The Chapel at Ana Villa Reviews

The Chapel at Ana Villa 6
The Chapel at Ana Villa 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Schultz · Married on 10/04/2019

Great all-in-one venhttps://cdn1.weddingwire.com/assets/img/tools/contest/bg_cover-contest-opinion.jpgue!

Overall we really loved this venue and what it provided for the money.
    Pros: I felt the venue was super professional, helpful and responsive to my endless questions for the most part. They provide a day-of coordinator as well, and she (Meredith) was excellent and essential for a smooth day. The venue itself is beautiful on its own, and the guests loved that the ceremony and reception were in one spot. Basically, they made my day super easy for me and my loved ones, and it's clear they're good at what they do. The catering they provided was also really well received - great food quality and portions, and those with children loved the kid's meal option.
    Cons: Once the costs of some of the staff they require (security, bartender, server) plus taxes etc. were added, it definitely went over the budget we had established. Because they did such a good job, included the wedding coordinator and the food and service was great, we felt it was worth it and a good value, but just be warned. I also felt like until I was assigned a coordinator (45 days out), it was tough to get answers back over email.
    My wedding day went perfectly and everyone had a wonderful time, so I definitely recommend this venue if it's in your budget! They provide a lot for the money and the quality of everything was great.

Sent on 10/14/2019

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for you kind review! We are so happy your day went perfectly and your guest gave you compliments. We loved your set up in our La Cava space and you just looked stunning. We wish you and your husband a long and happy lifetime together!

Sierra · Married on 07/30/2016

3.5

Loved our wedding venue! It was absolutely breathtaking and beautiful. I heard great responses from all of our guests. It was a little crowded, but it was still great. They are a little hard to schedule times with in regarding the rehearsal dinner and what not, but it was still worth it. We made it work!

Sent on 08/08/2016

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Sierra, Thank you so much for saying such amazing things about our venue! It was a pleasure to celebrate with you and Kevin! We wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness! - Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Kelli · Married on 05/21/2016

The Chapel at Ana Villa was a beautiful venue for our wedding! Alice and her team were very helpful and worked with my fiancé and Into make our vision come to life!

Sent on 08/22/2016

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Kelli, Thank you so much for saying such wonderful things about our staff! We loved celebrating with you! We are so happy for you and Adam, and we wish you all the best in your marriage! - Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Meagan · Married on 04/10/2015

This was the first venue we toured. I toured MANY others and nothing compared. I absolutely loved it. The staff is really helpful and informative. I was worried because just a short time before my wedding date, my event manager left Ana Villa. However, at the rehearsal I met my new one, Kari, and she was great. Everything ran smooth at rehearsal and day of. Taylor was the coordinator for the evening of my wedding and she did a fabulous job as well. Their bridal suites are beautiful and make for great picture backgrounds. The venue itself is beautiful as well. I did my bridal portraits here, as that is included in your package, and they turned out absolutely breathtaking. I would do it all over again at this venue! Thanks everyone at Ana Villa for a great night!

Sent on 04/25/2015

3.5

Chapel Ana Villa was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The staff were wonderful, and I had no issues on the day of my wedding. My coordinator was wonderful and professional. I had NO worries the day of my wedding!

Sent on 06/01/2015

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Thank you for the kind review for Chapel at Ana Villa! We are thrilled that our staff made for a stress free wedding! We strive for excellent customer service to go along with the beautiful venue! We wish you all the best in your marriage!

Kind Regards- Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Angela · Married on 02/01/2014

The price was a little steep for a day wedding renting just the building itself (no other services included except for basic chapel and reception decor) but the venue is absolutely beautiful and was worth it. The staff that worked with my wedding were very helpful. Available on the evening of the rehearsal and very helpful on the wedding day. They were very flexible considering the short 3 months we had when booking with them. Responses were always timely and informative and I'm glad I had my wedding there. They were very accommodating, including letting my vendors setup in the chapel and reception at the same time and even giving us a little more time for pictures in the chapel since there were no other events on our day. We also received a our refundable deposit back one week after the wedding so they were very professional and quick in our dealings.

