The Cliffs Reviews

38 | Travelers Rest, SC

38 Reviews for The Cliffs

I was stunned with the food for our Rehearsal Dinner. It was excellent! Everyone raved about it. I was allowed to go in and decorate early which was such a blessing. Our families will look back on that evening as a really wonderful time. The porch was perfect for visiting too. Thank you to Sarah Locke and all the great people who work there. Job well done! Do you still have to know a club member to be able to use the facility? I would certainly recommend this venue and service to anyone.

Sent on 07/06/2013

linda · Married on 06/16/2012

The Cliffs Valley Clubhouse exceeded our expectations. It is a beautiful location, but not adequate in size for more than 120 people. We sat 115 and it was perfect. The staff was so gracious both during the planning and tasting, and then the day of the event. The food is phenomenal and appropriately priced. The only draw back is if you are having a daytime event (we had a noon wedding) parking is a problem since it is an active golf country club. We needed to provide bus transportation. If you are having a small to medium reception they provide fabulous service in a lovely location.

Sent on 06/25/2012

We had our reception at the Cliffs at Keowee Falls, and it was absolutely incredible. We did cocktail our in the bar area, then had the reception on the back porch over looking the golf course. We first worked with Michelle to look at a couple different locations before deciding on the Falls. She was fairly unresponsive at first when it came to getting back to us with pricing and questions. We would have to follow up multiple times to get answers sometimes. Once we decided on the Falls, we started working with Nicole who was very quick to respond.

Nicole was wonderful and really made planning our wedding reception enjoyable. She gave us great ideas on ways things were done for past weddings, but also helped work with us on original ideas for how we wanted things done. We never stressed or worried that the reception would be perfect because she was so on top of everything.

The food at the Cliffs was delicious. The chef did an amazing job and really listened to what we liked/didn't like about things during our tasting to make sure everything came out perfect the day of.

The venue itself is so pretty. We hardly used any extra decorations because it was so naturally gorgeous. The entire staff was a joy to work with, and the food was absolutely delicious. Our reception ended up being better than we could have imagined.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Christina · Married on 10/21/2017

We are so glad we had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Cliffs at Glassy. Great people, incredible views, excellent food... it is a very popular venue (4 weddings were booked for various times on our date!) and for a good reason. We would recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2015

This is quite possibly the most scenic ceremony venue that you will find in Upstate SC. If you're looking for an air conditioned chapel that gives you the feeling that you're outdoors, then this is the place for you. The views are breathtaking, and the stone chapel is beautiful. We didn't need to do much decorating because the chapel is just that nice. It is a bit pricey, but worth it for the memories you will have that will last a lifetime. Someone from The Cliffs was there during our rehearsal and ceremony to help with any questions and show us how the sound system worked. They were very friendly and helpful. Our reception was not at The Cliffs at Glassy, but they do have a very nice venue for that as well. Two months later, and our guests are still commenting on how beautiful the ceremony venue was.

Sent on 08/21/2015

charles · Married on 09/16/2017

We can't thank Tabatha and her team for making our day truly amazing. They went far beyond my expectations and provided excellent professionalism. The Cliffs at Glassy is top notch and we couldn't have asked for better people. Thank you so much for all your team did

Sent on 10/04/2017

3.5

The venues are amazing and sure to impress your guests. The view from Glassy Mountain Chapel is breathtaking and requires little decorations to be added to the chapel. Previous reviews said the chapel was hot etc. That may have been an issue of the past but from the multiple times I was there (and on our wedding day) the chapel was cool and air conditioned. No complaints there. There is a music sound system that you are able to use via CD or ipod hook up for ceremony music and ceremony mic...very convenient.

