The Carriage House Reviews

222 | Absecon, NJ

222 Reviews for The Carriage House

Taryn · Married on 08/29/2015

We loved our wedding at the Carriage House and would highly recommend it. We worked with Kristin throughout the process from start to finish and she was very responsive and understanding with issues that came about along the way. Additionally, Kathy was exceptional in terms of service the day of. She remembered every detail and always seemed to be right beside you when you needed something.

We have received numerous comments regarding how beautiful the venue itself was as well as guests saying it's the best wedding they've been to.

The exceptional service didn't stop at the end of the wedding, but continued through picking up our items the next day. Both myself and husband had unfortunately not eaten our entrees during the reception and the next day, Kathy as well as the chefs ensured we got our entrees to take home. Even though we had them a day later, we loved the food!

Sent on 12/09/2015

The carriage house was amazing. They were very attentive and you as the bride did not have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Christina · Married on 08/15/2015

Our wedding day was nothing short of magical. The staff at the Carriage house ensured that we had everything we needed to make our day perfect. I loved that we were able to see the Grande Ballroom set up with our parents before our guest were seated for dinner. Our guest are still talking about how delcious the food was and how much fun they had!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Leslie · Married on 07/17/2015

The carriage house was amazing, I worked with Carly and Megan who were wonderful and helped me every step of the way. My wedding day was exactly the way I pictured it and was truly the best day of my life. I don't think it would have been the success it was without the help of the wonderful staff at the carriage house. The food was amazing, the ballroom was beautiful and my guests raved about our venue.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Janice · Married on 07/12/2015

I wish I could give more than 5 stars, because 5 hardly seems like enough. The Carriage House is AMAZING! We had our wedding there yesterday and I cannot stop talking about how amazing it was. Every single detail, from start to finish, was handled with the utmost professionalism, care, promptness, and importance. Aside from being an absolutely GORGEOUS venue, the staff there made this the least stressful part of my wedding planning. From the day we booked the venue in August to the day of our wedding in July, Kristin, Megan, and the entire team treated us like friends and helped make our dream a reality. They also took special care to assure that our guests with special dietary needs were catered to and enjoyed their meals as much as everyone else! Our "day of" attendants Courtney and Julie were there every step of the day with anything and everything we needed. The bakery (Luscious and Sweet) made a delectable cake, Our guests were absolutely blown away, the food was delicious, and the entire day was a dream come true. I cannot think of one single little thing that was not perfect. Thank you to all of you, you made my heart so happy :)

Sent on 07/13/2015

Camilla · Married on 07/03/2015

Our event at The Carriage House was absolutely amazing! The staff was so helpful in the months leading up to the wedding to make sure we were all taken care of. Everyone had such a wonderful time, and the food was AMAZING! I highly recommend the buffalo shrimp. The team at The Carriage House will make your special day absolutely unforgettable!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Ever since I was a little girl I always dreamed of having that "fairytale" wedding, and The Carriage House made that dream come true. From day one I knew this place would be the perfect fit for my wedding! The staff was exceptional from start to finish. The place is absolutely amazing, it took my breath away when I walked in for the first time. I am so happy I chose The Carriage House for my wedding! I went to tour 13 different wedding venues, and nothing compared to what The Carriage House had to offer. Everyone in attendance thought it was the best wedding ever! The food was out of this world. Cocktail hour offered many different styles of food that was great for all guests. We decided to add the martini ice luge to our cocktail hour, and that was the BEST decision ever! The dinner courses were great! Everyone was so stuffed, they could barely eat dessert, but once they saw the amazing presentation of desserts in the foyer, they continued to eat. We had our ceremony on premises and unfortunately it rained, so we were unable to get married outside, however, the inside ceremony space was just as gorgeous as the outside space (which was another selling point for me). I wish I could give more than 5 stars, because The Carriage House deserves more!

Sent on 07/31/2015

The Carriage House was absolutely perfect for our wedding. The staff were fabulous and went above and beyond for us. Our day couldn't have been better, they exceeded our expectations in every way! Thank you!

Sent on 06/27/2015

The Carriage House was most the most beautiful venue, exactly what I had always imagined! The venue itself is gorgeous, and the staff are all incredibly professional, helpful, and attentive. They went over every detail several times, and by the time the day of our wedding came, there was no question about whether or not everything was taken care of, and I was not disappointed! Truly a wonderful night for my husband and I, and our guests complimented us on having our wedding in such a nice, classy location. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Sarah · Married on 04/18/2015

The Wedding of our dreams would not have been possible without the flawless staff, fine cuisine, and spectacular environment that The Carriage House provides! My husband and I discovered The Carriage House by accident as we were recommended to look at a venue with the same name in Delaware which we quickly eliminated after finding the website for the unrelated Galloway property instead and fell in love with the photos we saw as much as with each other. When we first visited in person, we were just as blown away by the grandeur of the architecture, but then we felt an immediate connection in wanting to work with Carly who welcomed us and took the time to chat with us at length. We were blessed that our hoped for Wedding date was available and so relieved that we were in great hands with Carly and Megan helping us make every detail perfect along the way of our planning. Marilyn worked with us to create an incredible cake and sweets while the head chef met with us during our private menu tasting day. Guests raved about the cocktail hour, service, table service, meals, and pretty much everything! My day-of-attendants might as well have been bridesmaids, too, as their warmth and kind assistance throughout the evening were much needed. I even got to perform with the band we hired on the stage for about 30 minutes which is a feature of the venue that makes The Carriage House especially unique. Everything about The Carriage House is absolute perfection. The only thing I wish is that we could go back annually for dinner to celebrate our gorgeous Wedding day memories every year! Thanks so much for everything, Staff at The Carriage House! - Sincerely, Sarah and Chris Mairs

Sent on 12/30/2015

Kelly · Married on 04/03/2015

Having our wedding at the Carriage House was beyond the right choice. This venue is breath taking. We couldn't have been happier with how well kept and spotless the Carriage House was. Beyond the beautiful place and eye catching high ceilings were a wonderful group of people ready to work hard and make our dream day come true. I've never met more organized, kind people who truly enjoy their job. This was much appreciated because when your marrying for the first time, you're going in blind unsure of how much it will all cost and how everything will come together. These hard working women give you everything you need to know upfront. They reassure you along the way of things so you don't have to remember and give you ideas of ways to decorate because they know what works and looks great but also still listen to your visions. The day of the wedding everything was gorgeous! All of our guests were talking about how wonderful everything was and the girls who worked there were on top of everything. Having our wedding at the Carriage House made our special day a beautiful, elegant day we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Paige · Married on 03/29/2015

My husband and I found the Carriage House through a Google search. After checking out their website, we decided to schedule a visit. When scheduling the visit, the Carriage House was very polite,professional and flexible. My husband and I went on a tour and the place is absolutely stunning. We knew that we wanted to have our wedding there.

Throughout the entire planning process, the Carriage House was extremely helpful. They were quick to respond to our emails and phone calls, since we lived out of state. They thought of all the little details that we had looked over. They were extremely organized which helped us out tremendously.

The day of our wedding, the staff greeted us as we arrived at the front doors and let us look around at the setup of the ceremony and reception space. Throughout the day, I never had to look around to find a staff member. One was always a few steps away. If something had been out of place or wrong, my husband and I had no clue because the staff was on top of it before we even knew about it. Our team captain was outstanding, she had thought of different ways to incorporate our ceremony decorations into our reception decorations without the tables looking "crowded" with decorations.

Overall, our experience with the Carriage House was amazing and I would highly recommend them.

Thank you everyone at the Carriage House for making our wedding day truly memorable!

Sent on 04/11/2015

I had a wonderful experience at the Carriage House. They are very organized and professional. I am a Type A person that likes to do everything myself, but the minute I went there I knew I could count on them. I want to thank them for making my wedding day just as I pictured it!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Erin · Married on 03/14/2015

The Carriage House staff went above an beyond to make our Wedding Day a truly magical experience. From the pre-wedding meetings to the day of the wedding their service was exceptional . They kept us organized every step of the way. They were also very helpful with ideas and tips to help make the wedding experience fantastic. Our guests still rave today, that our wedding was one of the best they attended! The Carriage House Staff had a lot to do with that!
    Excellent Venue!
    Erin & Mike Jackson

Sent on 07/16/2015

Abbigail · Married on 02/21/2015

The Carriage House was incredible. From the moment we toured the venue to the moment the wedding night ended, the quality customer service and the southern charm and beauty of the venue was top notch. We were treated like royalty by every person we came in contact with. They were so detail oriented, we didn't worry about a thing, and when we did have concerns, they were addressed immediately. Like any wedding, there were a few glitches that occurred the big day from vendors who were supposed to provide this or that, but the Carriage House staff didn't skip a beat in fixing any outside vendor mistakes and made everything perfect and exactly how we wanted it. I was so impressed by everything they provided from the cake to the valet services.
    If you are considering Carriage House as your wedding venue, you don't need to hesitate because you won't be disappointed. Thank you for making our day the most special day of our lives and we will cherish every moment forever!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Bridget · Married on 01/23/2015

We recently had our wedding at the Carriage House and it was an absolute blast. Everything on their end was perfect, and we could not have been happier. The food was great the entire evening, from cocktail hour to desserts. The staff was helpful all throughout the planning process and always set realistic and appropriate deadlines for decisions. On the night of the event, they were as accommodating as they had been throughout the entire process and made sure that we were having fun and not worrying about anything that didn't require our attention, bringing us drinks and food constantly to make sure that we didn't miss anything. Not only that, but everyone else that attended the wedding said that they thoroughly enjoyed it and spoke very highly of the Carriage House as well, saying that everyone that they dealt with was friendly and helpful. The venue itself is in pristine condition and very extravagant both inside and out, and they are accommodated any alterations (including seating for unintended guests!) and decorative additions that you would like to make without hesitation or complaint. It is on the more expensive side as far as venues go in the area, but it is well worth the money, and as the old adage goes, you get what you pay for AND THEN SOME in the case of the Carriage House.

Sent on 02/01/2015

Janine · Married on 11/29/2014

The Carriage House's Kristin Steelman and Lorena Somma, provided excellent service and support for my wedding ceremony and reception. They both worked very hard to make my day what I dreamed it could be. Very caring, supportive and proffecional individuals. We were very happy with the Carriage House over all. Thank You, Tom and Janine Clark

Sent on 12/05/2014

Christine · Married on 11/22/2014

The Carriage House made my wedding day a dream come true. First, the wedding coordinators (Kristen Steelman and Lorena Somma) were professional, responsive, knowledgeable, and all-around-phenomenal event planners. Any bride is blessed to have Kristin and Lorena on their wedding team during the planning process!

The food is absolutely scrumptious. Fresh, hot, and delicious.
    The wedding cake created by their pastry chef was exactly what we wanted and was so moist and tasty! We've been raving about the dessert table for days --- especially the chocolate mousse!

The venue is clean and new. It provides a great setting no matter what your colors, theme or style! We turned the place into a scene from a movie-premier -- red carpet, red draped fabric, red lighting and more! I made quite an entrance down the lobby staircase for my lobby ceremony (roomy for 115 people!)

My husband and I couldn't be more thrilled with The Carriage House, their staff and everything they provided us during the planning process and during the big day. Top notch! Five-star! Better than the best!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Nicole · Married on 11/08/2014

The Carriage House was everything my husband and I could have dreamed of and more! From our first meeting with Kristin until the big day we were beyond impressed with their professionalism. Kristin and Lorena were quick to respond to any questions that we had and were more than accomodating during the planning process. On the day of everything ran so smoothly thanks to the great staff at The Carriage House. If we had to do it all over again we would without a doubt choose The Carriage House again!

Sent on 11/21/2014

If you're looking for a "5 Star" all-inclusive venue for your wedding, you've come to the right place. Absolutely top tier service at every level of our event. We had so many guests who personally took us aside or sent us emails/texts about how it was either the best wedding they had ever been to, or how beautiful the location was, or how much they enjoyed the food. We had VERY high expectations, and Kristen and Lorena exceeded each and every one of them—something I didn’t think was possible.

My wife and I are still talking about of the level of oversight, care, and attention to detail we received—not only on Saturday—but in the weeks/months leading up to the event.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Monica · Married on 10/04/2014

We had a wonderful brunch wedding. All our guests still talk about how delicious the food was

Sent on 10/17/2014

I was VERY impressed with the service of The Carriage House. Carly and Lorena made the whole process so easy! They were also very accommodating and worked with us to make sure that our guests with special allergy needs were able to get a substantial meal. They were on top of every detail and made sure our wedding and reception would go the way we wanted. As for the day of, all our guests were so impressed by the venue, the service, and the food. Everything about The Carriage House was great!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Crystal · Married on 09/27/2014

My wedding was perfect! The staff and everyone involved made my day more than I ever expected!

Sent on 10/29/2014

My wedding was perfect from start to finish!!! :)

Sent on 10/24/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/13/2014

When we were first engaged we were set on getting married at the beach. We did some research and headed to Cape May, NJ to try to find our "perfect" venue. We booked with a venue, had everything ready to go BUT at the last minute decided it just was not for us. They were not very accommodating and really did not show much interest in having us stay. Considering we thought this was our venue we had already booked our photographer and DJ for that date. That week we booked 5 different places to check out knowing we were short on time because we needed to let our other vendors know so they could change the date (hopefully). We looked at 3 places an that Thursday we went with Kristin Steelman. First, we were blown away by the venue. Its STUNNING. It looks like an a Southern Mansion or the White House! When you first walk and see the opening the the stairs it just takes your breath away. So, we sat down and met with Kristin. Kristin is EXTREMELY professional from the way she talks to you to her overall appearance. Just what you want to see when you are putting this important day in someone else's hands. One factor that helped with our decision is that they have a separate room for inside weddings I did not want to have the reception area flipped from ceremony to reception. So, wouldn't you know it on our wedding day it rained! After our meeting with Kristin we just knew in our heart The Carriage House was the place we wanted to share this special moment. Fast forward to our wedding...lets just say it was flawless, magical, amazing, perfect, I could go on. The staff made every part of me feel like a princess. We had a buffet so everyone could try what they liked. They LOVED the food for dinner and especially cocktail hours as well as the INCREDIBLE MASSIVE amount of deserts that came with our package! I honestly can not thank them enough for making our special day a day I wish I could relive over and over again. You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/17/2014