Sent on 02/17/2014

Hi Angela & Gary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Chapel at Ana Villa. We are so happy to hear our staff and venue were accommodating! We LOVE hearing about your wedding day as we strive to create a stress free and welcoming environment for your wedding day!

We do include several other items in our rental rate including chivairi chairs, table linens, tables, centerpiece vases, a venue coordinator, chapel sound system, bridal suite, grooms room, and more! We thank you again for all of your kind words about our venue and we can't wait to see some photos from your wedding day! Best wishes to you two!!

Congrats!
    -Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Selena · Married on 04/17/2015

My husband and I were just married at the Chapel at Ana Villa last week after a year and half of planning - the day finally came! The team at this venue made the planning experience very smooth for us. Jessica put me at complete ease during our details planning meeting. Renae was responsive and helpful when it came to payment details. The service staff during the day of the wedding was phenomenal. I later heard I had some challenging guests that were picky about the plated dinner we had arranged to have and the staff took care of it for me (without tell me about it!) Last but not least our coordinate, Callie was a blessing. She stayed positive (to help me stay calm) and on top of things the entire day. Thank you, Chapel at Ana Villa team for making our day incredible.

Sent on 04/26/2015

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Selena, We loved getting to be a part of your special day! Thank you so much for the kind words about Chapel Ana Villa. We are so happy that the staff put you at ease for a stress free and fun wedding day! We wish you two the very best for your marriage and future! Kind Regards- Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2014

3.5

Our experience with the Chapel at Ana Villa was wonderful. It's a little on the high end, but you get what you pay for. The venue is beautiful and makes for some amazing photo opportunities and memories.

Sent on 09/08/2015

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Lauren, we cannot believe your wedding was almost a year ago! Where has the time gone?! We are still talking about the string quartet you had and how beautiful everything was. It was a pleasure to host your wedding, and we thank you for giving us that opportunity. We wish you a lifetime of happiness! - Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Ashley · Married on 03/29/2014

4.2
      3.0

The Chapel at Ana Villa is a beautiful venue. I absolutely loved having our ceremony and reception there. Responsiveness to emails could be improved though that is my only complaint. All the staff is so nice and friendly, I certainly recommend The Chapel at Ana Villa!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Kelsey and Danny,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Chapel Ana Villa. We thank you for choosing our venue and we are so happy to hear you had a wonderful wedding. We wish you two the very best for your future together.

Our Best,
    Chapel at Ana Villa Staff

Denise · Married on 10/19/2013

4.2

This venue is simply breathtaking! We had a rough start in the beginning with some communication issues, but once I brought it to their attention they were on top of everything making sure everything went smoothly!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Denise and Jason,

Thank you for the kind words. We apologize for any communication issues you may have had in the beginning but we are glad to hear that everything worked out for the very best! Your wedding was beautiful! Best Wishes!

Warmest Regards,
    Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Katie · Married on 05/29/2015

The Chapel at Ana Villa is GREAT! Everything was planned very professionally, thoroughly, and every detail taken care of. All the managers and coordinators made our wedding so much fun and stress free so that we were able to enjoy our celebration to the fullest with our family and friends. They were helpful from the very first meeting all the way to the wedding day. When it came time for our big day, I knew everything would be handled and I wouldn't have to worry about anything. Our wedding day was completely perfect and if anything went wrong, we didn't know about it. I would recommend The Chapel at Ana Villa for anyone’s wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Katie,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Chapel at Ana Villa! We are so happy you had such a great experience at our venue, and we are honored you chose us to host your special day! We hope for all the best in your marriage! Best Wishes- Chapel at Ana Villa Management

Megan · Married on 09/20/2013

3.5

This venue is hands down the most beautiful one around! My wedding was gorgeous and the food was exceptional! The convenience of having hotels in walking distance was wonderful for my guests. We booked with CAV before they had even broken ground and I would do it all over again. I've seen them go through a lot of staff & policy changes so that was a bit rough at times but I know they are working on it. They were bad about committing to one thing - like my cocktail hour being a full hour - and then completely changing their minds and telling me it was 30 mins max... they did this over and over. My venue coordinator and catering manager quit 3 weeks before my wedding so we had no final contracts, the timeline was wrong, they told us we couldn't have a tasting, etc. Thank goodness I hired a month-of wedding planner because she worked out everything and the service on our wedding day was exceptional!

Overall I would definitely recommend this venue but very strongly encourage those who book here to have a planner who can handle the disorganization of a new staff & facility so you don't have to!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Hi Megan,
    Thank you so much for your feedback and recommendation! We're happy to hear how pleased you were with your wedding. We also understand that it was disappointing when your coordinator moved out of state. We always make our best efforts to communicate with you in the event of staffing changes, which rarely occur. I'm glad to hear that the transition resulted in a successful day for you.

I did see that you had an individual tasting prior to your wedding. We also held two private tasting events for our booked brides several months before your wedding day. Our brides have told us in the past that small group tastings are more enjoyable than individual tastings, plus they allow you to try more items on our menu. If you are not able to attend our group tastings due to circumstances such as living out of driving distance, then we make every effort to allow you the opportunity to taste our food.

While the venue coordinator that we provided organized your ceremony and reception, we always think it's a great idea to hire a wedding planner if you are looking for more full-service coordination such as decorating, attending vendor meetings before the event day, and other details separate from the venue. It sounds like this partnership between planner and venue coordinator resulted in a wonderful experience for a busy bride like yourself!

Thank you again for your response and we wish you much happiness in the years to come!
    -Chapel at Ana Villa Management

3.2
      3.0

So I absolutely adore the manager at Chapel at Ana Villa, Alice, she is by far the best thing about the venue. However, while they are helpful leading up to the wedding, the wedding day itself was far from magical. I don't want to write a bad revue because I really like the people that work at the venue, but I must be honest there was a lot of problems.

If you are going to book at Ana Villa you need to know several things:
    *You will be rushed through your reception and in between the ceremony and reception.
    *Take your pictures before the wedding because there will be no time to take them between the ceremony and reception. We chose to wait because we are old fashioned and I did not want my groom to see me before the ceremony in my dress, but we didn't get any pictures of just he and I or my wedding party alone with us because we were rushed on to the reception.
    * Do not expect the 'wedding coordinator' to be a true coordinator, they are there to get you through the ceremony only. My coordinator left shortly after the ceremony (two hours before the wedding was over) and because of this we almost completely missed our bouquet toss and garter toss and no one had our exit glow sticks set up or the car ready for our exit. (Our photographer saved the day, thank God.) Also, your 'wedding day assistant' is just there to help you get up the stairs, after that you will not see her again and she will leave early as well. Truthfully, you will probably end up as we did, two hours before the wedding was over there was a bare bones staff.
    *Be prepared to pay a LOT of money for a little food. Each appetizer (one appetizer) cost an arm and a leg.

I wanted to be really happy with the outcome, but I just wasn't. Just make sure you know what you are getting on every front before you sign on the dotted line. While Alice was the best ever (she got me a cupcake on my bday tasting) the venue isn't worth the money in the long run.

