32 Reviews for The Brides' Project

Jewelry (1)
Shoes (1)
Veils (1)
32 The Brides' Project Reviews

My daughter and I were so impressed with the staff at The Bride's Project. They were very helpful, responsive and understood our needs. She found a dress that looks lovely on her. We were very happy with the whole experience. I don't know why anyone would not check out The Bride's Project before buying a wedding gown. You can save money while supporting a worthwhile cause.

Profile Picture Linda, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to The Bride's Project twice and had a great experience each time. There is a good selection of dresses and accessories, but you'd also need a bit of luck and possibly a few trips as new dresses arrive all the time. The first visit I did not end up finding my dress but my friend did! She found a beautiful lace dress for $600, and it was exactly what she was looking for. Inspired by my friend's find, I decided to go by myself the second time. I found my dress! A beautiful Mori Lee dress for $650 ($734 with tax) (I looked online afterwards and the original cost was $1551). The staff and volunteers were so nice and attentive, they were always available to help bring dresses and to take pictures for me, they went above and beyond. The prices can't be beat, and it is for a great cause so it's a win-win. Something to keep in mind is that most dresses will require dry cleaning and some alterations as the dresses are off the rack, so that will be an addition of $150-200+ for dry cleaning, and more for alterations. The Bride Project referred me to someone for the dry cleaning and alterations, and she's a great lady too!

Profile Picture Vivian, 9/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The volunteers at the Bride's Project definitely made my shopping excursion a stress free and easy process. They were knowledgeable about their stock, about what alterations could be done to different dresses to make them more in line with my vision for my dress, and at the end of my hour appointment were as happy as my mother and I were to have found my dress. This self-serve, non-commission, warm and welcoming environment was exactly what I hoped it would be and I'm so happy that the money I spent on my dress will go to help people struggling to survive their fight with cancer. I will be telling everyone about this great shop and my wonderful experience there.

Profile Picture User5383548, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils, Appts. Only

I was so happy with my experience at Brides Project. It was recommended by a friend who also got her dress there.
During the appointment I felt so comfortable - it was low pressure, which is a huge deal for me.
I tried on a ton of dresses and found one that was awesome. The bonus, the price was right and I got to feel good about where the money from the dress went.

Profile Picture User5480754, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to about 5 bridal salons while I was dress shopping ranging from low to high end and The Bride's Project was by far my favourite shop that I visited. The ladies at the shop were amazingly helpful and I never once felt pressured like I did at some of the other salons that I visited in the Toronto area. The volunteers are always available to help you zip up, bring you an accessory or give you an opinion on potential alterations. I ended up finding the most beautiful, affordable and completely 'me', dress here and I can't wait for my fiancée to see me in it in a few short weeks! My experience at the Brides' Project was so memorable and my mom and I had so much fun, I can't recommend making an appointment at this shop enough! As a bride who is actually pretty uncomfortable with the whole mega-commercialization of weddings, this shop was a breath of fresh air. I loved that the dresses were pre-owned or donated from salons and affordable and that many of them come from happy brides who have worn the dress once before and have attached a beautiful note to the new owner. The whole experience was such a delight and I can't wait to share pictures from my wedding with them!

Profile Picture User4737776, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Finding The Bride's Project was a dream! Not only did I feel warmly welcomed and comfortable as soon as I walked in for my appointment, I also really appreciated the work that The Bride's Project and their volunteers do to help women get outfitted for one of the happiest days of her life!

I didn't feel any pressure to make a decision and felt free to be as adventurous or conservative as I wanted in my dress choices. I ended up finding the dress at my first appointment and was thrilled with my choice. I even met the lovely Pom Penner who altered my dress and made it fit perfectly!

Profile Picture User6113998, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns, Bride

Both my bride and I purchased our dresses here and found dresses that we loved! Alterations were minimal and the atmosphere of the place was friendly. The self-serve approach was refreshing. We love the idea of helping such a good cause with our purchases and will be donating both of our dresses back for some future brides! They also recommended a delightful seamstress, Pom Penner, whom we both used. Her work was excellent and very reasonably priced. She handled everything including the dry-cleaning.

