The Chicory Reviews

22 Reviews for The Chicory

• bowardk

Katie · Married on 03/14/2020

The Total Package

There is no better venue in New Orleans than The Chicory to have your wedding. From the get-go, Bret and Jenna blew us away. We must have visited five + venue tours and no one compared to the thoroughness and presentation of these two. They made us feel completely at ease to hold our wedding there. It felt like the perfect place to say, “I do.” First and foremost, the Chicory is absolutely stunning. Secondly, the Chicory knows that your guests are there to eat, drink, and have fun. They made sure that we had plenty of bars and bartenders so none of our guest were waiting for a drink. They had a great drink selection and even made two specialty cocktails for my husband and I. The food…. OH MY GOSH. It was so delicious. Everything was so tasty… even my husband’s family who is born and raised in NOLA were raving about it. Both my husband and I also had personal assistance the entire night who brought us whatever we wanted and always made sure we had either some food or a drink in hand. The space was set up perfectly. Another feature of the Chicory that we loved was the courtyard behind it. We did our Second Line behind the Chicory and did not have to worry about the police escort. We also opted to rent their gas lamp photo booth which was a fun addition to the wedding--guests loved it. We even got to keep the name sign they made for us on the lamp post (great keepsake). Lastly, although we had a wedding planner and we absolutely loved her and her team, The Chicory does SOOOOO much that I imagine it would be easy to go without a planner if you so wish. The Chicory is the total package. It is a gorgeous venue with delicious food, excellent service, and the very BEST team running it. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 05/18/2020

Erica · Married on 08/27/2016

We had our wedding August 27th, 2016 at The Chicory. The venue is to die for, I had made appointments at numerous venues when we got engaged, The Chicory was the first one I made an appointment at, we went and I was amazed and cancelled all my other appointments. The Chicory is the perfect venue for anyone wanted a true New Orleans wedding! My house flooded the week before the wedding in the Great flood of Baton Rouge...I didn't have time to stress over last minute details because I was gutting my house. I never stressed out because I knew the staff at The Chicory would make sure my wedding was amazing. And it was!!!! The food, OMG!! My guests haven't stopped talking about the food. . The night of my wedding everyone at The Chicory made sure everything happened on time and on schedule. I seriously can not say enough great things about them. You can't book a venue in New Orleans without going to see The Chicory in my opinion!!

Sent on 09/19/2016
  • User6208809 · 2+ years ago

I recently had my ceremony and reception at the Chicory. Everyone there was both professional and personable. Brent was wonderful and helpful throughout the planning process. My guests raved about the setting and the food. The late night passed sweets were an appreciated treat.

Sent on 05/24/2016

The Chicory did an outstanding job for our daughter's wedding reception. The guests were greeted, upon entrance, with glasses of wine and the food, both buffet style and passed, was available as soon as the guests arrived. There were never lines at the bars or at the food stations, and there were more than enough staff members at the event to handle the crowd...including those passing food, those cleaning tables, those replenishing the food stations, etc. The event managers were terrific to work with and the chef makes sure that his food is unforgettable! Many of our guests were there for the first time and there is no doubt that they will have positive memories from their experience! I would recommend The Chicory to anyone considering a wedding reception...from small to large. They will definitely make the occasion special!

Sent on 07/24/2015

We had a 600 person wedding reception at the Chicory using the entire building. It was the most beautiful and well put together event. Between the food, beverages, day of help, and before hand help ... The Chicory could not have done anything different. It was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/26/2015

My daughter's wedding reception was at The Chicory this past weekend. I can't say enough about this venue. From the minute we booked we were treated promptly and professionally. The night of the reception the wait staff was impeccable, the food was delicious and the venue was a beautiful mix of our flowers and it's old New Orleans charm.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Emily · Married on 06/27/2015

