The Carlyle Club Reviews

101 | Alexandria, VA

101 Reviews for The Carlyle Club

101 The Carlyle Club Reviews

Rogeana · Married on 06/29/2018

We had our a 10th Anniversary Vow Renewal at the Carlyle Club. They were awesome! The price, food and service was well worth it. They did everything from catering, decorating, setup and breakdown. They even has some extra stuff for us. We just had to show up. I highly recommend them! Sharon was the best!!!!!

The Carlyle Club 1
    The Carlyle Club 2
    The Carlyle Club 3
    The Carlyle Club 4

Deedria · Married on 06/29/2018

Beautiful venue & great customer service. My sisters wedding was abdolutely gorgeous thanks to you Sharon.

Tiffany · Married on 05/27/2018

Our wedding was on May 27, 2018. We picked The Carlyle Club to host our wedding reception and planned to have the ceremony at a local park. Throughout the planning process, the Carlyle team was responsive and calmed my nerves as they handled communication with reserving the local park for the ceremony. During the week before the wedding the weather was not too favorable, Sharon and Brennan constantly encouraged us that it would be a great ceremony and reception. They had everything we needed form linens to table number holders. The food was beyond amazing. I maintain a mostly vegan diet and they made sure to tailor my meal to fit my dietary needs. We had to have our ceremony inside the Carlyle Club as it started to rain, the staff was very accommodating and very attentive to our requests. I would recommend this place to anyone and if you are looking for venues, please check out the Carlyle Club. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/29/2018

The Carlyle Club's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. You and Sammie were an absolute pleasure to work with, and we wish you all the best in your married life! You are now part of our Carlyle Club family, so please don't be strangers. Let us know when you have time to come back for dinner and a show. Thanks again - Sharon and Brennan

Nakena · Married on 03/17/2018

As a event planner I initially struggled with finding a venue that I trusted to bring my wedding day vision to life. When I met Sharon I knew I had found the perfect venue. Sharon has a wealth of experience and she made the planning process extremely easy. The day of my wedding I was a bit stressed and nervous; Sharon calmed me down and ensured me everything would be perfect.....she was right! My family and friends loved the food and atmosphere. More importantly they raved about how attentive the staff was. If you are looking for the perfect venue please consider the Carlyle Club....I promise you won’t regret it.

The Carlyle Club 5
    The Carlyle Club 6
    The Carlyle Club 7
    The Carlyle Club 8
    The Carlyle Club 9

Leona · Married on 02/24/2018

I attended a bridal show at the Carlyle Club and immediately fell in love with the venue. Sharon and Brennan were absolutely awesome to work with. They made our wedding the most memorable day we could have ever asked for. They exceeded every expectation that we had. We had so many compliments after the wedding about the venue, the decorations, the food, the drinks and the service. I would highly recommend the Carlyle Club!

Shoshanna · Married on 02/17/2018

We held our daughter's Bat Mitzvah at the Carlyle Club a few weeks ago and I can't express how happy we were with the venue! Sharon and Brennan were exceptionally accommodating and flexible and helped us create a memorable event for our family and guests. This was the first time we had planned something like this and Sharon held out hands the entire time. They respected our budget and always suggested less expensive options that we could incorporate. The day of the event, we had dropped off our items in the morning and arrived that evening to a beautifully decorated room with everything assembled by Sharon and her team. Throughout the evening, Sharon was hands on making sure everything was running smoothly and out guests had everything they needed. The food was delicious and the venue was perfect for both the adults and the 60 kids we had attending. We can't recommend them enough! The Tanners

Lea · Married on 10/06/2017

Where do I even begin??? First of all, we fell in love with this venue from the start. It was exactly what we were looking for for our vintage themed wedding. Sharon and Brennan own the venue. Sharon coordinates while Brennan handles operations. They were both so welcoming and accommodating from our very first meeting. It was the second venue we looked at in the area and we just fell in love. They were very flexible with our ask for a daytime/brunch wedding Friday which we knew was not very common. Brennan was prompt with all the contract information and flexible with any changes we requested. Second of all, YOU GUYS THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. We did a tasting about a year before our wedding date to pick the menu for the day. We tried literally everything they had and they even boxed up all the leftovers for us to take home. It was so hard to pick just two dishes for lunch because everything was so delicious. The day of, all everyone could talk about was how great their food was. Could not have been happier with that! Third of all, Sharon is a creative genius. I was so nervous about how everything was going to come together as far as decor on the day of. I had spent months collecting decorations for the entire wedding and had no clue how any of it was going to turn out. I handed it all off to Sharon the night before the wedding and the day of WE WERE BLOWN AWAY. The room was stunningly elegant and also simple, exactly what we had hoped for. Sharon was also gracious enough to let us use anything the Carlyle had in our decor as well. She was very reverent with my great grandparents' wedding photos and crystal and she even used some decorations from her own wedding! Seriously amazing! If you are looking for a venue in the Alexandria area, do not hesitate to contact them!

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

The Carlyle Club is the most beautiful and convenient venue, I highly recommend it! But what really made the day special was Sharon, she spent so much time making our day special. Everything was better than I planned or could have ever dreamt. I had so many compliments about the reception, best wedding ever from friends all the way up to my grandparents. Sharon thought through all the details to the point when I walked in I had to hold back tears. I want to relive that night again and plan on going back often!

Dave · Married on 09/03/2017

The Carlyle Club is an incredible wedding venue. We have absolutely no regrets about selecting this venue for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Every aspect of my wedding there went off without a hitch, and I can’t thank Sharon and Brennan enough.

A major perk of going with Carlyle is that they are all-in one: day-of coordination, bar, table service, food, and venue. You can do your entire wedding sequence there (as we did) or part of it. The administrative components were easily addressed through phone, text, and in-person meetings. Sharon had many helpful suggestions for us, without being overbearing at all. The bar staff and table servers were incredibly polite and efficient.

Because Carlyle is a full-service kitchen, everything is cooked fresh. We went with the Delmonico steak, salmon, and butternut squash ravioli as our meal options. The portions are perfect, and many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food. They are also a full-service bar and will make your signature cocktails – no matter what the ingredients, they’ll make it happen! They even allowed us to customize some of the beer selection.

Sharon also serves as a day-of coordinator. She’s been doing this for a while and has seen pretty much everything that can go wrong, so she has her stuff together for sure. She has a very creative eye. The club is decorated in an Art Deco style, and has the ambiance of a cool jazz/dinner theater (note: they also do concerts).

They were priced very fairly for an all-in-one venue. We also appreciated transparency in their pricing structure and willing to be flexible with us to make it work for our budget.

Joey · Married on 06/24/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Carlyle Club in June 2017 and it was beautiful! The Carlyle Club was our perfect venue.

The staff are ready and willing to help you create your vision for your wedding reception. Sharon worked with us on setting up table arrangements, lighting, and colors for the wedding. She suggested some great ideas that we were able to incorporate into our reception as well.

The food at the Carlyle Club is also excellent! So many people commented to us after the wedding about how great the selection was. Further, the staff were so friendly and helpful all through our event. The Carlyle Club made our dream for our wedding reception come true! We highly recommend the Carlyle Club for your wedding!

Kristen · Married on 06/10/2017

The best decision that we made in planning our wedding was choosing the Carlyle Club for our reception! Sharon and Brennan were more than accommodating and went above and beyond to make sure every last detail was perfect. They truly treated our wedding as if we were their family, and made sure that everything went off without a hitch. Sharon treated me as if I were her only client, and somehow knew how to pull together all of the random ideas in my head. During the planning process they were incredibly responsive and helpful, and the day of the wedding they were invaluable! As a very detail-oriented and picky bride, I can honestly say that they made the reception perfect and did it in a way that was completely stress free on our end. The food was beyond delicious, the wait staff was extremely polite and the space itself is beautiful. When during your wedding, you are excited to get to the reception to hug the wedding coordinator, you know you made the right choice! THANK YOU Sharon and Brennan, we are incredibly grateful for you!

Cheryl · Married on 05/28/2017

A phenomenal experience!!!!! The food was delicious, the drinks were top notch and the decor provided by Sharon was breathtaking! Words can not describe how happy I was on my wedding day thanks to the Car1yle Club!!!!

Amber · Married on 05/27/2017

I do not have enough time in the day to describe how amazing Sharon, Brennan and the rest of the staff at Carlyle Club are. They were not only the hosts of our dream wedding, but they offered us guidance throughout the whole process. From suggestions of vendors to wedding day timelines and even advice on what to pack in case of dress emergencies, Sharon truly treated us as though we were part of their family. In our very first encounter, Sharon and Brennan were warm, honest and inviting and every interaction after that was the same. The food at the Carlyle Club is DELICIOUS and well worth visiting at least for a meal. Sharon acted as day-of coordinator and helped our wedding go off without a hitch! She helped organize our wedding party, made sure my husband and I ate, made special exceptions to the menu for those who had dietary needs and helped to decorate our wedding BEAUTIFULLY. Our wedding used vinyl records in a lot of our decor, and at our our sweetheart table, I was so touched that Sharon included her father's records as our place settings. These small but sentimental things really brought a sense of calm and love to our event. They allowed us to truly tailor our wedding to our needs. Sharon, Brennan and the Carlyle Club are without question the best venue for those looking to have a fun, loving and stress-free wedding. Thank you so much Sharon and Brennan for making our special day so spectacular -- words cannot express the gratitude we feel.

julia · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding reception at the Carlyle club on May 20 2017 was incredible! Sharon and Brennan were great to work with ...from our initial meeting, to the tasting, to the logistics meetings, Sharon and Brennan were fantastic! Sharon made our reception absolutely beautiful - totally surpassing all my expectations.

Throughout our planning, Sharon had tons of ideas. She made sure everything was perfect - she decorated and set up the room, made sure different vendors were there, and just made sure the reception went smoothly overall.

The Carlyle Club is also a beautiful and unique venue, the food is delicious, and the staff is great! We would recommend the Carlyle club to anyone looking for the best wedding venue!! Thank you Sharon, Brennan, and the Carlyle Club for making our day perfect!!!

• W

Walter · Married on 04/29/2017

We got married at the Carlyle Club in April 2017. It is and awesome venue, with great owners. Brennan and Sharon have it down to a science! They helped us in almost all aspects of the planning stage, especially pointing us in the right direction in terms of other vendors. All in all, wish I could replicate the experience, but I know this was a once in a lifetime!

Kelly · Married on 04/22/2017

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Carlyle Club and it exceeded our expectations in every way. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and the layout is perfect for a wedding. Even though rain prevented guests from using the outdoor patio during the cocktail hour, between the circular bar area and the back room where we had our photobooth, there was plenty of room for all our guests to hang out while the main space was flipped for the reception. The owners, Sharon and Brennan, are so so helpful and nice and you can tell they really care about the events they host. And Sharon is a master decorator. I did not have the creativity (or desire) to design my own centerpieces, so at the logistics meeting Sharon walked us through some ideas and showed us what they already had at the venue. A couple days before the event, we provided her with some submersible lights, floating candles, and inexpensive flowers, and Sharon did the rest. It seriously looked magical and I was SO grateful that we had someone like Sharon to take care of the details. Last but definitely not least, the food at the Carlyle Club is outstanding. We got to do a tasting about six months beforehand and had such a hard time narrowing down our menu because it was all SO good! The bartenders were also fantastic...our signature cocktail was delicious!

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our choice of wedding venue...the owners, the staff, the food, and the space itself are all fantastic. Our guests absolutely loved it too! We highly recommend the Carlyle Club.

Kristina · Married on 04/01/2017

Sharon and Brennan are fantastic to work with. My finance and I are holding our wedding at the Carlyle Club, and the two of them as a team have been nothing short of fantastic! They are extremely personable and have made the experience very smooth. They offer suggestions whenever asked and always give great advice. Sharon is the busiest woman I've seen, yet always makes time for us and makes us feel as if we are her number one priority. We can't wait to have our wedding there in a month. There are many venues to choose from, but their personalities are what brought us in, and we are glad we did!

Paul · Married on 04/01/2017

Our wedding at the Carlyle Club was on 4/1/17. It was literally the best day ever! The venue is beautiful! We received so many compliments on it! Sharon used some of our own decorations and filled in where needed with a ton of hers. It looked amazing! When we first met Sharon and Brennan, we loved them instantly! We chose the Carlyle Club because of them. Their personalities are awesome! It was like we were working with great friends. They are fun to be around and fun to work with. They are always incredibly hospitable and inviting, and make everyone feel welcome. We met with them several times before our wedding to go over the timeline and order of events, select our food selections, and go over every small detail you can think of. They even have a list of recommended vendors. We went with every single one of their recommendations and had the most amazing and perfect combined group of vendors you could ever put together! Sharon did so much for us the day of the wedding. She acted as our day-of coordinator and did the best job at it. We had a 22 person bridal party and she handled us all with ease and made it seem effortless! Even though there were 11 women to help my bride throughout the day, Sharon was the best and did more than all of the bridesmaids combined! Everything went so smoothly! Without her and her team, our wedding would not have been what it was, which was perfect! We wouldn’t change a thing! Sharon seemed to know what we needed even before we needed it! We are singing her praises (and Brennan and their team’s too!) and the Carlyle Club comes with our full recommendation going forward! The Carlyle Club looks amazing, has the best owners and wonderful staff! The food was so good and all of our guests are still complimenting it, along with the venue. Sharon thought of things we never would have and made everything go together perfectly! We can’t wait to dine at the Carlyle Club and go see some of their shows/events in the future!

