69 Reviews for The Century Room

Stations (2)
House Liquor (2)
Specialty Wine (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Bridal Suite (1)
In-House Bar (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
66 The Century Room Reviews

Our wedding at the Century Room was everything we dreamed it would be! Everyone we worked with there was so kind, friendly, professional, and responsive. We had our ceremony and reception there, and the space was so beautiful. Our reception dinner was EXCELLENT! All our guests were raving about the food. My grandmother has some pretty serious food allergies, and they went above and beyond to accommodate her to make sure she had a delicious dinner as well. I can't even begin to describe how much that meant to me and my family! You can't beat the awesome location either - it made for some amazing pictures and memories that we will always treasure!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/1/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were absolutely blown away by The Century Room! When we started the long process of planning our wedding out of state, to say we were overwhelmed was an understatement. We were so lucky to be recommended to The Century Room. As soon as I walked in the room captured the exact feeling I was going for. Not only was the location perfect, the room was enchanting and beautiful. The price was by far the most reasonable and the staff alone made this experience easy, fun, and truly magical. Our Wedding day went off without a hitch! The food was delicious! We are still getting compliments on how awesome the macaroni and cheese bar was! It was more beautiful then we even imagined. Thank you Julie and Lizzy with all of our hearts and to all the staff that helped make our experience seriously perfect! We would recommend this venue over and over again! I wish everyone who gets married got to have the same phenomenal experience that we had with The Century Room.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/25/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wheelchair Access

Had rehearsal dinner at the Century Room. Lizzie is now my adopted daughter! She went well beyond her duty. The staff was wonderful, food and servers were fabulous! I don’t want my son to get married again, but I would have a party there again in a minute! Thanks Lizzie!!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough good things about The Century Room! Lizzy and Julie were so responsive every time I emailed them with a question or change (even the morning of the wedding) and were so on top of everything. All the information we went over in meetings was very straightforward and easy to understand. It was also really great to have a venue that already handles the tables, chairs, dinnerware, servers, bartenders, etc. rather than having to piecemeal all of that or worry about having it all delivered from another company. When my coordinator showed up, all of the tables and place setting were finished so she just needed to place flowers and decor- super simple!

We were also incredibly excited about the menu we chose (family style) and our guests raved about the food! We did a tasting to make sure we liked everything we were considering and we ended up only changing out one of the hoer d'oeuvres we tried. Everything else was top notch and the hoer d'oeuvres we did go with were really tasty. For dessert we had brownies that were included with our menu choice instead of any type of cake or cupcakes and it was such a good decision. Easier to have them handle it in house and so delicious.

10/10 would definitely host another event here!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Indoor

We chose The Century Room to host our son's rehearsal dinner, and could not have been any happier. The staff was always very quick to respond to all of my questions....and I had many! They were professional, polite and so accommodating, making me fell completely confident that they were on top of everything! The night of the event, they were so helpful, and very attentive to my needs or wishes. The food was amazing, all of our guests enjoyed it. The service was quick and the room was beautiful! I highly recommend The Century Room for your next event! Thank you Lizzy, Chandler, and Julie!

Profile Picture Brenda, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough great things about Chandler and her team at the Century Room! They were such a breeze to work with and truly went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our special day. We planned a destination wedding from South Florida and it was never an issue with the Century Room. The event space was beautiful and the food was great. Everyone is still talking about how much they loved the venue. Their staff work with you in every aspect of your event and are very responsive to emails, phone calls, and anything you need for you big day. We had multiple changes arise the week of the wedding and the staff could not have been more accommodating. We are so grateful to have had our wedding reception at The Century Room!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Our 6/2/17 Rehearsal Dinner/Welcoming Party in the Century Room for Brent and Amanda could not have been more perfect! Chandler was great to work with on this special event. She gave great advice and took care of every need and request we had to make our evening come together. She and her staff could not have been more professional and endearing. We truly had a magical evening! Thank You!

