The Chef and I Reviews

23 | Nashville, TN

23 Reviews for The Chef and I

brandi · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding was 10/6/18. Chef and I catered and it was delicious. Food was set up in time and looked great. Everyone loved it.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Julia · Married on 02/03/2018

The Chef & I catered our daughter's wedding at Arrington Vineyards. The food was wonderfully delicious & fresh! They did an amazing job! We wanted great food, not just good food, & they delivered. Our guests raved about the everything they prepared, which is what we wanted. They cook the food on site so it's not stored in containers & reheated. Their food is local & fresh, not frozen or off a semi-truck. The staff was professional, talented & extremely accommodating. You will not be disappointed & I would highly recommend them for your next event.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Joan · Married on 10/21/2017

Chef Liz and her crew provided a delicious as well as beautiful buffet. Serving portions were generous, the food perfectly prepared, and a hit with the wedding guests. Carol, director of sales, is a pleasure to work with and very efficient with communications. I would highly recommend them for your wedding reception as well as an evening out at their restaurant in Lenox Village.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Janell · Married on 04/22/2017

They went above and beyond to make sure the menu was exactly what we wanted and stayed in budget. The food was AMAZING (we had a buffet). I have already sent some of my friends there and although their menus were completely different from the one they created for us, theirs were equally as good.

Sent on 08/22/2017

jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

BOOK THEM!!! We didn't want traditional wedding food at our reception (you know what I mean...chicken with a sauce with two veggies and a starch...boring...), and the Chef helped us come up with the most amazing menu. We had SO many compliments during our reception and for weeks after, the food was AMAZING...from apps to salad to main course to sides, everyone loved it. We had a chef searing scallops that were TO DIE FOR and made the experience so fun! They were easy to work with, and flexible (we originally wanted stations, and then switched to a buffet no problem). And if you haven't been to the restaurant for brunch, you're missing out!!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Darlene · Married on 01/17/2016

The Chef and I were excellent to work with and the food was amazing. They stayed within our budget and provided food that wowed our guests. One guest commented that he was "Thanksgiving full" after dinner and another said the sweet-potato au gratin was the best sweet potato dish he had ever eaten. I loved working with our sale manager, Carol. She was incredibly organized and advised us well on set up so that the event would flow smoothly.

Sent on 02/07/2016

Alissa · Married on 11/02/2014

We decided to go with The Chef and I after visiting the restaurant and sampling the food for ourselves. Almost without fail, our guest volunteered the opinion that the food at our reception was the best they had every had at any wedding event. Presentation was excellent, service was professional and non disruptive, and it tasted amazing. What else do you need? How about a family recipe hors d'oeuvre, made by request just for us? Done and done, such a great job, would recommend without hesitation. THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/15/2014

janee · Married on 10/04/2014

I would highly recommend The Chef and I for anyone's catering needs, but especially for a wedding. They worked with us to provide the type of artisan, locally-sourced (from TN & KY farms) food we wanted to offer at our wedding, and did so within our budget. We wanted high-quality meats sourced from local farms where the animals lived a healthy and happy lifestyle. They provided this without hesitation and were happy to accommodate special requests like this. Overall, it was seriously awesome and delicious food! The presentation was GORGEOUS and The Chef really put a personal touch into everything provided. This is not your run-of-the-mill catering company. With The Chef and I, your food will be hand-crafted, delicious, and beautifully presented. 5 stars all around.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Very pleased! Completely yummy and beautifuly presented.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Alison · Married on 08/23/2014

