The Commerce Club Reviews

41 Reviews for The Commerce Club

41 The Commerce Club Reviews
  • FutureMrsFleisher

Allison · Married on 05/13/2017

The Commerce Club was absolutely amazing when handling my wedding! I worked with a few different people when they had staff changes, but they were nothing short of professional. The food, the bar, the view, the package options... all top notch. We love this place!

• User6788142 · 1+ year ago

Julia has been wonderful to work with. She is quick with responses and very professional. Our tasting was amazing. I am so excited about the wedding there.

Jean · Married on 08/27/2016

We recently hosted our daughter's wedding reception at the Commerce Club, and we couldn't be more pleased. Julia and her team make it easy to plan just the event that you have in mind. They are easy to work with and provide so much in house with your package so that you are free to enjoy the season of celebration. The food and the service are excellent, and you just can't beat the view- especially if you are celebrating at sunset. We would definitely choose to work with Julia and her team again!

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I got married and had our reception at The Commerce Club in August 2016. From the very beginning, I was in contact with great people. Julia Bankert took over as the event coordinator. She was always extremely responsive to my emails, she was very helpful, patient and the wedding day went better than I imagined. The food was a huge hit with my guests, the spaces were absolutely beautiful, the staff was wonderful, overall it was amazing! Thank you Julia and The Commerce Club for making our wedding day perfect! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a venue, and another bonus is that the pricing is totally reasonable for the space and location and food!!

Ellen · Married on 07/17/2016

I have to say: I researched and toured TONS and TONS of venues in the Carolina area and The Commerce Club is hands-down the BEST CHOICE! Not only does the venue provide a breath-taking view of the downtown Greenville area, it's easy to handle everything you could need with them (and at a much more affordable price than other venues)! Julia and Mikaela were incredibly helpful, willing to help recommend menu items and bar selections, set up decorations we'd purchased, collaborate with the DJ we'd hired, and offer a private meal to the groom and I before we officially entered the Wedding Reception. They were on top of correspondence, dealing with all the planning details, and were so relaxed and fun to work with! Even though wedding planning can be stressful, Julia and Mikaela made it a lot less stressful and I was confident everything would go smoothly due to their professionalism, experience, creativity and attentiveness to details. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day/night! Excellent food, beautiful venue, amazing music, wonderful people and a fun evening I'll never forget! Thank you thank you thank you, Julia and Mikaela!

Kelly · Married on 05/28/2016

My wedding was on May 28, 2016 and wow! What an amazing place to have your wedding!! Where do I begin with all the amazing things? 1. The view of downtown is stunning! 2. The inside is absolutely gorgeous and incredible 3. The staff is perfect! I could go on and on! I emailed the place and told myself "oh it will be awhile before they respond" within a day I had a response and a time to come and look around. Every time I emailed them I always received a quick and timely response. They were very polite and always flexible with my schedule! The day of I couldn't count how many time I was asked by staff if I needed help getting ready or setting up just anything in general! The food was amazing as well! The best chicken I have ever tasted! Every vendor I had chosen had plenty of time to come and set up. I can't express the gratitude I have for this place! I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting an affordable but yet stunning wedding! For all the guest that attended they were all amazed at how beautiful it was and thought we had spent over $10,000 but yet they were no where close! But because how beautiful it was it appeared that way! Please have your wedding here!

Daniel and LouCinda · Married on 05/21/2016

The Commerce club was a fabulous venue for our daughter's wedding reception! The staff is courteous, kind and and efficient and the view from the 17th floor windows which span the entire room is amazing! Many of our wedding guests told us that the food was the best they have EVER had at a wedding reception! The Paris Ballroom was perfect for dinner and dancing, with plenty of room to walk around and visit, yet also intimate enough that everyone could see the bride and groom cut the cake, dance , etc. While many other venues require you to rent tables , chairs, linens and decor, The Commerce Club provides it all in a very reasonable package. They set up and put our the decorations for you so that you just come from the ceremony and it's all ready! We highly recommend The Commerce Club for an event venue! Also, Julia at the Commerce Club was so great to work with from the very first meeting to the actual reception night, answering all of our questions, giving helpful advice and keeping in close touch all throughout the planning process. She is fantastic as an event coordinator and planner!

Jenna · Married on 05/07/2016

My husband and I held our wedding reception at the Commerce Club on May 7, 2016.

It. was. perfect.

We truly cannot say enough positive things about the Commerce Club as a venue, nor could we have picked a more ideal place to hold our reception. From my initial inquiry about their availability and room rental options several months in advance, to the last-minute details the day of the reception, the staff were professional, helpful, responsive, and genuinely gracious. Julia and her assistant, Mikaela, were exquisitely friendly, polite and attentive to detail. They followed up every question with a prompt and clear answer through every stage of the planning process and offered experienced advice when I asked for their opinions. It was clear that they went above and beyond to make our experience as enjoyable and relaxed as possible. Not only did the Commerce Club provide a beautiful room with a lovely 17th floor view, they also catered and staffed the reception, helped with A/V setup, coordinated parking for our guests, set up ALL of our reception decor, and took care of ordering our wedding cake. All of our guests - 100% of whom were from out of town and not familiar at all with Greenville - raved about the ease of attending the reception, the wonderful food and service, and the delightfully sophisticated and welcoming venue. I would recommend the Commerce Club without a moment's hesitation. We will be on the lookout for reasons to give them our business in the future.

Maglin · Married on 04/30/2016

I stumbled upon The Commerce Club when I was looking for a wedding venue a year ago, and after I visited I couldn't imagine having my wedding reception anywhere else. The view of Greenville is gorgeous, especially at sunset, and the packages were very all-inclusive (food, drink, table/chairs, linens, some centerpiece stuff, dance floor, set-up, clean-up, etc). The main room we used for our reception comfortably held ~175 guests (and I believe it can hold more) with a four person band and dance floor at the front. In the other room we were able to put food stations and a photobooth. There was also a wine cellar room where there was a second bar, guest book, and gifts. There really wasn't anything there that the space and staff couldn't accommodate. We were all particularly happy and impressed with the professionalism of the staff there, and we got multiple compliments from our guests as well.

I also cannot say enough about the event coordinator I worked with, Julia Bankert. She met with me multiple times throughout the whole process and was so responsive to me, even for the tiniest and silliest of questions. On the day of the wedding, she was available whenever we needed her and had everything put together exactly how we had discussed. I felt very confident that Julia would have everything for the reception taken care of, and she did!

While The Commerce Club was not the cheapest venue we looked at, I did feel like it was one of the best values. It is located in downtown Greenville, which was amazing for my guests who lived in Greenville and for those who were visiting for the first time. All of the services were included in our food and drink payments without any hidden fees for set-up/clean-up, dance floor, cake cutting, etc. The staff were top-notch and created a wonderful environment.

If I had to do it all over again, I would absolutely choose The Commerce Club again for my reception.

Meredith · Married on 04/29/2016

We found the Commerce Club online when looking for venues, and decided it didn't hurt to schedule an appointment to check it out. We are so happy we did! Julia and Mikaela did an absolutely beautiful job with everything. They were always so quick to respond whenever I had a question. It took a huge weight off my shoulders knowing the people I was talking to and who were answering my questions were the ones who would be there on my big day making sure the vision we laid out for months ahead of time came to fruition. We were on a budget and ended up doing a Friday wedding there, and felt like we got infinitely more than what we paid for. We are still getting rave reviews for the quality of food and service they provided. We would definitely recommend the Commerce Club to a friend.

Alexis · Married on 04/16/2016

The service and professionalism of the Commerce Club staff cannot be beat. Julia was so responsive and accommodating to all of our requests during wedding planning. My husband and I initially were planning to have around 120 guests but the number quickly got out of hand to around 170 which we found out getting RSVPs closer to the wedding and we ended up having to switch the rooms that we were planning on using for the ceremony. As soon as we knew our guest number was growing past 120 Julia put on hold another larger room in case we needed it and quickly reduced our stress about the situation. She also accommodated other requests such as overseeing the set up from other vendors and having a plate of food for my husband and I to eat a quick bite after our ceremony before entering the reception. Another nice thing about the Commerce Club is that it is already so lovely that it does not require much extra decoration! We got several compliments from guests about how nice the wedding was- the food was excellent and the view was wonderful!

alex · Married on 04/09/2016

My husband and I had originally booked The Loft at Falls Park as our wedding reception in December of 2014 for our April 2016 wedding. The event space was above Ford's Oyster House & Cajun Kitchen but the building shut down unexpectedly in July of 2015 and thus unavailable for any further events. We then began searching for alternate venues, which was difficult as we had a very strict and tight budget. We met Julia for a tour of the Commerce Club ballroom as an option for our event space and fell in love with everything about the space. Julia was a Godsend in helping accommodate our needs and stay within our budget. She quickly responded to all emails and even set up all our handmade decor items, laid out our guestbook, birdcage, toss exit bags, set up our event signage, a framed engagement photo, and all Commerce Club items like place settings, uplighting, tables and chairs, dance floor, etc. We had originally thought our family would have to help with that, but Julia took care of everything! It was so nice to not have to worry about any venue issues the morning of the wedding. Her service was simply excellent, and she was supportive and helpful with all requests and questions we had! We got compliments all during our reception of how wonderful the setup was and how exquisite the food was. The servers were attentive and brought out each course with perfect timing. About 95% of our guests were from out of town, so they really enjoyed the view of the Greenville city skyline. Overall, we cannot rave enough about the venue, and because we enjoyed it so much, we are now looking to become members at the Club! Thanks for helping make our wedding so wonderful and memorable!