Profile Picture Terry, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Book It! We had our wedding rehearsal dinner for 54 people here and it was fabulous. Chandler Guess and her staff were outstanding - more than helpful regarding table settings, food and beverage suggestions, set-up etc. Everything was first class.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 5/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough "good things" about the entire experience at The Century Room! From the initial booking through the final ceremony and reception Chandler and Lizzie were true professionals and responded to our every need and wish as well. The venue was absolutely beautiful, the dinner for 130 was superb, the staff so flexible and accommodating and everything went like clockwork - even down to the sparkler exit. We were very worried at the last minute when we realized that the Asheville Beer Fest would be going on right outside the restaurant door but there was still ample parking nearby and all was well. Best value for the money of any venue we looked at and we looked at many. Also, we had the ceremony there and it provided an intimate experience for the bride and groom and the guests and the staff quickly transformed that area of the room into dining and dancing. Kudos to all the staff and especially Chandler and her asst. Lizzie.

Profile Picture Kitty, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Chandler and Lizzy made the best team. Everything about their business acumen is first class. Promptness, professionalism, courtesy, accuracy, Edwin the chef is spectacular, so they deserve the utmost attention when considering a dinner for any occasion.

Profile Picture Jeff, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Couples who are thinking about using Pack's Tavern's Century Room for their rehearsal dinner do not have anything to worry about as far as ease of booking, quality of food, execution of event, timeliness of staff and preparation and plans. Chandler is super organized. Everything you need to know upfront is in writing. All you need to bring to the equation is number of guest and the personal touches that you need to make it your own. These professionals know how to create a memory. I am so glad we went with them. It was more than we could have imagined.

Profile Picture Richard, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I actually had booked another venue previous to finding this place! When we moved our wedding to the winter we fell in love with this venue!!! Lizzie was extremely helpful and she was always there anytime we had a question!! I also wanted a hot chocolate bar at the wedding and they made it happen!! We are so thankful that we ended up at this venue and we couldn't picture our wedding day anywhere else!

Profile Picture Kristina , 1/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We could not have been happier with our experience at the Century Room. Our brunch reception was exactly what we wanted and more! The food was incredible! Our guests commented over and over again at how amazing the food was.

Profile Picture Kelly, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We hosted the Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party for our son and daughter-in-law at the Century Room, and are grateful for a wonderful experience. The Century Room is gorgeous, offers loads of options, but doesn't require much because it shines on its own. Chandler was a delight to work with - warm, welcoming and extremely professional. She was helpful throughout the planning phase, always responsive and ready with good suggestions, but never imposing. She kept all parties informed and managed every detail. Lizzie assisted on the day of the event, and was invaluable with her careful coordination. The food was superb, perfectly prepared and beautifully served. We had guests who were still commenting on the food at the end of the wedding weekend. Thanks to Chandler, Lizzie, Chef and staff we had a beautiful, seamless and memorable event to kick off the wedding celebration. STELLAR on all levels.

Profile Picture Beth, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our reception here and it was amazing! The staff was super friendly and professional. Working with Chandler was a dream! She answered all our questions and worked with us on some complicated aspects to our reception with no problems at all. She met with us on several occasions and helped us stay on budget. The food was some of the best food I've ever had at a wedding reception. All of our guests raved about the Mac' N 'Cheese...amongst the rest of it of course! You don't need much for decorations as the space itself is unique and beautiful. We had more than enough space to move around with about 120 guests, including vendors. The location is terrific, in the heart of downtown Asheville, and very easy to get to. As far as the price, it was one of the more affordable options in Asheville, but you would never guess that given the high quality of everything. It was a amazing experience from beginning to end and I would recommend The Century Room to anyone to celebrate your big day! Oh and Pack's Tavern, which is downstairs, is an awesome place to grab food and drinks too!

Profile Picture Tabitha, 9/10/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Century Room at Pack's Tavern is a MUST, as in our case, for a wedding rehearsal dinner! From the start, Chandler was very informative, responsive, timely, and very detailed. The entire planning process was seamless, and most of all, calming. The room was beautiful, quality of food superb, the staff outstanding, making the entire event very memorable! The Century Room exceeded our expectations in every way possible. I would highly recommend them, without reservation, thus my 5-Star rating which is well deserved! We did our homework, visited other venues, and are very pleased we chose The Century Room.

