The Cakewalk Shop Reviews

49 | Everett, WA

49 Reviews for The Cakewalk Shop

Gwynne · event on: 06/07/2014

The cakewalk shop is simply amazing. Fantastic service with true professionalism and friendliness . They are very attentive to my requests and were very prompt with my emails and questions. I ordered a custom made three tier cake for a woodland themed baby shower. Cakewalk was amazing in replicating the picture of the cake I wanted but also added a creative and artistic emblem. The cake was the talk of the party. The brown butter cake with salted Carmel filling and the red velvet cake with cream cheese filling was delicious. I had many inquiries about the bakery and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • User4642062 · 2+ years ago

We first heard about The Cakewalk Shop at a vendor open house held by Antheia Ballroom. We were able to sample the different cakes and frostings. We talked with the staff and came up with what we wanted the cake to look like as well as the different flavors available. We decided on a 6" round cake and 8 dozen cupcakes. We had 2 different flavored cupcakes and our 6" round wedding cake was a different flavor than the cupcakes. We really liked the fact we were able to have such a variety of flavors at no additional cost. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how moist and delicious the cupcakes were. We were so happy with our experience that we voted for them in the category of Best Wedding Cake in the Best of Western Washington contest. We highly recommended The Cakewalk Shop.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Deanna · Married on 08/18/2013

The cake was gorgeous! And tasted wonderful! Everyone loved it.

Sent on 08/20/2013

This vendor was very easy to work with. The cake was delicious, but like almost every wedding cake I've tried, a little dry. Our cake was browned butter flavor with salted caramel frosting - so delicious! It was simple with no cake topper, just burlap lace around the bottom of each tier. We had 4 tiers which was enough for 200 people and it cost right around $700 total. That's a lot of money for some (including myself) but we were honestly lucky to find a cake vendor that inexpensive. Overall, it was definitely worth it.

Sent on 08/08/2013
  • a murta

Alisia · Married on 07/28/2013

I had attended an open house in which I brought my bridal party, my husbands aunt, my brother and his girlfriend to. They were very eager to get us seated, as we were eager to enjoy some cake. Everyone was polite in answering any questions that we had. They provided many different kinds of cakes to try. We exchanged ideas and that night when I got home I sent in the down payment (via paypal).

On our wedding day, the cake was GORGEOUS. I didn't even want to cut into it, although I had been waiting almost a year to eat that amazing cake again.

I know that if any of my friends or family need a cake, for any occasion, that I will recommend The Cakewalk Shop!

Sent on 11/08/2013
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 12/12/2012

Our cake turned out exactly how we wanted, was delicious, and guests said it was the best looking and tasting one they'd seen at a wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Leslie · Married on 02/25/2012

Tamara was AMAZING to work with! Not only was she able to take our order on short notice (we only had about a month to plan our wedding due to family health problems), she made our order PERFECTLY! My groom and I had wanted cheesecake cupcakes as well as some other flavored cupcakes--so kind of a strange request. Tamara knew exactly what it was that we were thinking of and had cheese cake in addition to all of the other flavors of cake and frosting present at the tasting. She allowed us to try different combinations of cakes, frostings, ganaches, and fillings. It was so much fun and beyond delicious. She managed to incorporate all of our wedding colors into the cakes (light blue and silver) while having them still look tasteful and delicate. There were no left overs after the wedding and I definitely saw a few people go back for more. I would highly, highly recommend The Cakewalk Shop for your wedding cake needs! They are fantastic!!!

Sent on 03/15/2012

Kaylin · Married on 07/16/2011

Tamara did an AMAZING job on my cake. It was incredibly beautiful and not to mention outstandingly delicious. We had two layers one with white cake and lemon mousse filling and one with chocolate cake and orange cream cheese filling. Tamara is so easy to work with and has great ideas and input. I have recommend The Cakewalk Shop to all of my friends and family. Amazing cakes!