Sent on 07/01/2015

3.0

Chapel at Ana Villa is incredibly stunning, a gorgeous facility and perfect for having everything at one location. All of our guests commented on how extravagant everything looked and the almost Spanish style decor. The highlight of the venue was definitely the food, there were no complaints on any of the items and our guests went back multiple times! Also the list of preferred vendors is a must! I booked my DJ, Florist and Photographer from that list and all were incredible (Absolute Photography, Everlasting Sounds, Floral by Andy). The only negative was when I booked the facility, it was a definitely oversold and under delivered. Our rehearsal time was cut short due to another Waters Venue being under construction, so a wedding was moved to our rehearsal time and space. While the venue staff was apologetic, it was communicated that there was nothing they could do after the fact. Considering the amount it costs to book this facility as well as the food and beverage minimum, it was more than a little disheartening to hear there wasn't more they could do considering the inconvenience and my booking the time and location of the rehearsal (included in venue rental). One additional concern was the "wedding coordinator" that was included in the cost is only responsible for assisting through the toast. I had to go find my toss bouquet myself in the middle of the reception! Other than those concerns, it was a beautiful location. I don't know that I would highly recommend the facility to others due to the concerns and cost for the overall experience.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Matthew · Married on 05/16/2015

1.0

Ana Villa is a beautiful location to have a wedding ceremony and reception. Food is good as well. Communication is key with me and unfortunately with the manager Alice she was unable to call back when I had concerns. Even after the wedding I called several times to talk to her with how the slide show failed to work at the wedding and she never followed up with me.

Sent on 10/06/2015

2.6
      3.0

Overall the experience wasn't horrible but several of the staff weren't up to my standards as far as "customer service" goes. Alice seemed to always be out of the office everytime we would try to touch base with her. Not sure what she seems to do, however I do appreciate the girl who assisted us numerous times in Alice's absence. I believe her name was Jessica, she was an absolute pleasure to work with. I just think some things could have been more in order and I strongly believe that this is due to the manager not being available when needed.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Chloe · Married on 08/31/2014

1.8
      1.5
      2.5

My husband and I were married at the Chapel at Ana Villa on August 31, 2014. While the venue is quite beautiful, unfortunately what was supposed to be our most joyful day, ended up far from it.

1. Our DJ was shown the wrong room w/o our knowledge, thus resulting in him having a makeshift sound system & being placed awkwardly the day of the wedding. Because of this, the sound was warped & we could not hear him properly.
    2. Because of #1, the layout of the reception changed causing our guestbook & cake to be shoved in a corner and forgotten.
    3. We had three different coordinators. One who worked with us, a different one for the rehearsal, & a different coordinator the day of the wedding. Because of the constant change, our DJ was never properly cued during the ceremony & had to work on the fly. This also caused our order and timing to be entirely different than what we rehearsed.
    4. Coordinator made me feel rushed & stressed. Staff was also clearing guests' food & drinks not even thirty minutes into our reception. My husband and I didn't even get to eat our wedding cake. It just disappeared from our table along with our cider.
    5. During details meeting, we were told the venue staff would help clean. My husband & I had to return to the venue in my wedding dress & his suit to clean. It was embarrassing & tacky.
    6. Due to the time crunch, coordinator suggested to cut our bouquet and garter toss w/o consulting my husband or I. We had no idea until our DJ mentioned it. She also incorrectly cued the DJ for our first dance when we went to sit down.
    7. The wedding party & family were not the first people to get food even though they waited just as long as we did for taking pictures. The coordinator should make sure they are first in line.
    8. Our DJ was not taken care of & had to leave his equipment in order to simply get a glass of water.

We paid a lot of money for this to be the happiest day of our lives, but instead we just wish we had a redo.

