Chef's Garden Catering & Events Reviews

84 | Jacksonville, FL

84 Reviews for Chef's Garden Catering & Events

Shawn · Married on 02/12/2011

I have to admit I was skeptical when it came to food for our reception. I absolutely hate wedding food. Not matter how nice the event, the food is always over cooked and dry. This was not the case at all when it came to Chef’s Garden. I was amazed at how many compliments I received on the food. It really was delicious! They went out of their way to cater to us. The staff (especially Lauren) made sure I was taken care of. She had a plate set aside for me for when I could actually find time to eat. If it wasn’t for her, I seriously doubt I would have eaten at all. I highly recommend Chef’s Garden!

Sent on 03/02/2011

Taylor · Married on 10/02/2010

Jennifer and The Chef's Garden made my wedding a dream come true. Throughout the planning process, I found many vendors to be inattentive, but Jennifer was always one step ahead of me. She not only directs the most delicious catering company in town, Jennifer coordinates the most beautiful weddings Jacksonville has ever seen. My husband and I appreciated her professionalism, creativity, and work ethic. Experiencing the best day of our lives was in large part because of her.

Sent on 03/02/2011

Kellea · Married on 09/25/2010

I worked with the chefs garden for my september 25 wedding at the Cummer Art and Gardens in jacksonville, fl. Liz was great to with. She had tons of great ideas to make my event special! On the day of the event the food was fabulous!! The set up was beautiful and very photogenic and tasted great! They were very apt to working within my budget. Traci was my event manager for the food, and she was wonderful! She brought my husband and I dinner and made sure we were taken care of and had a great time. They also did our bars which were a hit and equally as beautiful!!! Thanks everyone froms Chef's Garden!!!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Shaara · Married on 09/04/2010

I used The Chef's Garden for my wedding this September and it was nothing less than perfect! My guests are still raving about how DELICIOUS the food. Everything from the mini tacos and mini BLTs to the hand made pastas and sauces to the fresh sushi was amazing. Jennifer and Liz were a pleasure to work with and the staff the day of the wedding were amazing! We had one staff member who was just dedicated to me and my husband so if we needed anything. It was the wedding of my dreams, thanks to them!

I have since worked with them on a few events- from a baby shower to a birthday party. Everything is always delicious and done to perfection! The flower arrangements created by Jennifer are some of the best I have ever seen!!!

Sent on 03/01/2011

Carrianne · Married on 05/15/2010

I feel so grateful for the quality and service The Chef's Garden provided on our Wedding Day! I received so many compliments on the food from guests... even the picky ones! Their prices were very competitive which was important to my husband and I because we were a bride and groom on a budget paying for everything ourselves, and yet, they treated us like we were top paying VIP's. They played a very big roll in making day perfect, which it was. I can't thank them enough and I would 100% recommend them to anyone who wants amazing food, service, and quality!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Sharon · Married on 03/20/2010

As a bride planning a wedding from out-of-state I had a lot of details to worry about but when I hired The Chef's Garden Jennifer and Alex took away so much of that burden. They were so detail oriented and on top of everything that I was able to relax and put my trust in them- and they met every expectation. I cannot say what a big part they played in my mental sanity through the planning process and on the day of the wedding.

My husband is Persian and we wanted to include Persian foods in our wedding menu. The Chef's Garden was one of the few caterers we found in Jacksonville who was excited to work with us on coming up with a unique menu. They were very flexible in meeting with me when I was in from out of town for tastings, made great suggestions for Persian appetizers and entrees, and did a great job learning one of my husband's very difficult family recipes!

On the big day everything was delicious and exactly as promised. We received many many compliments on the food from all our guests (American and Persian) and I loved that it tasted like restaurant quality food...not the typical catering fare you have at so many events. I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 04/07/2010

Holly · Married on 01/11/2010

Chef's Garden catered my daughters wedding reception at the Ribault Club in Jacksonville, FL and did an abosolutely outstanding job.
    They were more than happy to do a tasting for us several months in advance and included a good variety of their menu items.
    The food was superb, the service was impecable. It was so nice that the servers came outside with trays of glasses of wine and also hor d’oeuvres for the bridal party and family while portraits were being taken.
    If I ever have need for catering services, the Chef's Garden will be my only choice.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Justin · Married on 01/01/2010

Everything was set-up on time, and the food was amazing!

