Emily · Married on 12/31/2016

This venue was perfect for my NYE wedding this year! The staff there are amazing, prompt with their responses, professional, and just a pleasure to deal with! My coordinator Johanna was the best!!! She made our day go by smoothly and I always felt comfortable with her at the realm. Honestly she was running around the entire day as much as the rest of the staff. The food here is soooo good and I heard nothing but positive responses from all our guests. This is definitely a venue that takes pride in their service and it shows!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Heather · Married on 12/17/2016

Our winter wedding at The Commons was even better than I could have imagined. You know how people are always saying, "expect something to go wrong on your wedding day"? Not at The Commons! Everything was flawless, from the lighting to the food to the pacing of the night. Our guests commented on how smoothly everything went and how efficient the venue was in every way. The food was absolutely outstanding, and Johanna, our coordinator, was a professional at every turn. I had a lot of questions during the year leading up to the wedding, and Johanna was always prompt and pleasant in her replies. I cannot recommend The Commons highly enough - they made our night absolutely perfect!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Carrie · Married on 12/02/2016

Amazing experience! Made us feel like we were the only people to ever get married there and they did everything possible to make our day go as smoothly as possible!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Jenna · Married on 11/04/2016

Beautiful Place
    The staff was amazing

Sent on 11/19/2016

Toni · Married on 10/29/2016

The Commons is everything a bride dreams about and more! My wedding coordinator really eliminated a lot of the stress that was expected to come into planning the perfect day. Very organized and very professional and helped plan our other venues such as dj, flourish, cake, etc. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Casey · Married on 10/16/2016

Beautiful venue, friendly service and flexible staff. Everyone was very responsive and super helpful!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE The Commons! Frank, Kristi and the even better Johanna the bridal coordinator are absolutely fantastic! We had our wedding October 15, 2016, and I cannot rave enough about them. From the food (which is to die for, seriously) to the professionalism, down to the over all feeling like you're royalty is just amazing. Anyone contemplating where to get married you have to check out the commons. I wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Tania · Married on 10/02/2016

We had our wedding here 10/2/2016, a Sunday. Our Wedding Coordinator Gianna who was amazing, she was very attentive to our needs. Being a nervous bride i had a lot of questions and Gianna was very responsive to my emails. A month prior to the wedding we sat down and went over every detail. She calmed my nerves and felt better when i left. The location is gorgeous they keep this place immaculate. All my guests had a wonderful time, loved the venue, food and of course the staff. Thank you Gianna, Joanna, Kristi and Frank everything was absolutely perfect it exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Taylor · Married on 09/25/2016

I could not picture having our wedding anywhere else but The Commons! From the moment I saw their website, I knew that this would be our special place. Gianna and the rest of the staff are absolute professionals and helped us plan and think of every detail for our wedding day. Despite being a bride planning from another state, my conversations with the team, over email, phone, and text, instilled such confidence in me with the planning process. The venue is beautiful, the food is phenomenal, the staff is perfection - The Commons is a wedding dream come true!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Alessandra · Married on 09/18/2016

We can’t say enough wonderful things about Kristi, Johanna, Frank, and the whole team at the Commons. After searching at nearly 30 venues, when we stepped into the Commons we knew it was the right place for us to get married. I am very detail-oriented and it was great working with Kristi and Johanna because they are organized, professional, and offered wonderful tips and advice through the whole wedding-planning process. Frank was also great to work with, and his homemade pasta is a MUST HAVE at your wedding (and this is coming from a family full of pasta-making Italians!).

The day of our wedding, we were beyond impressed with Johanna’s professionalism. She kept our timeline moving, made sure I was eating and even brought a tray of appetizers to me to make sure I got a taste of all of them. The whole night it seemed like Johanna was everywhere, whether it was taking care of small details that we hadn’t thought of (like offering our bridal party mints before the introductions) or letting us know when would be a good time to go table-to-table, she was extremely professional and smiling the whole evening!

The whole team at the Commons was enthusiastic, accommodating, and helpful, and made our wedding feel more special than we could have imagined.

Sent on 10/07/2016

amanda · Married on 08/28/2016

It all started when my mom and I did our first meeting, I remember the owner was so friendly and pretty much hand feeding us samples of food. I even went home with a little sample platter! I was impressed then and everything got better and better! Gianna, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely amazing. Every staff member we encountered was so nice and you can really tell they enjoy where they work...which says a lot about the owners! The food was amazing, the gelato bar was by far my favorite!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Truly, The Commons 1854 deserves more than 5 stars as they went above and beyond the call of duty for our wedding. The staff, including Gianna, Johanna and Kristi, were an absolutely breeze to work with and were so responsive that we would have our email questions answered sometimes within minutes. We also want to commend them for being 100% LGBT friendly and treating these 2 brides like absolute queens!

On our wedding day our vision turned into reality as the setup was impeccable and the coordination (of 2 brides!) was on point. Our bridesmaids and even our photographer noted to us that they had never seen such outstanding service before. Our coordinators went so far as holding shade umbrellas for us during moments that we were stuck in the sun and magically producing ice cold glass of water for us moments before stepping out for the ceremony. They were everywhere and yet not in our way at all.

The food was unbelievable and rivaled a high end restaurant. The filets were cooked to perfection, not an easy task at that number I imagine. The dinner is one of the main parts of a wedding that most guests end up having an opinion on and our guests made a point to come and tell us how much they loved their meals. My brother went so far as saying it was the best filet he's ever had and wanted the staff to personally compliment the chef. We also loved their hors d'oeuvres which were creative (heart shaped grilled cheese with tomato soup shot!) and passed around generously.

A final note about the property itself: it is gorgeous! We had our ceremony in the outside garden which is so beautiful that it needs no extra floral arrangements. The inside of the building itself is gorgeously classic but still has a lot of character.

We simply can't speak highly enough of The Commons 1854 and its staff and are so very happy that we chose them for our special day. We will never forget how well they treated us.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Becca · Married on 07/16/2016

We had our wedding here and it couldn't have been more perfect. The venue is so gorgeous and they are continuously making updates to the venue to keep everything looking great. Johanna was amazing helping us plan and on the day of she made everything run smoothly behind the scenes. We wouldn't have changed a thing and are so happy we got married here!

Sent on 07/31/2016