The Brookwood Community Reviews

69 | Brookshire, TX

69 Reviews for The Brookwood Community

Brookwood is a beautiful, very affordable wedding venue. On top of that, their food is fabulous! I don't think you can find a better wedding venue for the money. Thanks, Brookwood!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Anne · Married on 07/13/2013

My daughter's had a morning wedding ceremony at Brookwood Community Worship Center, with the wonderful help of wedding coordinator Elise. She was very kind and patient, and helped us every step of the way. Elise made sure we were able to get into the chapel at a time to accomodate the makeup and hair appointments early the morning of the ceremony. The bride's room was very clean and spacious with great lighting and mirrors. The ceremony was beautiful and was just what the bride and groom wanted. The chapel is so beautiful, you really don't need to add much in the way of flowers or decorations. We were very pleased with the decision to use Brookwood and definitely recommend it, and especially Elise!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2013

I recently had my wedding at the Brookwood Community and had an amazing experience. After looking at a few other venues in the Katy area, Brookwood not only had the look I wanted but the price I wanted too. A few other places cost thousands of dollars simple to reserve the place and cover landscaping. Brookwood was one of the cheaper venues I found ,and the money goes back into the community to help their residents. My coordinator was Jerri and she did a fabulous job. Lots of helpful ideas and always returned any emails or phone calls. The look of the day was wonderful and I couldn't have imagined my day going any better. Brookwood is very well known for their fabulous lunch, my guests didn't know Brookwood could look so lovely at night. The place really did transform into a ballroom. Also I cannot leave out the food. Chef Laura dd an amazing job during my tasting and the day of the ceremony. Be prepared to be hungry the day of your tasting, its not a sample ,its a full meal! And was delicious which made decieion to be more difficult. The food at the ceremony was also amazing and we had many compliments. Chef Laura even came out of the kitchen to make sure everything was to my liking and that I was happy with the service. Very prefssional and friendly. I really enjoyed working with the whole staff at Brookwood and they gave me an amazing wedding experience.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Barbara · Married on 06/01/2013

Brookwood is a beautiful place to have wedding and to have photos taken. The fact that Brookwood Community serves such a well deserved population and that the money spent there goes to support these services, was the driving factor in our decision to have our daughters wedding and reception there.

They are inclusive in their services. They provided everything except the cake and flowers, but offered many outstanding vendors to choose from. The wedding planner, who is an employee of Brookwood, that we worked with was outstanding in offering suggestions, being available and walking us through every step of preparation and wedding day.

Everyone who attended was very impressed with the setting and the food.

Truly cannot say enough good things about our whole experience with the people of Brookwood.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Kylie · Married on 05/11/2013

The Brookwood Community was so beautiful and everyone loved the food!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Alaina · Married on 04/06/2013

We cannot say enough about Brookwood! It was an absolutely fabulous place to have our wedding! I was very proud to have my wedding there. Brookwood has such a special feel. The chapel and grounds were stunning and a great place for pictures! Elise was our wedding coordinator and she handled everything flawlessly. She has a wonderful eye for detail. The garden ballroom was amazing and the food was a huge hit! All of our guests were blown away and can't stop talking about Brookwood! No other venue we looked at compares to Brookwood!! Thank you Elise for making our day so special!!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Brookwood was the perfect place to have our wedding. They have a wonderful mission and provide excellent service. We would not hesitate to recommend Brookwood to other people!

Sent on 06/05/2014

The venue was lovely, all the details were attended to promptly, and the staff was a joy to work with...it was the perfect place for a wedding and I had so many compliments from friends who attended.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Cynthia · Married on 12/29/2012

This mother of the beautiful bride cannot recommend Brookwood more highly. The only thing more fun and perfect than planning the Brookwood ceremony and reception was actually enjoying the Brookwood ceremony and reception. Alise and the entire Brookwood team surpassed all expectations - no detail was overlooked - outstanding food and presentation, lighting, sound - they know it all and overlooked no little detail. We didn't want the party to end. Thanks, Brookwood.
    Cindy - Wedding - 12/29/2013.

Sent on 03/17/2013

We have received many compliments on how wonderful our wedding was.Everything from our wedding was perfect and we could not have chosen a better place to have gotten married.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2012

When my mom first suggested that we should get married at Brookwood, I was not very interested. I finally agreed to meet with the coordinator to make my mom happy, and it was the absolute best decision I made in all of my wedding planning. The facilities are gorgeous, the food is beyond delicious, and the cost of the wedding goes to support an incredible ministry. The night was absolutely perfect, and we got many compliments about it being one of the nicest weddings our guests had ever been to and had the best food. I also love that my husband and I can go out to Brookwood for a lunch date or to shop for beautiful gifts to continue to support such an amazing place.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Eric · Married on 11/10/2012

Best place in Houston and surrounding areas to get married at. Absolutely beautiful church and reception venue. Everyone was extremely accommodating and made the hectic day run smoothly. If you choose to get married anywhere else other than the Brookwood Community you're wasting your time, sanity, and money. 5 STAR service all around. Could not have asked for a better Wedding Day.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Kate · Married on 09/08/2012

We cannot compliment Brookwood enough. It was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding. The people at Brookwood are PHENOMENAL - so caring, responsive, creative, and fun! The setting is beautiful and the chapel is gorgeous!! Brookwood is an amazing community and I highly recommend it as a wedding venue.

Brookwood is a community for adults with disabilities. My aunt lives out there and Brookwood has been such a special place to my family. My husband and I were honored to share this special place with our friends and family. Our guests are still going on and on about our big day. Everyone was so impressed with Brookwood.

First of all, Brookwood is beautiful! It is set back in Brookshire, Texas away from the hustle and bustle of Houston. There are beautiful trees covering the property - great for pictures! And the chapel is stunning! You must go visit and see it for yourself!

The food at our reception was to die for! Brookwood has the most amazing chef who has tons of options for you to choose from and is happy to work with you and create a menu that is perfect for you. One of the hits at our wedding was the avocado bar that allowed guests to top an avocado with toppings of their choice - everyone loved it!

Third, the staff at Brookwood is unbeatable. You will never work with people like this anywhere else. They are incredible - caring, interested, attentive, responsive, creative, and so fun to work with. I, personally, was not the biggest fan of wedding planning :) but working with the staff at Brookwood made wedding planning fun! They are so creative and just want to make your day perfect. The big day went flawlessly - all because of the amazing staff out at Brookwood.

Cannot recommend Brookwood enough. Go visit and take a look for yourself. You will be so happy you did :)

Sent on 04/16/2013

Nancy · Married on 09/08/2012

My daughter was married in the Brookwood Chapel on September 8, 2012. Everything was absolutely perfect! The grounds were beautiful and the Chapel makes the perfect setting for an intimate ceremony and celebration!

Sent on 11/12/2013

The staff at Brookwood did a fabulous job and the food was excellent! We could not have been more pleased. They took care of everything making the event worry free.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Alyssa · Married on 08/04/2012

I would highly recommend Brookwood for a wedding ceremony and reception venue!

- The chapel and grounds are absolutely beautiful. They have a truly unique feel, something that you want your wedding to feel like-- its not a wedding factory.

- The reception area is absolutely elegant and can be made to fit any style: from the wrought iron chandeliers, gigantic windows and doors that open the garden and water fall. I have not seen a more picturesque venue.

- THE FOOD ROCKS! Chef Laura is extremely talented and creative. Her food is delicious (we have eaten there many times besides our wedding)! We had "surf and turf"at our reception- fillets and shrimp with mashed potatoes and green beans. It was extremely high quality and our guests were raving. Laura is also open to new ideas and is passionate about providing a great experience. We had our rehearsal dinner the night before at McCormick and Schmicks Seafood and Steak... Brookwood was a fierce competitor on taste and quality and came out ahead of a well known restaurant.

- The staff at Brookwood makes the wedding experience. Jerri is a wonderful person to work with. She has energy, enthusiasm and is FUN! Elise is also wonderful and full of good ideas. The excellent staff at Brookwood extends to the service and kitchen staff. They did a spectacular job (at our wedding and our tasting)! There is nothing that is more irritating than a poor quality service staff-- not the case at Brookwood. Tammy was my favorite!

If you want a truly beautiful, unique, well-managed wedding venue-- Brookwood is the perfect place in Houston!