Sent on 09/18/2014

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Mr. and Mrs. Winters, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We were absolutely honored to host your wedding & we are sorry to hear about the mishaps. We wanted to address each of them as you have taken the time to share with us. The DJ showed himself in & started setting up w/out staff's acknowledgment. Our staff kindly walked him over to the correct reception & helped carry his items. The DJ did not bring his speakers as instructed to do so, therefore had to plug into our in house sound system which in turn had to make a couple of small changes to the layout. If the DJ would have brought his speakers, the change would have not been needed. We apologize for the staffing changes as we had a coordinator leave early for maternity leave. We ensured that you had the same coordinator for rehearsal/wedding day so they knew everything that was happening. Our coordinator was helping bustle Chloe's dress which did result in entering the reception a few minutes later however food and cake/cupcakes were still present & available for everyone to have including you. We had instructed the DJ to announce the wedding party should eat first & he did not therefore our coordinator took the bridal party to the front of the line to ensure they got food & could sit down. Our coordinator brought the DJ water & food. Our staff does all of the venue clean up & you are just responsible for taking out what you bring in so items such as gifts and centerpieces. Our coordinator assisted in taking these items out to the car to help and our staff cleaned the reception hall. The DJ was the one who recommended dismissing the garter/bouquet toss to save time & you let us know you wanted to skip it so we adjusted because we absolutely want our brides & grooms to be happy & are more than happy to make adjustments when needed. We apologize for all the concerns & hope that you take away the joys & wonderful memories from the day. We wish you two the very best for your future together. Thank you!

Kristen · Married on 06/22/2013

1.4
      1.0

My husband and I were married here on June 22nd. I do not feel as though my disappointments can go unexpressed. This review box does not allow enough space to express the many disappointments I had in the service at Chapel at Ana Villa, therefore, I will state them in bullet point form.

During all the pre-wedding meetings, emails, and conversations, the staff made it sound like everything was going to be perfect and that we didn't need to worry about anything. They treated us like royalty. This was not evident on our actual wedding day.

1. Tea was not served to the guests when it was clearly stated in the contract that tea was included. The waiter said it was "upon request only".
    2. The venue ran out of glasses for the guests.
    3. The venue's wait staff did not deliver the entrees in a timely manner. Some guests had finished their meals long before other tables had even gotten their plates.
    4. To no fault of our DJ, the cake was not cut according to our desired time. Despite multiple emails with the revised and correct timeline, the wrong one was given to the DJ. This messed up my photographers and videographers service as they had no idea it was going to happen right away. I'd be surprised if I got good video/pictures of this.
    5. We asked for mirrored plates to be placed in the center of the tables as part of the centerpiece look and it was in our details contract. This did not happen.
    6. During the reception after about 30 minutes, the wedding coordinator was no where to be found. After speaking with my mom, it turned out that she was in her office the majority of the time and left around 10pm when our wedding ended at midnight.

My mom emailed the Chapel after the wedding stating her disappointments. Although a phone call was made to my mom, the apology seemed insincere.

If anything, my parents paid for the actual rental of the venue. NOT the staff's service. Yes, this is a GORGEOUS venue, but the staff/service was extremely disappointing.

Sent on 07/08/2013

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Thank you so much for providing this feedback. As a new venue, we take your concerns very seriously as an insight on how we can improve for our future brides.

Our venue provides a coordinator who runs the wedding rehearsal prior to the wedding day and day-of ceremony coordination. While we are very involved during the first portion of the wedding and set up, we step back after the ceremony to allow the banquet captain and Catering Director from Food Glorious Food to run the reception for your event since much of the time line is centered around dinner service. This is also why we have you work extensively with the catering company prior to the wedding, so that you feel comfortable and familiar with the staff on your big day. Although the coordinator remains in the background during the reception, we continually check in with the Catering Director and their team on the evening's events. This is also why Jessica stepped in to address your concerns about the iced tea service. It sounds as though we could have more clearly defined the coordinator's responsibilities to avoid this confusion, although prior to the wedding Jessica felt confident that she had explained her role as ceremony coordinator and the catering company's role in facilitating your reception and food service. We feel that this team approach is the best way to provide service to our bride's from start to finish. The coordinator arrives early before the event to address set up and ceremony and generally stays until cake cutting at which time dinner service has concluded. The catering staff stays until the end of the night and breaks down after the reception. We did have the mirror plates placed out for your reception. The florist asked for certain ones to be removed because she did not want them under all the arrangements. We made this known to your mom so that she understood the decision that was made by the florist to verify it was okay.

