The Chef Next Door Reviews

144 | Brownsboro, AL

144 Reviews for The Chef Next Door

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2015

Margaret and her team did an incredible job with my wedding day food. She worked up a customized cajun menu for us with AMAZING passed appetizers. Our guests still rave to us about how good the food was. She was extremely professional, had beautiful presentation, and kept great communication from our initial inquiry until the wedding day.

Sent on 04/14/2016

The food is out of this world and Margaret is the BEST person to work with. She is so flexible and amazing! Best choice we ever made!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Teresa · Married on 05/08/2015

Margaret makes delicious food and presents it beautifully. Not only is she accommodating and easy to work with, but her menu is creative and everything tasted as great as it looked. We were so impressed with her and her staff. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Victoria · Married on 05/02/2015

Working with Margaret and the entire Chef Next Door team was a dream come true. When I started wedding planning, I knew I wanted a specific theme, but I wasn't set on any particular dishes. Margaret was so fun to work with to make my South-meets-Spain, complete with Paella and charcuterie, vision a reality. She was so encouraging and excited about my wedding and made me feel incredibly special through the whole process. She made selecting a menu so much fun and I am so grateful for her. On top of that, her food is absolutely delicious and we got so many compliments the day of the wedding about how great the food was. Her entire staff was extremely professional. They worked so hard for our wedding and it showed. I never had to worry about anything at all, including setting almost 30 tables with charcuterie boards, salt and pepper, bread baskets, and plates of oil, in addition to 2 full buffets. Thank you for making our wedding so incredible and treating our guests like they were your own!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/25/2015

Would I recommend The Chef Next Door? YES! YES! YES! Margaret and her team are truly exceptional. She created a menu that fit our personalities and our tastes that was to die for! Multiple guests complemented the food and said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding reception. Her dishes are delicious and creative and she loves trying new things! All the staff are very professional and easy to work with.

I highly recommend her for any event! Please also visit The Marketplace Cafe for lunch or attend one of their Celebration Series dinners, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Susan · Married on 04/18/2015

The team at Chef Next Door is absolutely the best caterer one could find. Helpful, cooperative, beautiful presentations and the tastiest food. The food was available in abundance and of the highest quality. The service was personal and perfect in every way.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Margaret and her team were extremely responsive and encouraging from the very beginning. She made the process easy and very fun! She gave us two tastings and worked through every detail with us- which was especially challenging because we were planning from across the country. The food was incredible. She truly took my ideas and made them unique. We received numerous compliments about how amazing the food was- from the passed appetizers, to the main course. CND even worked with us to deep fry my Dad's homemade raviolis as a mid night snack- above and beyond!! You often hear that the bride and groom do not eat at their own wedding- Margaret made sure that we got to try everything. It was one of my favorite parts of the wedding. CND is very professional and offers a gorgeous space for consultation. They worked very well with our venue (which had limited infrastructure to support their work) and they also worked very well with our other vendors. I'd highly recommend the Chef Next Door team for your wedding!!

Sent on 04/16/2016

Margaret and her team really know what they are doing!! We got so many compliments on our food from our rehearsal dinner and wedding! Many of our guests claimed that they went and got a second helping because they were so pleased! I would recommend working with The Chef Next Door any chance you get!!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Sue · Married on 12/20/2014

The Chef Next Door did an excellent job catering my son's rehearsal dinner. We had a cajun shrimp boil at Blue Pants Brewery- what a great night! The food was phenomenal and I couldn't have been more pleased. Margaret is a beautiful person and a talented Chef! I would recommend her without reservation!!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

I contracted Chef Next Door to cater my wedding reception. Working with them was so easy and fun! The menu that Margaret helped me pick out fit my personality and wants so perfectly, and she was very timely with her responses to all my questions.
    The presentation was gorgeous, the staff was professional, and the food was DELICIOUS (and the perfect amount!) Weeks later, my guests are still raving about how good it was. Definitely not your run-of-the-mill boring wedding catering at all!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Chef Next Door catered my daoghters wedding. I received great reviews in the food from my guests.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Kristen · Married on 11/02/2014

I would work with The Chef Next door any time! Chef created the most perfect menu to combine my family heritage as well as my husband's costal heritage. Everything was beyond what I expected. It's great to have a vendor that you can trust and helps you with you vision.

Kayla · Married on 10/24/2014

Margaret and her team did such an excellent job at my wedding; I didn't have to worry about a thing! While I was doing all my bride duties, getting ready, getting photographs, greeting guests and family, The Chef Next Door team got all the food set up, prepared, and ready to go right in time for the reception! The food was amazing, and there were plenty of leftovers for everyone. They even helped me cut my cake! The Chef Next Door team was wonderful, very professional and helpful. Excellent service all around!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Margaret and her team were seamless. We had an outdoor cocktail hour and a large seated dinner wedding reception. The reception was family style and the team delivered a fresh hot meal to all our guests with style. No waiting or standing around a buffet line for warmed over food here. The food was perfection, her servers were happy, helpful and very good at what they do, and the compliments continue to come in. Margaret is not just an accomplished chef, she really knows what she is doing and is more than willing to work VERY hard for you and have a smile on her face the entire time. She is creative and a superb listener-worth every penny. Leftovers were packaged up for our convenience and the kitchen was left spotless. The best in Huntsville area!!!