This is not just my personal bias-- my guests have commented on all of these things too!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Lynne · Married on 08/04/2012

The Brookwood event coordinators were wonderful to work with. Everything went smoothly. The chapel and ballroom were beautiful. The food and service were excellent. It was a perfect evening with no stress!

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 05/26/2012

Working with Brookwood was wonderful. Elise and Jerry were so professional, on the ball, and flexible. They helped make my big day absolutely perfect. Best of all, any profit Brookwood made from our wedding helps fund scholarships for the Brookwood citizens. I would highly recommend this venue to others!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Kay · Married on 05/26/2012

Dramatic ceiling beams and beautiful stained glass in chapel need little embellishment-venue offers ferns and votives in their wedding package. Garden view from reception area is exquisite. Food was wonderful. Wedding coordinator, Elise, was professional and beyond helpful!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Kim · Married on 05/19/2012

Brookwood is not only a beautiful venue but one that of excels in quality and care. Where else can you find a stained glass chapel that is not just a venue but is really a church. Where else are you guaranteed beautiful grounds all year round? Elise Ashey, our coordinator, treated us as if we were the only event she had. She happily answered questions, dealt quickly with concerns and genuinely cared. We opted for a formal, sit-down dinner and she and her staff did a phenomenal job making sure all ran smoothly! And the food! Chef Laura and her staff did an amazing job! Many comments were made on how delicious it was.
    Several guest made the remark that they had dreaded "wedding food" but now wanted more! As you can see we were extremely please with our Brookwood experience.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Abby · Married on 12/18/2011

Brookwood is the most fantastic, caring, flexible, hospitable and beautiful wedding venue. We used the cite for our ceremony and reception. The staff go above and beyond from start to finish. Let them tell you their story. By having your wedding at Brookwood, you not only are investing in an ideal experience and lifelong memories for your wedding, but you are investing in a ministry that serves special needs adults who are neglected and undervalued. Everyone you encounter at Brookwood embodies absolute selfless love.

You just might fall in love with the whole community. Give. And give generously.

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • F

Erin · Married on 10/01/2011

I attended a wedding at Brookwood Community and was absolutely stunned by the beauty and excellence of service from the ceremony to the reception. It was like a slice of heaven on earth. I understand that the proceeds from the wedding go to underwrite the community where 200 adults with disabilities live and work....it exceeded my expectations in every way. To think that not only could you have the most elegant wedding in this part of the country, but that the money they spent went to support the people of the community makes it a "win-win".
    The food...was over the top. I was concerned about the drive...coming from the Galleria area, however, I will never miss a wedding there. It only took 30 minutes to get there and 0 minutes to park! Even if you do not have a chance to attend a wedding there...go eat lunch and have a tour.
    Amazing Place where Amazing GRACE abounds!

Sent on 01/21/2012
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 07/10/2011

The Brookwood Community is the perfect place to get married! Brookwood has a beautiful worship center, a very helpful staff, and a great cause. I would recommend it to anyone! My husband and I's wedding day ran as smoothly as possible.

Sent on 08/06/2011

Rachel · Married on 05/21/2011

We celebrated our wedding at Brookwood on May 21, 2011 and LOVED every minute of it!!! So did our guests. The chapel was beautiful (the acoustics are pretty much amazing), the Cafe transformed into the Garden Ballroom at night was stunning! The Brookwood staff are accommodating, professional and attentive to even the most minute detail. We also must mention that Chef Laura is a culinary genius -- we've received many comments along the lines of, "This is the best wedding food we've ever tasted!"

Thank you Travis, Elise and Brookwood staff for a night that would exceed every bride's dream ... even with only 46 days to plan the entire wedding!

God bless you as you bless many more brides and grooms.

Rachel and Jordan Thomas

Sent on 05/23/2011

Sarah · Married on 11/20/2010

Brookwood went above and BEYOND in making our wedding day absolutely flawless. We were married in November 2010, and our friends are still talking about the incredible food, gorgeous venue and impecable service. We chose the Brookwood Community as our wedding venue because we knew that we would be helping people with special needs. Brookwood is a God-centered, non-profit community for adults with special needs and it was a joy giving to this wonderful organization. Brookwood holds a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 06/05/2011