We had our June 2015 wedding at The Gallery at The Chicory, and it was simply perfect! If you want a fun and modern space for your wedding, this is THE place. We had 100 guests, and the size was just right for an intimate reception while still having plenty of room to mix and mingle and dance. Brent and Jenna were a joy to work with throughout the planning process. They answered all my questions and offered great suggestions to tie everything together. The food was delicious. We had many out of town (and out of country) guests, and they are still raving about the food! Thank you for the perfect wedding ceremony and reception!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2015

melissa · Married on 06/13/2015

Had the reception for my June wedding here and could not have been happier with that decision! Working with Brent and Jenna was a wonderful experience- they were calm, organized, and incredibly helpful! The venue is gorgeous so kept the decor pretty simple, letting the brick walls, gas lanterns, and wood beams stand out. The staff day of were unbelievable- they took care of everything including making sure that we both ate! The food was delicious. In fact, they even had the foresight to box up several extra slices of my cake in addition to the top tier... which was extra incredible because the hotel later misplaced/lost my cake! Can not say enough good things about the Chicory and everyone who works there! I'd book my wedding here again in a heartbeat. They really did an incredible job!

Sent on 08/07/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Gallery - the smaller venue at the Chicory. The venue was perfect, and the staff was extremely flexible, fun to work with and very professional. The food and beverage offered had good diversity and was very good.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/09/2015

Just to give some context, I am going to start by saying I am both type A and an out of town bride. Planning a wedding from 1,000 miles away and trusting people to execute your plan is very stressful, especially for someone like me. I can say without a doubt that we had the best day of our lives, mostly due to the professionalism and dedication of the Chicory team. Working with Brent to book and plan the basics was fun and relaxing, he excels at his job and knows how to calm down hyper brides. Jenna was the MVP of the weekend, she handled our two sets of divorced and multi-faceted families through the rehearsal and ceremony flawlessly. Both Jenna and our two attendants made sure everything ran smoothly and that we had a drink in hand and time to eat while working the crowd. The most amazing part of the night was when we did our walk out to the limo, the attendants and Jenna had packed all of our DIY projects, gifts, cake top and to-go food in the car for us already! The Chef did an incredible job, I got nonstop complements on the steamship roast and hand passed appetizers. The bar and service staff was cheerful and very helpful throughout.

We had the ceremony on the roof, just after sunset which was beautiful (wear wedges or flats, heels can get stuck). We choose the Gallery on the ground floor over the Chicory rooms because it is less expensive and has a great walk-out patio and access to the pedestrian Fulton street, with all the high ceilings and gas lamp charm of the other rooms.

I highly recommend this venue both because it is gorgeous and needs little decor and because the staff will end up feeling like your family and you will actually miss them once you leave!

Sent on 05/18/2015

My daughter's wedding reception was held at The Chicory in April, 2015. I cannot say enough good things about the overall experience. The staff was very helpful, attentive, cooperative, and responsive to the parents of the couple and especially to the bride and groom. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere truly New Orleans. The Chicory worked with us on so many details from recommending hair and make up people, to the lighting vendor. Brent and the entire team did an outstanding job making sure we and our guests were taken care of. Our guests, without exception, commented that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. Excellence was reflected in everything The Chicory did.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Debbie · Married on 11/21/2014

Our daughter had a destination wedding in New Orleans on November 21st at the new space of the Chicory, called The Gallery. We cannot say enough great things about our entire experience. Brent Bogan was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the first time we met him, we knew this was where we wanted to have the wedding. His follow up throughout the wedding planning process was impeccable! He made it all seem so easy! The ceremony was on the rooftop which was absolutely amazing! All of our guests raved about the delicious food, and the great service. The bride and groom were given their personal attendants throughout the evening who did a fabulous job! Special thanks to Brent Bogan and the staff for making our daughter's wedding absolutely PERFECT! We highly recommend the Chicory and The Gallery……the perfect venue for a wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2014

There are so many wonderful places to get married in New Orleans, but I am so glad we picked The Chicory, specifically The Gallery at The Chicory. Everything about the wedding experience was top notch from the beautiful venue to the great service to the delicious food. It's 8 months later and people are still telling us how amazing our wedding was. I would highly recommend The Chicory to any bride looking for the traditional New Orleans wedding.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Katy · Married on 09/20/2014

The Chicory was an absolutely fabulous venue and to say that the staff went above and beyond is to put it mildly. I needed a second venue 2 weeks before my wedding date and the people at the Chicory jumped through hoops for me. The night could not have gone better! My guests loved the space!

