The Century Room Reviews

77 | Asheville, NC

77 Reviews for The Century Room

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/07/2016

We toured a ton of venues from DC to Charleston and landed at the Century Room in Asheville. From the moment we met Chandler, we knew we wanted to go with this venue. She was so helpful in answering all of our questions and really taking the time to talk through everything with us even before we had committed to the venue. Her and her staff are genuine and trustworthy, and the venue prices are extremely reasonable for the value you receive. The food was amazing, the service was top notch, the event ran seamlessly, and the event space is beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a better evening and would definitely recommend the Century Room to any couples searching for the perfect urban venue!

Sent on 06/14/2016

The Century Room's reply:

Thanks, Whitney! It was fabulous working with you and a JOY to be a part of your beautiful ceremony and reception!

Courtenay · Married on 04/30/2016

The Century Room at Pack's is AMAZING, and I cannot even begin to say enough nice things about Chandler. She seriously handled our entire rehearsal dinner...when I walked in on the night of the dinner, I had a moment of panic thinking how little I did to prepare the room and that maybe we'd go up there to emptiness...but Chandler had everything set and perfect! The room looked beautiful and we received compliments the entire night about what a special place it was. Our rehearsal dinner was totally flawless thanks to Chandler and the chefs who made the food (which was DELICIOUS, especially the strawberry cobbler) and the extremely nice bartenders! The staff was so friendly, and the room has an amazing vibe. Definitely have your event at the Century Room if you're able!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Courtenay,
    We loved having your group with us for your Rehearsal Dinner! It's always wonderful when I have the opportunity to pass along words of appreciation to our kitchen and serving staff and thank you for your kind words! They were thrilled to hear that they had a part in making your experience with us in the Century Room a success! Congrats again!!

Mark & Jamie · Married on 04/30/2016

The Century Room was the perfect backdrop for our late-April wedding reception. In addition to the beautiful space, the food is out of this world and took the hassle out of needing to hire a caterer. Nearly a month after our wedding, people are still talking about how delicious the food was! I can't say enough good things about Chandler and her staff. Chandler is a true professional and simply a delight to work with. She answered every question we had promptly and went above and beyond to make sure my husband's Russian culture was honored. She's also a wiz at budgets and made sure we stayed within ours. Many thanks to Chandler and her team for making our reception just perfect :)

Sent on 05/24/2016

The Century Room's reply:

Mark and Jamie, A belated thank you for your review of our services! We are SO glad you enjoyed yourselves and appreciate your feedback! Congratulations again from all of us here at The Century Room!
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 03/12/2016

After much research and visiting a ton of places, we chose the Century Room for our rehearsal dinner. We cannot express how unbelievable and perfect our night was. The planning process with Chandler was beyond easy and enjoyable. She helped me with every aspect, even things that had nothing to do with her or the venue. She would respond to every single question or request immediately and we were beyond impressed by her and her work! We love her! =)

The day of the event was even more impressive (if that's possible). The FOOD!!! Our guests are still talking about the food!!! Most guests were from Miami or big cities, aka spoiled by top cuisine and restaurants....all were shocked by the food. The atmosphere blew everyone away. If you haven't seen pictures or visited the event space, please do! You will love it and not look any further for your event! The service and staff were simply amazing. Unfortunately, we live in Miami, FL. If not, I would be set with a venue for every occasion in life. Chandler can turn the Century Room into an elegant wedding or strip it down and help you throw a casual BBQ party. It has been a couple months and we still talk about Chandler and the Century Room. Please call her and get to know her...it won't take more than the first conversation to be at ease and know that you're in the BEST hands at the greatest event space. My email is Nikkis0902@gmail.com if you'd like more information. I'd love to tell you even more about the Century Room!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Nikki,
    We are so glad to hear that you, Cesar and your friends and family had a fabulous time here in the Century Room! Our Serving and Kitchen staff expressed how much fun they had with your group and we loved your concept of an "I-Do BBQ!" Thank you so much for your willingness to share your experience with other potential clients!!

