The Cake Guys Reviews

803 | Duncanville, TX

803 Reviews for The Cake Guys

Ana · Married on 08/29/2014

The Cake Guys did an AMAZING job on our bride and groom cakes. My husband and I were speechless with both of our cakes. Not only did they look BEAUTIFUL, but the taste was delicious. Till now we are getting compliments from our guest. I will definitely use The Cake Guys again. Thank you Chad for the amazing work!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/23/2014

My fiance and I went with a Sweet Inspirations package and we were pleasantly surprised! The cakes turned out beautifully and they were DELICIOUS!!! Although, the only cake we actually got to eat was the handful that we shoved in each others mouth during the cutting, it was still so good! There was more than enough to go around and everyone had wonderful things to say about them. Their customer service is outstanding and they went above and beyond to make our cakes perfect! Word of advice for your wedding: sit down for 5 minutes during your reception and enjoy a piece of cake! You'll thank yourself later! :)

Sent on 09/09/2014

The Cake Guys are absolutely amazing! Our bride's cake and groom's cake came from them and EVERYONE at our reception raved about how delicious the cakes were! And the design was outstanding! The groom's cake was a Boston Red Sox theme and their creativity was pure perfection. Everyone we worked with at The Cake Guys was professional, kind, responsive and extremely helpful and friendly. I'd recommend The Cake Guys to everyone...you will not be disappointed!! I can't wait to eat our frozen top layer on our 1 year anniversary!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Cali · Married on 08/15/2014

The Cake guys were fantastic! My husband and I went to a lot of weddings before our own and sampled many different kinds of cake, and they were by far our favorite! We did their "Sweet Inspirations" package which allowed us to have beautiful, great tasting cakes and still stay on budget. They also offer A TON of coupons on their website if you look for them. Even though we used a package, they still allowed us to personalize our cakes. My cake had beautiful gold icing on the garnishes and my husband's cake had a "lego star wars" theme that was a real crowd pleaser. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Cierra · Married on 08/09/2014

My husband and I were thrilled with how beautiful and delicious both of our cakes turned out. I've never eaten better tasting cake and I'm a pretty tough critic.

I did some research on their website, sent an email, and received an immediate response from Chad. We set up an appointment for the tasting and were blown away. There was no going wrong with any option. They were all so good. When I sat down with Chad at the tasting, he asked about things I liked, things I didn't like, and drew up two incredible cakes. They looked even better in person! We have had so many compliments on the flavors we chose and the designs.

Chad was excellent to work with a and made choosing a cake the best and smoothest part of the planning process. Best cakes ever!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/09/2014

We chose the sweet inspirations package for our wedding. The cakes were beautiful and tasted absolutely amazing. We have received tons of compliments on 'the best wedding cake' our guests have had. My husband and I would definitely agree!

Sent on 09/22/2014

The Cake Guys did a AWESOME job on my daughter's Sweet Sixteen cake. We showed them what we wanted and it was beyond what I expected. HIGHLY! HIGHLY! recommend them.
    Thank You Chad & Edward!!!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/02/2014

The Cake Guys are amazing! Not only were the cakes amazing to look at, they tasted awesome! They were exactly what we expected them to look like and were delivered on time. I had TONS of comments about how good they were. I loved the way my cake looked so much it was so hard to cut into it, but it was well worth it! The cake itself was very moist and the filling and frosting were delicious! Well worth every bit of the cost! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Anne · Married on 07/26/2014

We were so pleased we chose the Cake Guys for the wedding cake and grooms cake. Our guests raved about the delicious cakes. They were stunning to look at and even better to eat! Very professional company...easy to work with and accommodating to changes we made. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/05/2014

The Cake Guys did it again!!!! My daughter's and now son-in-law's cakes were amazing!! They were beautiful and were the best tasting cakes I've ever had in my life!!! They also made my older daughter's wedding cakes and we could not have been more pleased! Didn't even consider another bakery. We had so many of the guests tell us how wonderful the cakes were-the best they had ever had!! Now their cakes are a tradition for all birthdays in our family! Thank you Cake Guys!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Krissy · Married on 07/19/2014

Best price we could find in the metroplex by using the Sweet Inspirations package. Very impressed with the customer service. Our original design was not going to look like we thought, and we received a text message with a picture of the sample. The designer was able to show us alternatives and offer suggestions for what would look great at our venue. Overall, beautiful, great tasting cake at a great value.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Ester · Married on 07/18/2014

I didnt know anything about Cake Guys until my wedding planner recommended them!! OMG didnt know what i was missing out!! The cake was delicious, everyone loved it! It literally melted in my mouth !!! If you are reading this, stop looking anywhere else and just order it!! you will not regreat!!! We had a custom cake, gave them a picture and they delivered exactly what i wanted and more. Thank you Cake Guys

Sent on 07/28/2014

T. · Married on 07/18/2014

Are you serious? How is this possible? This was absolutely the BEST wedding cake that could have been made by human hands. As a matter of fact, the cake was so good that our guests were asking if there were any more slices in the back. The Groom's cake went so fast that the only taste that we got was at the cake tasting, NOT at the wedding, because it was gone.

Chad and Edward are outstanding at what they do and we would HIGHLY recommend The Cake Guys for any wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Brooke · Married on 07/12/2014

The Cake Guys were so accommodating and easy to work with. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted even better than it looked!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Chandler · Married on 07/12/2014

The Cake Guys are phenomenal. Let me explain.

Going into the wedding there are so many details, the cake was one that I cared close to least about. I personally don't love cake & there were so many other things to plan that I wanted the cake to be something my guests enjoyed but nothing I had to worry too much about. That's exactly what The Cake Guys did for me & more.