The Chef and I catered our wedding in August, and they did a fantastic job. We were impressed with every aspect of our experience with them, including:
    PEOPLE: From the initial tasting/consultation to the actual event, everyone there was a pleasure to work with. Carol did a great job explaining everything to us, answering our questions, and making recommendations for our menu and the logistics of our event. She was personable and always very responsive. The manager and the servers who worked the actual event were all very nice, professional, and good at their jobs.
    TASTING: Our tasting with The Chef and I was one of the best parts of planning our wedding! We met at their restaurant in Lenox Village, and chef Peter cooked everything right there in front of us! As we stuffed ourselves, he talked to us about what ingredients he was using and how he could modify the dishes to suit our tastes. The team was more than happy to accommodate any changes we requested to make our wedding meal truly our own.
    FOOD: I’m a bit of a foodie, so having exceptional food at our wedding was non-negotiable. The Chef and I certainly did not disappoint, and our guests all raved about the meal! We had 3 passed appetizers, and instead of a plated meal, we chose a buffet-style “stations” dinner. Every single item was delicious. The Chef and I cooks everything on site instead of cooking it all at the restaurant, transporting it to the venue, then reheating as some caterers would. This means everything was super-fresh and hot. The food not only tasted great, but was also presented very well. Some caterers serve buffet-style meals in big metal schaffing dishes, but the Chef and I served everything in pretty bowls and platters.
    PRICE: We looked at several different caterers, and the Chef and I provided the best value for the price. We feel that we got a ton of food for what we paid!
    I would highly recommend the Chef and I to anyone looking for a wedding caterer.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Corene · Married on 05/21/2014

The best food I’ve ever had at a wedding. Yep, that’s what people are saying about my special day. Our adventure began with a private tasting at their venue known as “The Supper Club.” It is truly a hidden culinary gem in Nashville. Erica, the “I” in “The Chef and I,” is a warm welcoming and perfect host. We sat down and watched as the Chef prepared an array of palate pleasing pleasures. Each dish was visually stunning. The food was a delightful and delicious combination of ingredients that had me eagerly anticipating the next bite. The cuisine was most certainly edible art. Our favorites…all of it! From the prosciutto gnocchi to the filet with crispy oyster mushrooms, every dish deserved a second taste. The only worry I had was whether I would be fitting into my dress because I wanted to eat more.

During our celebration, the entire staff was dedicated to making our event a success. Everyone was hardworking, full of smiles and eager to serve. This team has it all. Talent, personality and the drive to make certain each dish they prepared was guaranteed to satisfy. I remember getting ready to walk down the aisle and seeing the incredible presentation the Chef and I had set up. I couldn’t believe how beautiful everything looked and couldn’t stop myself from grabbing a quick taste. The Chef and I made my wedding an event to remember and if what you desire is the best, then look no further.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Kristen · Married on 10/26/2013

Chris and Erica are the most amazing caterers ever! From our very first meeting, my husband and I couldn't wait to try their food. From the appetizers to the dinner to the dessert table, absolutely everything they created was a hit!!! Their bartenders and servers were a great team as well. We are already planning our next trip to their restaurant. Thanks guys!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013
  • MrsCoffee914

Suzie · Married on 09/14/2013

The Chef and I provided AMAZING food for our wedding!! Our experience working with Carol from the very beginning of the planning process, all the way through was great! She took note of our ideas and budget and with the Chef, they created a delicious and unique menu for our reception. She was super helpful with any questions that I had, and also provided great suggestions for a smooth reception. One of the things that I liked the most was that the Chef was familiar with gluten allergies and was able to create a spread that was mostly gluten free! The entire crew was dedicated to making sure that we were accommodated on the wedding day. We can't say enough good things about The Chef and I... we would highly recommend them for anyone wanting a unique catering company!!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Alexis · Married on 06/29/2013

The Chef & I did an outstanding job catering our wedding reception! Everyone is still talking about how delicious the food was. They did a beautiful job setting the tables and they food was displayed beautifully! I was very pleased with the quality of service I received and they were definitely worth every penny!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Leah · Married on 05/25/2013

The folks at Chef and I were all so friendly and helpful and eager to work with us to make our wedding reception to most delicious it could be. We also had Valentine's dinner at their new restaurant and it was phenomenal! We ended up picking a few of the yummy bits from Valentine's for our wedding (red wine glaze please!) and received nothing but compliments from all our guests!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Rana · Married on 01/25/2013

We can’t rave enough about Chris and Erica at The Chef and I. Hands down they offered the best food and level of dedication out of all the caterer tastings that we went to and it really carried over to our actual reception. Everyone at our wedding could not say enough good things about the food. We also held our rehearsal dinner at their new venue which blew us away. It’s a very impressive set up and somewhat interactive in the fact that they are cooking right in front of you as you mingle with your friends/family/whoever you’re there with. It is apparent that Chris and Erica really take pride in what they do. We can’t say it enough, if you have an event in Nashville and need a caterer go to The Chef and I, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Sara · Married on 12/22/2012

