49 Reviews for Buffalo Launch Club

House Liquor (1)
Centerpieces (1)
Furniture (1)
China (1)

The Buffalo Launch Club was absolutely the perfect place for our daughter's wedding! The Wedding and Event Planner, Catherine was amazing! She promised from the start that on the day of the rehearsal and day of the wedding she would handle everything an deliver on all our plans. She did that and more! The guests commented on how impressed they were that everything was absolutely perfect... Catherine and her staff were professional, caring, prepared and delivered above and beyond our expectations! Her calm demeanor and attention to every detail kept every thing moving on time and executed perfectly. The food was delicious and hot and the staff was ready immediately to replenish the buffet before any tray was empty. The wedding ceremony by the Lighthouse was breathtaking and a beautiful setting. Guests really enjoyed having the opportunity to enjoy the outdoor patio and beautiful view! This location is an absolute gem and excellent value and we highly recommend everyone to consider this location for your wedding - you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User7083515, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

BLC was wonderful to work with! On our first meeting with Catherine in May we fell in love with the club and felt right at home. We were well researched and compared several venues however what stood out was that at the first meeting I knew Catherine wanted to make sure we had our dream day. Catherine has been wonderful since my first phone call inquiring about the club. She was poised, professional and accommodating every step of the way, everything a planning bride would hope to work with. My bridesmaids commented on how organized and professional she was on the day of the wedding, coordinating the transitions of the night and the last minute switch to performing the ceremony indoor due to rain.
My guests were raving about the delicious food and the beautiful venue. Our vendors commented on how pleasant and helpful the staff was. I honestly can not find one thing I wish had been different. I would recommend BLC to anyone looking to host their wedding or any banquet event

Profile Picture User5175207, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning

We had our wedding at BFC this year. Our outdoor wedding was rained on and one day before the ceremony, our reception venue changed things up to host our ceremony as well. This was done at no extra charge to us. Catherine, the event coordinator was there every step of the way and helped us rehearse with all of these changes. Chair covers, sashes, napkin, and basic centerpieces are provided at no extra cost and our centerpieces were set up for us which eliminated SO much on our "to do" list.
We were so happy with this venue. The food was delicious and the staff were SO friendly and responsive to our needs. I recommend this venue for any occasion. Thank you again to BFC for making our wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Our wedding at the Buffalo Launch Club was amazing! They were very organized and easy to communicate with by phone or email. They were very accommodating to all of our needs. We had our ceremony outside by the lighthouse, and speakers were provided by the Launch Club to play our music. They also provided docks so we were able to be brought in by boat. I provided pictures for our candy display, place cards, center pieces, and cigar bar and each table was set up perfectly as I had imagined. We had the buffet dinner, and all of our guests raved about the food! The Buffalo Launch Club was perfect for every guest, whether they wanted to be on the dance floor dancing to the band, relaxing outside with a cigar, or just strolling through the grounds checking out the scenery. The Buffalo Launch Club provides a great outdoor backdrop for photos. I would highly recommend the Buffalo Launch Club for any occasion!!

Profile Picture Jackie, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Catherine has been amazing through the entire planning process. She has researched any request I have made that would be out of the normal and done whatever was possible to fulfill all requests. Chef Will was most accommodating with our menu and was willing to listen to the style and meal choices I preferred and created an offering exactly as I wanted.

I'll update again with more details after! wedding.

Profile Picture Kylie, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married in June of 2015. We had looked at several venues in the WNY area, and were not thrilled with the options. We wanted a venue on the water, and had heard from a friend about the Buffalo Launch Club. We knew from the minute we walked in that this was the place for us. The ceremony by the lighthouse, overlooking the water and boats was the perfect backdrop! It was great to pick a venue that has everything you need on site as well. We didn't have to rent chair covers, linens, decorations, etc. We just picked out what we wanted, and didn't have to worry about it. Catherine, the banquet manager, was very professional and precise. She executed our ideas and plans precisely, and made us feel at ease, which is a major advantage for any bride! The food was fantastic as well, which is always a big concern for couples planning a wedding. We really have no complaints, and wish we could relive the day all over again. I hope to plan another special occasion there in the near future!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I am extremely pleased! Everything was great. They are very organized, flexible, kind, caring, easy to work with. They do it all for you. The waitresses and bartenders were fantastic. Our ceremony was to be outside by the lighthouse with the river view but because of the weather we made a last minute call to go inside. The ceremony was perfect, very intimate! There are not enough words to express how pleased we are with BLC! I highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture Christine, 8/16/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chris and his team were amazing. Very attentive to our needs. Made sure everything ran smooth while we enjoyed our night. Food was awesome and the room looked beautiful.