My cake turned out to be my FAVORITE part of the wedding. I'm not exaggerating.
    I had been to several appointments to discuss & taste cake at many vendors. After my appointment with The Cake Guys, I immediately booked. From the appointment up until the day of, they were extrememly professional & creative.

I wanted to make my husbands cake like a tent (as a surprise). They had so many ideas for the actual cake & what surrounded it. The original drawing was a little above my budget & they worked with me to take things out or make them less detailed for a cheaper price. The "less detailed" version, to me was more detailed that I expected in the first place!
    My cake turned out elegant & chic. They did an amazing job help create my dream.

So the cakes were beautiful & aboslutely delicious. As I mentioned, I really don't love cake so after our ceremonial "cake cutting" I didn't go back & get some (unfortunately). I say unfortunately because when my husband & I came home from our honeymoon some family had saved some cake for us to take home. I am so thankful they did!! It was better than the tasting & better than ANY cake I have ever ever had (even though it sat in a freezer for over a week waiting for us to return). My husband & I have been to 40 weddings & counting within the last 2 1/2 years & my cake was by far the very best tasting & looking for a great price.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2014

The experience from the tasting appointment to the wedding was absolutely perfect! The Cake Guys are very professional, down to earth and extremely skilled at what they do. Everyone at the wedding LOVED the cakes we got-- one bride and one groom's cake that was part of a really great package deal. We are forever a fan of The Cake Guys!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

We are all about beautiful wedding cakes, but we really care about the taste. The Cake Guys provide BOTH! They have standard cake designs that work well for anyone without a creative bent or you can custom design the look of your cake. Either way, the cake is moist, delicious and with the optional fillings it becomes a decadent taste treat. The bride's cake was white with amaretto filling. Our groom's cake was chocolate with dulce de leche filling. And the chocolate buttercream frosting is awesome! There wasn't any cake left! Our guests loved both cakes so I honestly can say that neither was better than the other. We HIGHLY recommend the Cake Guys for your wedding!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Alexis · Married on 06/21/2014

The cake was decorated beautifully and exceeded my expectations. The taste of the cake was phenomenal even though we picked the basic flavor "wedding cake". The cake was moist and it really didn't need the icing because it tasted to great!! The icing is an extra bonus!!!

Sent on 06/30/2014

The Cake Guys is a wonderful vendor that you should highly consider using for your special day! They are extremely flexible and love hearing your ideas! My husband and I both attended UT in Austin and we wanted the UT tower to be incorporated into the grooms cake! The Cake Guys sketched out a plan and worked with us and created the coolest cake I have ever seen! It was exactly what we had envisioned. The wedding cake was also exactly what I pictured! I went into one of their stores and picked things I liked from different cakes and asked the Cake Guys to put it together to make my own. They were once again very flexible and open to ideas. We got NUMEROUS compliments on both cakes. I would use the Cake Guys again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Morgan · Married on 06/21/2014

Thank you, Cake Guys! Our wedding cake, as well as groom's cake, was not only beautiful and exactly what we asked for, but also delicious! We had a wonderful experience picking out the flavors for our cake; they were all so amazing and fun to create. Our delivery was prompt, the cake was perfect and immaculate... the cakes were a hit!

Sent on 10/20/2014

I was at a wedding about 2 years ago and I always look forward to the cake since I am a dessert person. Typically I end up disappointed because it only looks good, but doesn't taste good. Well at this wedding where The Cake Guys were used I was so impressed with not only how it looked but more importantly the taste! I made my decision right then and there that when I got married they were the ones I was going to use! We got so many compliments on how exquisite the cakes looked and the taste! I was extremely happy with how they looked and tasted! We had cake leftover and brought it with us on a holiday weekend 3 weeks later and it was still very moist and delicious!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Kimberly · Married on 06/13/2014

My husband and I are so glad that we went with The Cake Guys! Their cake was absolutely outstanding and the best cake we have had out of all the weddings we have attended. Many people at our wedding, including our families loved our cake and told us that it was the best cake they have eaten.

We are truly grateful for this company. Last November, I had to cancel my wedding due to a seizure my father had the night before our wedding. At that point, we did not know if he was going to have to have emergency surgery, so we cancelled the wedding. It was a nightmare, and I was sure that my husband and I had lost out on having the wedding we wanted to have.
    We were able to find another date in June, and to our disbelief, The Cake Guys offered to do our wedding cakes without any extra charge. We are so happy with the company's professionalism and product. We loved our cake at our wedding so much, that we ate the topper! We just couldn't imagine freezing that much cake! (The wedding cake topper is a lot of cake!)
    Their prices for both a bridal and groom's cake were unbeatable for the quality of product and it was comforting to go with a company that does so many weddings and knows what they are doing.

We love The Cake Guys and plan on stopping by every so often for their slices of cakes. We will gladly use them for any other event we have or host that needs a cake! Please go with these guys for your cake, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Afton · Married on 05/24/2014

Both my wedding cake & groom cake were ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! The consultation/tasting, set-up & delivery could not have been more perfect. As a bride, time is of essence and stress is at its peak-I can honestly say I felt very assured and confident, all of which was provided by the CAKE GUYS; the entire process was a piece of cake! In addition, the CAKE GUYS provide the newlyweds with a nicely sealed box (with the bride's NEW last name) that included personal slices of cake to store away in the freezer for the 1st or 5th anniversary, late night snack, etc. THANK YOU CAKE GUYS for making my experience with you forever memorable!

Afton Aldama
    Jones/Aldama Wedding

Sent on 06/02/2014

I really loved this place definitively will go back our red velvet was delicious!
    Thank you Cake Guys for making it possible!!!!!!

Sent on 06/04/2014

I really love this place.Definitively will go back,our red velvet cake was delicious!
    Thank you Cake Guys for making it possible...

Sent on 06/04/2014