The Carriage House Reviews

222 | Absecon, NJ

222 Reviews for The Carriage House

Unreal!!! Our wedding was so ridiculously fabulous! I am looking for an excuse to have another event there at some point. The place is immaculate, gorgeous and so well-maintained. The food was phenomenal!!!! The staff is seriously unreal! Carly and Lorena were nothing short of fantastic. True professionals, always very responsive and such a pleasure to work with. The staff the night of was really excellent. I am very particular and detail-oriented. They listened to my concerns and the details of they way I wanted things and truly nailed it. We couldn't be more thankful. The whole experience was great! From the time we booked, to the tasting, right up to the wedding. THANK YOU Carriage House for being so FABULOUS!!! It was a dream come true!!

Sent on 10/31/2014

My husband and I had our wedding at the Carriage House this past August, and we planned it in less than 3 months! I confess, we absolutely could NOT have done it without Carly, Lorena, and the rest of the Carriage House team helping us along through every step of the way. I know it sounds almost unbelievable coming from the former bride, but they actually managed to make ours a stress-free and incredibly enjoyable wedding planning experience.

I'd also like to mention that my wedding was not at all conventional, and the Carriage House went all out to provide my husband and me everything we needed to turn our wedding vision into a reality. Everyone was so professional, friendly, and accommodating, and the food was so amazing! I can't even begin to count the number of guests who called us afterwards to compliment our choice of wedding venue. I don't have a single complaint...seriously, I could not have asked for anything better! Thank you to everyone over at the Carriage House for making our wedding an absolute dream!

Sent on 09/16/2014

The day was absolutely flawless thanks to the Carriage House staff. Our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Annette · Married on 08/02/2014

Our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding reception was held at the Carriage House on August 2, 2014. What a beautiful reception! Carly and her staff were most helpful in all aspects of the planning as well as the actual event catering......many of our family and friends raved about the food and service.....Thank you for providing Jamie and John Braidi with a magnificent beginning to their lives together.....I am most grateful.
    Sincerely,
    Annette M. Rudd (Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 09/11/2014
  • F

Frank · Married on 07/11/2014

This venue is unbelievable. My wife and I were just married on July 11th and I cannot say enough great things about this place and its staff. They are with you every step of the way from day one and make you feel so welcome and special. Kristin Steelman is AWESOME. She knows her job very well and can help you with any problem you may have and offer suggestions throughout the entire process to help you! If I remembered the entire staff's names I would individually name them all, but unfortunately I don't. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, the food is amazing and the staff is just great. If you are looking to have a wedding anywhere in the state of NJ or nearby, please take a visit to The Carriage House and you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Danielle · Married on 07/04/2014

My wedding was held at the Carriage House on July 4 & was absolutely fabulous! Everyone was fantastic! The perfect start was with my hair stylist and make up artist & professional Cassie Gardner. She did such a fabulous job & it was so much more than I asked for!

Thank you again!

Danielle Kern

Sent on 10/11/2014
  • F

Frank · Married on 06/28/2014

As the Father of the Bride, I was most impressed from beginning to end by not only the professional manner of the entire Carriage House staff, especially Kristin and Lorena, but was overwhelmed by the appearance of the venue as the Bride and Groom entered their reception. We were promised that this would be a memorable and beautiful day for my daughter and my new son-in-law and they kept their promise. Everything exceeded what we imnagined it could be from decor to the meals the the support from the staff during the day. Our guests were also impressed and have complimented us several times on our choice of reception locations. We will be talking about this event and this location for a long time. Thank you to all involved for making this such a special day. Anyone ever asks me where to go for their reception without hesitation I will tell them The Carriage House.

Sent on 07/07/2014
  • Patrice

Patrice · Married on 06/27/2014

The Carriage house made the greatest day of my life even better!!

My wife and I got married in June and if there is any couple reading this that is considering having their wedding at the carriage house I'm glad to tell you that your search is over.

Everything was perfect that day. But before that day throughout the planning process, the staff gave 5 star attentive customer service and they show that they care about what your needs are and will do their best to accommodate it.

I sent alot of emails during the planning process to our coordinator (Hi Carly!!) and if the email wasn't answered that day an email was waiting for me the next day.