Sent on 01/01/2015

Betty · Married on 10/11/2014

I can not say enough about Margaret and her team. Their service was extraordinary. The food and presentation was flawless. The servers were very attentive to all of our needs during the entire wedding. It was a fabulous experience!!!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Margaret and her team at The Chef Next Door were fantastic. The menu was classy, tasty and plated very attractively. Her servers were wonderful, to include lighting the table candles! And believe me, there were a lot of candles. From upfront discussions about the menu, through hors d'oeurves and a sit down dinner, and all the way to the end with packaging up the leftovers, everything was perfect. The wedding was a wonderful event for our family with Margaret and team perfect partners.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/20/2014

I cant say enough great things about Margaret and her staff at the Chef Next Door. From our first meeting, I knew Margaret was on the same page as us and completely understood what we were looking for. We wanted the food to be a big part of our southern themed wedding and Margaret and team executed our vision perfectly. The food looked amazing and tasted even better. I had so many people ask me about the caterer after the wedding and I loved hearing all my out of town friends and family tell me how they went back for seconds of the grits bar. Margaret even made sure a stressed bride got to try everything. I couldn't be more grateful for the amazing care they took of us and our guests. I can't wait to host another event so I can work with them again.

Malorie · Married on 09/13/2014

Absolutely loved having Margaret as our caterer! I never worried about whether there was enough food, if the guests were being tended to, or if things would turn out as I wanted. From the very first meeting I knew we were in good hands for our big day! Thanks to you and your staff for making everything a breeze and providing a meal our guests are still talking about!

Brooke · Married on 09/06/2014

Chef Next Door provided catering services for my Bridesmaid Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, and Wedding. Chef Margaret was very responsive, helpful and flexible while planning the menus and the food, presentation and service were absolutely amazing at all three events. The guests still rave about how delicious everything was! I could not have been happier with the entire Chef Next Door Team and I highly recommend Chef Next Door to anyone planning an event!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Debbie · Married on 09/06/2014

Chef Next Door catered my daughter's bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding. The first words that come to mind when selecting a caterer for an event is dependability, customer service, professional staff and, of course, excellent food. Margaret, who is obviously an accomplished chef, far exceeded all expectations for all three events. She worked with us to create the perfect menu that complimented the personality of my daughter as well as the theme of her wedding. Each event was handled with professionalism and passion . . . . . . and the food was absolutely outstanding. I highly recommend Margaret and her team at Chef Next Door.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Taylor · Married on 08/23/2014

I loved working with Margaret and her team! My sister and I both got married this year, and unfortunate for my sister- we did not know about the Chef Next Door catering until after her wedding. So with my experience of working with two catering vendors, I highly recommend using them over anyone else! The food and service was great, along with the overall planning experience.

Nancy · Married on 08/02/2014

Yummm! Margaret Baggett and her team at the Chef Next Door provided a plated dinner for our daughter's wedding. The food and appetizers were totally delicious and exactly what we selected. Margaret was so much fun to work with. Her staff served 200 professionally. I can't wait to use the Chef Next Door again!

Sent on 08/23/2014

You can tell that Margaret pours her heart and soul into her work. She is super friendly, super personable, and she makes super good food! She worked with us to get our menu within our budget, but the food we had at our wedding still tasted aMAZing. There are a few things I especially liked about having Margaret as our caterer: 1. She makes her food sound good - her menu and food titles made me salivate (and these were posted at our wedding reception). 2. With each part of the meal, our guests had options - two salads, two meats, several sides. 3. She made everything look wonderful - presentation is everything, right? She also gave great advice on what we should bring to take leftovers, how we should handle our cake, what types of food our guests might like...I had rave reviews from my guests on the food, and I really appreciated all of the hard work Margaret put into my little wedding! I highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Thames · Married on 06/21/2014

Ah, there are not enough superlatives to describe Chef Margaret Baggett, her culinary creativity, personal enthusiasm, and professional expertise. It was fun to plan menu choices with her for my daughter's wedding reception. She had wonderful ideas to highlight the bride and groom's food preferences. She provided excellent counseling on food choices to stay within our budget. At the event chef Margaret and her staff kept the food coming and her displays and stations were, as always, lovely.
    This young woman is a rising star.

Sent on 06/28/2014

They worked within our budget and provided a tasty meal that was far from ordinary. The appetizers were delicious. The salad was fresh. The meat was tender. The condiments were homemade and unique. All of the offerings on the buffet were plentiful and refilled before anything got embarrassingly low. Our guests were pleasantly surprised and raved about the food!

Sent on 06/16/2014