The Cake Plate Reviews

9 | Austin, TX

9 Reviews for The Cake Plate

Scott Calvert makes the most beautiful and delicious cakes! We had a combo wedding cake of Mexican vanilla with fresh strawberries and a chocolate with turtle filling. Everyone commented on how pretty and yummy the cake was.

Sent on 11/01/2015

The cake was beyond anything I could've hoped for. It was so yummy and absolutely beautiful. The Cake Plate Team was an absolute dream to work with and they were so sweet and creative.

Sent on 10/01/2013

The best wedding cake ive ever had! My husband got me one for our first valentines day after the wedding as well. It was as good a year later on our anniversary as the day we got married. Amazing!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Brenda · Married on 03/30/2002

I would not describe Scott as a baker, he is truly an artist. His cakes are the most beautiful I've seen -- plus they are not only pretty they are quite tasty. My husband is a musician and he wanted his groom's cake to be in the shape of a guitar. Scott totally pulled it off. It was so good my husband's band buddies were even able to tell what kind of guitar it was modeled after! My cake was amazing. I wanted a unique cake and went with the Alice in Wonderland Topsy Turvy cake and people were in awe over it.

Sent on 11/08/2007

Alicia · Married on 04/02/2016

Our wedding cake from the Cake Plate was delicious! We had a three tier cake, bottom was chocolate praline, middle was vanilla with strawberries (I actually think they messed up the flavor and we ended up with jam so I didn't give 5 stars, but it was delicious anyway) and top tier vanilla which we have saved for a year and I can't wait to eat! We did a lot of cake tasting around Austin, and some of the more expensive vendors barely gave us the time of day, where the inexpensive ones tasted that way.. I think this was the perfect value for money- such delicious cake at a great price. They gave us so many huge slices to try and we were impressed right away.. we kept the box the whole weekend of the trial and kept going back to it, we knew we had to use them! The cake we got was a simple three layer white with venetian frosting and we had flowers put on top- it was absolutely gorgeous!!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Courtney · Married on 04/12/2013

My husband and I tried several wedding cakes in the Austin area, including some of the top rated wedding cake vendors in the area, and this was the BEST wedding cake we tried. We had four different layers to our wedding cake (chocolate with salted caramel filling, carrot cake, mexican vanilla with raspberry filling, and pistachio wtih pistachio mousse), and every single layer was just amazing. We had so many guests complimenting the cake, and saying that this was the best wedding cake they had ever had! Scott is very easy to work with and very professional. The design of our cake was pretty simple, and it came out just as we had asked. The only reason I did not give the service a 5/5 was because I noticed that date of our wedding was incorrect on our printed invoice so this was a bit alarming and stressful, but when I called to notify them, they fixed it immediately. Also correspondence via email was not always the quickest way to get a response - definitely calling this vendor is the fastest way to get in touch with them to get any issues resolved. Overall, though I could not have been happier with our wedding cake!!! It was delicious!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Nicole · Married on 07/07/2012

Our families are still talking about the delicious cake at our wedding- even 3 months after. We had tastings at a few other bakeries in Austin and liked them, but we knew we found our Cake at our tasting here. Everything was delicious and the cake at the wedding was really rich and moist. Cakes for weddings are expensive, but we found it worth the money here for the detail they put in and how delicious it was. They worked really well with where we had our reception and the delivery went smoothly. We have already recommended them to friends looking to get married in the area.

Sent on 11/16/2012
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 10/01/2017

Our experience with the cake plate was overall very good. We were struggling to find a baker where we were blown away by their cake. We met the team at a vendor meet and greet type occasion at our venue and we were immediately blown away by their Mexican vanilla cake with fresh strawberries. We scheduled a tasting with them shortly after and booked with them right then and there. We got two sketches drawn out based off what we wanted in terms of design. I had two disappointments, neither of which were major. The first is that we said at our tasting that we didn’t want coconut in the German chocolate cake, but on the day of the wedding there was coconut in it :( The other disappointment was that we couldn’t choose a different frosting for the two different types of cakes we had during our sheet cake. I wish there was more flexibility in doing two smaller cakes so we would have been able to have separate frosting for each flavor. We have ordered multiple smaller cakes from them and we will continue to do so! Thank you Cake Plate for all you have done for us!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Grace · Married on 10/26/2013

3.0

Scott at The Cake Plate is a very helpful and creative baker! He was always ready to work with me to make sure everything was perfect. I gave him a picture of the cake I wanted and he reproduced it exactly. He also went the extra mile to create a smaller cake that fit the dietary requirements of me and the groom. That version was just as delicious as the main cake!

Scott also made a large batch of cookies for our guests before the wedding. They were beautifully decorated and I had a number of guests tell me how good they were as well.

Sent on 11/04/2013