The Commerce Club Reviews

42 | Atlanta, GA

42 Reviews for The Commerce Club

Jasmine · Married on 02/17/2018

Beautiful location. Rafael is high energy, fun, professional and helpful. Looking forward to our day!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/29/2017

Book your wedding with the Commerce Club!! Rafael is amazing and accommodating! The venue has the most amazing venues... 49 stories up! And you never have to worry about the weather! The food is great and every guest complimented the beef! The staff was kind and professional. We were treated like royalty!

Sent on 06/05/2017

M · Married on 11/15/2014

The Commerce Club is an amazing wedding venue! The views are spectacular, and the design is sophisticated. Every employee is so kind and welcoming; they made us feel like super VIPs at every visit (unlike some other venues, where they just did not seem to care about getting our business).

We had 200 people for a sit down dinner, and that was a comfortable fit including a good sized dance floor. Multiple people told us it was the best wedding dinner they'd ever had!

Thank you Shawna, Rafael, Caroline and the rest of the team for an amazing and elegant wedding!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

We were very satisfied with our wedding at the Commerce Club! Everyone was so nice and accommodating. Everything we wanted was given and we could not have asked for more. I'm so glad we chose this venue and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fantastic event with a great view. Rafael was the best to work with!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Maseka · Married on 09/06/2014

Exceptional venue. It was perfect for a small intimate wedding. The staff was very professional, knowledgeable and accommodating. They were able to create a custom menu to fit our cultural background and make changes that we requested along the way. The food was exceptional and our guests are still commenting on it. Rafael was quite a joy to work with. He was very enthusiastic, had lots of ideas and was very accommodating.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Alex · Married on 03/30/2013

Rafael and his staff were more than willing to meet our needs. The guests in attendance all loved the atmosphere and the service. Couldn't have been more happy with our selection of the Commerce Club as our wedding venue

Sent on 06/25/2013

Alyene & Brad · Married on 12/28/2012

Everything went well and as planned. The staff did a great job.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Natalie · Married on 06/09/2012

Thank you very much for making my wedding a day to remember. All in all, I think things went smoothly, and I appreciate you allowing us to serve drinks before the ceremony.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Tamara · Married on 08/27/2016

This venue is amazing. If you want an upscale, classic, city environment this is the place. The views of the Atlanta skyline are what sold it. The food was amazing and the staff were exceptional. It certainly isn't one of the cheaper venues but it was worth every penny.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Howard · Married on 12/08/2012

The staff was very professional, the food was fabulous and the environment was second to none.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Katherine · Married on 08/06/2011

The location is beautiful. The food was on point. The chef had a variety of options, all of which were extremely delicious. We had the opportunity to sample the options ahead of time and everything was so amazingly good, it was difficult narrowing down our selections. This is not your typical hotel /country club menu, which generally lack flavor and imgaination. Rafael Mendoza, our coordinator, was sweet and funny and very accommodating. The service was professional and well coordinated. I highly reccomend this venue for whatever big event you might be celebrating.

Sent on 06/17/2013

There were a couple details promised and not followed through on which was disappointing but overall it was a good experience.

Sent on 06/10/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/30/2016

2.5

The Commerce Club is so beautiful, classy, sophisticated, and unique without feeling stuffy/old fashioned like some of the ballroom venues we visited. We received a lot of information on packages, etc. right away which was great! They has in-house catering which initially I was hesitant about because we really cared about our wedding food and wouldn't have a food tasting until after booking, but the food was hands down the best food I've had at a wedding. Our reception dinner was a nice salad, steak and grouper entree, and wedding cake for dessert. I would say the food was above average if we would have been at a nice restaurant, and excellent considering they were making it x150 for the wedding! The cocktail hour appetizers were AMAZING, wedding or not! We had crabcakes and beef teriyaki skewers. We actually wanted a different kind of beef appetizer for the cocktail hour so I'm not sure if they got it mixed up (it was in writing in emails and the contract), but they never communicated to us that it was being changed. Not a big deal, it was still yummy, but this was just one of quite a few examples of communication issues I encountered with the Commerce Club. It would take multiple emails and voicemails to get answers to simple questions like, "Can you put blackberries in the champagne flutes?" and "Do you offer both round and square tables?" I also had to ask multiple times for a copy of the reception layout with the floorplan and tables laid out, and when I sent back my revisions about 10 days before the wedding, I actually never got a finalized copy. They were very flexible about visiting the CC whenever I needed to. The wedding itself was amazing - and the waitstaff was phenomenal! They made us feel like royalty, especially Italo (head of waitstaff for private events)! Our guests loved the views and the atmosphere, and despite the communication issues I would absolutely choose the Commerce Club again and again!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Troy · Married on 04/09/2016

4.2
      3.0

The venue is incredible! If you want to impress your guests, this is the place. The food was incredible. The staff was excellent. I had two gripes: the platform for the wedding ceremony was not what we expected and had to be removed (but I was still charged). When we showed up for rehearsal, we were not able to rehearse in the space where the ceremony was to be held, which made the rehearsal awkward. Other than that, everything was awesome! Great memories for life!

Sent on 05/24/2016

MORRIS · event on: 05/22/2013

4.2
      3.5

............................................................................................................................................................................

Sent on 06/21/2013

Bassam · Married on 04/23/2017

3.6
      3.0

Overall we had a nice time having our wedding there. We were a bit upset with Tijuana Plant. Though she was friendly with us, there were several times where we specifically asked if our wedding would include a certain thing and she would say "absolutely yes", then later on she would deny ever saying such things to us. For example, on our first day there when we first met, as she was telling me the wonderful things that your facility offers, I asked "Does this include free parking for my guests, or is this separate?" And she said "absolutely yes, it's included and free". The night before my wedding, I met up with her to review the plan for our big day and when I asked again about parking, she denied ever saying such things to me, and my wife was present during both interactions. I was so upset I honestly was going to cancel the entire wedding there, but luckily her replacement was very friendly with us and he gave us the parking. There were other moments too, but that one specific time really put a mark in my head forever. I will still recommend others to have a wedding there, but probably not with Tijuana.

Sent on 08/09/2017

2.6
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

Our wedding was beautiful, but we ran into a few trouble spots - a delay in scheduling the food tasting for the reception, a delay in opening the venue for the groom and outside vendors caused stress and a shortage of set-up time for the wedding planner. This caused a lot of undue stress! This delay also decreased our time for pre-wedding photos. We also experienced an unauthorized change in the reception floor plan, this caused confusion and yet another delay in the program.

I'm not sure that we received the highest level of professionalism that I would expect from an establishment of this caliber. However,
    the food and bar was outstanding and we enjoyed our special day nonetheless.

Sent on 06/12/2013