The Club at Pelican Bay Reviews

11 | Daytona Beach, FL

11 Reviews for The Club at Pelican Bay

Booked this place for Friday and Saturday so I had plenty of time to decorate. Was concerned after the hurricane it would be a mess, but the area was cleaned and ready to go. Perfect spot for a small quaint wedding. I had about 50 people and it was perfect! I couldn't be more happier with this location!

Sent on 11/19/2016
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 04/10/2016

This venue was my dream wedding come true! It is right at the beach for those who want beach weddings, and the inside is full of so much light and direct views of the ocean. It is also very well priced, so much so that we rented it two days in row so that we could have an entire day to go in and decorate it. Another awesome thing is the huge deck attached, which we used as our bar and dance area. There are a few drawbacks to this venue depending on what type of event you plan to host, so I did a ton of research. For one, it is SMALL! By fire code standards you can fit up to 70 people, however, I wouldn't suggest any more than 55 (which is what we had) because it gets cramped quickly. Also, it has an awkward layout with a kitchen in the middle of everything and pillars everywhere, so you do need to be creative in setting it up. We also hid the kitchen with curtains, which worked wonderfully! All of the tables and chairs were included in the rental price (you just can't use their chairs on the beach). The staff is very responsive, especially Cassie who I worked with. Since I knew the beach, I knew that there is nothing to work with at all during high tide, so I researched in advance for tide information and worked my ceremony around it, which Cassie actually was able to provide that report for me.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Briana · Married on 04/10/2015

This was just the perfect spot for a small beach wedding.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Prairie · Married on 12/05/2013

Where to begin? From day one Kevin, at Club at Pelican Bay in Daytona Beach has been an amazing person to work with! He and his team created such an unforgettable wedding for my husband and I. From the wedding site, to the reception, it felt like a true fairy tale. I also can't thank the reception crew, Chuck and his help for making it more beautiful than I could ever have imagined! The food was amazing, and everything went perfectly! I cannot thank Kevin, Chuck, and everyone else at Club at Pelican Bay for the most beautiful wedding I could have ever hoped for!

Sent on 01/12/2014

Value should be a 10 out of 5. For 300 bucks the place is absolutely amazing for 20-80 guests. Price includes tAbles and chairs, the venue and the amazing beach, free parking, cannot say enough good things.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Laura · Married on 04/28/2013

This was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. The people we dealt with were professional and the value was exceptional. It had everything we needed and we had plenty of time to set up, enjoy the function and clean up.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Jenn · Married on 07/25/2009

Tara and Jim at Pelican Bay were both amazing to work with. I did not have a wedding coordinator but between the two of them and my dj I was completely taken care of. They were able to answer all my questions and made sure they asked me about things I hadn't thought of. The Club was able to provide my all my table linens at a much better value than renting them from an outside company and they looked amazing. We were allowed to come in a few days early and setup the majority of our decorations which was very helpful in the chaos leading up to the wedding. The food was absolutely fantastic and there was definitely enough for everyone. The service staff was very helpful in making sure everyone had what they need before, during and after dinner.

They also added their own special touches to the decorations which added to and complemented the ones I had brought in perfectly such as mini lights under a sheer overlay to add a twinkly glow to the cake and hor d'vours table.

At one point during the reception we had been dancing up a storm and it was starting to get a little warm, I mentioned this to Jim and he remedied it very quickly so our guests could stay comfortable.

I would 100% recommend this venue to any bride. They are amazing people to work with and so incredibly friendly! They will be a great addition to your wedding day.

Sent on 08/06/2009

Suzette · Married on 06/20/2009

My husband and I had our reception at Pelican Bay on June 20th 2009 and it was absolutely beautiful. Our guests were continually commenting on the elegance of the room. The staff provided chair covers, floor length table linens, satin navy blue (one of our colors) table cloths, candles, crystals for the tables, charger plates, navy blue napkins and orchids for our center pieces all for a minimal price. My husband and I were on a slightly less than average wedding budget and we realized that linens was one area in which venues tried to make their most money. Jim (the manager) gave us an excellent deal and provided us with the most beautiful linens. Most of the items I listed above, they have on site, so you only have to pay cleaning fees where at other places you're also charged rental fees. I was able to go and look at all the items I could use, and chose exactly what I wanted.

The food was delicious. We had the filet mignon and chicken wellington, both of which, guests loved. The hors devours were not over priced like at other places and came with our package. My husband and I weren't too keen on the salad that came with our package, so we told Jim what we wanted and he provided that at no extra cost.

I promise you that you will not be disappointed with Pelican Bay. I fell in love with the staff, Jim and Tara, and everyone. They pay attention to details and will do everything in their power to make your day as beautiful and as stress free as possible.

One thing that really touched me was I had asked to serve Oreo cookies and milk at the reception (a little inside joke with my parents from when I was little). I had just expected them to be served on a platter with a pitcher of milk. Tara, one of the head staffers, created a wedding cake made out of Oreos and even found a little bride and groom to go on top. This creativity and genuine care is what I received in every element of the reception.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2015

This made the PERFECT venue for out wedding. The only thing I would suggest is, check the time of high tide. There is not a lot of beach there so during high tide, it does limit your ability to put chairs on the sand. But otherwise, PERFECT little place for a wedding and reception. AND the price....you can't beat it. Book early as this place books up quickly.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Alison · Married on 11/05/2016

It was a wile ride with Pelican Bay. I originally dealt with one coordinator who was in the ball and helped with a lot. Eventually that coordinator quit leaving me to her regional director. The communication was poor initially and I worked with the Golf Pro who stepped in. After Hurricane Michael, the lack of communication was past frustrating. My MOH was able to get through to the manager and we found out that her staff at another club was not passing along appropriate communication. My husband and I had a phone conference with her and found out she was not available due to personal reasons. After a long conversation, we were back on track. AnnaMarie Bonus and her staff made our ceremony and reception site beautiful. The food was absolutely fantastic. Our small group of guests were thrilled with the food and service. It was a wedding for the record books!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2011

We chose the Club at Pelican Bay for our Rehearsal dinner as well as our Reception venue. Kevin was great to work with, as we had several meetings throughout my year of planning. We had many compliments about how great the food was at the wedding. We also got ready at the clubhouse the day of the wedding in a nice, spacious room which was really helpful. The ballroom was transformed into exactly what I had pictured, and it was just the right size for my 150 or so guests.

Sent on 06/07/2011