The Butterfly House Reviews

29 Reviews for The Butterfly House

Lindsay · Married on 05/31/2008

3.2
      0.0

The Butterfly House advertises that they will help you to coordinate your ceremony. They will help you during your ceremony and rehearsal. The garden is extremely beautiful, but is it worth $3,400 for one evening? Not really. They have tons of rules and restrictions and absolutely are not flexible. P.s. they have a horrible rain policy.

Sent on 08/07/2008

Antonette · Married on 11/26/2016

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

I have no complaints about the Butterfly House staff or set up. It's a pretty pricey place just for pictures, but there's ample opportunities for some very artist shots. I would advise potential reservists of the atrium the following considerations: staff is there for the butterflies not your comfort or clothing, they're still friendly and professional but the butterflies are their job; it's a tropical environment so be prepared for frizzy hair and foggy cameras; there is no lighting within the atrium and Missouri gets dark fast around the winter season; and, most importantly, advise any and all attenders about these facts before they arrive/participate so they know exactly what to expect which will limit communication/expectation issues. It's very embarrassing as the bride and reservist when your best man throws a loud temper-tantrum about his very expensive suit getting stained b/c an extremely polite and apologetic worker had to close a door on him to prevent the loss of a precious butterfly or lose her job. A resolution was reached quickly and without incident between the two (and me in the middle), but definitely made the bride blush harder for all the wrong reasons. Just avoid that with proper communication to your guests.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Abbey · Married on 10/16/2015

2.0

Beautiful venue but awful service. Had our wedding last Friday and although the location is beautiful the staff at the butterfly house were hard to deal with. When we initially chose the butterfly house we had met with one girl and the next time I emailed them asking questions and needing updates, she was no longer with the company and the email was sent back to me was a brush off and saying that they will not be my contact, Courtney from Russos (our caterer) will be the only one to contact. Well, ok thanks? So months go by and we heard nothing from them. Then we had to contact them a few weeks before the wedding so that we could get on the same page as them. They said that we were sent an email from Stephanie asking about our vendors etc. However we received nothing and barely got any sort of introduction to our coordinator. It was all just weird. So the day of the rehearsal comes and she Continues to tell everyone in my wedding party that shes "just the day of coordinator" and gave us attitude the entire wedding rehearsal and wedding day. If you don't like what you are doing for your job, find something else. You're giving the beautiful location a bad name and I would not recommend the butterfly house to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Nancy · Married on 10/10/2009

1.0
      0.5
      0.5

My ceremony was held at the Butterfly House in October 2009. We did not do the reception there (and I am very thankful we did not - all their rules were overwhelming enough for just the ceremony!).

In general, I have to comment on my disappointment dealing with The Butterfly House before the wedding. Working with the special events woman (I don't want to name names) was frustrating in the sense that she was unaccomodating, disorganized, and at one meeting downright rude to my mother.

Now, that being said, the wedding went off without a hitch. Our guests were so complimentary of the ceremony and the park and exhibits. It was great to have Faust Park's carousel and historic village right next door, so we did all the pictures there without having to drive elsewhere.

In total, my scoring reflects the working relationship prior to and during the event. If you can, try to work with the guy, not the lady. I only met him on the day of the event and he seemed very nice. If you have to work with the lady, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DOC TO HANDLE ISSUES WITH HER ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2010