The Chateau at Incline Village Reviews

67 | Incline Village, NV

67 Reviews for The Chateau at Incline Village

Lori · Married on 01/14/2017

The location is perfect - especially with the beautiful backdrop of winter. Everyone was easy to work with and our guests enjoyed the food tremendously. The salmon was especially good.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Brianna · Married on 02/17/2012

When we were looking for venues for our winter wedding, we realized the Chateau had everything we wanted. The venue is gorgeous and the decor is rustic, tasteful and modern, yet neutral enough that any event decor coordinates well with it.

The sales staff were approachable, accommodating, and pleasant to work with. Once we booked the venue, we were invited to the tasting event to sample all the wines and many of the menu items the Chateau offers in their catering. This was a nice touch and we've not seen this service offered many other places without charging the couple. It was so much fun and knew all over again that we found the right place when we tasted the food!

Throughout the planning of our event order, the coordinators were thorough and were quick to return calls and emails. During our event, they were very professional and helpful and showed that we could completely trust them to carry out our event perfectly. Everything went according to plan and the food was fantastic. We had so many people comment how pleasantly surprised they were by the quality of the food compared to other weddings they had been to.

We had a vendor coming to pick up their equipment the day after our wedding, and left the tip with the Chateau staff. Somehow it got lost and was never recovered, but the Chateau was very apologetic and refunded us the amount of the tip.

I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting to have a beautiful wedding and pay a reasonable price. I have seen venues not as nice charge more, so this place was a real value for the quality it provided.

Sent on 05/25/2012

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2018

3.5

Cathy and Lauren provided amazing service throughout our wedding planning process. My husband and I could not be happier with the service we received. Aspen Grove and the Chateau serve as beautiful venues.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Hi Stephanie,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your beautiful day despite the wet weather leading up to it. We know how badly you wanted to have your wedding at Aspen Grove, unfortunately Mother Nature did not comply and it was too wet and unsafe to be at that location. We felt so fortunate that The Chateau was available and we were able to move your wedding to a dry and safer location. I noticed your 3.5 rating on responsiveness, we did our best to keep up with the inquiries from you, the wedding coordinator and your parents, I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Ginger · Married on 07/18/2015

3.5

The Chateau, at the Championship Golf Course in Incline Village, was the perfect choice for us. Cathy and Maggie were very helpful getting all the details planned. It was a perfect afternoon wedding and such a gorgeous backdrop for pictures! It's close enough to the lake for the Bride & Groom to slip away for sunset pictures, without being missed at the reception.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Hi Ginger!
    Thanks for the nice review. The wedding was lovely!
    Hope to see you soon,
    Cathy

Brianne · Married on 09/28/2013

The Chateau at Incline Village was AMAZING. I found them by reading through wedding wire ratings and can only say that the wedding ceremony and reception were PERFECT! I could not be happier. The service was great, the location was gorgeous and the memories will last forever. I would happily recommend it to anyone. It truly made our wedding the best we could have imagined.

Sent on 10/08/2013

christy · Married on 12/11/2004

The Chateau was fairly new when we started planning, so they were a bit new to this. But they were great to work with. Very helpful and "small town" attitudes.

Sent on 10/31/2007
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 11/03/2019

Beautiful venue

We loved that our wedding was not only in a beautiful spot with a great view of the mountains and Lake Tahoe, but we had the venue all to ourselves! The food and service was excellent and everyone loved the view! I especially loved having a back up plan in case there was bad weather where we could switch from an outdoor ceremony to inside should we need it.
    There was a little bit of a switch up with coordinators during my planning process which frazzled me a little. 5 weeks before the wedding I found out Charlotte, who had been my contact and coordinator since I booked in March, was no longer there. Lauren and Brooke reassured me that they would handle everything and for the most part, they did a great job. The only real complaint we have is that the day before the wedding, the grounds at the 10th Tee Box were littered and dirty. My husband asked Brooke to have the grounds blown off before the ceremony and even though she assured us they would be cleared, they were not. Two hours before our wedding ceremony, one of my groomsman was using a leaf blower in his tux to clear the ceremony aisle before we did our first look. So other than that, we were very happy with the Chateau. It really is a gorgeous venue.