Regarding the food service, Upon request does mean it’s included, at no extra charge, just not preset. We have listened to your concerns and have since changed the setups to preset tea for every event. For the glassware, we provide over 300 each of water and highball glasses. The caterer did have both of these out for the event and did not run out. Our serving staff waited on a couple of tables to finish their salads before serving their entrees. We try our best not to clear plates prematurely when guests are still enjoying their first course. Therefore, we cleared salad and served entrees as the guests were finished so there were a couple of guests that did get served later than others.

Again, we are incredibly sorry that your wedding day was not everything that you hoped it would be. We spoke to your mom when she brought up her disappointment after your event, and we expressed our sincere apologies. You and your mom did state that despite your concerns the wedding was still beautiful. My hope is that you can still take away positive memories of what this day was about - the union of your families and start of your new life together. We wish you and your new husband much happiness in your future together.

Melissa · Married on 04/11/2014

1.2
      2.0

They told us there was a 4:30 wedding and our 8:30 wedding wouldn't be impacted. They lied. It was a 6:30 wedding and our groom and his groomsmen never got to use the groom's room, but instead had to get ready in a nearby hotel. The other wedding didn't finish until late and we couldn't get into the chapel to decorate until we were already supposed to be doing photos and first look. The staff kept our guests waiting outside in the wind forever and were very curt and short with us. We chose La Cava and because we weren't the ballroom reception felt very shoved aside and lied to. All Abby kept saying was, sorry that possibility was in your contract. (fine print, however not what we were told verbally)

Sent on 04/17/2014

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our goal at Chapel at Ana Villa is always to provide the best service possible in order for our clients to have a beautiful & stress-free wedding day. We are very sorry for your disappointment.

We wanted to address your concerns. We did have another event that day however our ceremony times never overlap and we ensure that all our couples have plenty of time to take photos before moving into the reception area. The groom's room was available for your husband and his groomsmen during the scheduled times agreed upon. Our staff wanted to be accommodating with your husband & groomsmen arriving earlier than the scheduled times, therefore we arranged for a hotel room. The chapel was also available at the scheduled contracted time agreed upon by you and guests began entering the chapel a hour before the ceremony. We are sorry that you felt this way about our staff and venue. Our hope is that you can still take away positive memories of what this day was about - the union of your families and start of your new life together. We wish you and your new husband much happiness in your future together.

Our Best,
    Chapel at Ana Villa Management

K · Married on 12/18/2016

0.4
      0.5

I was informed that my rehearsal date had been double booked about a week or so before my wedding by the Chapel at Ana Villa, resulting in hotel room bills being wasted, schedule conflicts for wedding party members as well as our officiant, and the hassle/costs of rescheduling the rehearsal dinner and rearranging all scheduled activities for the day. The double booking resulted in the Chapel booking another wedding, which allowed them to earn several thousand dollars, and I'm sure that's why they cared so little about my booking a wedding on top of my rehearsal. My family tried to explain our situation to Alice, who refused to help us or offer any kind of compensation. She attacked my family members to me over the phone ("well your mom doesn't understand what's going on and she's overreacting") and was completely unhelpful. She said she would try to contact the company to try to get compensation for us, which she did not do. We ourselves tried to reach out to people in charge, who told us there was nothing they would do about it. Food Glorious Food gave us extra hors d'oeuvres, which was nice, but in no way made up for the mistake Chapel at Ana Villa had made, and they are an entirely separate company. I've informed my family and friends to save an enormous amount of money and get married in a church or choose a different venue, because our money was not worth the hassle we experienced and the way we were treated. I've since looked at more reviews, and I've found that I'm not the only one who has had a terrible experience with this venue.
    The Chapel at Ana Villa does not care about their clients as long as the event is already booked and they are getting their money. I would be wary of all venues owned by Walters Wedding Estates.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Hi Kaitlyn,
    On behalf of Chapel at Ana Villa Management, I wanted to respond to your concerns. We do schedule rehearsals based around our Event schedule so that we can be accommodating to all of our clients. You and all of our clients are our priority. Your rehearsal was accommodated on the day requested and a hour earlier than the originally requested time with ample communication and notification before any changes were made. We realize the inconveniences this may have caused and therefore offered $500 in complimentary upgrades and free appetizers. The staff member you speak of is no longer with our company. We strive to provide continued unparalleled customer service to all of our clients. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we wish you and your husband the very best. Kind Regards, Chapel at Ana Villa Management
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/12/2013

