The Chef Next Door Reviews

144 | Brownsboro, AL

144 Reviews for The Chef Next Door

Katie · Married on 11/05/2016

Margaret is unreal. From the get-go I could tell she was as excited about my menu ideas as I was, if not more, and I knew she'd just kill it. I had super annoying requests like wanting desserts in cast iron skillets, an over the top charcuterie/bruschetta table, and salads in "stemless" martini glasses to name a few :) Margaret ran with everything and I honestly could not even imagine it to be more perfect than it was. The food was incredible, obviously. I still have people telling me about how amazing the southern food spread was (buttermilk friend chicken, shrimp and grits, garlic mashed potatoes, greens, etc. etc. etc.). Honestly I'd kill for another plate of everything. Her crew was awesome, every transition was seamless, and I could not be happier with the result!!

Morgan · Married on 10/29/2016

The Chef Next Door is simply the best! Margaret is so pleasant to work with and our guests continue to brag about how awesome the food was! I highly recommend her for weddings or any event that you need catered!

Samantha · Married on 10/23/2016

We cannot thank Margaret and her fabulous team enough for making our delicious wedding food!! We still have friends who attended our wedding telling us that it was the best food they have EVER had at a wedding. She really goes above and beyond and worked with us down to every little detail--including my requests on changing the serving plates. She is truly AWESOME and we would recommend her to anyone and everyone who wants to have fresh, delicious, quality food at their wedding or special event!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Gina · Married on 10/09/2016

Please look no further than Margaret- her professionalism, enthusiasm and talent for catering was such a blessing on our wedding day. We planned our wedding from across the country and even with limited face time and not being able to have a taste testing we couldn't have asked for a better experience or tastier food. People are still talking about her sweet potato biscuit bar with homemade jams! It was everything we could have asked for and more, so thank you Margaret!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Valerie · Married on 09/09/2016

Chef Next Door is absolutely the best in town! Not only is Margaret an amazing chef (her food is SO GOOD!), she is super fun, sweet, and easy to work with. I highly recommend CND to any bride!

paula · Married on 08/18/2016

Best food vendor in Huntsville love her!!! Great set up on tables as well worked well with other vendors

Cassidy · Married on 08/13/2016

Chef Next Door was one of my favorite vendors I used for my wedding! Margaret is so helpful with your menu planning and gives great suggestions that match the theme of your wedding. She does not like making the typical boring wedding food, so if you like fun and tasty food, I highly recommend using Chef Next Door!!!!!!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Susan · Married on 08/13/2016

Margaret was so fun and easy to work with for my daughter's wedding reception. She had great ideas for the menu and provided a food tasting of almost the entire menu to be sure we were satisfied. We received countless compliments on how good the food tasted and the presentation was just as great. She followed through on all of our planned special requests throughout the evening. I highly recommend The Chef Next Door for any of your catering needs! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/17/2016

M · Married on 08/13/2016

Margaret and all of her staff were wonderful from start to finish! She was flexible and worked with our budget and our tastes to create a wonderful meal that our guests are still raving over. HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Nancy · Married on 07/30/2016

Margaret and her staff prepared and served an amazing buffet for our daughter's wedding reception. Many guests said it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. We were completely 100% pleased. I would recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Ericka · Married on 07/30/2016

The Chef Next Door was such a joy to work with for our wedding! Planning a wedding from out-of-state can be difficult, but they made the whole process simple and stress-free. They came up with creative options that fit within our budget perfectly. They also have an amazing venue that we used for our bridesmaids luncheon. Amazing food and service!! I would recommend The Chef Next Door to anyone and everyone :)

Sent on 08/28/2016

Cynthia · Married on 07/09/2016

The Chef Next Door catering did an absolutely fabulous job on my wedding reception. If you are planning a wedding, you should really call Margaret. Her company is wonderful, and went above and beyond our expectations. Everything in dealing with The Chef Next Door was organized and well-planned. Every interaction we had was professional and productive. We had about 200 guests at our evening wedding in July. Margaret gave us help is selecting a variety of excellent choices for a summer evening reception. She was very patient and helpful with the changes we made. ALL of the food was so delicious and the presentation was just beautiful. Throughout the evening, all of The Chef Next Door staff was top notch. It was everything we had imagined, and more. We could not have been more pleased. We have received so many compliments from our guests about the delicious food, how great it looked, and the helpful servers. The amount of food came out just right for the number of guests we anticipated. After the reception, the leftover food was carefully packaged so that we could easily transport it. The cost was very reasonable. We are so thankful we selected The Chef Next Door and strongly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding. You will be extremely pleased with this great company!
    Thanks so much,
    Cindy