Profile Picture Tammy, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Appts. Only

Found my dress at the brides' project. There were a lot more options than I expected, more my style than those found in bridal salons. Make sure you read the rules before you go they are pretty strict.

Profile Picture User4771104, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I visited the Bride's Project twice - once to look for a dress (which I did not find here) and once to look for a veil (which I did purchase here). The volunteers were all super friendly and I appreciated being able to search through the dresses at my leisure. Although they didn't have my dress, I was impressed enough that I came back when it came time to look for a veil. The veil I purchased was a lovely single-tier elbow length with satin edging for $60. Dresses were all reasonably priced as well - plus all the proceeds support cancer research! Definitely worth checking out.

Profile Picture User5283348, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The wonderful volunteers at Brides Project were so friendly and helpful! It was my first bridal appointment ever- I came by myself and they took the time to help me get zipped/buttoned into the various gowns and went out of their way to find me some styles based on my taste. I had an entire change room to myself and loved the low key, no-pressure atmosphere. They also had a terrific selection of dresses to choose from! Sadly, I did not find my dream dress there, but I will definitely be going back to check out their shoes and accessories to go with the dress I eventually bought. Also, I would love to donate my dress to them after the wedding- what a great group of people and a terrific cause!

Profile Picture User4556871, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

I was discouraged when I went dress hunting. I could not find anything I liked, and they were all very expensive. A friend suggested I look at The Bride's Project. They have a wonderful selection of dresses for all sizes and all types of dresses. Most dresses were under $500. All proceeds goes to cancer research. I got a beautiful dress (exactly what I was looking for), at a wonderful price (no one can beat the price of the dress I found), and I supported cancer research all at the same time. This place is run by volunteers, and they were all very nice and very helpful. They also had a good eye for helping you find the perfect dress. Don't be discouraged if you don't find anything the first time. Make another appointment with them after a few months. They are always getting new dresses in. I found the perfect dress in my second appointment. If you live near a Bride's Project, I highly recommend you check them out. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Peggy, 1/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Amazing place! Found an amazing dress at a great and affordable price!

Profile Picture User3600293, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The Brides Project is an amazing initiative, and it also happens to be a really savvy place to shop for a wedding dress. I had been to unique boutiques and chain bridal stores looking for a unique, non-white, full lace, sheath dress. Even if these other stores had something similar to what I wanted, the price tag was through the roof. I was frustrated by the lack of selection at generic bridal stores, and the sneaky way they try to get you to spend thousands of dollars over your budget. At the end of a frustrating dress shopping day in Toronto, I stopped in at the Brides Project. It is a very different atmosphere in that there are no "sales people" there to pull gowns for you and give you their opinions. You wander through the many rooms packed full of used dresses pulling whatever stands out for you - just like shopping in your every day clothing store. So much less stressful!
I ended up finding my dress in the destination dress section. It was gold and creamy coloured, head to toe lace, designer and one of a kind (so the internet told me after my purchase), and was $450!!! It also fit like a glove. The only problem was a small tear in the hem from the previous owner's high heel. I didn't notice this, but the cashier made sure I was aware before she took my money.
Because my partner's mother died of cancer two years earlier, being able to purchase my wedding dress at the Brides Project was even more meaningful. I not only recommend this place to my friends, I IMPLORE them to try it out. Hundreds of dresses to fit every style, constantly rotating collection, dirt cheap prices for designer gowns, and proceeds go to fighting cancer. Can't be beat.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/27/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found the dress of my dreams at an amazing price. My seamstress fit it perfectly to me after I purchased it.
I will definitely be donating this dress back to The Brides Project

Profile Picture User4335480, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

There is nothing bad I could possibly say about this place. I got a whole room to myself, full of dresses in my size. The cause is fantastic. I actually drove from Saskatoon, SK just to buy my dress there. I also didn't know this at the time but sometimes you get letters from previous brides who have worn your dress. I highly recommend this place to everyone.