Mallory · Married on 03/11/2016

We had our wedding reception at The Commerce Club a few weeks and we were THRILLED! Julia did an amazing job walking us through the entire process from beginning to end. She was always ready and willing to answer any questions that we had and helped us plan every part of the reception. The entire staff was friendly and professional, the food was to die for and everything went smoothly. The room and the view were both amazing - you can't beat watching the sun set over the mountains and downtown Greenville! We highly, highly recommend The Commerce Club.

Katie · Married on 01/30/2016

We had our Rehearsal Dinner at the Commerce Club in January 2016 and it was fabulous! Julia Bankert was very helpful in planning everything and always fast to respond. The food was fabulous and the view cannot be beat. With the parking garage attached, it is very easy for people to get in and out. I highly recommend having any event at the Commerce Club!

We held our daughter's wedding reception at the Commerce Club two weeks ago. We couldn't be any happier! From start to finish Julia helped us coordinate every moment of the reception. Planning a wedding from out of state can be difficult, but Julia put us at ease. We were confident when we selected the Commerce Club. The staff was professional, the food was fantastic and everything went on without a hitch. The view overlooking the mountains and downtown Greenville was breathtaking. We highly recommend hosting a wedding reception at this venue.

Lauren · Married on 01/23/2016

Julia was the most fantastic coordinator I could have imagined. From day one, her responsiveness was quick and timely via email, she was flexible with meeting times, and she creatively accommodated our large wedding. With a surprise snow storm in town for the wedding weekend, Julia was calm and collected, reassuring me that she had already contacted all vendors and there were no issues. With her attention to detail, I was confident in her ability to run the show. My husband and I (and our parents) didn't have to worry about a thing leading up to the wedding reception or on the day of because Julia had it all under control. With a large 200+ seated dinner, the quality of the food did not miss the mark. Guests raved over the hors d'oeuvres and the main course. Service was second to none and done so smoothly. We felt cared for throughout the entire process thanks to Julia and the entire staff of the Commerce Club! Thank you for making our wedding reception the most FUN night of our LIVES! We appreciate every bit of hard work that went into it! 5 stars!

Sofi · Married on 01/16/2016

The Commerce Club was absolutely amazing! The staff was super professional and took care of all the details. Our guests loved all the food, and everyone had their fill. I would recommend it to anyone.

Kate · Married on 12/19/2015

The Commerce Club is absolutely the PERFECT place to have a wedding reception. Throughout the planning process, Julia was incredibly helpful, supportive, responsive, and flexible. She's an amazing event coordinator. Our reception itself was perfect. The Commerce Club was exquisite (and all done up for the holidays, it was even more beautiful than ever!) and all the staff ensured the event went off without a hitch. Our guests are still talking about how excellent the food was, too (note to brides--put the bacon wrapped scallops on the menu. They'll change your life!). Overall, my husband and I couldn't be happier to have held our reception there. Thank you to everyone at the Commerce Club for making our day perfect!

The Commerce Club, Julia, and Dylan were absolutely amazing! They were always quick to answer emails, very professional, but at the same time seemed to actually care. The room we used was a perfect venue for our small reception with about 40-50 people. Everyone was extremely accommodating, making the room feel not too full and not too empty. Would love to host something there again (although hopefully this was the only wedding)!

Didi · Married on 02/07/2015

I can't say enough about how perfect this venue was for our wedding. We only had 20 people including the minister and the photographer. The Commerce Club was very helpful in designating a spot for both the ceremony and the reception. We got married while the sun was setting over the mountains. It was spectacular! Then we had a lovely dinner and dancing in a smaller space that was perfect for our group. The food was delicious and the service was just perfect. And, for our small wedding, there was really no other place that could deliver the flexibility and beauty for the price. We stayed across the street at the Hyatt and had the First Look there beforehand and only had to walk across the street. I wouldn't change a thing!

Beautiful venue, great people to work with!

Alison · Married on 05/24/2014

The beauty alone, of the Commerce Club, sealed the deal for hosting our daughters wedding reception in this venue! The staff was amazing to work with, even after I started becoming more and more stressed over having to plan the event from Houston,TX! The evening of the reception was beautiful, which made the venue even more breathtaking! And, don't get me started on the food! I am still receiving calls, texts and emails, from guests, complimenting us on the fabulous food! So, if you are hosting any kind of event, large or small, and have not considered The Commerce Club of Greenville, then you have not considered the BEST!

John · Married on 12/21/2013

This was by far the best event I have seen the Commerce Club undertake. Crystal Moorhouse was indespensible with her knowledge of trusted people, such as the DJ and florist. She took the initiative to decorate the club in a manner not previously seen and it turned out spectacular. She acted as wedding planner as well as keeping everyone on time, but making sure the bridal party as well as the guests were relaxed and having a great time. Food was outstanding and the service was above expections. Well done and many kudos!!

Mary · Married on 09/07/2013

We are so thankful we decided to have our reception at The Commerce Club! Crystal was extremely helpful when planning our event, and definitely put me at ease about our reception. Everything went smoothly, and three months later, our guests are still talking about how perfect the club was: the beautiful view, the delicious food, and the great time! I would highly recommend The Commerce Club!