The Burlap Elephant Events + Design Reviews

31 Reviews for The Burlap Elephant Events + Design

1 User photo

The Burlap Elephant Events + Design 1

Heather · Married on 05/27/2018

I had the most amazing wedding day and planning experience, all thanks to the ladies of The Burlap Elephant. I selected their partial planning services, but they certainly went above and beyond the package offerings and assisted throughout the entire length of my engagement. They had fantastic working relationship with our vendors, which you could certainly see on the day of our wedding. All details were perfectly executed and their professionalism and sincerity helped the wedding day move smoothly (all the while calming my nerves, too!) Unfortunately, we experienced pouring rain the day of our wedding, but Chloe and Katie were quick to develop a flawless rain plan that kept our venue gorgeous and all of our guests dry. Our big day was an absolute success thanks to The Burlap Elephant!!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Lisa · Married on 02/17/2018

Katie, Chloe and the entire Burlap Elephant team were a dream to work with. From the first conversation with Katie, I knew they were the right planner for us. We live in Florida, so the Burlap Elephant team made planning this destination wedding so much easier than expected. They are friendly, easy-going, problem-solving, calming and knowledgeable... My questions were always answered quickly, and they consistently anticipated my needs. Where they really excel are suggesting the right vendors and bringing to life the most perfect day! Their recommendations were on-point, and they have fantastic relationships with all the vendors we chose. Our wedding day turned out even better than we expected it to, thanks to The Burlap Elephant. Katie and Chloe exceeded my expectations in every way, making the process leading up to and the wedding day super easy, beautiful, fun and perfect. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

The Burlap Elephant Events + Design 2
    Sent on 03/15/2018

Lynne · Married on 04/23/2016

Katie and Chloe were great to work with and made our wedding day BEAUTIFUL! Charleston was a destination wedding for us so we worked from afar with TBE team and it really worked out well. They coordinated our amazing rehearsal dinner at the Macintosh and also our wedding at Lowndes Grove AND our after party at Fish. They suggested and worked with all the vendors (flowers/paper/rentals/tent/transportation, etc.) and made it seamless for us to literally just show up on our wedding weekend. TBE is professional and detail oriented and overall a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 02/28/2015

Rebecca from the Burlap Elephant was amazing! We used her for the partial planning service. We had over a year engagement and we hired her about 6 months before the big day. We had a lot of the big decisions made before hiring her such as the church, caterer and reception location. So when Rebecca came in she took her time to figure out what we'd done and what we needed to do. She also took the time to get to know us and figure out our styles and taste. She was there throughout the entire process, even from the tastings with our catering company. She also took care of all the rentals. This was a big help because rentals can be overwhelming. The most helpful thing she did was putting together the entire layout of the reception hall. We got married at Hibernian Hall in downtown Charleston, which is a large ballroom. I was concerned that it was going to look empty but Rebecca made it look absolutely perfect. She was there with the rental companies setting up at 10:00 am. She also helped the florist in putting everything where we planned. The week of the wedding she met with me and my Mom to get all the things we wanted at the reception (champagne flutes, wedding book, gifts etc). She made sure we got everything back the night of the wedding. I could go on and on about all the things she helped with. She made our wedding perfect and without her it would have been a very stressful event. I would recommend the Burlap Elephant to any of my friends getting married!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Amy · Married on 02/28/2015

I can not say enough good things about the job that Katie and the Burlap Elephant team did in ensuring that our wedding and everything leading up was flawless and way above our already high expectations. After selecting the William Aiken House as our wedding and reception venue a little more than a year out, we needed a local wedding coordinator who could guide us to the best local options, as we planned most of it from our hometown in New York City, and someone who could guide us along the whole process and keep us on track as we generally had little idea what we were doing. Katie came highly recommended from the venue and after a few phone interviews with local options we felt really confident and comfortable with Katie. Throughout the process she was extremely responsive to what seemed like hundreds of emails from my husband and I on items big and small, recommended great local vendors who did a fabulous job, and generally just made the whole process super easy and enjoyable. On the day she ensured that everything ran smoothly and did a great job in working with the venue staff in helping move our outdoor ceremony under cover when unexpected rain arrived shortly before our start time. I would highly recommend Katie and team to anyone planning a wedding or event

Sent on 07/25/2015

Suzi · Married on 10/24/2014

She rocks!! You will love the results. I literally couldn't picture anything better when I saw my venue for the first time.Thanks, Katie!