Profile Picture Jarett, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First of all the setting was just beautiful. Waitress, bartender, etc were exceptional. Never a problem.They let us come in early to do our set up and primping and were very courteous. The food was excellent, nice to hear our guests complimenting everything. We had a cocktail reception setup and so glad we did as we couldn't of asked for more. Very impressed. Would definitely have another affair there. Thank you Buffalo Launch Club for a job WELL DONE!!!

Profile Picture Janine, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chris Swiatek, and the rest of the staff at the Buffalo Launch Club were truly professional and provided us with an unforgettable experience on our perfect day! My wife and I could not have been any happier, or more satisfied with everything the Launch Club did for us!! Very Highly Recommended!!!

Profile Picture David, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Buffalo Launch Club really made our wedding perfect! The manager was excellent; he was so helpful and accommodating. He always returned my emails in a very timely fashion. I sent him multiple emails (sometimes more than 2 a day) with little questions about the menu, venue, etc., and he made sure to answer each email and my questions. He was flexible with our requests which was great. My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect experience. Everything ran so smoothly at the club, and throughout the night of the reception, they made sure to check in with my husband and I to see that everything was going well. The food was incredible; everyone raved about it! I have to eat gluten-free, along with a few of our guests, and the club made sure to accommodate us all. In addition to the manager, the staff members were amazing. I left detailed notes with how I wanted my decorations to be set up, and they took their time and paid astute attention to my notes. Their care for creating "my vision" was so touching to me. They also took care of all of our decorations after the reception was over so we didn't have to stay and clean up; we were able to pick up our belongings the next day or two. That was such a relief and allowed us to continue having a great night! I really can't speak highly enough of the Buffalo Launch Club; I could go on and on. Being right on the water for my "Cape Cod" themed wedding was perfect. I highly highly recommend this venue for any bride and groom!

Profile Picture User3418923, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about my wedding reception was perfect. It surpassed all my ideas and expectations. The service and food was amazing and the their professionalism was top of the line.

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/17/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about this venue was perfect! The room looked stunning, the food was fabulous, and the service was unbelievable!! I can't thank the Buffalo Launch Club, and Sigmund (event manager) enough for making my wedding such an amazing day! Everyone had a great time! I highly recommend this venue for any wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, or other event!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/15/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Launch club was absolutely amazing! During the time that we booked our reception the head manager left the company. The prices that we were promised were kept, and all the extras the previous manager gave us were kept as well.. even though the launch club had set their prices higher. Sigmond head of banquets was absolutely wonderful. He was very professional, organized and really crafted our vision of a beautiful reception. Sigmond made a floor plan chart of a layout and timing schedule of our whole reception and followed it to a tee. At the reception, Sigmond even went to all of the tables to check on guests to see if everything was to their liking. Besides outstanding service, the food was absolutely scrumptious! I don't think i found one plate that had food left over when my husband and i were visiting with the guests. The staff did such a wonderful job decorating the place too. Beforehand, we were provided decor from the launch club that we could play with to make sure the decor was to our liking. When we were set on our table decor, we took a a picture and sent the photo to Sigmond to pass on to the staff. The launch club staff decorated the tables just beautifully, and followed our table design perfectly. The staff were also very helpful during clean up.

Our folks arranged for my husband and i to be presented with Kimchi prior to dinner. (we taught in Korea the year prior) Sigmond handed the kimchi to the chef and he cooked up an authentic Korean dish. It was a very special touch to our wedding that was presented beautifully.

We had the whole reception space to ourselves (minus the restaurant for launch club members) and were able to stay as late as we wanted. My husband and i left earlier of course, but the party went to 2am.

I can not recommend the Buffalo Launch Club enough! Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Profile Picture Kyla, 10/27/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The whole night was perfect. The food was great, the staff was wonderful and helpful. We loved the atmosphere inside. I love the setup they have for the entrance, dance floor, bar, and seating area for dinner. Everything was well organized, couldn't have asked for a better location and service.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am beyond thrilled that I was able to have my reception at this venue. When I walked in it was absolutely beautiful. The staff had gone above and beyond to make my dreams come true. I even asked for hanging lights and they did them for me! The view is BEYOND AMAZING. The boats at night on the water were breathtaking and there are windows all along the dining room. perfect. The staff served dinner timely and I didn't even notice them cleaning up until it was done! The bar staff were so nice and i was only drinking water because i was dancing so much and they had a glass of water waiting for me whenever i came over. great space!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/9/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Buffalo Launch Club was a great place for our ceremony and reception. Catherine was great to work with, and very reasonable in terms of what they charged compared to what other places wanted to charge us. In terms of responsiveness, she would get back to us within 2 business days of any questions we had, and was willing to let us walk the grounds a couple of times in order to get a sense of what was needed. I would definitely recommend to any bride and groom!

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Clean Up, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations

The Buffalo Launch Club was the greatest choice of all. They were soo accomedating and anything I needed they were right there to help. It was beautiful outside and the grounds are great for pictures! They had one rate to have the ceremony and reception on grounds and it was very reasonable!

Profile Picture Hilary, 8/29/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Catherine and the Buffalo Launch Club staff were extremely accommodating. She was willing to customize our package to best fit the need of our guests and made sure to catch all the details/ take care of set up for our entire day. All of the food provided was delicious, warm and served at a timely manner. The ceremony by the lighthouse was beautiful and the reception ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend this Venue and Catherine!

Profile Picture Cassie, 8/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar

We worked with Timothy and Katie for our wedding reception. Katie was by far the best person to handle our wedding and she kept everything running smoothly during the night. Tim was also there and kept a watchful eye on all events. We were very happy with BLC service and would absolutely recommend this location to anyone!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After a few turnovers and a little worry, I began to work with Sig! He was great, made sure the wedding was awesome and made sure our guests were enjoying themselves. The venue was so beautiful and I was super happy with them :)

Profile Picture User2555359, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were SO happy with the Buffalo Launch Club! We were married outside by the lighthouse and had dinner inside for 180 people. Lisa & Jim are very helpful - although (caveat!) each time we went (tours, tasting) they had another party or bride to attend to. This meant that we were not given undivided attention, but all things considered - we were very happy!

The ceremony site was flawlessly beautiful. Inside, we were able to work with them on placements for everything (gift table, etc). When we were shopping for venues, we found that some places are not flexible on this. It was a comfort to know that we could have it "just so."

The food was spectacular. I'm a vegetarian (as are some of our friends/family) and they let us have a tofu meal option. As a 13-year veteran, I'll tell you that it was the best tofu I have ever eaten! The fact that they were so flexible and creative with the food really made me feel "at home" on my wedding day. That feeling was priceless. Our family and friends loved the other meal options (salmon, chicken, and steak) and, for what you got, everything was really affordable. Not to mention - the servers were very fast, professional, and helpful.

Even though it was raining in the AM on our wedding day, Jim had people outside wiping down the chairs - so we still had our beautiful wedding. It was absolutely perfect and a lovely end to a stressful year of balancing work, grad school, and wedding planning! The staff at the BLC were really key in pulling everything off.

Little tip - you might want to consider doing something we did with our photographer. The BLC is on East River Road and a cross street on East River is "Love Rd." We took our photographer down the road (right after the ceremony) and took some shots of just the two of us under the "Love Road" sign. We just pulled over on the side of the road - so you should be mindful of the cars! :) The Grand Island bridge is in the background, the sun was shining, and the photos look really hip & modern. Just a thought. :)

Profile Picture Julienne, 8/19/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Buffalo Launch Club was wonderful and I am so happy with the choice to have my reception there. They listened to everything I wanted and made the place look even more beautiful than I could have asked for. Jim was so accommodating and easy going and Lisa put everything together wonderfully. Very good food and service!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/13/10, 5 Reviews
4.7

I didn't originally book here but when I got bumped from my original venue just 16 days before the wedding the Launch Club really stepped up. They did their best to try to match the prices of my original venue and offer similar things. The staff was so prepared and professional - everything they did was gorgeous and they thought of everything. The food was absolutely delicious, I have received so many compliments on it. Also Megan the wedding coordinator was very responsive and flexible. You will have a beautiful wedding if you book here.

Profile Picture Deena, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews