The Chef's Table Reviews

53 | Marshfield, MA

53 Reviews for The Chef's Table

Chef's Table was great. They worked with me to be sure i stayed within my budget, yet never skimped at all on the quality or quantity. The food was excellent, the servers were pleasant, flexible and professional and when they left, my home was spotless.

Nancy · event on: 07/03/2014

I have used The Chef's table several times. The food has always been excellent and presented in a very gourmet way. The server I had was excellent. I felt like a guest at my own party. He served the appetizers, meal, cleaned up during and after the party, put away all the food and took out the trash with out any prompts from me.
    Their staff was great to work with too. Very flexible and prompt in getting back to me.
    Chef's table is great if you just want to order a few dishes or a big spread.

Thank You Chef's Table!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2014

From the initial planning, to the "tasting", to the actual wedding itself, everything was beyond my expectations. Was so, so happy when guests raved not only about the wonderful food but also about how professional everyone serving was. Couldn't have asked for more !!

Sent on 08/04/2014
  • User4322546 · event on: 06/07/2014

The two servers Mary and Nicole went above and beyond to make the party more enjoyable.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Mandy · Married on 06/06/2014

Chef's Table did a wonderful job at our wedding. We did a DIY wedding and we were on a budget and Chef's Table worked with us to make sure that we were able to get great food, appetizers, and linens and still stay in our budget. Along the way we had a million questions and every time we reached out they got back to us and answered our questions.

Since we didn't have a wedding coordinator, Chef's Table stepped in and helped put out the linens and the center pieces.

We did a buffet and cheese/cracker/fruit table during our cocktail hour. All of our guests loved our food and we had a picky crowd. We did a buffet and it was very well organized, no one was waiting around for food. We highly recommend Chef's Table. They have great food, are very helpful all along the way, and everyone we worked with was very nice and went above and beyond!

Sent on 07/01/2014

joan · event on: 05/30/2014

Love The Chef's Table and Julie Ellis especially. She is calm, cool and collected at all times.Very accommodating to our family's dietary restrictions, which is not easy!

Sent on 08/09/2014
  • User4322680 · event on: 05/13/2014

We had some dietary issues that needed to be met for a small number of guests, and Julie Ellis and her team had excellent recommendations to meet the needs for these guests.They offered an excellent variety of entrees and side dishes to create a menu that was unique to our occassion.

Sent on 08/13/2014
  • User4297293 · event on: 05/04/2014

Working with the Chef's Table is always such a pleasure! They are incredibly attentive to their clients' needs, including very serious food allergies that my children have. Their food is delicious, presentation beautiful and staff is friendly and attentive.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Kelly · event on: 03/01/2014

We had a wonderful Mardi Gras Party at our home. The catering was provided by The Chef's Table. The food was delicious. The chef and server were professional and friendly. The planning for our party was predominantly done through email which made it very easy to coordinate. We did have a few questions that we called about and had an immediate response. We would definitely recommend The Chef's Table to anyone who would like to host an event.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Christopher · Married on 03/01/2014

We had a fairly small wedding, and had no real idea of how to approach catering; The Chef's Table helped us design a catering plan that worked well with our budget and provided a stunning selection. On the day, we received a lot of positive comments on the food, and they were happy to box up our leftovers for us. The service was timely and professional, and they helped to turn what could have been an extremely stressful day into the best of our lives!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Kathy · Married on 10/19/2013

They were extremely responsive to all our requests even the last minute ones. The food was spectacular.

Sent on 08/01/2014

My family had already used the Chef's Table for my sister's wedding, so it was a given that we would be using them again. I refused to book my date without checking their availability first, because there was no way I was using anyone else. Simply put- they are amazing. I told my fiance a million times how great they were over and over but I knew he wouldn't get it until he had their food at the tasting. He was shocked at how wonderful everything was and kept telling me this was not the kind of food most people had at weddings. Not only is their food unsurpassed, they're great to work with. They handle anything/everything you throw their way....and I threw a lot! I was having a 300 person wedding at the Epicenter, which is an empty space so you have to bring in EVERYTHING. Julie and Lauren worked with all 20 of my vendors- coordinating floor plans, time drop offs, what I needed, quantities of everything and a million other things. I didn't want a sit down dinner, so Julie suggested stations. People are still talking about 1) how different it was and so they could eat anything they wanted, as much as they wanted 2) how amazing the raw bars, carving stations, pasta stations, and all the others were. I had cigar rollers, Elvis impersonator, a DJ, a band, photobooth, specialty coffee bars late night, I also had a ton of little things that needed to be put out, arranged, organized and they did it ALL! The day went off perfectly! I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Kristen · Married on 09/21/2013

The Chefs Table is more than just a catering company. They are a full service family friendly business that can take your expectations of any event and blow it out of the water! They made my wedding day memorable and worry free...I couldn't imagine my big day without them!