Sent on 03/29/2015
  • User4601981 · 2+ years ago

Katie (and the Burlap Elephant team) were amazing! My husband and I took advantage of the Full Event Production package, so Katie walked us through the planning process from Day 1 to Wedding Day. Katie took the time to get to know us - our style, priorities, and preferences. From start to finish, she listened to our ideas (even the ones that were not yet well-formed) and brought brilliant ideas of her own to the table. She was a true pro at working out the logistics and feasibility of implementing those ideas. She managed to strike the perfect balance between laid back and professional; and made the time to respond to every question we had along the way - no matter how big or small. Katie also connected us with wonderful vendors - venue, catering, cake, photography, transportation - and worked seamlessly with our preferred vendors (ceremony musician, reception DJ, printing). I think that perhaps the highest compliment I can give to the service we received from Burlap Elephant is this: our wedding day - the entire thing - was truly magical; if I could do it over again, I would not change a single thing. We were able to approach the day enjoying the company of our family and close friends, because we had full confidence (well-earned) that Katie had all of the details worked out. I've since recommended Katie to numerous friends and colleagues for event planning services - we genuinely could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/10/2014

The Burlap Elephant is extremely reliable and affordable when comparing to other event planners in the Charleston area. I was not only planning my wedding out of town but was a very clueless bride when it came to details regarding the layout and planning of a wedding. Katie with the Burlap Elephant was there by side through each step of the process and answered all of my questions. She was always polite, energetic, and had just enough authority to get things done effective and efficient but not enough to come across as rude. Katie also has an assistant, Rebecca, who was extremely sweet and helpful as well. On the day of my wedding, everything went smoothly and flawless. I couldn't of asked more of a fairy tale wedding. If something came up or was missing, they handled it with ease and ensured I always calm and not worries about anything. A bonus, Katie made sure the wedding party was served with booze and appetizers immediately after walking down the aisle. I heard so many horror stories of the bridal party never being able to taste their apps or even drink until they seat down for the wedding. This was not the case at all. I couldn't imagine having the wedding without the help of the Burlap Elephant.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Addison · Married on 07/12/2014

Katie was incredible! I was only looking for specific services in regards to wedding planning, and she created the perfect package for me, that was more than reasonable financially. She has a warm and friendly personality, which made it easy to work with her. I also feel that she was able to really understand the style I was going for with my wedding, and able to suggest ways to make my wishes a reality. She was one of my best resources, considering I was planning from out-of-town. I highly recommend this business for any type of wedding planning needs, whether it is full-service or partial packages.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Arielle · Married on 04/26/2014

We hired Katie and the ladies at Burlap Elephant for our wedding. We were planning the wedding from out of town, and Katie made the task so much easier and more fun. She always has great ideas and suggestions for whatever you need, and she's a joy to work with. Our wedding was beautiful, fun, and relaxed, and we owe so much of it to the Burlap Elephant!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Tyler · Married on 01/18/2014

My partner and I spoke with a few different Charleston-based planners before deciding to go with Katie at The Burlap Elephant, and we didn't regret our choice once.

A wedding can be daunting - particularly planning one from afar - but Katie was great about explaining the different vendors that were within our budget, and what each one brought to the table. She helped us put together a really beautiful event by paying close attention to the details that we wanted - sometimes before we even realized we wanted them! She really transformed our vision into reality in a way that was beyond what we could have hoped for.