Profile Picture Ken, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great space, great location! We are so excited to have our reception at The Century Room! Just a heads up, we booked 1.5 early, and there were others that had book out even further than we did!

Chandler has been great and answering our endless questions- she's great! I would 100% recommend this location to anyone.

One thing to keep in mind is space- 175 would be tight. A guest list that would max out at 150 would be more comfortable given the size of the room.

Profile Picture User5553780, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Lighting/Sound, Wheelchair Access

We had an amazing experience working with Chandler and The Century Room! People are still talking about the amazing food! We did family style serving and it worked out really well. The venue was perfect for 130 guests and the twinkle lights added so much to the ambiance. At the end of the night, no one wanted to leave :) We wish we could do our perfect day all over again!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We toured a ton of venues from DC to Charleston and landed at the Century Room in Asheville. From the moment we met Chandler, we knew we wanted to go with this venue. She was so helpful in answering all of our questions and really taking the time to talk through everything with us even before we had committed to the venue. Her and her staff are genuine and trustworthy, and the venue prices are extremely reasonable for the value you receive. The food was amazing, the service was top notch, the event ran seamlessly, and the event space is beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a better evening and would definitely recommend the Century Room to any couples searching for the perfect urban venue!

Profile Picture Whitney, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware

The Century Room at Pack's is AMAZING, and I cannot even begin to say enough nice things about Chandler. She seriously handled our entire rehearsal dinner...when I walked in on the night of the dinner, I had a moment of panic thinking how little I did to prepare the room and that maybe we'd go up there to emptiness...but Chandler had everything set and perfect! The room looked beautiful and we received compliments the entire night about what a special place it was. Our rehearsal dinner was totally flawless thanks to Chandler and the chefs who made the food (which was DELICIOUS, especially the strawberry cobbler) and the extremely nice bartenders! The staff was so friendly, and the room has an amazing vibe. Definitely have your event at the Century Room if you're able!

Profile Picture Courtenay, 4/30/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Century Room was the perfect backdrop for our late-April wedding reception. In addition to the beautiful space, the food is out of this world and took the hassle out of needing to hire a caterer. Nearly a month after our wedding, people are still talking about how delicious the food was! I can't say enough good things about Chandler and her staff. Chandler is a true professional and simply a delight to work with. She answered every question we had promptly and went above and beyond to make sure my husband's Russian culture was honored. She's also a wiz at budgets and made sure we stayed within ours. Many thanks to Chandler and her team for making our reception just perfect :)

Profile Picture Mark & Jamie, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

Simply put, The Century Room was the best thing about our wedding weekend. The venue is a beautiful mixture of large windows, wooden beams and exposed brick - right in the heart of Asheville. It's also an easy walk to many hotels, which was perfect for our winter wedding. From the moment we contacted their staff about booking our reception, Chandler was there to guide us along the way. She answered all of our questions in a super-timely fashion, solved any problems we had along the way, provided a full list of vetted vendors, and was there to help during the actual event. I'm proud to say I have a 75 count email chain with her throughout this entire process... that's how "always-on" and attentive she is. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a reception in downtown Asheville.

Profile Picture Matt, 2/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables

We have a blast and just talked today about how we wouldn't have changed a thing. The ambiance was great, plenty of room for all our our guests and the overhead lighting was gorgeous!!! Everyone raved about the food, which isn't always the case at weddings. The chef was able to cater to my allergy without any issues.

Chandler, our Event Coordinator was on top of everything and so sweet.

Everything came together wonderfully. We truly appreciate how everything delivered exactly as promised. Top-notch events venue for small or large size groups. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Mallory, 1/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Century Room was a beautiful venue for both our ceremony and reception. Chandler was a great planner and responded to emails in a timely manner. The food was delicious and the event space has an overall fun and party feeling to it. I would highly recommend having an event here.

Profile Picture User4795549, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews