The Cheney Place Reviews

89 | Grand Rapids, MI

89 Reviews for The Cheney Place

Kelli · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I looked at many venues in the Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids area. We were set on having a unique venue for our non-traditional wedding. I stumbled across The Cheney Place and instantly fell in love. We scheduled a tour with Ben Peterson and he answered ALL of our questions about the space. We were able to host our ceremony and our reception here & it was absolutely breathtaking. We opted for the styled ceremony which included soft seating (vintage couches) in the first two rows for family, chandeliers down the aisle, an arch for us to stand in front of & a ride down the elevator for my father & I. Our guests were brought to the second floor which is styled by Ben & Mindy (owners). You cannot change the styling, but I promise you won't want to! Our guests were raving about the space and fell in love just as we did. After cocktail hour, our guests came back to the first floor for the reception. We were able to use the farm table for the head table (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) and had a seating vignette near the dance floor. I have to also give a major shoutout to Aubree for all of her help planning the day and for being their the day of! She is phenomenal! Overall, I would recommend The Cheney Place to any and all future couples. We want to relive our wedding day there over and over again! Thank you Cheney Place for make our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Kelli · Married on 07/01/2017

I can't say enough good things about The Cheney Place--it was a PERFECT place to have a wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Sheri · Married on 06/18/2017

The staff at TCP is fabulous! Each time I called or sent an email, it was always answered quickly and kindly! They were so very helpful, and anticipated things we needed, as well as solved whatever issues arose with efficiency and a smile! I would recommend them to everyone! What a great place to get married. The center itself is so awesome, and several of our guests wanted to know more about TCP for future events. Bravo Jenna, Aubrey, and SaraBeth!! Job well done!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Khai · Married on 06/11/2017

The Cheney Place was nothing but amazing for our wedding night. We were a little nervous because we didn't have a day-of wedding coordinator nor did we have a Master and Mistress of Ceremony but TCP team took over the show like Beyonce's Single Ladies video. They had a team of maybe 4-5 that took care of literally everything from start to finish. If you go with TCP, bars by butch, Bradley productions, Kangaroo kitchen combo, they will NOT disappoint. All night we had comments on how awesome our venue was and how beautiful it looked! Thank you again for making our night perfect!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Julia · Married on 06/01/2017

Very accommodating and easy to work with. The most beautiful wedding I've ever seen and it was mine. Would recommend to anyone. Everyone loved my entrance to the ceremony from the freight elevator. Such a beautiful and unique venue.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Tyler · Married on 04/22/2017

The Cheney Place is the only space you should look at in the Grand Rapids area. After a TON of research... we found that The Cheney Place is the most unique, upscale, spacious yet intimate venue out there. The staff is down to earth and very organized. They kept us on track for wedding planning and made everything so easy! They were also very accommodating to our requests and took care of every detail for us! Its truly the best spot to host any event!

Sent on 05/02/2017
  • Gretchen

Gretchen · Married on 01/28/2017

Hands down the best venue in Michigan. We looked all over the state for the perfect place and The Cheney Place exceeded every expectation we had. Prior to the wedding Jenna helped us so much with planning and designing everything we needed, she is absolutely an expert at what she does. The day of the ceremony everything was flawless thanks to all of the hard work behind the scenes. Our guests keep telling us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, and we have The Cheney Place and all the staff to thank for that, especially Jenna and Stephanie. We could not have imagined a better wedding day.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Krystal · Married on 12/31/2016

Our experience with TCP was top notch. First of all, the venue is incredible, gorgeous, and unique. We had hundreds of compliments from our guests. More importantly (now that I have been a bride) the TCP staff- Jenna and her team- were incredible communicators. Very organized, flexible, accommodating, and responsive. From planning stages all the way through the night of the event, they went above and beyond, and handled many small details of our event that took a great deal of pressure off of me and my "bride tribe".

Also, as a bride, the bridal suite is clutch. It was very nice to be able to get ready there and then have that spot as our "home base" all the way through the end of the event.

I strongly recommend TCP to any recently engaged couples! Congrats and good luck!

Oh also, we had our ceremony there as well, and the guests could not stop talking about my elevator entrance. What a unique touch!!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Caitlin · Married on 12/30/2016

I don't even know where to begin to describe how amazing this space is. Not only is the rental space beautiful the people who work there are awesome to! The TCP staff made the vision for our wedding come alive. We were able to personalize the space to how we wanted, and that is exactly what we were looking for. The day of our wedding everything went smoothly with t he help of everyone who works there. We had many comments from our guest about how much fun they had and how beautiful the venue is. Thanks to the Cheney Place we had a perfect day!!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Kerianne · Married on 11/18/2016

My husband and I looked around at many venues in Grand Rapids, but we truly fell in love with The Cheney Place the minute we walked in. Not only is the space beautiful and unique, but we could not say more about the staff and service we received. Leading up to our wedding, Jenna quickly responded to any questions we had (and there were many:)). She guided us on how to customize the space to fit us as a couple and our vision for our wedding. We were blown away on our actual wedding day by how much TCP staff did for us. We had both our ceremony and reception at TCP; on our wedding day, the space looked more beautiful than we could have imagined. Having the ceremony on the main floor, heading upstairs for the cocktail hour, and then back down to the reception went flawlessly. Heading into our wedding day, we knew our contract said the TCP staff would take down decorations, but we were unsure how much this actually entailed. At the end of the night, the staff literally picked up and boxed everything for us. We were then offered multiple dates after our wedding we could come by and pick things up. Not needing to clean at the end of the night was such a gift for us and our families. We cannot overstate how wonderful The Cheney Place was; they truly exceeded our expectations in every way!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Kristi · Married on 11/04/2016

I will recommend The Cheney Place to every couple that is searching for a venue that will make everything easy, wonderful, and beautiful! Dream wedding venue FOR SURE.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Lillian · Married on 10/14/2016

Where to even begin? Our wedding at The Cheney Place was absolute perfection. The venue is so unique and the décor absolutely stunning. Our guests are still raving about its beauty and how they have never seen a building like it. What truly set The Cheney Place apart from other wedding venues are their staff and services. Jenna, the venue manager, worked with us throughout the planning process and was AMAZING. She was very prompt in response to emails or phone calls and pretty much guided us through making decisions with vendors, decorations, etc. I am so grateful for her because I am terrible with event planning and décor. Jenna helped me through everything from developing wedding timelines to the layout of ceremony and receptions. I always figured that for my wedding I would have to hire a wedding planner. However, with all of Jenna’s guidance and coordination, that wasn’t necessary. I pretty much got a wedding planner with my booking of The Cheney Place. Our decorations and ceremony/reception layout ended up looking far better than I would have ever imagined. Their staff is truly talented and so creative! We pretty much only told them our theme and gave them a few items we wanted displayed for decorations. The rest we told them to do whatever they needed to do to make it look nice and they beyond exceeded our expectations!
    Another helpful service The Cheney Place provides is complete setup and takedown of all decorations, tables, chairs, etc. Even better, they can store it for you at the venue to pick up later so you don’t have to worry about it at the end of the night. Once I arrived there to get ready, I seriously did not lift a finger. Their staff handled everything and I could just enjoy the moment. I still can’t believe how stress-free our wedding was. I kept waiting for something unexpected or for something to go wrong and it never happened. Our wedding could not have been this perfect without the staff and services of The Cheney Place!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Linda · Married on 10/01/2016

The lovely staff at TCP made our wedding day phenomenal, one we will never forget. We knew we were in good hands from the day we booked to the actual event. The level of professionalism, responsiveness, and flexibility from TCP gave our wedding party comfort and joy, further validating the value of the venue and its services. Big thanks to Jenna Sage for being a pro and making sure our wedding day was a dream come true.

xoxo, Linda & Justin

Sent on 01/13/2017

Kaylin · Married on 09/02/2016

We recently had our ceremony and reception at the Cheney Place and could not have been happier. With the help of Jenna and her awesome staff, our day went perfectly. Jenna was always very timely with her email responses and I never felt like I was bothering her with the (several) questions that randomly pop into your head. We had so many compliments from family and friends and were just so thankful that everything went so well. Thank you TCP!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Lhea · Married on 08/27/2016

Look no further! Jenna and her team were absolutely amazing! We live in the Detroit area so her responsiveness was extra helpful. Her team did everything from set up to tear down and had everything ready for us to pick up a couple of days after. We received so many compliments on the venue and we wish we could relive our big day over and over again!

Sent on 09/07/2016

We booked with the Cheney Place for our wedding, and so far have had really wonderful experiences working with all of the staff there. We have taken 3 tours total so far, and gotten valuable feedback about booking other vendors for catering, bar. All of the staff there have been professional, responsive, and really a pleasure to work with. We cannot wait to get married there and are very excited about our choice.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Nichole · Married on 07/30/2016

The Cheney Place is AH-MAZING! If you're considering having your wedding here--- Stop debating and JUST DO IT! Best decision I made through the whole wedding process, besides my groom of course :) Jenna, the event coordinator was seriously awesome, like I have a friend crush she is so cool. She answered hundreds of questions from my mother and I, and always with a positive and immediate response. The quick response rate made a world of difference with all the different stresses I was under during the planning time. Jenna and the staff were helpful and creative with ideas when needed, but not overbearing at the least. Very accommodating. I didn't even hire a wedding planner or day of coordinator-- the Cheney staff did it all for me which saved big bucks! After working with them for a year and knowing how detail oriented they are, I had complete faith in them to set up day of and handle any obstacles without hassle or hiccups. The space is absolutely gorgeous and looked stunning once all said and done. I highly recommend renting furniture through their sister company, Fancy Fray too! It made the space just right, and gave the vintage feel I was looking for. Having the second floor available for cocktail hour was really cool and my guests loved all the different scenic backdrops - it really elevates the space and makes it fee less like a "wedding hall" plus It is awesome for pictures too! The bridal suite is adorable for all your ladies to get ready in-- we had so much fun and had some really cute candid photos taken up there! Most local hair places will waive the travel fee to come to The Cheney too because its so convenient to downtown (Only located about a half mile from the downtown bars and hotels so its perfect for your out of town guests). My friends and family are still beaming about the wedding and the space, weeks later and I owe that in big part to The Cheney Place. Please book this venue, and then invite me to your wedding ;)

Sent on 08/23/2016

Danae E. · Married on 07/22/2016

Do not even think twice about it. There isn't a single wedding venue in Grand Rapids that even comes close to The Cheney Place. They take care of every last detail so that the entire wedding party can sit back and enjoy the night.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Meg · Married on 07/15/2016

Honestly, The Cheney Place is a fairy-tale venue. My husband and I (well mostly I:) fell in love with The Cheney Place the moment we walked into the venue. It was the perfect setting for our special day and totally fit our personalities. Jenna and team were such a pleasure to work with. They were quick to response, offer ideas, and allowed me to stop by a few times to see different setups and take out-of-town family through the space before the wedding. I recommend this venue to any couple planning to their wedding. The space requires little to no decoration. It sells itself and fits a large group easily.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Kalyn · Married on 07/02/2016

From the second I walked into the Cheney place, I knew my husband and I had to get married there. Jenna (is a complete wedding GENIUS) and her team ROCK! From start to finish planning was a blast, execution was perfect, and the staff walked through the entire process with us. Wedding planning and the actual day should be FUN and stress-free, it was exactly that for us! We didn't have to worry about a thing, from working with us on our budget and making our vision come to life, all the way to refilling donuts the second our guests devoured them....we are SO grateful for this place! They set-up and cleaned up everything with care and thought, as if it was their own wedding. I am truly amazed at the heart that every single person put into our special day (and they didn't even know us!) We can't say enough good things about the Cheney Place. If you want a unique, breathtaking, FUN, one-of-a-kind wedding day, this is your spot! There is nowhere else like it!! Thank you for making the best day of our lives so perfect! We love you guys!

Sent on 07/20/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/21/2016

Our wedding at The Cheney Place was absolutely perfect. The venue itself is beautiful, but it was the staff that really puts it over the top. Everything was so well planned and organized that I didn't have to worry, and they kept things moving perfectly between the wedding, the cocktail hour, the reception, and finally the sparkler send off. They took care of everything from floor plans, to working with the vendors, to decorating, to clean up after the event. These people know how to run a wedding, and they were amazing to work with!
    I also loved that we could spend the day getting ready in the bridal suite. It was a blast having hair and make up done there and being able to have family and friends be a part of the getting ready process. It was also nice to be able to see everything all set up and how beautiful the space was before the guests arrived. It really was a perfect day and can't thank Jenna and the rest of The Cheney Place staff enough for all their work!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Shannon · Married on 05/07/2016

The Cheney Place was a dream. We loved it, our guests loved it (we received so many compliments!) and the staff was incredible to work with. They were helpful and responsive and they may the day itself go incredibly smoothly (they handled all the set-up and tear down and kept everything on track). I cannot say enough about how wonderful this venue was!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Lindsay · Married on 04/29/2016

Absolutely amazing ! Jenna helped me every step of the way! The staff is amazing! The venue is stunning! I would recommend this venue to any bride!!! It was perfect!!!!!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Melissa · Married on 04/08/2016

I absolutely loved this venue and everyone on staff, especially Jenna :) !!! They were amazing and accommodated everything we could possibly want. The final product was better than anything I ever envisioned! The staff was so helpful and the venue was beautiful! The day went so smoothly I never experienced a single second of stress and felt like the staff was part of our family!! I would recommend The Cheney Place to everyone!!

Sent on 04/14/2016

We loved having our ceremony and reception at The Cheney Place. We had to plan our wedding from out of state, but our coordinator Jenna was so amazing, great at responding to emails and answering questions. Cheney Place set up all of my wedding decor, when I walked in I was blown away. They did a better job with the decorations than I had even imagined. Most importantly, Jenna and the others at TCP single handedly made the wedding day a success with scheduling and keeping the day on track. I would highly recommend using The Cheney Place!

Sent on 04/05/2016