The Chef Next Door Reviews

144 | Brownsboro, AL

144 Reviews for The Chef Next Door

Melissa · Married on 07/27/2013

The Chef Next Door catered my wedding reception and it was perfect! We received so many compliments on the food. Margaret was wonderful and easy to work with. She was helpful and mindful of our budget. Her staff was equally as lovely. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We couldn't be happier! I recommend The Chef Next Door and would certainly use Margaret again!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Kristin · Married on 07/20/2013

The food was delicious and she was great to work with. Really great prices and her set up looked amazing. I recommend to everyone!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Miranda · Married on 07/13/2013

Margaret and her team made the food one less thing I had to think about on our wedding day. About halfway through the day, I realized I hadn't even given a thought to the food. She completely handled everything that day and that was a weight off mine and my mother's shoulders. We got so many compliments on the food and its presentation. Everything was absolutely perfect. She is an amazing person to work with and will help make your day everything you've ever dreamed it would be!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Malia · Married on 06/29/2013

Food and service was great! I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day! :)

Sent on 07/08/2013

Donna · Married on 06/22/2013

For anyone having a special event, I HIGHLY recommend Margaret at The Chef Next Door. She was everything and more than we expected from a caterer! Margaret was sweet, kind, and accommodating, and her food and presentation was fabulous :)) This was our first family wedding and we experienced a lot of disappointments in a certain area of our wedding experience, but not once were we uncertain about Margaret's capabilities. She far EXCEEDED our expectations :)

Sent on 06/30/2013

Kaylie · Married on 06/22/2013

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding was hiring The Chef Next Door to cater it. Margaret and her entire staff were efficient, kind, professional, and flexible (our wedding was outside on a Saturday morning). They created some really delicious items for our menu with a smile on their faces :) We could not be happier! The shrimp & grits, bacon tartlets, and endive salads were huge hits with our friends. My husband and I were impressed with this company from the beginning and would recommend them to anyone who needs a caterer! We loved them :)

Kaylie Franklin

Sent on 07/05/2013

Paula · Married on 06/15/2013

Chef Margaret catered my daughter's wedding on 6/15/13. Margaret is a pleasure to work with! Prior to the wedding, she answered every question that I had, and got back to me very quickly. I never worried one bit about the catering. The food - and the presentation of the food - was wonderful. We received many compliments about the food at the wedding.

Margaret is a professional at what she and her staff does, and is also very personable. I highly recommend Margaret and The Chef Next Door!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/15/2013

Margaret and the whole Chef Next Door team were such amazing caterers for our wedding!!! The food was outstanding and the setup looked beautiful! I am still receiving compliments from friends and family about what a wonderful job our caterers did. I would recommend this team for any of my friends weddings! Margaret was extremely flexible and quick to respond with emails and any questions that we had. Thank you Chef Next Door for helping make our night incredible!!!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Kristal · Married on 05/17/2013

Margaret is great to work with! She is totally on board for anything. My son asked for chocolate gravy and biscuits and she totally came thru! Very professional and fun as well! I didn't have to ask any questions the entire night! Bartender was also fabulous!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Julie · Married on 05/11/2013

Awesome food, my picky eaters even raved about how good the food was. The staff was great and very accommodating during the event especially the bar tenders!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Kelly · Married on 04/06/2013

We knew as we began to plan our wedding that we wanted the food at our reception to be exceptional and memorable for all our guests. Margaret Baggett with The Chef Next Door Catering exceeded all our hopes and aspirations for the food at our reception. Margaret's professional demeanor truly made it a pleasure to work with her. Margaret listened to all our wants for the kinds of food we would like to provide, and she provided thoughtful advice and additional ideas for creating an array of food that would wow all our guests. Many of our guests have commented to us how terrific the food at our reception was and how beautifully the food was presented. We are extremely happy with the quality of service Margaret provided for our Wedding, and we highly recommend Margaret and The Chef Next Door Catering.

Sent on 04/23/2013

Pam · Married on 04/06/2013

The Chef Next Door catered my daughter's wedding reception and it was absolutely wonderful! The food was not only delicious but beautifully presented. We could not have asked for a more professional or creative caterer. Margaret was extremely helpful. I would say she went above and beyond my expectations. We truly enjoyed working with her and her awesome team. We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Laura · Married on 03/01/2013

Margaret was great to work with. She is clearly passionate about food. The food was AMAZING. Our guests are still talking about it. Every choice was fabulous. Her signature salad is outstanding and I'm still getting positive comments about her beef bruschetta.
    She also provided wonderful service for the evening. She checked in with us but I felt like she and her staff were food fairies because service happened perfectly and seamlessly. They were present and attentive but unobtrusive.
    Margaret stayed respectful of the budget I needed to work within as well. Even offering suggestions of how to trim in certain areas to provide the dishes I insisted on serving and staying in budget.
    My only regret is that her restaurant is not closer Madison, I would go all the time.