Even though our budget wasn't the biggest, I felt like we were given super personal attention. Katie was super responsive, and very on top of every element of our wedding, and it's thank to her that the day came off without a hitch.

I would highly recommend her to anyone, and already have - she's planning a friend's wedding a few months from now, and a cousin's wedding in the fall!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Katie was a pleasure to work with. We are from out of town and Katie heloed us immensely with suggesting local vendors who were all perfect in creating the wedding that our daughter and her now husband had dreamt about. She was very accommodating in meeting with us during the year and her creativity in making our venue at Lowndes Grove a perfect setting was fun to be a part of. And the day of the wedding---it was so nice having Katie orchestrate the timing of events so as the mother of the bride I could enjoy my guests and not worry! A year later our friends still say it was the best wedding they have ever attended! So------thanks Katie and the burlap elephant !

Sent on 12/10/2014

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2013

One of my favorite vendors out of my entire wedding was The Burlap Elephant, in particular, working with Rebecca.

As someone in the Event Management industry, I knew that I wanted to handle most of the pre-planning on my own, but be able to really enjoy the day, hence why I chose to contact TBE.

Rebecca was my day of coordinator, and let me just say, she handled more than just "day of." She was so organized, detailed, and level-headed when it came to both pre and day of execution. She ensured all vendors arrived promptly, the smallest of details were finalized, all with a smile on her face.

I could go on and on about TBE's professionalism, innovation, and organizational skills. Do yourself a favor - work with TBE!

Sent on 10/24/2013
  • Collin

Collin · Married on 10/12/2013

Katie Poole and the entire Burlap Elephant team are absolutely amazing. Katie really listens to your ideas and helps you capture everything that you want for your special day. Before choosing Katie, we met with 4 other wedding planners in Charleston, and none of them compared to her. She is so personable, friendly, creative, and open minded (really I could on). My fiancé and I went with Katie to a few wedding rental places so that she could get a sense of our style - within 5 minutes she completely got our vision. I liked the element of surprise, so once I knew Katie understood our vision, I let her completely take over... and that was the BEST decision ever! She is so professional and knows what she's doing. I had the most stress-free wedding and that is all due to Katie (and I've been in a LOT of weddings, so I know wedding stress).

Katie is very responsive to emails/phone calls/texts, and she is always willing to discuss plans or ideas. She made our wedding planning so fun. Every single person at our wedding had the time of their lives - mostly due to The Burlap Elephant. PLEASE go with Katie & her team, you will not be sorry. She can do full scale planning or day of - really whatever you need. She's also very conscious of budgets, and can figure out ways to make your dreams a reality - in your budget! Just a note, we got married at The William Aiken House.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Sara · Married on 10/05/2013

Amazing! Couldn’t have done it without Katie and her assistant! They really turned my vision into my dream wedding, and didn’t miss a detail! She is organized, has helpful tips, keeps you budget, and took care of all the details so I could relax and enjoy my day. The wedding was perfect and I received so many compliments about the décor and set-up. Katie was quick to respond to all emails and coordinated all vendors and contracts for me. She was definitely one of my favorite vendors and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Beautifully done !

The Burlap Elephant did a lovely job every step of the way for my wedding!

My mother and I interviewed several other wedding planners in Charleston. When we met Katie and her team we both knew immediately that we wanted them to do the wedding!

You can tell that Katie and her team really enjoy their job! They are creative ,organized and very supportive of a nervous bride and her mom. ( that was so important to me )
    When my younger sister gets married she's already decided to use them ..

My guests were so impressed with the way everything looked ... The word was "stunning"

The Burlap Elephant is wonderful ... Call them !