• Emily

Emily · Married on 06/11/2016

Margaret and her staff are wonderful. When we first contacted her with our ideas for our dinner she came up with a great menu. Then we decided to "up" the food selections and she had the perfect menu. All night long I had our friends and family commenting on how wonderful and delicious the food was.
    I recommend Chef Next Door all the time when I hear of someone needing a caterer. Would hire her again in a minute!

Suzy · Married on 05/30/2016

Margaret is an amazing chef and business woman. She responds very quickly to emails and stays in touch. The guests were just raving about her food. We had a simple meal of grilled corn, green beans, roasted potatoes, grilled chipotle chicken and bbq sliders. But Margaret turned the ordinary into extraordinary. And her banana pudding shooters were the best! I'm so glad there were left overs!

Rachel · Married on 05/14/2016

Chef Next Door was an amazing caterer! I used her as my caterer for my wedding. Margaret always responded quickly to me to answer my questions and she is so sweet. The food was amazing and her set up was beautiful! I would highly recommend Chef Next Door to anyone that needs a caterer for anything!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Alexandra · Married on 04/30/2016

Chef Next Door makes some of the most delicious food that I have ever tasted. They came up with a menu that reflected our tastes beautifully!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Joy · Married on 04/30/2016

Chef Next Door was the first vendor (after venue) that we booked and one of the easiest choices we made regarding our wedding. Margaret created the perfect menu for us – I told her that we both liked Cajun food and she really ran with it. Everything was so delicious and flavorful (but not spicy) and everyone loved the food, especially the buffalo bacon mac & cheese! Margaret was so easy to work with and really went above and beyond. My husband really wanted a s’mores bar instead of a groom’s cake, so she actually built a s’mores bar just for us! Her team also did an amazing job of setting up and decorating the s'mores bar and the buffet tables. I'm so glad we booked Chef Next Door and definitely highly recommend her to other couples!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Rose · Married on 04/30/2016

I was the recipient of outstanding customer service! I live out of state and hosting a rehearsal dinner. Daniele made this an awesome experience. Prompt email replies and return phone calls. What seemed daunting and challenging, Daniele made seemless! The. There is the food.....DELICIOUS..... Beyond an excellent value for the money. I highly recommend this venue. I know if need be I will book there again!
    Xoxo Rose

Sent on 05/28/2016

Mary Beth · Married on 04/23/2016

The Chef Next Door is a top-notch group. I really have nothing negative to say about our whole experience. Margaret is easy to work with, has great menu and catering ideas. Her staff if very professional and pleasant. The food for our rehearsal dinner was DELICIOUS! So many of our guests commented on how good the food was. Presentation was great.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Margaret was so amazing and fun to work with for my wedding! Food was delicious and perfect. I would recommend her to anyone in need of catering in a heartbeat!

Michelle · Married on 04/15/2016

Margaret was wonderful to work with while deciding on a caterer and menu for our wedding. She was very accommodating and worked out a menu within our budget. The food was delicious! Glad we had leftovers to enjoy again the next day. She and her staff helped make our day perfect and stress free!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Haley · Married on 04/02/2016

The Chef Next Door catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding and did an OUTSTANDING job!! Margaret was a joy to be around and the food was absolutely amazing. We highly recommend The Chef Next Door!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Holly · Married on 04/02/2016

Margaret and her staff were a delight to work with. We used her services for our rehearsal dinner and wedding, both were literally perfect! We wouldn't have changed one thing. Our guests raved about the food, fried chicken and cornbread casserole, were favorites! Margaret was professional and responsive to our emails and questions. Her warm personality put us at ease immediately. I do not hesitate to recommend "The Chef Next Door" for your special day.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Nicole · Married on 02/27/2016

She is the best in our area. She sat us down and served us a free sample meal of our menu. It was delicious and all our guests raved about the food at the reception!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Great food and service. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/10/2015