Sent on 03/13/2013

Pamela · Married on 01/05/2013

Wonderful, amazing and delicious. If I had to do it all over I would not change one thing. Chef Margaret was so easy to work with and when I changed things at the last minute she was very flexible and I respected her input so much.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Meagan · Married on 01/05/2013

I highly recommend The Chef Next Door, LLP for any event you are looking to have catered. This catering team is extremely talented, and they far exceeded my expectations. It was so nice to not have to worry about this aspect of our wedding because they took care of every detail without adding any stress. They came up with an incredible menu, and made adjustments to make it even better (even the last minute addition of a hot chocolate bar!). They were always easy to get in touch with, and they were very prompt with their responses. They are very professional, and they will go the extra mile to please their customers. Everything went according to plans, and there were no unexpected mishaps! For any future events we may have catered, The Chef Next Door, LLP will be the company we use!

Sent on 02/18/2013

GREAT service and INCREDIBLE food!! Very sweet caterer who loves what she does and does it well.

Sent on 01/13/2013

meghan · Married on 12/21/2012

I booked the Chef Next Door for my wedding in December, and I couldn't be more pleased with that decision. Chef Margaret and her crew at the chef next door were absolutely wonderful. I contacted numerous caterers in Huntsville, and Chef Margaret was the only one willing to work with my budget. She promptly responded with a personalized menu just for my wedding, and even though my budget was relatively small, you would never know it by the food or the service. I was completely clueless about catering an had so many questions, and she always helped me out without any hesitation.The food was unbelievable! Even though it's been a few weeks since the wedding, I still have people raving about the food. If I ever need catering again, I will not even consider another a caterer.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Megan · Married on 10/27/2012

Margaret has been an absolute delight and her team was so helpful at the reception! All of our wedding guests could not stop gushing about the quality of the food. Margaret and her team were extremely accommodating with a few last minute requests. She was always available to talk about our event. I could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 10/29/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2012

I can not begin to express how I feel about Margaret and her team at The Chef Next Door. I have never felt so comfortable with a vendor in my experience as an event coordinator and, now, bride! I really enjoyed collaborating with Margaret about the menu and presentation and couldn't believe the extent of creativity that this chef possesses. I had a very long and specific wish list of items at our initial meeting and she was able to transform it into a beautifully structured and well-balanced menu. She was like our fairy godmother of food!! I believe that the presentation and style of food really sets the scene for the entire event and, thanks to Margaret and her crew, all of our wedding dreams came true. Truly an amazing team to work with!

Sent on 10/28/2012
  • W

Wanda · Married on 09/15/2012

The first day that I talked to Margaret she was so excited about helping me with my daughters wedding. She made everything so much fun and was there to help me with all the planning of the wedding! Margaret took so much stress off of me for this event! Her prices are very reasonable and she is just a great person!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Patti · Married on 09/08/2012

Margaret Hale is a catering genius! She was so creative in making the menu just what my daughter wanted for her wedding reception. The food was outstanding and we received many comments that it was the best people had ever had at a wedding. Margaret is wonderful to work with, the display was beautiful, and she and her staff were top notch in keeping everything going. I highly recommend The Chef Next Door!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Heidi · Married on 09/08/2012

Margaret, the fabulous Chef Next Door, provided amazing food, a gorgeous display, and great memories for my wedding. She is NOT a cookie-cutter caterer. I told her I wanted "elegant southern"and she went above and beyond my expectations. My friends are STILL talking about her White-Cheddar Mashed Potatoes with fried chicken skewers in Martini glasses. I would hire this fabulous gal for ANY other event, party, or dinner for two!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Pat · Married on 07/07/2012

I'm so happy we chose The Chef Next Door to cater our daughter's wedding. The food was unique, delicious, beautifully presented and we had many guests tell us how much they enjoyed it. We knew she would do a great job but Margaret and her staff exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Lizz · Married on 07/07/2012

Margaret and her staff did a wonderful job catering at my wedding! All night I heard about how tasty and unique the food was. So many guests went back for more that there wasn't much left for me to snack on during the honeymoon. I will certainly recommend The Chef Next Door to my friends looking for a caterer who thinks out of the box and that their guests will remember. Thanks Margaret!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Erin · Married on 06/23/2012

Margaret and her crew at the The Chef Next Door were a dream come true! My husband and I wanted to make some of our own food for the event but also have some catered food, and The Chef Next Door was able to do exactly that for us. The food arrived with clear and precise cooking instructions, and tasted amazing! Our guests raved about the food all day. Every question was answered promptly and happily. One of the most professional and easy-going companies we have ever worked with. Thank you, Margaret and all!!

Sent on 06/26/2012