Sent on 01/22/2014

Dana · Married on 04/27/2013

Katie was indispensable in helping us plan and organize our wedding from long distance. She started by helping us find a location that was suitable for our vision then offered suggestions for various vendors that we could review. When we visited town 11 months prior to our wedding she had arranged meetings/tastings with almost all our vendors over the course of 2-3 days. By the time we left, we were confident in our vendors and all that was left was tidying up details over the following months. Katie stayed on top of timelines with reminders for save the dates, invitations, and finalizing contracts. The day of the wedding was absolutely stress-free knowing Katie was monitoring everything and all we and our families had to do was enjoy!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Corbin · Married on 04/13/2013

Working with Katie was amazing!!! She helped with everything from my website to wedding invitations to the dress and venue decisions. Her creativity made my day unique and special. She was always available to help and was essential in dealing with all of the vendors. Of upmost importance was the attention detail and coordination necessary to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 12/22/2013

We hired Katie at The Burlap Elephant to provide day-of coordination for our wedding, but she was a friend, therapist, designer, and much more throughout the entire planning process. She offered suggestions and recommendations to help keep us on theme and budget, introduced us to Charleston vendors, and directed wedding weekend chaos with a calm smile. My husband and I were able to enjoy the wedding festivities, knowing that Katie had the schedule firmly under control. When the boat we scheduled for our exit didn't arrive (and the vendor didn't bother to call to let her know), Katie handled the situation quickly and with grace. With a piece of wedding cake and a glass of wine, she convinced a local boater to sail us away and save the moment! We were thrilled with The Burlap Elephant and would recommend Katie again and again!

Sent on 09/26/2013
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/18/2012

I loved working with Katie! We started working with her after accomplishing nothing with our previous wedding planner. We emailed Katie a few days before we traveled to Charleston and during our stay, which was a little less than a week, we found a venue, had a tasting with a caterer, and met with two people regarding stationary! She's amazing!

Sent on 09/06/2013

From out of town needed a day of planner to help facilitate the events but the as the planning was taking place I realized the reception venue was going through catering managers like water. After the first two managers I had been dealing with "vanished" I asked for additional help and Katie and Carrie came through big time. I have worked with event planers in the past and can say they were fantastic. So glad I retained them for the event.

Sent on 12/17/2014

June · Married on 11/09/2013

Katie was fantastic to work with. She coordinated our meetings around my work schedule and was willing to do as much or as little as I wanted, planning-wise. She made sure even the smallest details of the wedding were perfect. I could always count on her giving honest, helpful advice and knew the end result would turn out great.

Sent on 03/12/2014

Katie executed all of my ideas for our wedding flawlessly. She was able to bring my visions into effect and we connected very much both creatively and personally.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Kate · Married on 01/18/2014

My husband and I are so thrilled with the service we received from The Burlap Elephant. I'm from Charleston, but currently not living in town, so I was really having trouble planning from afar. In the beginning I worked with Katie. I contacted many planners in the area, but Katie made me feel the most at ease and was very upfront about working within our budget. I appreciated her honesty when it came to costs, different vendors, venues, etc. She is very knowledgable and has great style! In my early planning stages she helped set up meeting with different vendors and was available by telephone and email. There were a few times when I felt it took her a while to respond, but I know it was during her busiest season, so I would not say it was neglect on her part.

From about 4 months out I started working with my day of planner, Rebecca, who was absolutely amazing. She was super professional, upbeat, and always on top of her game. She worked well with my mother when I was out of town and always kept me informed about what was going on through e-mail. She truly went above and beyond and the day of our wedding everything went very smoothly and I did not have to worry about any of the details. She constantly checked in on us at the wedding, grabbing my husband and I drinks, making sure we actually ate, and telling us when we had to do certain things. Rebecca is absolutely fantastic and I will miss working with her!

In general, I would say I am quite pleased with The Burlap Elephant. They understood my vision, helped me achieve it with stylish, yet budget friendly options, and had great advice. I would definitely recommend them, especially Rebecca, if you are planning your big day in Charleston!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Heather · Married on 06/03/2011

Katie is the perfect blend of creative and professional. She will help you realize your vision and can make magic out of small budgets. This is a testament to a good designer and planner. She has ideas for small personal touches that you can't always buy. I would definitely use her again.

Sent on 10/18/2011