Amy · Married on 07/13/2013

The Chef's Table did a fabulous job. The food was delicious, the company was very accommodating when we had to plan the event from far away and the people who worked the event were considerate, friendly, and professional.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Meg · Married on 05/31/2013

The planning, food, display and professionalism of Chef's Table were all superb. Clearly this team, led by Julie Ellis is very experienced and they take immense pride in their work. From the engagement party to the wedding (both tented events) the services were smooth, professional and met our every expectation. Guests still, after a year, comment on the food and the distinctive touches that made our events so special. They are well known in Boston and the South Shore of Massachusetts, as one of the best catering companies in the area for almost any event. I would highly recommend Chef's Table without hesitation.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Ann · Married on 04/21/2012

What a terrific job this group did...from the elegant and elegantly served hor d'oeurves.. to the pleasent wait taff and the food choice ....everything was perfect

Sent on 06/13/2012

Kristen · Married on 06/11/2011

We worked with Julie, Lauren and Mark at The Chef's Table for our wedding, and they were impeccable in all they did. Their services have it all: beautiful presentation, delicious food, multiple options, phenomenal service and a fantastic value. Our guests were blown away by the cocktail hour and dinner! In addition, when their rental vendor was running out of some of the chairs and linens we ordered, The Chef's Table upgraded them at no additional cost. Overall, I would highly recommend giving Julie, Lauren and Mark a call and having them cater your wedding or event!

Sent on 06/19/2011

Megan · Married on 10/12/2008

The Chef's Table far exceeded my expectations. Their staff is fantastic and both the husband and wife team made me feel like I was the only bride they had all year-far from the truth. They are far more than a catering company, but a true professional event design firm. Our guests rave about our food to this day. We even had a few quirky requests for them and they welcomed the challenge. I can't say enough great things about them!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Cody · Married on 06/26/2016

We had The Chef's Table cater a plated dinner for our wedding, with some very particular dietary requests for several of the guests. They did a fantastic job. They worked with us on our requests each step of the way. The entrees and hors d'oeuvres were delicious, and the servers made sure to bring each hors d'oeuvre out to us while we were doing the post-ceremony photo shoot so we could try them all. The lychee and papaya spheres w/patron were particularly good.

Sent on 08/14/2016

I work with caterers on a regular basis for work, and Chefs Table blew me away. Chefs Table went above and beyond my expectations. The food quality was absolutely incredible. I planned the wedding myself (at my parent's home) for about 200 guests. The layout of the venue made the logistics somewhat difficult, and the evening was absolutely seamless. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

From my initial contact with Lauren, to the site visit and all my emails and questions, and of course, the big day, everything was amazing with TCT! Lauren was always very responsive and their proposals break everything down for you so you know where your money is going. As our venue was not one where there are typically wedding receptions or large events, Lauren visited for a site visit where we walked over every detail of the space and potential layout, very helpful and eased my mind! On the day of the wedding, everything was perfection, their 11-person staff (for our 78-person, plated reception) made sure no detail was missed. All the food was absolutely delicious and included a raw bar (served in a perfect Cape Cod dingy), stationary cheese platter, passed hors d'ourves, and a choice of mouth-watering stuffed chicken or (perfectly cooked) sirloin, we've received a ton of comments on how good everything was! The two bartenders were also awesome! I want to get married again just to see what else we could have them make! Thanks TCT! :)

Sent on 09/23/2016

Louisa · Married on 08/24/2013

I can not tell you how fantastic Julie and Lauren were to work with. I was having a backyard wedding on a budget but they came through in a MAJOR way and created a wedding that was memorable for all guests and my husband and I. Not only was the food absolutely fantastic but they made the planning process so easy for me - helping pull together various vendors and (most importantly) my vision. I truly can't say enough about them and would recommend them to anyone...in fact I already have and will be attending a wedding they are catering this weekend- and can't wait!

Sent on 08/11/2014
  • User4293403 · event on: 07/19/2014

Sam, Lynne and Maureen were great. Service was wonderful and the food was delicious. The filet of beef was amazing! I would have enjoyed a few more appetizers and candidly did not love the dessert (apple pastry with ice cream...tort was too "tough"). But the evening was lovely and we have you to thank.
    Best wishes, Bob

• User4298875 · event on: 07/12/2014

3.0

They were awesome. Would definitely use them again in the future.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Rachael · Married on 09/28/2013

The Chef's Table did a fantastic job with our wedding. The food was absolutely delicious and the setup was beautiful. We got so many comments from guests on the passed foods in particular (which unfortunately we missed ourselves) but we were really happy with Julie and all of her staff!

Sent on 09/04/2014