Sent on 12/16/2019

The Chateau at Incline Village's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the venue and the menu selected. We love that the weather was clear for an outdoor ceremony in November, which can be tricky in the mountains at times. Try as we might, it was difficult to keep the outdoor ceremony site clear from pine needles with the autumn winds!

Jodi · Married on 08/04/2018

Such a great outdoor venue for a wedding. Red flag warning that day and never even caught a breeze. Well sheltered. Just beautiful. Lauren Iida was so helpful and always available for all my panicking moments. Taco bar was delicious! Could use multiple stalls in the bathrooms. Would love to keep this place a secret but too beautiful not to share. Wish I had some nighttime pictures to share. Just gorgeous!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for your review! It was a beautiful wedding and you and Heather really outdid anything we've seen at Aspen Grove with the beautiful decor items your brought in.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2018

4.2

We had a wonderful wedding at the Chateau. The food was excellent and the staff was very responsive to our needs. The only thing that I would subtract is that a lawn mower was on the green during the ceremony and it was very distracting to me. However, staff did quickly intercept them and most people had not noticed it.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Hi Jennifer,

It was so great working with you! Thank you for bringing to our attention that there was mowing going on during your ceremony. The golf maintenance staff is typically done with all their mowing early in the day but I will make sure to touch base with them about this incident.

-Lauren

Katie · Married on 07/24/2016

4.2

The Chateau is such a gorgeous venue. The ceremony on the golf course and reception in their hall indoors worked so beautifully. It's such a pretty room for the reception that very minimal decorations were needed. The fireplace is especially gorgeous. I had a small wedding of 65 guests and they set up the hall so it was easy to see and visit with every guest. The food was amazing and I got so many compliments on how impressive the display was- I got the ham carving station, mashed potato bar, and garden salad for the meal and everyone raved about how fun it was. Communication was a tiny bit difficult at times simply as the contact I had been working with left the position so I was transferred to a different person for the last 2 months of planning. Aside from this, everything went smoothly and I could not be happier with how things turned out.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Sheila · Married on 07/17/2016

3.8
      3.0

Beautiful venue. Coordinator difficult to get in touch with and did not follow up on a lot of things.

We used Bloom Bakery In Reno (bottom of Mt. Rose) for flowers and wedding cake and she did an outstanding job.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Dear Shelia,
    Thank you for the taking the time to post a review.
    I'm sorry that you felt I was difficult to get in touch with. I did talk to your son, the groom, the day following his wedding and he said that the day was perfect.
  • stephkdowney

Stephanie · Married on 12/29/2008

3.8
      3.0

The Chateau is a beautiful place to get married! The fireplaces on either side of the room are wonderful. The hors'd were delicious. We had some difficulty with food being served cold and bartenders taking tips above the gratuity we had already paid but if you specify what you want, they do make it happen!

Sent on 01/27/2009

Leah · Married on 08/02/2008

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

Great location. The ceremony sight needs work. They have this amazing building and kind of a weird ceremony location. The catering crew did a great job on the day of the wedding. My big complaint about the Chateau is that it is like pulling teeth to get them to email/call you back until the week of the wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2008

3.2
      2.5

This is a beautiful location to get married! We did our ceremony and reception at The Chateau last summer.
    The good:
    Maggie was very easy to get a hold of and helpful.
    The food was amazing and our guests were pleased with the bar service.
    The location is breath taking, it's Tahoe!
    They had a place for us to keep our things over night so we didn't have to take it the night of.
    The staff was polite.
    The bad:
    I understand it's a golf course but the ceremony site was soaked.
    The table cloths they provided were supposed to go the ground and they didn't, so you could see the legs of the tables and I'm sure not a lot of people noticed but it was the first thing i saw when i walked in.
    When the staff cut the cake they just brought out one type of cake to our guests (There we 3 types) and i had to have one of our groomsmen get me a different kind.
    They didn't dim the lights at all when my husband and i shared our first dance.
    This one really got me- we had paid for the venue until 11pm and at 9:30 they started cleaning up my centerpieces and took the candles we had on the fireplace, so when we took pictures the candles i spent so much time organizing were not there. Total bummer.
    This just made me feel like they were trying to push us out early and at this price that's not ok.

