The Century Room Reviews

The Century Room 3
The Century Room 4

Beverly · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful Venue!

The atmosphere of this venue was perfect for us! The exposed brick and lighting of the Century room was so beautiful that you don't need to go crazy with decorations. Also the food was AMAZING!! I don't know how many compliments we got about the food, but everyone (even the vegetarians liked it). The location right downtown is perfect so you can wander to other bars after the wedding and it's close to hotels. Lizzy was very responsive and helpful throughout the planning. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone getting married!

Amy · Married on 09/02/2018

We are so grateful to have chosen the Century Room for our wedding reception! The event space is gorgeous, the service was fantastic, and the value was excellent compared to the many other venues I checked out in the Asheville area. Julie and Lizzy were so professional and prompt in answering our (numerous!!!) questions and helping us plan so many details of our reception. Having them on my team made me feel so at ease, even though I was planning my destination wedding from Florida. Lizzy and Tabitha did a fantastic job in executing the event, and our reception turned out to be more beautiful than I had imagined! The food was fantastic and they happily accommodated our vegan guest's food preferences. Our guests were so impressed with you all (and so were we!), and we cannot thank you enough for helping make our wedding day magical.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2018

Our wedding at the Century Room was everything we dreamed it would be! Everyone we worked with there was so kind, friendly, professional, and responsive. We had our ceremony and reception there, and the space was so beautiful. Our reception dinner was EXCELLENT! All our guests were raving about the food. My grandmother has some pretty serious food allergies, and they went above and beyond to accommodate her to make sure she had a delicious dinner as well. I can't even begin to describe how much that meant to me and my family! You can't beat the awesome location either - it made for some amazing pictures and memories that we will always treasure!

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2018

We were absolutely blown away by The Century Room! When we started the long process of planning our wedding out of state, to say we were overwhelmed was an understatement. We were so lucky to be recommended to The Century Room. As soon as I walked in the room captured the exact feeling I was going for. Not only was the location perfect, the room was enchanting and beautiful. The price was by far the most reasonable and the staff alone made this experience easy, fun, and truly magical. Our Wedding day went off without a hitch! The food was delicious! We are still getting compliments on how awesome the macaroni and cheese bar was! It was more beautiful then we even imagined. Thank you Julie and Lizzy with all of our hearts and to all the staff that helped make our experience seriously perfect! We would recommend this venue over and over again! I wish everyone who gets married got to have the same phenomenal experience that we had with The Century Room.

The Century Room 5
    The Century Room 6
    The Century Room 7
    The Century Room 8

Mary · Married on 11/03/2017

Had rehearsal dinner at the Century Room. Lizzie is now my adopted daughter! She went well beyond her duty. The staff was wonderful, food and servers were fabulous! I don’t want my son to get married again, but I would have a party there again in a minute! Thanks Lizzie!!!!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough good things about The Century Room! Lizzy and Julie were so responsive every time I emailed them with a question or change (even the morning of the wedding) and were so on top of everything. All the information we went over in meetings was very straightforward and easy to understand. It was also really great to have a venue that already handles the tables, chairs, dinnerware, servers, bartenders, etc. rather than having to piecemeal all of that or worry about having it all delivered from another company. When my coordinator showed up, all of the tables and place setting were finished so she just needed to place flowers and decor- super simple!

We were also incredibly excited about the menu we chose (family style) and our guests raved about the food! We did a tasting to make sure we liked everything we were considering and we ended up only changing out one of the hoer d'oeuvres we tried. Everything else was top notch and the hoer d'oeuvres we did go with were really tasty. For dessert we had brownies that were included with our menu choice instead of any type of cake or cupcakes and it was such a good decision. Easier to have them handle it in house and so delicious.

10/10 would definitely host another event here!

Brenda · Married on 08/18/2017

We chose The Century Room to host our son's rehearsal dinner, and could not have been any happier. The staff was always very quick to respond to all of my questions....and I had many! They were professional, polite and so accommodating, making me fell completely confident that they were on top of everything! The night of the event, they were so helpful, and very attentive to my needs or wishes. The food was amazing, all of our guests enjoyed it. The service was quick and the room was beautiful! I highly recommend The Century Room for your next event! Thank you Lizzy, Chandler, and Julie!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Chandler and her team at the Century Room! They were such a breeze to work with and truly went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our special day. We planned a destination wedding from South Florida and it was never an issue with the Century Room. The event space was beautiful and the food was great. Everyone is still talking about how much they loved the venue. Their staff work with you in every aspect of your event and are very responsive to emails, phone calls, and anything you need for you big day. We had multiple changes arise the week of the wedding and the staff could not have been more accommodating. We are so grateful to have had our wedding reception at The Century Room!