A+

Sent on 01/10/2010
  • dearheart

Bailey · Married on 11/14/2009

We could not be more thrilled with The Chef's Garden and Jennifer Corrente!

We worked with them for our rehearsal dinner (11/13/09) and wedding (11/14/09). Everything turned out perfectly- the food, the service- the whole thing!

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has raved to us and my family about how utterly delicious the food was! Our guests LOVED the perfect menus that Jennifer helped us create for both occasions (Mexican fiesta and Southern vignettes). We have heard more compliments that people were so fully and happy and said it was the best food ever.

The wedding was the most spectacular event of all- with fried chicken and waffles, mac and cheese, shrimp and grits- every bite was heaven! And I know because the wonderful staff prepared us a plate (yes, I actually did get to eat at my own wedding!) and a wonderful take-away bag.

Beyond the food, Jennifer, Liz and the servers and staff we worked with really made the experience. Jennifer is a master of detail and planning. Her tireless work made the wedding. She listened to everything I said, took in my vision and made it happen. I would recommend her as a coordinator to anyone. I really couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the wedding come together and it was invaluable having Jennifer there, keeping everything running so smoothly and everyone happy. She has so much good insight and really keeps up with current wedding trends but also knows what will really work when it comes to the day's timeline, vendor choices and other important details. She also has great connections with other wedding vendors, which made it so much easier, especially when planning a wedding from a distance. I am so grateful to her for making the most special day that much more relaxing and happy for us. She is capable, competent and amazing!

The bartenders and waiters we had at our rehearsal dinner and wedding were professional and friendly and added to the wonderful atmosphere at the wedding. Food was plentiful, service was smooth.

We are just so happy that we worked with The Chef's Garden for our wedding. I'm happy to share plenty more details with anyone who would like them and I would definitely recommend this outstanding company!

Sent on 12/01/2009

Brianna · Married on 11/07/2009

Jennifer and the Chef's Garden crew were absolutely wonderful to work with. They were so accommodating with all of our requests and had every little detail under control. The food was incredible for our budget and we had several guests let us know how thoughtful and kind the service staff was. It couldn't have been better!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Susan · Married on 08/01/2009

Liz, Jennifer and their crew were ultimate professionals, but made me feel my event was the only one they had on their plates. They were responsive, original, listened to me and generally made me as comfortable as I possibly could be. As I told Jennifer on the day before my wedding, I was as relaxed as I could be knowing she was 'in charge'.

Sent on 08/19/2009

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2009

From our first meeting to the end of our wedding every detail was taken care of. The staff is friendly, dedicated and caring. They were able to transform our vision perfectly and were a delight to work with. The food, flowers and decor were flawless. I recommend the Chef's Garden to any who wants to work with people who care about your wedding just as much as you do.

Sent on 07/26/2009

Betty · Married on 06/27/2009

Every detail was tended to. They started off wanting to know the food interests of the Bride and Groom, their lifestyle and asking many other questions determine the variety of food. We had a destination wedding. We met three times (one was a tasting) for several hours and spent much time e-mailing & on the phone. I KNEW right away that the food would be delicious and experienced an immediate trust in their quality and interest in making our event run smoothly. The servers were well-trained and responsive. All of the food was exceptional, beautifully served as well as interesting. We had 300+ and many commented that they never had to wait to be served. Chef's Garden handled the linen rental for us and spent much time helping us determine what would work and look best. They booked and supervised the bartending staff and ordered plates, cloth napkins and silverware. Liz and Jennifer worked with our florist to incorporate arrangements that would work well with the food placement and be pleasing to the eye. Our experience with them was better than I ever imagined and I would recommend them wholeheartedly. Tony (Chef), Liz and Jennifer were very professional, have great imaginations and went to great lengths to make our evening perfect. We had VERY happy guests and a delighted Bride, Groom and Parents of the Bride.

Sent on 07/15/2009

Michelle · Married on 06/13/2009

I LOVE THE CHEF'S GARDEN. THEY ARE FANTASTIC!

Our food was amazing! We have received numerous compliments from our guests. And I have to admit, after attending a countless number of weddings, I know we picked the best caterers in Jacksonville. The menu was designed around a southern, down-home, not too heavy,fun meal. To name a few items, the guests were welcomed with sweet tea in mason jars, blue crab cakes and fried green tomatoes. The dinner offered shrimp and grits, collard greens and buttermilk biscuits with honey butter. In addition, we had mini sirloin burgers and french fries served in a unique way. Everything was as delicious as it sounds.

Not only did the Chef�s Garden do an amazing job at catering, they also planned, organized and coordinated the entire reception. Liz and Jennifer contributed so many creative ideas that made our night special and different from any other wedding. They gave our wedding so much personality. They were flexible and even looked for ways to cut costs. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and they enjoyed being there. The staff went well out of their way to make all of our guests happy. And they made sure that the bride and groom were taken care of.

The delicious, real southern food, unique presentation and quality service added to the whole feel of the evening. Liz and Jennifer truly had a sincere desire to make our wedding reception perfect in every way.
    I will forever recommend Chef�s Garden to all my friends! Thank you to everyone at the Chef�s Garden.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Micki · Married on 05/09/2009

The Chef's Garden did an amazing job, I highly recommend them. Jennifer is extremely helpful and willing to work with any budget. She had great ideas for linens as well as miscellaneous details that made our event really special. One of my favorite parts about our cocktail hour was the specialty drinks that Chefs Garden created. They displayed the drinks in big jars with a beautiful cardstock design wrapped around the jar that incorporated the paisley theme we had for our wedding.
    The service at our wedding was spectacular - our guests made friends with all of the Chef's Garden staff. I was worried our plated dinner would take too long, but the staff did a great job of moving everything along and the food was fabulous. I changed my mind about our menu a dozen times, but Jennifer was extremely patient and understanding. I only wish I lived in Jacksonville to use their services for other events!

Sent on 08/08/2009

Mallory · Married on 10/18/2008

My wedding day came right out of my dreams. It was even more than I could have ever imagined. Every detail was accounted for. I am a southern girl and wanted a southern wedding, most importantly the food! With fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, chicken biscuts, collard greens, strawberry salad, and there is much more! To this day I am still getting compliments on the food and reception. They would present me options and I would tell them what I did and did not like. I would tell them an idea I had and they made it 10 times better! They came up with unique ideas and how to incorporate everything that I wanted into my dream wedding. They really could see a vision in the reception hall and this helped to make everything flow so easily.
    They really did take care of most everything else, with vendors and rentals. Jennifer even did all of my flowers and they were beautiful. She even recommended a make-up artist that was fabulous.
    I was so excited to see my mock up table, my dream was coming true right before my eyes! They know what is important and what will look great!
    The staff was great and everyone who works there is great as well. They even made a to-go basket for my husband and I, because we all know that the bride and groom rarely get to eat!
    If you want a fabulous wedding that is everything you ever dreamed about, you will pick the Chef's Garden, such class is very hard to find these days!

Sent on 07/25/2009

Kasey · Married on 07/21/2018

We absolutely loved working with Elizabeth and Chef's Garden. I was a ease knowing my event was in capable hands with her team so I could relax and enjoy the day. Everything was wonderful and we received lots of compliments from our guests on the quality of the food- especially the shrimp and grits. If you are planning a wedding in the St. Augustine/Jacksonville area I'd highly recommend you give them a call!

Sent on 08/10/2018

We had our wedding at the San Marco Preservation Hall followed by the reception at the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens. Jennifer Earnest with Chef's Garden provided the catering and Madyson Kovatch wedding planning services, which is an option I would highly recommend, also offered through Chef's Garden. We chose the essential planning services which included 3 planning sessions with Madyson and thereafter she basically took care of coordinating all of the other vendors, rehearsal, and ensuring everything went smoothly the day of the big event.

Everything did go smoothly thanks to the above 2 wonderful professionals who clearly know what they are doing and do it very well. I did not anticipate the whole wedding process to be so stressful. Needless to say, I cannot imaging what it would have been like without their help and guidance.

Jennifer did a fantastic job helping us with the menu, having multiple tastings to ensure that we were happy with the food and presentation, as this was very important to us. It represents who you are as a couple and besides, the tastings were awesome!! In the end, the food was very good. We got LOTS of compliments from our guests. The entire event, which is really all about the details, was everything I hoped for and more. Madyson did a great job throughout and especially the day of, attending to everything so that we could actually enjoy the day, relax (sort of), and let if unfold.

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding. I would highly recommend Jennifer, her staff, and Madyson to anyone planning theirs.

Sent on 12/17/2015

jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

Jennifer and her team were amazing for our Cummerbund wedding. She and her chefs worked with us to tailor the menu just to our liking. Everything was executed well and very professional. The guests had many compliments about the food, and having servers pay attention to our needs and bring us food and drinks during the reception allowed us to enjoy it worry free. She also provided the linens, which was a big help to us since we did our own flowers, and provided an excellent day-of coordinator. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/11/2015

The food was amazing!! They were very easy to work with and made some great suggestions. Apparently they were late showing up for set up, but I didn't know that until several days later. It could have been an issue with beer and wine not getting cold in time but it wasn't (as far as I know). They were super flexible along the way when we made changes or requests along the way re: the menu. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Cheryl · Married on 06/05/2009

Exceptional quality and service. The menu items were creative and delicious. The presentation of entrees and the appetizers was spectacular!

Sent on 07/29/2009

Keisha · Married on 03/05/2016

Food was very important to our wedding and we wanted to make sure we got the best bang for our buck. We fortunately found Chef's Garden and we are extremely pleased with our selection. Elizabeth communicated with us from the very beginning and was at our wedding. She answered all our questions via email and text message. The food was simply delicious. If you don't see a food item on their menu, tell them-they most likely can make it. People still are talking about how good the food was. They decorated the food buffet table beautifully, and made it match the rest of my wedding decoration. The wait staff was very attentive and respectful. Very pleased!!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Jevie · Married on 04/18/2015

When we first met Jen, we knew we were in great hands! She had such a charismatic personality and gave us the impression that nothing was beyond their capabilities. From our very first meeting, up to the final meeting before the wedding, we had gone back and forth on the style of dining and the food theme. Throughout it all, Jen could not have been more accommodating and responsive to any changes we wanted to make! She was very resourceful and worked closely with us to make sure the end product was everything we dreamed. She even worked with our florist to coordinate the fine details such as serving plates. On the day of our wedding, and even 'till this day, guests have raved about the taste and quality of not only our food, but of our cocktails as well! Their bartenders are top notch and they were able to mix drinks based on speciality recipes that we created. Their presentation was amazing and their staff could not have been more professional. We are so lucky to have had the chance to work with Jen and her talented team at the Chef's Garden, because I know our wedding would not have been as successful if they were not there! Thank you so much Chef's Garden for making our wedding an experience we shall never forget!!!!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Elisha · Married on 02/18/2012

We decided to do a plated dinner for our 150 guest and Chef's Gardens service made us feel like we were their most valued customers. The food was wonderful and the team is fun and professional.

Sent on 02/28/2012

Becky · Married on 12/11/2010

Jennifer and crew at the Chef's Garden were extremely responsive to all event needs/wishes and went out of their way to assist in areas beyond the contract.

Coming from a service background I am often critical of food services, staff and prices. However, for the quality of the food, the service, and flexibility during the event, I would recommend the Chef's Garden to anyone.

Sent on 12/15/2010