I think if they had a coordinator at the reception things would have gone much better.
    It was still a beautiful wedding and I'm glad we did it there but would have changed a few things that happened but hey what can you do.

Sent on 11/08/2014

2.6
      1.0
      2.5

The venue is beautiful. The parking was horrible and the parking people kept turning the guests away, gave the Bride a parking violation for parking in her reserved spots (she was wearing a shirt that said Bride). I made a phone call to the main office and did not receive a call back.
    They changed coordinators about a month before the wedding, the new came coordinator came to unlock the venue and we had to go to her. She said to call if we needed anything, I verbally told her about the parking attendant, the situation never changed.
    The wrong chairs were delivered, there was a lot of confusion with the company. I made another call to the office, this was two hours before the wedding. The caterer showed up at 2:15. Spoke to her about the chairs and she was able to get the office on the phone. They told me I did not order chairs, I told her twice I did she continued to tell me no I didn't until I told her to check the invoice. They finally delivered chairs at 2:30, mind you guest were due to arrive at 3:00. Very stressful.
    The caterers were wonderful Emily and her staff are very attentive to your needs, willing to help with anything and will bend over backwards to make things perfect.
    In the end everything worked out, but I could of done without the stress trying to set up, which is why I paid for the ceremony set up in the first place.

Sent on 07/24/2016

The Chateau at Incline Village's reply:

We were disappointed to hear of the parking experience at Aspen Grove. Parking at Aspen Grove is tough due to the fact that is directly across from Lake Tahoe. We have since had discussions with the particular parking attendant who was on duty on your daughter's wedding day. Unfortunately, the chair company being used for the following days wedding had a timeline mix up, hence why wrong chairs were delivered. We apologize for any added stress this caused on your daughter's wedding day. We have taken your feedback under consideration and are using it to improve our services for our bridal guests.

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2013

2.4
      1.0
      0.5

I think this is one of the more beautiful venues in Tahoe. The property is well-maintained both inside the venue and outside the venue. The price is incredible for such a beautiful place. As far as location goes, you can't go wrong. No matter the season, this is a great venue to be married in.

On the other hand, if I did my wedding all over again, I would never for a second reconsider this venue. The staff seemed professional and incredibly friendly as they sold us the venue. Once we signed the contract it was downhill from there. It seemed near impossible to get the same answer from two different people. We would hear that certain things in the venue were available to use from one staff person and then we would come to find out from a different staff person that we actually didn't have that option. Not only that, but after getting such mixed answers, when I called to verify what we could or couldn't have access to in the venue or what was or was not being offered to us (catering, tablecloths, chairs, etc), I was yelled at, cussed at, and treated terribly. It was appalling to know that someone could treat a customer so poorly, especially when that customer is the actual bride. It was the absolute worst customer service I have ever received. It was so bad that 6 weeks before the wedding my family and I even considered backing out of the contract so that we wouldn't have to deal with their staff the day of the wedding.

That said, I did rate them a 3 on responsiveness because they always responded in a timely manner. They only received a 3 because they way in which they communicated during that response was, at most times, unprofessional to say the very least.

The day of the wedding was great. The young man on staff who was there to help us was fine to work with. Everything was set up as we had planned with their staff and it actually worked out smoothly (which I feared would not be the case after such poor interactions with their staff).

Sent on 01/30/2014

Dominique · Married on 10/25/2013

2.0
      0.5

The location is to die for! Breathtaking views!
    However, there was a great lack in internal communication due to staff changes or changes in procedure. It was a bit of a struggle to get in contact with some staff. In the end it worked out and was beautiful. The process was stressful though.

Sent on 10/29/2013

The Chateau at Incline Village's reply:

Dominique, Your wedding was beautiful and we are so sorry that you felt like we didn't communicate with you. Our Event Manager was going out on maternity leave and it was a transitional time. (She had an adorable 7 lb girl).
    We do make every effort to keep our brides reassured and relaxed so they can enjoy their very special day.