The cake stand Reviews

90 | Charleston, SC

90 Reviews for The cake stand

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Lauren and Will are great!!
    We did cupcakes for our wedding, with a small cutting cake. They did 5 different flavors for us and they were delicious!! The value is unreal- their prices are great for the quality!! They were great to work with and gave us exactly what we asked for. Lauren helped me come to some design decisions when I wasn't quite sure what I wanted. I love supporting such an amazing family business. They were great!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Meredith · Married on 11/08/2014

The Cake Stand provided us with cupcakes and a top tier mini cake for our wedding. From the start Lauren was very responsive and helpful with all of our questions. I must admit I was not wowed when we picked up the sample box to taste at home since we were not able to make it in for a tasting. I think we probably should have let the samples come to room temperature more. The mini cake at our wedding tasted great though. I didn't get to try a cupcake the day of but the next day, I indulged on plenty. Even a day old, the cupcakes tasted fantastic. We had a few leftovers that we froze and those still taste great too.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Julie · Married on 09/14/2013

The Cake Stand created a custom cake for our wedding! They were able to take our vision and make our cake come to life, even better than I imagined!! Our cake resembled my dress perfectly!! They also created cupcakes to go along with our beautiful cake! Their flavors were so delicious! Their Coconut cake is amazing, a must try!! Thank you so much for creating a wonderful wedding cake for us!!

Julie and Ross Couch

Sent on 11/29/2013

debbie · Married on 07/22/2011

Lauren, at The Cake Stand, delivered exactly what my daughter wanted. The cake was beautiful and it was delicious! She is so easy to work with and is open to any design that you may want. She has such a gift in decorating and baking. If you want a cake that tastes as good as it looks you must choose THE CAKE STAND. You will not be disappointed!

Debbie Nelson
    Greer, SC

Sent on 08/03/2011

3.5

Thank you very much for the amazing cake!! All of our guests loved the look and taste.

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • Deidre

Deidre · Married on 10/13/2017

3.5

We had our wedding cake baked and designed by the cake stand on Folly Beach. The cake came out great and they had very fair prices. They even let us drop off and use our own cake stand; while a lot of other places were requiring you rent one from them for an additional fee. Our guests loved the cake and it was very moist and enjoyable. Highly recommend checking out their services for your next big event!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Candace · Married on 09/17/2011

3.5

The cake was awesome. It was the best cake I've ever had! Seriously. YUM!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Katie · Married on 05/06/2010

3.5

Our wedding cake looked exactly how we had imagined it...only more perfect! However, there was disappointment to follow. We had been promised told that their cakes were never frozen, but several of our guests told us they had pieces of cake that were still frozen when they were thawed. Also, we were told the sheet cakes would have 4 thin layers of cake with the filling between to mimic the real wedding cake so guests would not notice the difference. Once it was sliced it was 2 very think cake layers and was incredibly dry as a result. A huge disappointment since I had been telling everyone how delicious our lemon cake was going to be.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Deborah · Married on 03/14/2009

The Cake Stand really works with brides who are on a budget. I got a beautiful cake for a great price AND it was so delicious.

Sent on 08/20/2009
  • Edith

Edith · Married on 07/30/2011

3.0

The cake wasn't 100% what I had ordered, a few details were amiss, but it was a delicious and beautiful, simple cake and I am overall quite happy with the experience. Lauren was professional and the tasting box she prepared was very convenient. This is a very small bakery, run just by a couple, and came highly recommended by my location sales manager and I wasn't disappointed. Many thanks for a lovely cake!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Clarissa · Married on 05/10/2015

3.5

The cupcakes were amazing. I really liked the taste. It was moist and not dry, and I would absolutely recommend "The Cake Stand" to anyone who is planning an event.

Sent on 05/14/2015

3.5

They were super easy to work with and the cake was delicious!! After the wedding I had so many people tell me it was the best cake they had ever had. So good!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Melynda · Married on 05/26/2013

2.0

I ordered cupcakes for my wedding. They were deliciously made and met my standards for my wedding. The reason I rated their responsiveness and professionalism low is because I had a destination wedding and relied on emails and phone calls to finalize details. Lauren was great at responding to my emails but not so much the phone calls. When I did go into the store, twice, once to pick up a to go box and then to drop off my cup cake wrappers, I felt very rushed and was not even greeted properly. I was not even invited into the shop the second time, she made me wait outside. She was not personable. Lastly, the day of my wedding, my wedding planner had already tried to get in contact with her to schedule delivery and Lauren never got back to her. To make matters worse, they delivered my cupcakes to the wrong venue and showed up to deliver my cupcakes minutes before my reception began. After the wedding, I had at least 5 voice-mails from Lauren confused about my venue (even though I sent her my contract months earlier) and why would she call me on my wedding day knowing I would be unavailable. She had the wedding planners information but never called her. I will not recommend this shop and nor will I do business with them again.

Sent on 11/07/2013

elizabeth · Married on 04/18/2009

3.6
      3.5

Good cake but definitely the WRONG color! The response we were given? ..."That's really not our fault...you gave us a color sample." Hey, thanks.

Sent on 06/06/2009
  • User4209305 · 2+ years ago

2.2
      2.5
      1.0
      2.0

Lauren made a beautiful wedding cake. Our biggest issue, we were planning a wedding from a different city/state and we had one weekend to meet up and taste samples to choose the flavors for our 3 tier cake. She offered to drop them at our hotel but, she called last minute to say she wouldn't be able to make it. On the day of the wedding, the cake was delivered on time and very pretty, but, it was dry.

Sent on 06/28/2014

The cake stand's reply:

We work with a lot of out of town brides and we don't get bad reviews so, I feel that I should respond to this.
    We normally don't offer tasting box deliveries to brides. I had only offered to drop off the tasting box to the hotel because the bride's schedule didn't allow for her to come pick up from our shop at her scheduled time. We had a very busy delivery schedule that day and it didn't work out with this additional delivery...I was very prompt in calling and apologetic and the apology was accepted.
    We believe the cake wasn't served at the correct "room temp." and that it was probably still cold so, it probably seemed dry. We had a lot of cakes go out this weekend with other cakes made from this same "batch" that this wedding cake was from. This was the only complaint from that weekend and everyone else that we heard from (which was all the other weddings) said their cakes were awesome and delicious.
    We will do a follow up with the venue to find out if they did refrigerate the cake after we told them not to.
    We never want a bad review and we are sorry that these clients were not happy with their wedding cake. We will try getting in contact again with the clients to rectify the situation (we received one call with a message after their wedding and we did return their phone call that same day, but had to leave a message).