Chef Chris Rains cooked up the best food we've ever tasted. We went to a couple of tastings at Wedding101 and we loved everything so much that we knew The Chef and I had to cater our wedding but we had no idea how we would choose what to serve. Luckily, The Chef put together a few menus for us to choose from and even made some adjustments to accommodate my fiance's preference for spicy food. He put together some food combinations for our wedding and we found out later that he designed them specifically for us and they were such a hit that he's kept them. Our family and friends are still talking about how the food at our wedding was some of the best food they'd ever tasted. My mother-in-law even booked The Chef and I for our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding. They were very professional to work with and Carol went above and beyond to help me select numerous other things needed for the wedding, including the tables and chairs. She was so helpful and caring throughout the entire process which made it so much less stressful for me. We were so excited to hear that The Chef and I was opening a restaurant in Nashville that we already booked our reservations for Valentine's Day!

Sent on 02/01/2013

Emily · Married on 10/14/2012

We literally tasted and met with every caterer in Nashville and the surrounding areas and not one of them compared to Chris and Erica from the Chef and I.

From our first phone conversation, I knew they were our caterer! They were so fun, creative, and professional! We had the customized menu set within a week from our first conversation. They offered to meet at our house or their venue to provide a tasting, but we instead visited one of their public events and were blown away with our first bite. As far as the wedding, TOTALLY delivered. They provided our wine bar servicing, champagne toast, passed hors d'oeuvres, full fancy buffet meal with slight decoration, torched s'mores station, cake cutting, and a take home meal for the hubs and I.

You can totally tell they take pride in what they do and they are so deserving. Everyone raved about the food! Do yourself a favor and contact them!

Sent on 03/26/2013
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/08/2013

My husvand and I were absolutely blown away by Chef Raines service from the initial tasting to our wedding. Any dish or appetizer we dreamed of he created. All of our guests were absolutely amazed by the service and quality of the staff as well as the amazing taste and quality of the food. Our menu was outstanding waterlmelon basil shooters to burnt ends to salmon. He even made our meat pies - special to us because we met in Australia- they were spot on! We couldn't have been happier with the food.

Seriously they are the best caterer in town- 5 star service hands down!

And they made our signature drink the frisky whiskey absolutely marvelous! They were all gone within the hour!

Sent on 07/31/2013

3.5

Delicious food. I loved the bamboo disposable plates that the Chef and I brought. And they brought food to the bride and groom just as guests were starting to go to the buffet line, so the newlyweds actually got to eat on their wedding day. Thank you!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2013

3.5

We met the Chef and I at Wedding 101 in Franklin and loved the food we tasted and the menu they had created for us. The food at the tasting accurately represented what we had the day of the wedding, and everything was delicious. We had many guests comment on how good everything was and how far removed the menu was from standard wedding chicken/beef fare. They worked with us to develop a menu that accurately fit our palates and our theme. The only negative was that, at times, we went nearly 2 weeks without a response to questions and at one point the catering manager said that the owner was our contact while being told the opposite by the owner. This was probably due to the fact that the business was in the process of opening a restaurant in addition to the catering side, and the problem was eventually smoothed out, but a smoother process during the stressful planning process could have been achieved if communication had been more diligent. In going through the selection of food for the wedding, our takeaway was that the final product, which was great, was slightly diminished in our eyes because of a bumpy road to get there. The chef is stellar, and I think that when they settle in to their dual role as a catering company and a restaurant the kinks will be worked out.

Sent on 12/29/2013

4.2
      3.5

They are so helpful when planning your menu and extremely easy to work with. Everyone was so friendly and made the process of finding food that everyone loved enjoyable. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/19/2015

3.0

The entire staff is professional, friendly, and flexible. Great fancy food, but you get your moneys worth. The only thing I didn't like was that they changed the recipes without telling us...from what we tasted at the sample session compared to what was at the wedding. The food tasted even better at the sample session than it did at the wedding so it was a little bit of a let down.

Sent on 03/12/2013