The Clubhouse is a beautiful venue for a reception. The staff basically does everything you need them to do and takes off a lot of stress. Food is good, beverage options is nice, and the ballroom is beautiful. The venue is pricey but you get what you pay for.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Candace · Married on 10/16/2010

LOVED our wedding reception at The Cliffs Valley Clubhouse. You have to
    have a Member Sponsor in order to utilize this venue, however if you can
    get one it is so worth it. The only qualms I had was that they were a little
    stuck in their ways of doing things and it was hard to get them to change
    their mind on some of my ideas. I'm from Charleston and we have a lot of
    "up to date" weddings here and they are beautiful, so I had a lot of the
    same ideas. In the end though, everything was absoluteley stunning,
    thanks to my wedding planner making sure everything went as planned :)
    The staff were excellent, the food is to die for... simply said we had the time
    of our lives!

Sent on 11/22/2010

alex · Married on 04/24/2010

3.0

I knew before I was engaged that I wanted to get married in the Cliffs at Glassy chapel. I chose this location first then built the rest around it. It is a costly location considering most churches do not charge very much to use their church. But it was worth it. My only complaint is that the coordinators at Cliffs schedule multiple weddings in one day. You are allotted a short amount of time for your ceremony and people for the next wedding were starting to walk up as we were leaving. Also, there is NO place for a bride to get ready at the actual chapel. You have to get ready elsewhere. It rained on my day, so it made my entry to the chapel a bit difficult. But beautiful location, nonetheless!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Emily · Married on 06/10/2017

4.2
      3.0

When gong to your tasting, make sure you have your exact menu planned because that is what you will taste. Also, be prepared to pay extra $$ for any extras who plan on tasting with you & your fiance on top of the must reach budget. Get a planner who had worked there before. They will answer your questions a lot faster that the planning staff at glassy. Everyone is super nice & professional & we know it will be beautiful!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Alyssa · Married on 12/10/2016

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

The Cliffs at Glassy Chapel and Clubhouse is an outstanding venue and I am so glad I picked it for my recent wedding. While it was a bit of a drive from downtown Greenville, I didn't hear one complaint from a guest as soon as they saw the view from the chapel and the beautiful scenery surrounding the grounds. The service at the reception was great and food was also suburb. I defiantly recommend this venue to future brides!

Sent on 12/03/2016

2.5
      3.0

We had our ceremony at the Cliffs Chapel (Glassy Mountain) and while the chapel and scenery are absolutely beautiful, this place is definitely just a money maker and not a service provider. Responsiveness was very poor, often I'd have to resend information I already provided, there was an employee change half way through the planning process but the new employees/coordinators weren't much of an improvement, and really they did very little to earn the expensive cost of renting this chapel. The lady in attendance on the day of my wedding while nice, was probably in high school, knew next to nothing, and just sat in a back room (I guess to ensure the place didn't burn down). We got amazing photos and all the guests loved the venue, but don't expect any level of service.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/31/2014

0.4
      0.5

Working with the Cliffs, Kim in particular, was the worst part of my entire wedding planning experience. I started out with Sarah, who got fired in the middle of planning my wedding.. and no one thought it would be a good idea to let me know that.. they just allowed my emails to her to go unanswered for several weeks. I had very simple, direct requests spelled out in multiple emails and that seemed to be too much of a task for anyone at The Cliffs. It took 6 months to finalize a simple contract (that I literally typed out the changes) due to the lack of organization and communication at The Cliffs. They were not accommodating of me at all, as I live 3 hours away and couldn't just run over and fix any problems. The problems continued all the way until the morning of my wedding day. We were told throughout the whole planning process that we would pre-pay for the bar and whatever alcohol was left over,we would be refunded the money for that. On the morning of the wedding, Kim informed us that we would have to keep whatever was left over and that we wouldn't be getting our money back. We ended up having a lot of beer leftover and some wine. If I had known all that I would of had to go through at the beginning, I most definitely would have chosen a different venue for our wedding- but we were too far in to cancel at that point.

If you are looking to have a wedding ceremony at the Glassy Mountain Chapel then by all means go for it! Everything surrounding the chapel rental was easy- but as far as a reception with The Cliffs.. absolutely terrible.

Sent on 07/02/2014