Sent on 09/27/2014

I'm an OOT bride from Philadelphia. I love New Orleans and knew that I HAD to be married in this city. The first venue out of 8 venues I looked at was The Chicory. Immediately walking in .. between the exposed brick and beautiful staircase .. I just knew this had to be it. After getting a more thorough tour from Gina I saw the Lafayette Room with the outdoor wrap around balcony as well as the enormous and beautiful bridal suite. There was so much natural light as well as lanterns around the place it seriously was like a fairy tale. And this all felt this way while the entire space was completely EMPTY. I could only imagine what it could look like during a wedding. After checking out all 7 other venues my now mother in law and I were fixated on The Chicory. We HAD to get married here. So we did. And I could not have chosen a better venue for my big day. It really is magical. There is three different rooms and all three different rooms have so much charm. All my wedding guests (who were traveling from all over) were blown away by the venue. Everyone kept saying, "I didn't know what to expect when you tried to explain the space ... but I definitely didn't expect this!" And truthfully, neither did I. I didn't know what to expect. I had an idea and I was just hoping that Yazmin & Gina would understand my vision. And not only did they get it, it was more then I even imagined! Everyone was so helpful .. from Lily the cocktail waitress who took care of my husband and I all night. To Yazmin helping me bustle my dress when I realized NO ONE else knew how to (I bought my dress in Seattle and didn't try it on since my last fitting when they added the buttons for the bustle. I'm THAT bride) - But seriously, everyone was so wonderful and sweet. They made my day go so smoothly and I couldn't have picked a different place to get married. It was a dream come true and I can't stop looking at all the different pictures from the day because it really was such a surreal and magical nigh

Sent on 10/20/2013

Great service and even better food! We had a blast!

Sent on 09/30/2013

We loved everything about The Chicory!! It is a beautiful venue with both amazing food and employees. I wouldn't change a thing from my wedding..they helped it all go smoothly! :)

Sent on 05/07/2013

Cindy · Married on 04/13/2012

Our original reception space fell through and I'm so glad it did. We were so happy with The Chicory and everything it offered. The space itself was incredible and the balcony offered guests a chance to really enjoy the April weather. We loved having several rooms that guests could get away from the band and mingle in different areas. Anything we asked for was accommodated. It was so nice to work with a great caterer and have that amazing space. I continue to get compliments on our reception~the food and the space. Cindy is amazing to work with. Her staff was extremely polite and attentive. The evening was perfect!

Sent on 04/24/2012

We had a wonderful wedding at the Chicory! We have gotten so many compliments on the venue – our guests loved the exposed brick, gas lanterns, balconies, and huge windows. There's also a ton of space, which made it really easy to dance. We had a brunch wedding, and the food was phenomenal. We wished we had time to eat more! (Luckily, the attendants set out food for us - thank goodness!) Brent and Jenna were wonderful to work with – they were really attentive throughout the planning process and accommodating to our needs. The wedding flowed seamlessly, and we really felt like we could relax and have fun knowing that the logistics were in good hands. They really have everything figured out down to the last detail. We could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Megan · Married on 02/28/2015

We recently had our ceremony and reception at the Gallery space at the Chicory and can't say enough about the amazing experience we had! Working with Brent and Jenna was truly wonderful from the very beginning. They went above and beyond to meet our wants and needs and were so caring all along the way! It was a real joy to work with them and they had a huge part in making our wedding the success that it was. The venue itself is gorgeous and has such a distinct New Orleans feel that our out-of-town guests loved. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding!! Overall, I couldn't have been happier that we went with the Chicory--truly an outstanding experience and venue!!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2015

3.5

We had our reception at the Chicory and it was the perfect setting. The weather cooperated and a ton of guests enjoyed the amazing balcony. Everyone kept telling us how great the food was and we had the best time, knowing that everything was taken care of. Thank you to the Chicory, Brent, Jenna and all of the staff for making it such a great experience!

Sent on 09/25/2015
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 04/07/2012

3.0

I had my wedding ceremony at the Chicory.. The venue is beautiful and depending on the decorations the venue can be dressed up or down.. I went for simple with candlelight and the place looked gorgeous!!!

It was a bit hard to get in touch with the vendor at times... However, everything came together on my wedding day and the place looked great... I would definitely recommend the venue to others. The Chicory is so classy and BEAUTIFUL!!

Sent on 05/23/2012