Profile Picture User4543842, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My sister got her dress at the brides project 4 years ago. She got hers after the first visit. So I was nervous when it was my turn. I wanted something that was "different", beach and bride like all in one dress. I found it!!! I loved that I could try on any dress and take photos. Pom the recommend seamstress is a fabulous extension of what the brides project has accomplished. Doing something amazing for charity and helping brides make a big decision is such a great concept. Love the old house on broadview, loved the selection and the staff! My dress was perfect!

Profile Picture Heather, 3/3/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The best way, in my opinion to spend such a large amount of $$$ - especially since the cause is so great!

You must have patience and don't just go once - make a few trips and start early.

Also use the seamstress that they recommend.

Profile Picture User3614202, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The Brides' Project in Toronto is an amazing place to get your wedding dress and for a reasonable price with the money going to charity. I went in there expecting to find a dress that would work for our wedding and I ended up coming out with "the dress". As soon as I put it on, I knew and my mom knew that it was the one for me and I never thought I would find that in a dress. I was lucky and didn't have any alterations done to the dress, only had it dry cleaned before. Everyone loved the dress at wedding and no one could believe that it was a second-hand dress.

The staff there are also awesome and it was such a great experience! I would highly recommend going to Brides' Project and if I had to do it over again, I would not change where I picked my dress from.

Profile Picture Bailey, 8/17/13, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I love this place. It's a hidden Gem on Broadview Avenue in house. The proceeds go in part to Cancer Camps for kids I believe. I found my dress after a second visit. They are second hand dresses and some have the dresses history (a story) attached to them. Mine didn't, but some of the one's I did try and would read the history of the dress was very touching. My dress was beautiful and I paid less than $300 for it! Great buy and worth the visit.

Profile Picture User3893637, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found my dream dress here, at exactly the price point I wanted, AND it ended up needing no alterations. Dream come true!!!

For those that have not heard of this fantastic place, they take donations of dresses from brides and donate profits to charity. The girls here are so genuinely caring and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/7/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

What an amazing experience!
I hated the idea of wedding dress shopping, thought it was too expensive and blown out of proportion!
The Bride's project was the perfect solution! I really had no problem spending that much money on something to wear once when the $'s go to charity, and the shopping experience was perfect!
They left you alone with your team to shop and explore the rooms and dresses they had! We didn't have someone recommending dresses and putting them on me, we pulled them, played with them, judged them and had our laughs and a GREAT time doing it!
I got an amazing dress! It was so much more in style and so much more traditional than I thought, but it was still unique, classy and exquisite!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/10/13, 5 Reviews
4.7

A perfect place to start. These are second hand dresses that you would never know were second hand. If you are looking for your dream dress and are set on one style - this may not be for you but if you have an open mind and a kind heart, this is where you should start your search. My dress was very reasonably priced and fit me like a glove - the best part, all of the proceeds from the sale of the dress go to cancer research - worth every penny!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/13/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The Bride's Project is the best place to buy a wedding dress. I bought a beautiful dress that suit me perfectly and the money I spent went to help support cancer charities. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Loredana, 5/12/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

An Awesome project you should definitely check out.
At The Brides’ Project, we are first and foremost a non-profit organization raising money for cancer charities, and we do this by selling wedding dresses. We are not a bridal salon. We’re warm, friendly and welcoming! We don’t invade your privacy, we make you welcomed, and it’s FUN! We do ask you to be respectful… every dress here is someone’s wedding dress, so treat them well. Pet them, talk to them in a soft voice, and understand that our staff and friends here wanna enjoy your visit too! Together, we make it a great experience!
The Brides’ Project donates ALL PROFITS to The Canadian Cancer Society (Relay for Life), The Breast Cancer Foundation , Camp Quality and several other related organizations that help fight cancer and/or support those afflicted.

Profile Picture Karina, 3/10/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I love the concept behind this place - getting a beautiful dress, with the proceeds going to a good cause. I highly recommend that any bride check it out.

Profile Picture Michelle, 1/14/12, 5 Reviews