Sent on 09/23/2011

Angela · Married on 04/10/2011

My sister and I both ordered our cakes from The Cake Walk Shop. My sister's was red velvet with salted carmel filling and fondant frosting. I chose two different flavors: vanilla with strawberry cream from scratch and chocolate fudge with lime curd. Both were absolutely delicious. My sister's was a gorgeous black and white damask. Mine was a pretty cream color with handmade pink peony flowers. Both were absolutely gorgeous. The cake tasting was also awesome. We got to try so many different cake flavors and filling flavors. It was so much fun. Tamara was very prompt with the appointment and offered good advice. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/15/2011

Andrea · Married on 11/27/2010

I would recommend The Cakewalk Shop to anyone! I was told by so many of my guests that our cake was the most delicious cake they had ever eaten and they couldn't believe it was a wedding cake. The chocolate fudge with salted caramel filling and real buttermilk frosting were to die for! The cake also looked so beautiful and matched our theme perfectly! The Cake was definetly one of my favorite parts of our wedding. I wish she sold her cakes in a bakery because they put all other cakes to shame. At the cake testing, we discovered they are all delicious and it was hard to pick one, but it was sure fun to figure out! The Cakewalk Shop is something special!

Sent on 02/03/2011

Laura · Married on 08/20/2010

Absolutely perfect!! The cake was actually as delicious as it was beautiful. Almost unheard of in a wedding cake. There were so many options we couldn't choose just one and went with an assortment. A cake topper, cupcakes of various flavors, different decorations on each different flavor etc. Each one was a work of art. I am generally not an easy client. I know I am picky and have perfectionist tendencies, so trust me when I say that I was not just satisfied but seriously impressed.

Sent on 02/04/2011

Kelly · Married on 04/17/2010

Very pleasant experience all the way around from cake tasting to delivery, communication, and best of all DELICIOUS!!!!

Sent on 04/23/2010

Leanne · Married on 12/14/2009

When was the last time you thought a wedding cake tasted good? My cake and cupcakes were beautiful, unique, and delicious. All guests marveled over the flavors. There are so many lovely cakes to choose from. Tamara's taste level is very high. You can depend on everything being done right.

Sent on 04/20/2010

Cathy · Married on 11/30/2002

The Cakewalk Shop provided my mother and father a walk back in time for their 50th Wedding Anniversary. I ordered the exact cake from their wedding for their anniversary party (we had a photo to work with). The cake turned out even better than the original, because everything on it was edible! Thank you so much, Tamara, for helping to make mom and dad's day special. You were easy to work with, delivered the cake on time and were always available to answer my questions. Cathy Dickson

Sent on 04/19/2010

Nina · Married on 03/14/2015

We ordered wedding Pie for our 3.14.15 wedding and they were delicious and affordable. We ordered apple and mixed berry and people couldn't stop raving about the berry! We found Cakewalk Shop through our venue and they worked with our coordinator to deliver everything- it was seamless. I would definitely order pies from them again!

Sent on 03/29/2015
  • Jess

Jess S. · Married on 10/19/2019

Tasty and beautiful cake!

Our cake was delicious and the girls at Cake Walk shop are so sweet and great to work with! the only thing we had problems with was communication at times but we enjoyed the cake and how beautiful it was! We chan he s our flavors and Johanna was more than happy to help with suggestions and figuring out a solution for us!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 08/10/2018

Our wedding cake, and miniature pies, pie holes, for our wedding were AMAZING! Johanna is an absolute delight. We had so much fun at our cake tasting, and knew we wanted to book with her for our big day. Our cake look beautiful with fresh flowers from our florist, and tasted just as delicious as it looked! Our guests absolutely loved our cake, and our pie holes. We had key lime (to DIE for) and marionberry. Johanna was also super responsive and helpful along the way! I highly recommend this mother, daughter shop!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Tina · Married on 08/06/2017

Tamara was able to organize a late evening tasting for us since we were out of town bride and groom. Everything tasted good and she gave us suggestion what when together. I had a couple changes after our initial meeting on the decoration, but Tamera and Johanna knew what I wanted. On the day of the wedding, the cake was delivered and it was exactly what we wanted. It tasted delicious as well! I would recommend them!

Sent on 08/17/2017

3.5

The desserts were delicious and the dessert table looked beautiful! We loved visiting the shop and having our tasting, and they were great at providing accommodations for vegan and gluten free guests. They even picked up the platters at the end of the evening (which is typically an extra fee). The only thing they need to work on is their response time with emails. Other than that they were great and we would absolutely work with them again!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/25/2016

We were pretty easy customers for wedding cake. I really wanted my parents who live out of town to come tasting with us so I needed a place that would let us taste on a weekend. The tasting set up was so adorable and I loved that we got to mix and match our own tasting!

We never heard back about paying the bill off before the due date but after I sent an email we got the invoice and it was taken care of pretty quickly.

The cake tasted great on the day of and looked BEAUTIFUL! It was simple and perfect the way I wanted it and they coordinated with my florist to arrange flowers on it on the day of. They also made me a custom topper and I am saving it in my wedding keepsake box!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2011

3.5

The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. The caked showed up on time which was an absolute plus! Only negative thing I have to say is that it took longer than my personal preference on the response time to e-mails and phone calls.

Sent on 09/25/2011

Keely · Married on 12/17/2016

3.8
      3.0

Provided a complimentary cake tasting in their quaint shop. After we decided to book with the cakewalk shop we mailed our signed contract and deposit, several months later as the wedding was approaching I received an email stating that there was no records of my signed contract or payment. After proving that the check had been cashed and sending a new contract we had no further issues. I had many compliments from my guests about how beautiful my cake was and many guests didn't think it was real because the frosting looked flawless. We had a four tier cake with two flavors, two tiers were a white cake with raspberry buttercream and white chocolate ganache and the other two tiers were white cake with orange buttercream and dark chocolate ganache. The flavor and texture of the cake was very good. The only issue we had was the minor miscommunication about the deposit and contract which was quickly taken care of.

Sent on 12/30/2016

3.6
      3.5

I was a little disappointed with the final cake because the color was not correct. Also - the cake was kind of dry. When I pay $750 for a cake - I kind of expect it to be perfect. I honestly wish I would have went with Simply Desserts in Fremont - even though they don't actually do wedding cakes. At least I know the cake would have been delicious. : (

Sent on 11/12/2015

Richelle · Married on 08/26/2011

1.8
      0.5
      0.5
      2.0

I wish I could agree with the other reviews, but my experience with Tamara was far from good. My husband and I had sampled her cakes at 2 other weddings andwe loved them, which is why we chose her to make our wedding cake...big mistake. She made us a 3 tier cake and 2 smaller side cakes and unfortunatley none of them tasted good. The vanilla cakes was very dry and the chocolate cakes were only slightly better. We asked for raspberry filling in the vanilla cake and she incorrectly used strawberry. The salted caramel filling in the chocolate cakes was so faint our guests asked us what the flavor was. The buttercream on all 5 cakes was incredibly greasy and tasted nothing like buttercream. We had guests ask us, at the wedding, what happened to the cake...it was very embarrassing. My mom emailed Tamara to make a complaint and when we met with her, I was shocked by how rude and condescending she was to us. She essentially implied that my mom and I were liars because she's never had a complaint before. That's fine if she's never had a complaint, but don't imply that we are lying. She offered no apology whatsoever nor did she offer any type of compensation. I am still so very disappointed and saddened by the entire experience. I would not recommend the Cake Walk Shop to any bride.

Sent on 09/18/2011

The Cakewalk Shop's reply:

I was very sorry that this client was unhappy. It is very important to me that my cakes taste good. When I was first contacted by her mother that they were unhappy the first thing I did was a flavor check on remaining samples in the walk in and I further contacted all brides that had cakes that weekend to see if they hand any issues with their cakes that shared cake or filling batches. Not one of the three other brides had anything to say but wonderful things about the flavors. One of which from the posting on 08-27-12 took time to post a review here another posted to my facebook. They had the same buttercream and vanilla cake that the RLB had. I don't know why they had such different experineces. As to the statement that I gave the wrong filling flavor. R changed her order MANY times before the wedding. She would decided something, meet with her mother, then her mother would ask for changes. I asked for both her and her mother to come in finalize things several times and R didn't seem to want that to happen. In the end I emailed her invoice two weeks before her wedding and asked her confirm that it was correct . She replied that is was and that was how the cake was made. After R's mother contacted me I asked R what her opinion was as she was the only one I had dealt with in the planning. In person she only made minor comments that seemed to indicate minor issues, nothing like her mother's. In end in the spirt the customer is always right R was offered a partial refund.