The Children's Museum of the Upstate Reviews

4 | Greenville, SC

4 Reviews for The Children's Museum of the Upstate

Leah · Married on 07/04/2015

My husband & I are a very non-traditional couple, so we wanted to look for a non-traditional venue. As soon as we found the venue we knew we were set. The day we toured the museum, we put the deposit down. It was perfect! In the middle of our planning, there was a staff change, but the CEO Nancy assured us everything would be great & it was! Nancy worked with us to make sure every detail was awesome. She ordered all of our tables, chairs & linens for us, and it was exactly what we wanted. She made it super easy for us. We rented the 2nd & 3rd floors for our wedding ceremony & reception, and we got so many compliments from guests on how cool the space was & how much fun they had. We all had an absolute blast & our photographer got such cool shots of us & our friends & family. Price for the venue was not unreasonable at all. Totally worth every penny we spent. I want to book another event here it was so great!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Jessie · Married on 06/27/2015

I cannot even express how fun The Children's Museum of the Upstate was to have as our wedding reception location!! We had visited The Children's Museum before and loved it, and wanting a fun and unique reception, we decided to book the Museum. Considering it is a Downtown Greenville venue, it is completely affordable. Especially for the amount of venue that you get! They are also very flexible when it comes to vendors. We rented the 2nd and 3rd floor and all of the exhibits and the climber were open for use by our guests, which they absolutely loved! The staff are so great. Even when they underwent a staff change in the middle of our planning, Nancy the CEO and her amazing staff, including Mary, stepped up and assured us that our reception would be taken care of. They did not disappoint!!! Planning was a breeze, and once we had a head count and figured out how many tables were needed, they contacted the rental company for the tables and linens, so that was one less thing I had to coordinate! On the day of, they made sure everything was in order, and we seriously did not have to worry about a thing. We had the most amazing, perfect reception!! I highly recommend this venue to anyone in search of an amazing, fun, and unique wedding reception.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Sara · Married on 04/05/2014

I could not say one bad thing about having my wedding reception at the Children's Museum of the Upstate. Claire is FANTASTIC at helping with our big day. This venue is a steal value-wise and they allow so much flexibility from the decorations to the vendors-- especially compared to other downtown Greenville venues. I would recommend this venue to anyone!! My guests LOVED all the things they could do too, so unique!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Dori · Married on 11/10/2012

We could not be happier about our choice to get married at The Childrens Museum in Greenville, SC. It blossomed from an "interesting idea" to the most beautiful, amazing night of our lives!!!! We had luminaries lining sidewalks & stairs, an arch to canvas the trees further up the sidewalk, the property was the perfect Fall setting for a wedding ceremony with 150+ guests. The sidewalk wrapping along Academy Street was the PERFECT grand entrance for the bridal party :) The DJ (The Party Machine - also 5 stars) set up on the "porch", completely out of view. Our minister had a lapel microphone, enabling perfect voice projection and clear sound for all our wedding ceremony songs. The ceremony was elegant, beautiful and also cozy/personal with seating fanned out just right. Amanda DeSisto was a HUGE help in coordinating our big event. She not only suggested the luminaries, but helped us put them together! Her ideas helped us create the perfectly FUN & ELEGANT experience we wanted for ourselves and guests. The space inside can be molded into ANYTHING! The round room was perfect for a dance floor & DJ, while the cafe side transformed into an elegant, trendy dining room. Our guests loved the different twists (rock & roll room, video booth, water display and more) and a FABULOUS time was had by all!!!!

Sent on 11/26/2012