0.2
      0.0

My wedding day- 10-12-2013. I would not recommend this venue at all!
    So originally the coordinators told me that the Groom and the Groomsman would be hidden in the Groom's room from all the guest before the ceremony. Well, the coordinators are nowhere to be found! While I am getting ready doing a million things (Bride's to be you know how hectic your wedding day is) with getting ready pictures, bridesmaid pictures, etc etc. I CANNOT be the WEDDING COORDINATOR that's why I gave CHAPEL AT ANA VILLA all of my money, to NOT COORDINATE my wedding. The Groom and Groomsman are all out in the lobby area with all the guest. P.S. I'm very organized and specific and want things a certain way, and every single wedding I have ever went to NEVER have the bridal party been out and about with the guest BEFORE the wedding!! Where were the coordinators I PAID????!!! Nowhere to be found, all the while the guests were searching for the programs and the sign in book that the Wedding coordinators never came and got or made sure they were out once the guests arrived. Brides please be aware YOU are responsible for everything at your wedding when booking here at THE CHAPEL AT ANA VILLA the only thing they provide is the building and luckily I wasn't asked to get in the kitchen and cook the food.-So where was I, oh yes the programs and the guest book... My Maid of Honor goes over to check on the guys and notices what is happening on the other side. No coordinators to be seen, the guest in the lobby milling about with the wedding party and no programs no wedding book. So what does my MOH do immediately goes into action, she starts looking for a Wedding Coordinator because the book and programs are locked inside the Bridal Suite. So she asks the Wedding Coordinator for a key, "We don't have a key" are you KIDDING ME!!! I'm not even joking this happened. So leave it to my faithful friend to pull a hair pin from her up-do and pick the lock while the coordinator stands in disbelief. To be cont.

Sent on 11/05/2013

The Chapel at Ana Villa's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.Our goal at CAV is always to provide the best service possible in order for our clients to have a beautiful & stress-free wedding day.We are very sorry for your disappointment. We provide a venue coordinator to run the rehearsal & ceremony processional, as well as assist the wedding party & guests when they arrive.While we have a separate groom’s & bride's suite, it is completely up to the wedding party if they wish to be out in the foyer area to greet the guests. It was their decision to leave the doors open & greet guests.The venue coordinator checked on the bride & groom multiple times prior to the ceremony. We had dedicated servers providing refreshments in the dressing rooms for 2 hours prior to ceremony, & during that time no one from our staff was made aware that this was a concern. In addition to directing the wedding processional, our staff assists vendors & direct the set up of items provided by our venue.During set up, the coordinator was informed that the guestbook & programs needed set out; however the wedding party could not locate these items. The coordinator proceeded to ask around to assist in finding them. Just before ceremony time the items were identified to be in the bridal suite which had been locked by the wedding party. While a staff member promptly went to get the key from our office, a member of the wedding party gained access to the room & retrieved the items. Our staff disbursed programs to guests & set the guest book out before the ceremony.The venue coordinator & other staff were present & available from the set up all the way to the end of your event.You did not mention any issues with the ceremony or reception, which we trust means that the most important aspects of your wedding day were a success. We hope that you are able to look past the common 'mishaps' that can happen to any bride despite planning every detail & instead think of the memories created w/your newly joined family