Matt · Married on 02/13/2016

Simply put, The Century Room was the best thing about our wedding weekend. The venue is a beautiful mixture of large windows, wooden beams and exposed brick - right in the heart of Asheville. It's also an easy walk to many hotels, which was perfect for our winter wedding. From the moment we contacted their staff about booking our reception, Chandler was there to guide us along the way. She answered all of our questions in a super-timely fashion, solved any problems we had along the way, provided a full list of vetted vendors, and was there to help during the actual event. I'm proud to say I have a 75 count email chain with her throughout this entire process... that's how "always-on" and attentive she is. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a reception in downtown Asheville.

Sent on 02/19/2016

Mallory · Married on 01/02/2016

We have a blast and just talked today about how we wouldn't have changed a thing. The ambiance was great, plenty of room for all our our guests and the overhead lighting was gorgeous!!! Everyone raved about the food, which isn't always the case at weddings. The chef was able to cater to my allergy without any issues.

Chandler, our Event Coordinator was on top of everything and so sweet.

Everything came together wonderfully. We truly appreciate how everything delivered exactly as promised. Top-notch events venue for small or large size groups. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/07/2016

The Century Room was a beautiful venue for both our ceremony and reception. Chandler was a great planner and responded to emails in a timely manner. The food was delicious and the event space has an overall fun and party feeling to it. I would highly recommend having an event here.

Sent on 12/25/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/21/2015

This place was not only beautiful but the best to work with. Chandler, our event coordinator from The Century Room, was easy to work with and extremely flexible. She was prompt in all responses and made our night go smooth without any issues. I would highly recommend this venue and working with Chandler. She can calm any bridezilla. I would definitely go there and work with her again.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Chandler went above and beyond in helping plan and set up our event.
    The entire staff was very accommodating both before and during the party.
    The dinner was above average and the appetizers were excellent --much better
    than expected for a large group. Would love to use this venue again!!

Sent on 12/20/2015

Tara · Married on 11/07/2015

We absolutely loved this venue from the moment we first saw it. But what made it the most wonderful experience was Chandler Guess - who walked us through every decision in the most pleasant and gracious manner. I had absolutely no doubt that she would look out for our best interest - and did! We had an over the top - fabulous - wedding reception, and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone considering an event in Asheville.

Sent on 12/10/2015

Brian · Married on 10/24/2015

We cannot say enough positive remarks about our experience with Chandler and the team at The Century Room. First there’s the space: it’s simply elegant, yet inviting. We were looking for a space that was architecturally interesting enough to minimize the amount of other decorations needed, and this place fit the bill perfectly. Second, there’s the food and the event staff: it was delicious, and they were happy and professional. Third, there’s Chandler, the event space coordinator: she was perfect. Sometimes it felt we put her through the wringer with our questions, yet she consistently responded to us with nothing less than professional enthusiasm and patience. She was incredibly accessible whenever we needed information from her. There were several instances in which we met with Chandler and walked away surprised at how above and beyond she had seemed to go in preparing for our meetings and satisfying our needs during them. Everything about working with the team of professionals at The Century Room was top notch!

Sent on 12/20/2015
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/17/2015

We LOVED our ceremony and reception at The Century Room. The rustic feel was perfect, the party was killer, the staff was attentive and the price was right. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Ryan · Married on 10/10/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue. It's gorgeous, in a fantastic location that's walking distance to several hotels and all of downtown Asheville, and Chandler and Mary were phenomenal to work with. They couldn't have made the crazy wedding planning process any easier for me, and everything was absolutely perfect on our big day.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

The CR hosted our rehearsal party. It is an adorable spot and was perfect for our rehearsal party. When it came to our rehearsal party, instead of doing a traditional sit down dinner, we opted to have it as a party with light appetizers served in which all wedding guests were also invited to the rehearsal party. It was a huge success, and the feel, decor, lighting, and atmosphere of the CR was perfect for our needs. The view of downtown is really neat, and the location is excellent because several parking lots/spots/etc. were pretty readily available, and keep in mind, we got married in October in Asheville with everyone else and their, mother and we still were able to easily find parking for us and our guests! Bonus: the CR allowed my in laws to bring in their own center piece decor, which is something they had really wanted to do, so it's nice that the CR was so accommodating to allow these sorts of outside items. Great venue, would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/03/2015

Working with Chandler and the staff at the Century Room was such an amazing experience. She helped us in every aspect of planning our wedding reception, from timeline to the best food choices and dinner service and so much more! I truly feel like she is a friend at the end of this, her responsiveness to all of my emails (even the crazy ones) was so impressive and she was the calm voice of reason and made my requests happen! Walking into our reception was like walking into my dream, it lived up to every expectation. The staff was professional and friendly, our guests raved and are still talking about the beauty of the space and how great the food was. I just can't say enough good things about The Century Room I am so glad we found them, our wedding truly was the best day ever.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Maura · Married on 10/02/2015

Chandler was amazing to work with -- attentive, professional, responsive and equally important, almost like a member of the entourage as the RD date neared. She calmed nerves, when needed; tidied up loose ends; but most important, was a master of ceremonies. Loved working with her!!!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Shelby · Married on 09/12/2015

We loved working with Chandler and the Century Room for our reception. Our guests raved about the beautiful space and especially the food! We heard so many people say that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Our entire planning process went so smoothly thanks to Chandler and her relationships with other vendors in the area. Everyone worked well together and our reception was FANTASTIC! I would recommend the Century Room to anyone.

Sent on 09/23/2015

The Century Room is simply amazing! We knew from the first moment we met Chandler that the Century Room would be the perfect venue for our wedding. The location is perfect- in the middle of downtown right next to a beautiful park (perfect for pictures!), and the food was wonderful. We choose to do food stations, but there are a ton of other options and Chandler has this awesome board that makes planning the entire setup a breeze. I really could go on an on about how beautiful the building and room is, but I will spare you. Do yourself a favor and meet with Chandler to check out the Century Room. You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Nealy · Married on 08/01/2015

We loved working with Chandler and everyone at Century Room! Very responsive and helpful at all times. My husband and I loved how the space felt and looked. Easy to decorate and lighting is great! We got so many compliments from our guests on food and overall look of the venue. Some said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Highly recommend the Century Room. We also really loved having the ceremony and reception in the same place. Great venue for a band!!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Anna · Married on 07/11/2015

We have always loved the food, atmosphere, and friendly staff at Pack’s Tavern, so having our wedding reception there was a natural choice. Absolutely everything about or reception, from the initial planning session to the final cleanup, exceeded our expectations! It was far and away the best customer service experience of my life. Chandler, the event coordinator, was an absolute joy to work with. Her kind, reassuring spirit was much appreciated during what could have been very stressful planning! The event space is absolutely breathtaking. Make sure you get the full dining room lights, which was a much-appreciated suggestion from Chandler. The wait staff was impeccable and joined in our celebration too. The food, oh Lord, the food! There is no shortage of event spaces in Asheville, but The Century Room at Pack’s Tavern is unparalleled in every aspect.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Chandler was wonderful to work with, she was very thorough and informative. She was quick to respond to questions that we had throughout the process. The event went wonderfully and we were thrilled with the quality of the food and service!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Melissah · Married on 04/24/2015

From our first visit with Mary, to the night of Bryan and Raven's Welcome Dinner with Chandler's help, we experienced "the perfect evening"!! Food was excellent, the room was delightful, and Chandler was available to me every step of the way. Anything I needed, anything I wanted, and even all the things I didn't know I needed were there for me. I can't say enough about our great experience at Pack's Tavern Century Room.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Staff was very pleasant and accomodating....food was delicious and the Century Room was spacious and fun to decorate!

Sent on 04/26/2015

Courtney · event on: 01/23/2015

Mary and Chandler at Century Room are fabulous! They were so helpful from start to finish! The Century Room was the perfect location for our rehearsal dinner and dinner was amazing! The bar tenders and wait staff took care of our every need! I look forward to working with them in the future

Sent on 02/02/2015

Kia · Married on 01/17/2015

Hosting our wedding reception at The Century Room at Packs Tavern was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made! Chandler and her team did everything to ensure that we were ready for our special day by keeping us informed on all of the logistics prior to assisting us in the setup. Our guests had an amazing time and so did we! I would recommend The Century Room to any couple.

Sent on 01/29/2015