Sent on 07/01/2017

The Century Room's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Stephanie! It was such a pleasure to work with you and have your friends and family with us for your celebration! Please come visit whenever you find yourself in Asheville!

Terry · Married on 06/03/2017

Our 6/2/17 Rehearsal Dinner/Welcoming Party in the Century Room for Brent and Amanda could not have been more perfect! Chandler was great to work with on this special event. She gave great advice and took care of every need and request we had to make our evening come together. She and her staff could not have been more professional and endearing. We truly had a magical evening! Thank You!

Bonnie · Married on 05/30/2017

Book It! We had our wedding rehearsal dinner for 54 people here and it was fabulous. Chandler Guess and her staff were outstanding - more than helpful regarding table settings, food and beverage suggestions, set-up etc. Everything was first class.

Kitty · Married on 05/27/2017

I cannot say enough "good things" about the entire experience at The Century Room! From the initial booking through the final ceremony and reception Chandler and Lizzie were true professionals and responded to our every need and wish as well. The venue was absolutely beautiful, the dinner for 130 was superb, the staff so flexible and accommodating and everything went like clockwork - even down to the sparkler exit. We were very worried at the last minute when we realized that the Asheville Beer Fest would be going on right outside the restaurant door but there was still ample parking nearby and all was well. Best value for the money of any venue we looked at and we looked at many. Also, we had the ceremony there and it provided an intimate experience for the bride and groom and the guests and the staff quickly transformed that area of the room into dining and dancing. Kudos to all the staff and especially Chandler and her asst. Lizzie.

Jeff · Married on 04/28/2017

Chandler and Lizzy made the best team. Everything about their business acumen is first class. Promptness, professionalism, courtesy, accuracy, Edwin the chef is spectacular, so they deserve the utmost attention when considering a dinner for any occasion.

Richard · Married on 03/25/2017

Couples who are thinking about using Pack's Tavern's Century Room for their rehearsal dinner do not have anything to worry about as far as ease of booking, quality of food, execution of event, timeliness of staff and preparation and plans. Chandler is super organized. Everything you need to know upfront is in writing. All you need to bring to the equation is number of guest and the personal touches that you need to make it your own. These professionals know how to create a memory. I am so glad we went with them. It was more than we could have imagined.

Kristina · Married on 01/06/2017

My husband and I actually had booked another venue previous to finding this place! When we moved our wedding to the winter we fell in love with this venue!!! Lizzie was extremely helpful and she was always there anytime we had a question!! I also wanted a hot chocolate bar at the wedding and they made it happen!! We are so thankful that we ended up at this venue and we couldn't picture our wedding day anywhere else!

Kelly · Married on 12/17/2016

We could not have been happier with our experience at the Century Room. Our brunch reception was exactly what we wanted and more! The food was incredible! Our guests commented over and over again at how amazing the food was.

Beth · Married on 10/01/2016

We hosted the Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party for our son and daughter-in-law at the Century Room, and are grateful for a wonderful experience. The Century Room is gorgeous, offers loads of options, but doesn't require much because it shines on its own. Chandler was a delight to work with - warm, welcoming and extremely professional. She was helpful throughout the planning phase, always responsive and ready with good suggestions, but never imposing. She kept all parties informed and managed every detail. Lizzie assisted on the day of the event, and was invaluable with her careful coordination. The food was superb, perfectly prepared and beautifully served. We had guests who were still commenting on the food at the end of the wedding weekend. Thanks to Chandler, Lizzie, Chef and staff we had a beautiful, seamless and memorable event to kick off the wedding celebration. STELLAR on all levels.

• Tabitha

Tabitha · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our reception here and it was amazing! The staff was super friendly and professional. Working with Chandler was a dream! She answered all our questions and worked with us on some complicated aspects to our reception with no problems at all. She met with us on several occasions and helped us stay on budget. The food was some of the best food I've ever had at a wedding reception. All of our guests raved about the Mac' N 'Cheese...amongst the rest of it of course! You don't need much for decorations as the space itself is unique and beautiful. We had more than enough space to move around with about 120 guests, including vendors. The location is terrific, in the heart of downtown Asheville, and very easy to get to. As far as the price, it was one of the more affordable options in Asheville, but you would never guess that given the high quality of everything. It was a amazing experience from beginning to end and I would recommend The Century Room to anyone to celebrate your big day! Oh and Pack's Tavern, which is downstairs, is an awesome place to grab food and drinks too!

Ken · Married on 08/27/2016

The Century Room at Pack's Tavern is a MUST, as in our case, for a wedding rehearsal dinner! From the start, Chandler was very informative, responsive, timely, and very detailed. The entire planning process was seamless, and most of all, calming. The room was beautiful, quality of food superb, the staff outstanding, making the entire event very memorable! The Century Room exceeded our expectations in every way possible. I would highly recommend them, without reservation, thus my 5-Star rating which is well deserved! We did our homework, visited other venues, and are very pleased we chose The Century Room.

Great space, great location! We are so excited to have our reception at The Century Room! Just a heads up, we booked 1.5 early, and there were others that had book out even further than we did!

Chandler has been great and answering our endless questions- she's great! I would 100% recommend this location to anyone.

One thing to keep in mind is space- 175 would be tight. A guest list that would max out at 150 would be more comfortable given the size of the room.

Sent on 12/02/2015

The Century Room's reply:

We're excited to have you with us and look forward to the planning process!

Ashlee · Married on 06/04/2016

We had an amazing experience working with Chandler and The Century Room! People are still talking about the amazing food! We did family style serving and it worked out really well. The venue was perfect for 130 guests and the twinkle lights added so much to the ambiance. At the end of the night, no one wanted to leave :) We wish we could do our perfect day all over again!

Sent on 07/25/2016

The Century Room's reply:

Ashlee, Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved having you with us and appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your special day!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/07/2016

We toured a ton of venues from DC to Charleston and landed at the Century Room in Asheville. From the moment we met Chandler, we knew we wanted to go with this venue. She was so helpful in answering all of our questions and really taking the time to talk through everything with us even before we had committed to the venue. Her and her staff are genuine and trustworthy, and the venue prices are extremely reasonable for the value you receive. The food was amazing, the service was top notch, the event ran seamlessly, and the event space is beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a better evening and would definitely recommend the Century Room to any couples searching for the perfect urban venue!

Sent on 06/14/2016

The Century Room's reply:

Thanks, Whitney! It was fabulous working with you and a JOY to be a part of your beautiful ceremony and reception!

Courtenay · Married on 04/30/2016

The Century Room at Pack's is AMAZING, and I cannot even begin to say enough nice things about Chandler. She seriously handled our entire rehearsal dinner...when I walked in on the night of the dinner, I had a moment of panic thinking how little I did to prepare the room and that maybe we'd go up there to emptiness...but Chandler had everything set and perfect! The room looked beautiful and we received compliments the entire night about what a special place it was. Our rehearsal dinner was totally flawless thanks to Chandler and the chefs who made the food (which was DELICIOUS, especially the strawberry cobbler) and the extremely nice bartenders! The staff was so friendly, and the room has an amazing vibe. Definitely have your event at the Century Room if you're able!

Sent on 05/19/2016

The Century Room's reply:

Courtenay, We loved having your group with us for your Rehearsal Dinner! It's always wonderful when I have the opportunity to pass along words of appreciation to our kitchen and serving staff and thank you for your kind words! They were thrilled to hear that they had a part in making your experience with us in the Century Room a success! Congrats again!!

Mark & Jamie · Married on 04/30/2016

The Century Room was the perfect backdrop for our late-April wedding reception. In addition to the beautiful space, the food is out of this world and took the hassle out of needing to hire a caterer. Nearly a month after our wedding, people are still talking about how delicious the food was! I can't say enough good things about Chandler and her staff. Chandler is a true professional and simply a delight to work with. She answered every question we had promptly and went above and beyond to make sure my husband's Russian culture was honored. She's also a wiz at budgets and made sure we stayed within ours. Many thanks to Chandler and her team for making our reception just perfect :)

Sent on 05/24/2016

The Century Room's reply:

Mark and Jamie, A belated thank you for your review of our services! We are SO glad you enjoyed yourselves and appreciate your feedback! Congratulations again from all of us here at The Century Room!

Matt · Married on 02/13/2016

Simply put, The Century Room was the best thing about our wedding weekend. The venue is a beautiful mixture of large windows, wooden beams and exposed brick - right in the heart of Asheville. It's also an easy walk to many hotels, which was perfect for our winter wedding. From the moment we contacted their staff about booking our reception, Chandler was there to guide us along the way. She answered all of our questions in a super-timely fashion, solved any problems we had along the way, provided a full list of vetted vendors, and was there to help during the actual event. I'm proud to say I have a 75 count email chain with her throughout this entire process... that's how "always-on" and attentive she is. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a reception in downtown Asheville.