The day of the wedding was perfect!! We, as the bride and groom, did not have to worry about anything because we gave the contact info of all of our vendors to the carriage house and a point person was assigned to deal with them. And we had multiple vendors!! It was a good feeling that we didn't have to micromanage.

The Bride and Groom suites were welcoming and very comfortable. My guys and her girls were very impressed with the space. And we had ample space to move around and relax.

The staff were kept lines of communication open with each other. I was impressed by the walkie talkie secret service ear pieces they all had on.

There was a point in time were the pictures we took after the ceremony went too long and was cutting into our reception time. One of the staff members had the idea to begin to serve the salads as soon as the guests came into the reception hall and we were back on track in no time. They also communicated with the DJ to let him know what was coming up and what to expect.

My wife asked the The Carriage House Staff that she did not want anyone peeking inside the reception hall until it was time to go in. So they had 2 workers stationed at the doors at all times so no one would take any sneak peeks.

This is an amazing venue. The Cake and Food was delicious too!!!!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/21/2014

The Carriage House is very detail oriented and will do whatever your heart desires for a fee. My wedding day was amazing and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2014

The Carriage House was absolutely amazing through the whole planning process and wedding weekend. They helped organize everything along the way making the wedding planning process a piece of cake for my mom and I. The day of the wedding they were extremely organized and met all our needs. If anyone asked me where they should get married, I would no doubt recommend this venue. They were perfect in every way.

Sent on 06/26/2014

We had our wedding reception at The Carriage House in Galloway, NJ this past June. Our experience with The Carriage house was perfect from beginning to end. Our ceremony was held on a beach on Long Beach Island, however The Carriage House provided us with a contingency plan for it to be held there in the event of inclement weather (though thankfully the weather was gorgeous). We dealt primarily with Carly and Lauren in our details meetings leading up to the wedding day and they were amazing in their ability to address every detail no matter how small and to anticipate any and all possible problems that could arise throughout the course of the evening. This led to the entire event going off without a hitch. [STATEMENT OF APPEARANCE?]. The staff was wonderful to our guests from the valets to the bartenders to the servers. We made some very difficult decisions at our food tasting before the event, as all of the options were equally delicious, and our guests received the same high quality of hors d'oeuvres and meals that evening.
    A small story of how dedicated the staff was. As the evening progressed we had a guest whose 2 year old son was getting sleepy, but wouldn’t be cooperative until cake arrived. I (the groom) asked one of the staff when the cake might be coming out, but told them it wasn’t a big deal and that there was no need to rush anything. No less than 3 minutes later a server was coming at me with one of each cake choice asking where they should direct it. It was a simple matter, but it showed just how the dedicated staff delivers an outstanding experience to its customers.
    We couldn’t imagine having had our wedding reception at any venue but The Carriage House and we highly recommend it to anyone considering locations for events in the Jersey Shore area.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2014

The Carriage House staff were professional and organized throughout the wedding process. Everyone was so plead at and easy to work with. They made my wedding perfect! Kristin Steelman was amazing from the first tour until the end of the wedding night. Kathy as well did a wonderful job as well.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Roman · Married on 05/18/2014

workers were very attentive to everyone. very professional and friendly at the same time. highly recommended

Sent on 06/12/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/03/2014

This wedding venue has been the talk of our wedding since our guests have visited!!!!! Many of our guests have commented that they wish they had their wedding here or that they would love to have their wedding here in the future! This place runs like a well oiled machine! My husband and I were treated like the most important people during the whole weekend, every decision was left up to us, and they offered their advice whenever we needed it. Carly and Jess worked with our vendors and handled every big and small detail of the big day. Kathy was our point person during our event and WOW is she amazing!!!!! So easy to talk to and so knowledgeable we actually felt a little sad leaving her that night because she was more like a friend to us. Jillian was our personal attendant for the night and this girl is awesome! So quiet but always there with a drink and food ready for you! She handled everything for us! We couldn't be more please with this venue and would recommend The Carriage House to anyone looking for an amazing wedding venire in the South Jersey area!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Rachael · Married on 04/05/2014

Our wedding was hands down amazing! We are still getting compliments about the food, the staff, and the venue. The Carriage House gets a A+ in our book

Sent on 04/30/2014

Kristina · Married on 04/01/2014

I wish i could convey how easy Lauren and Kristin made the entire wedding planning process! They were there every step of the way, always offering any assistance they could. I don't know what i would have done without them! the night of my event, i had absolutely no doubt that everything was running smoothly. my guests were all impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the amazing food. throughout the night the staff was always making sure we had exactly what we needed to make our night unforgettable! The Carriage House made sure my wedding reception was one that will not be forgotten, from the delicious food, amazing drinks, professional staff and unbeatable quality i know it was the best wedding venue for us!!

Sent on 04/03/2014

The Carriage House is not only a beautiful venue but the staff and customer service is top notch. From the moment we first looked at the Carriage House to our wedding day (and even after) our calls and emails are answered immediately. Everything was stress free and they did whatever they could to make our day perfect. We even used one of our cocktail hour stations for a late night cheese steak station and our guests can't stop talking about it! Everything was absolutely beautiful the day of the wedding and we could not have asked for more prompt and attentive staff assisting us and our guests. Its been over a month and not a day goes by that we don't get a compliment on the venue, the service, food, etc. You won't regret choosing the carriage house!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Brynn · Married on 03/14/2014

We had an amazing experience and overall fantastic time! The staff was very efficient and wonderful to work with. My day wouldn't have been so perfect without them.

Sent on 05/11/2014

Tiffany · Married on 03/08/2014

The Carriage House went above and beyond what I expected. They were constantly making sure everything was perfect. The only thing I didn't appreciate was when I was upstairs getting ready for my big day they were showing the venue to others. I paid to get their earlier so no one besides my wedding party and guests should have been there. My family who seen that didn't like that. Besides that everyone loved the venue.. Gorgeous place!

Denise · Married on 03/07/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue than the carriage house. They were amazing in every way. The food was delicious and the staff was great. Loren and Carly really helped make our day as amazing as we hoped it would be.

Sent on 03/13/2014

Sean · Married on 02/21/2014

The carriage house is an excelent choice for any event, the staff is excelent, and very knowledgeable.

Sarah · Married on 02/16/2014

The entire Carriage House staff were fantastic

Sent on 03/12/2014

Tracy · Married on 02/15/2014

From the first conversation with Carly, to the night of our wedding, everything was perfection. The Carriage house far exceeded my expectations. I originally thought I wasn't going to be able to afford a wedding there, but they work within your budget!!! And it doesn't compromise the quality or experience! I'm fairly confident it was also their responsiveness that really hooked me at the beginning and made they whole experience a positive one. They made you feel like you were their only bride and I'm sure they have dozens at a time. The venue is actually gorgeous and sells itself, but knowing you get to work with awesome professionals to plan your wedding seals the deal. They made my vision a reality! The reception hall was lit up by candles! They hand placed votives in between the balcony columns and lined the stairs with them! And the food was absolutely delicious, our guests are still raving about cocktail hour! Oh and it gets better... The night of my wedding my hair had been ruined from the snow and Lauren personally curled each strand of my hair with a curling iron during my cocktail hour!!! I can't tell you how much this meant to me. I was so devastated because my hair (no lie) was a complete mess. She sat me down in the bridal suite and fixed it. How freaking awesome?!?! Above and beyond, that's what you get from these professionals and this venue. They were so passionate about making me happy and wanted our wedding to be better than we hoped and they succeeded. I am so grateful to have had our wedding reception at the Carriage House. If you are reading this review and wondering "should I move forward with the Carriage house?" DO IT! I promise you will be so happy with your experience.... Please ask the venue for my contact info if you have more questions or want to see pictures. It's the least I can do to help other brides have as great of an experience as I did.... Thank you again Carriage House!! You guys are so freaking good!!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Andy · Married on 01/31/2014

Everything was perfect and at a very fair price. The Carriage House ws extremely flexible

Anna · Married on 11/23/2013

Kristen and the staff at The Carriage House were beyond phenomenal! They were always prompt to answer emails or get back on a phone call. We went through several meetings and got every detail down pact. It made one of the most stressful but most memorable days of my life, less stressful and allowed me to take in every moment. On behalf of Angelo and I, we want to whole heartedly thank you for giving us the experience of a lifetime.

Sent on 01/09/2014