The cake stand Reviews

90 | Charleston, SC

90 Reviews for The cake stand

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Katie · Married on 05/26/2012

I loved working with Lauren from the Cake Stand! We corresponded mostly through email and she was very responsive. Our cake was exactly what we wanted and it was so yummy!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Dorty · Married on 04/07/2012

Choosing my wedding cake was very important to me. I wanted a beautiful and tasty cake. Lauren at The Cake Stand was amazing! She was very thorough when going over the details of the cake and its design.
    She was easy to work with and gave me her professional opinion, which I took. After all, she is the expert.

When I saw my cake for the first time at the reception I was amazed and so very happy. It was exactly what I wanted!I was smiling from ear-to-ear. All my guests were commenting on the cake ( heart-themed.)
    The cake was a four tiered cake - almond w/ fresh berries and hummingbird w/ cream cheese filling. The cake was moist and flavorful. We saved the top tier for our anniversary and can't wait to taste it again.

Thank you Lauren for being so amazing. You made my day special thanks to your great talent. I would recommend the cake stand to future brides in a heart beat.

Sent on 06/16/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2012

everyone loved our cupcakes (we didn't even get to try our red velvet on our wedding night, everyone ate them all!), my favorite were the almond cupcakes with italian buttercream frosting. Our cake was alternating layers of almond and lemon with cream cheese frosting and it was to die for! The decorations on the cake were perfect, the colors were perfectly matched with our requested paint chip colors, and the delivery was prompt, professional, and flexible to our needs (we didn't rent a cake stand, we had them all kept in the back of the house and our caterers displayed them). Delivery charges were waived as being part of Downtown Charleston. I would definitely recommend Cakestand again. They were a FAR better deal price-wise over their competitors (Ashley Bakery being one). Our total was around $580 total, vs. Ashley which quoted over $1,000! This was for (I think, if I can recall) 120 cupcakes and 2- 8 inch rounds (one strictly for anniversaries and the other for cutting). Lauren Robertson, the owner, was so quick with her responses and was very sweet with any interactions we had. Very accommodating, understanding, and not business-y at all (didn't hassle me and bark at me with the deposit, was very pleasant). LOVE the cake stand!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2012

Cake was delicious! Everyone loved it! It looked beautiful! Just what I asked for!!! Lauren was on top of everything and great with helping me design the cake I wanted!!

Sent on 03/14/2012

Catherine · Married on 12/31/2011

I planned a small destination wedding in Charleston, SC. I decided on my wedding date with only four months to plan, with my wedding being on New Year's Eve. I contacted The Cake Stand not until 2 1/2 months before my wedding to request my cake. Granted, I was having a smaller wedding, but she was very willing to work with my last minute request especially during the holidays. She was very easy to work with on the look and design of my cake. Since I did not live in town I was not able to do a tasting and put my full trust in to her reviews online. Boy, did I make a good choice! The cake was amazing and so delicious. All my guest raved about the cake! I had two guests that are not really into sweets and cake. Both them said that when they were served the cake they just decided to take a quick bite, and then once they tasted that cake they couldn't put their fork down. Also, when I first walked into my venue room the cake caught my eye and I was so happy with the quality of her work and design. Another point I would like to add is since I was having a smaller cake and it was the holidays I offered to pick up the cake to help. She said that would be fine. At last minute my wedding day became hectic and she offered to deliver the cake. She really saved my day and I was so grateful for the flexibility. What a true professional!!! I would highly recommend The Cake Stand! I am still having dreams about that cake!

Sent on 01/09/2012

Caroline · Married on 11/05/2011

I had a friend recommend The Cake Stand to me and I am so glad that I chose them! My husband (then fiance) was not able to go to a tasting with me at the shop, so they sent me home with a box full of cupcakes to try. They were all SO wonderful! We had a hard time deciding, but we both love red velvet, so ending up choosing an all red velvet cake. We received so many compliments that night and still have people tell us how wonderful the cake was. They did a wonderful job designing the cake exactly as I wanted. They were very flexible with me as I changed my mind on things and they helped me make some decisions when I couldn't. I found the price to be very reasonable, especially in a place like Charleston. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/16/2012
  • W

Jacquelyn · Married on 10/22/2011

Wil and Lauren were a pleasure to work with and delivered exactly what I wanted...better than I could have invisioned even down to the exact colors!!! Taste of the cake was amazing and our guests are still talking about it!!! Could not have been happier...thank you to The Cake Stand!!!

Sent on 11/14/2011
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth · Married on 10/07/2011

The Cake Stand was wonderful to work with. We loved that it was owned by a couple. They took my description and made the cake exactly how we envisioned it. The cake was delicious and super moist. I think cakes are important and this one was so good. I had numerous compliments on how delicious the cake was!!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Jamie · Married on 09/24/2011

Lauren was excellent to work with. She immediately grasped my vision for the wedding cake and made it a reality. Besides the beautiful image of the cake, it is also moist and delicious. I would highly reccomend the Cake Stand.