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

WOW! Everything about our experience... from the day I walked into the Carlyle Club just to check it out, to booking the venue, our tasting, the rehearsal, the wedding itself, and even the day after.... was amazing! Brennan and Sharon are the owners and are an absolute delight to work with. Brennan is more on the admin side of things, makes sure everything you want want for your even is squared away, perfect gentleman and pleasure to work with. Sharon handled our tasting session, the rehearsal dinner, and was also the day-of coordinator to make sure everything went exactly as we desired.
    The tasting: every piece of food they put in front of us was delicious!!! We had a hard time choosing and narrowing it down because it was so good. This alone was a fantastic experience and we left very excited about our food for the big day.
    The rehearsal: Sharon was so patient and full of great ideas to ensure everything would run smoothly and in a fluid motion. She ran through it all with us several times to ensure we all felt great about what we were doing before we departed. Sharon is full of FANTASTIC ideas! She knows what she is doing, trust her, and just let her do it! I promise it will turn out even better than you imagined on your big day!
    The ceremony and reception: WOW! Sharon handled the million little details that go into the ceremony and reception. Everything went more perfect than we could ever imagine!!! The ceremony started on time, she made everyone feel welcome and at ease. One of my bridesmaids and her husband, a groomsmen, 1yr old got really sick day-of so they had to bring her to the wedding and hold on to her for most of the night... Sharon, without question, took her from them so they could be in the ceremony and not have to worry about her... Sharon, loved on her and quietly entertained her until we were done... just a testament to how fantastic she is.
    The food, the drinks, the entire staff, made our entire day picture-perfect!

Daniel · Married on 10/15/2016

My spouse and I just celebrated our wedding at the Carlyle Club this month and it was an amazing experience. The venue is so elegant and the food is absolutely delicious. Sharon was both helpful and flexible in planning the flow of the event with us, and on the day of the celebration she coordinated the details fabulously. The waitstaff and bartenders are warm, friendly, and attentive, and the sound system is excellent. Thank you Carlyle Club for giving us wonderful memories to last a lifetime.

Cecilia · Married on 10/08/2016

Sharon made all my vintage inspired dreams come true to the point that the reality/finished look was better than my wedding fantasies. The club was such a beautiful space to begin with but she was able to help me fully realize the little touches I wanted to add. Their preferred vendor list is also a stellar cast which made planning my wedding from start to finish a total breeze. The food tastings were to die for. Guests are still talking about the ambiance and plated meals. I can't wait to celebrate my anniversaries there.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

Sharon and Brennan (owners) were absolutely amazing! Sharon did everything to make sure our day as perfect as possible! What really surprised me was when I got lipstick on my wedding dress, Sharon actually came to the rescue with a glass of alcohol, sat on the floor, and scrubbed the stain out for me!
    Ceremony: They were very flexible with timing. We actually had 2 ceremonies for our wedding (American style and Korean Style). Everything was set up beautifully. Sharon was also our day of coordinator.
    Décor: Sharon took what we provided her and made it a thousand times better! We did not have to worry about any of the set up or cleaning, Sharon and her staff took care of everything!
    Cocktail hour: Great selection of drinks, you even get to have a special cocktail for your night! There was constant hors d’oeuvres being sent around which was delicious! Sharon was afraid I was not eating so she made sure she brought me my own plate!
    Food: Super delicious! They have their own kitchen so everything was made there. They even packed food for my husband and I to take home. Our guests loved it. Sharon even put together an amazing dessert table for us!
    Sound and Light: Even though the venue has very nice preset lighting for events, we decided to hire Fred (A/V tech). He made our grand entrance amazing with the special lighting! He was very attentive to our MC and DJ. They all worked together like it was one person!
    Staff: The Carlyle Club’s staff were beyond amazing. They were very accommodating to our guests. We even had our own server! All of the servers and bartenders were amazing!
    End notes: If you want a headache free wedding, definitely have your wedding there. Sharon practically thinks three steps ahead of you and makes sure everything is perfect (it was like having another mother there with you). Our wedding was beyond what we expected. Gorgeous venue and very accommodating owners and staff. We love you Sharon!!!!!

Katie · Married on 08/06/2016

What an absolutely incredible experience at the carlyle club. Our wedding day was all we could have imagined and more due to all of the hard work from Sharon and her staff at the carlyle club. It was everything we could have imagined and more!

Suzanne · Married on 08/06/2016

Our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception was this past weekend August 6th, 2016 at The Carlyle Club. This Venue was absolutely perfect and the staff incredible. Sharon and Brennan made our daughter's dream come true!! We highly recommend The Carlyle Club if you are looking for the perfect Wedding location in the DC, MD, VA area. Sharon goes above and beyond to assist in organizing and coordinating your event! The food is totally unbelievable and our guests cannot stop raving about the entire evening. The staff was extremely professional and attentive throughout the entire night. As parents of the bride, we were truly able to relax and enjoy the evening.