Sent on 10/11/2011
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 09/10/2011

I worked with the cake stand for our wedding cake 2 years ago! They did the most incredible job. Last year, we were on our honeymoon and didn't get to do the traditional "eat the top of your cake" so we decided to save it for our second anniversary which was yesterday. I pulled it out of the freezer sure it would be freezer burnt and disgusting after 2 years. I couldn't have been more wrong. The cake tasted AMAZING! Still! After 2 years! I was so impressed, I just had to share :)

Sent on 09/16/2011

Jenn · Married on 07/03/2011

The Cake Stand made both our wedding cake and our grooms cake. I could not be happier with either one. The flavors were amazing, and my guests were raving for days over how awesome the carrot cake is. Lauren and Will do a great job and you will not be disappointed if you choose them. For the bride on a budget, their basic cake rivals publix prices but when you add on extras it starts to add up. It is still worth every penny. The best advice I got when trying to determine my budget was your guests remember 3 things at your wedding: the food, the music and the cake. Your cute little favors that you spent 200 bucks on and 20 hours assembling will be left in the baskets... forget the favors and spend the extra on something your guests care about. Go with The Cake Stand!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Candice · Married on 04/18/2011

The cake was so good, I am three weeks after my wedding and I want so bad to get the top layer out of the freezer and eat it. The design was exactly as I wanted it and it looked so perfect that one guest actually thought it might be just decoration and not real. Everyone raved about the cake.

Sent on 05/05/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2009

The Cake Stand did an AMAZING job on our cake!!! Beautiful and sooooo delicious!!!

Sent on 11/23/2009

Samantha · Married on 05/23/2009

The CakeStand actually provided our groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner, but it was absolutely amazing! It was in the shape of a purple cow, and was a hummingbird cake with cream cheese frosting. People were raving about it!

Sent on 06/16/2009

Carol · Married on 04/25/2009

The most delicious cake in South Carolina!!! Loved working with Lauren and her husband!!! My cake was the best and most attractive wedding cake and all of our guests were amazed!!!

Sent on 05/20/2009

Sue · Married on 10/19/2008

Absolutely DELICIOUS!!! I can't even explain how mouth watering our cake was, not to mention it was beautiful too. We had a wedding cake and grooms cake and they were both a hit. Lauren was very easy to work with and open to our ideas. AND Friday is free cupcake Fridays at the Cake Stand!!!

Sent on 11/12/2008

Andrea · Married on 05/10/2008

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! The Cake Stand makes a cake that is not only beautiful, but also one of the best we have ever eaten! From our initial meeting, they were warm, welcoming, and very professional! They took the time to make sure that we got exactly what we wanted for our wedding cake. Their prices were extremely reasonable and worth every penny! When our wedding day came, we were extremely pleased! Every detail was perfect and the cake was a HUGE HIT! We would definitely recommend them to anyone for any occassion! A+ in our book!

Sent on 03/24/2009

Carli · Married on 06/30/2007

Lauren was wonderful! My husband and I met her at a Starbucks between our houses to do a cake testing. She brought probably 6 different flavors of cake with different types of icing as well. She explained to us what we could do and gave us an honest break down of what the cost would be and there were no secret fees in there. The cake was 3 different flavors for the 3 different levels and our guests loved our cake and commented how beautiful it was. Lauren coordinated with our florist for the cake topper of roses.

Our year anniversary is in 12 days, and Lauren will make you a fresh "cake top" to eat on your one year anniversary so you don't have to freeze your initial cake top!!! WONDERFUL IDEA! I would highly recommend Lauren's business to anyone!

Sent on 06/19/2008

Dawn · Married on 06/09/2007

The Cake Stand did our Wedding Cake in June 2007 and it was gorgeous--just how I'd described what I wanted--and incredibly tasty! We didn't have a crumb left! I would highly recommend The Cake Stand as they are reasonably priced, professional, creative and their cakes taste amazing!

Sent on 05/19/2009

Brandy · Married on 04/28/2007

Our cake was to die for. I am not just saying this because it was from my wedding but it was the best wedding cake I have ever had. Everyone was raving over the cake. The owner is so wonderful and sweet. She really listens to what you really want. I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 06/26/2008

Marianne · Married on 10/24/2015

We used Charleston Flower market for our wedding cake. We went with a three layer cake, all 3 different flavors (strawberry cake with strawberry glaze, chocolate cake with raspberry glaze, red velvet cake w cream cheese frosting, with cream cheese frosting used and not buttercream overall) The cake tasted great and it was beautifully done. We ultimately chose her because of her price point and the actual taste of the cake, which was so good. We were happy with our choice!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Kathi · Married on 09/18/2010

Cake was delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 01/22/2011
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 03/30/2019

Our guests raved about our cupcakes

It took a bit for Lauren and I to connect, but once we did it was smooth sailing. The Cake Stand's prices are awesome but the taste of their cakes are even better. Lauren was so helpful with planning everything and organizing our tasting since we were from out of town. Our cake and cupcakes were delicious (guests loved them!) and they looked great too. Thanks Lauren!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Devon · Married on 10/28/2017

The Cake Stand did a great job for our backyard wedding this past October. We decided we wanted one small cake so we could doing the official cake cutting but everything else would be cupcakes, which was more in keeping with our “help yourselves” backyard bbq feel we were going for.
    We were able to choose how many types of cake we wanted and which frostings for each type of cake and they were all delicious! They also had a huge cupcake stand that we rented for a very reasonable price to display all of the delicious cupcakes. They delivered and setup everything on the morning before the wedding. Overall we were very happy with the Cake Stand!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Lauren at the Cake Stand was recommended to me by my sister (she hired the Cake Stand to do her wedding cake a few years ago). Despite knowing that my sister's cake was DELICIOUS and GORGEOUS, I still did one other tasting with another vendor. Once I met with Lauren, the deal was sealed. She is professional, laid back and calm, and imaginative. Her goal is to take designs you like and to come up with something new and amazing for your cake. I was truly blown away when I saw the cake at our reception...she totally nailed what I had in mind and the cake was soooo tasty in addition to being gorgeous. I am so happy to have worked with Lauren and have already recommended the Cake Stand to other friends getting married in Charleston!

Sent on 09/30/2015