The Bride's Choice Reviews

23 | Locust, NC

23 Reviews for The Bride's Choice

Kira · Married on 12/03/2016

Absolutely LOVE Bride's Choice! Sheena was the best! She made me feel beautiful and was key in helping me find THE dress! Do not think just because this is a specialty boutique that the prices will be outrageous. My experience in a larger chain store was that dress were more expensive and I had fewer options to choose from in the dress types I was looking for (Lace/vintage). They also have a nice selection of bridesmaids dresses. Great experience! I will definitely recommend them to anyone looking for their dream wedding dress!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2016

I purchased my wedding dress from them and it was absolutely gorgeous. It was a great price off of the rack. They had multiple options I loved.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

I was so pleased with my dress experience that I made sure we purchased and rented almost every stitch of attire from The Bride's Choice for our wedding day. Sheena went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and was available every step of the way! The Bride's Choice offers so many gorgeous designers at affordable prices. A win for your budget and wedding day style!

Sent on 11/24/2015
  • Denea

Denea · Married on 08/02/2014

I ordered my dress from Kim at the Bride's Choice and could not be happier with my selection! It was definitely my dream wedding dress which she helped to make a reality! I had 8 bridesmaids who also ordered their dresses from Kim. I have never been more pleased in my life at the color of the girls dresses! it was EXACTLY what i wanted!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

Y'ALL!!! I had a dress in mind that I'd searched for in a few different stores but was not having luck finding it. I'd settled on my so-far top 2 picks, and was struggling to decide which one to wear. While driving back from one of those visits, my MIL said "there's this little place in Locust that I pass by all the time - we should go try there!" and my exact words were, "Seriously? You know I'm not going to find anything in Locust.....". OMG! I walked in, tried on some dresses, was about to leave and started describing the dress I was looking for to Shana who was helping me (and I believe she's now the owner?). She proceeded to tell me she thought she knew exactly what I was talking about. Went upstairs, brought me a dress that was waiting on its owner to come pick it up, and y'all, IT WAS THE DRESS! Of course I didn't try it on since it was already purchased, so she ordered me a sample. I came back, tried the sample on and we ordered the dress that day. It couldn't have been more meant to be. I'm so glad I took the chance on this cute shop in an old-looking church in little ol' Locust. Everyone I came in contact there was amazing - Shana and Kim were incredibly helpful and I'm so thankful for my experience. Even if your dress isn't found here, it's worth the visit for the down-home, southern charm you're sure to receive.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2013

Kim is amazing. I ordered my dress, the tuxes and my mom got her dress from the bride's choice and she helped with all the wedding planning. She really went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and she is a joy to work with. I have already recommended her to some of my friends.

Sent on 09/05/2013

jennifer · Married on 08/17/2013

Kim is awesome! She is on top of everything, not only did we get the tuxes through her but she also delivered and returned them as well. She has a wide selection to choose from and gives great suggestions upon placing order! Check out her venue Il Bella Gardens for your next event- AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Tammy · Married on 09/23/2012

Thanks to Kim and Linda at the Brides Choice. Even though the bride chose the dresses a little late, Kim made sure the dresses arrived in time for the wedding and Linda did all of the alterations. My daughter had her wedding at Il Bella Gardens and it was a bride's dream come true. Kim and Larry made sure everything was perfect. They made sure all of the vendors arrived on time and everything was taken care ahead of time. I rate them a 5++++++++++

Sent on 09/27/2012

Chelsea · Married on 08/25/2012

Kim and her girls were awesome! Found a beautiful Maggie dress in her store and had alterations done there as well. Kim also planned my wedding and handled any situation that I didn't want to deal with. She spent hours the day of the wedding securing palms in the sand and repairing the hoopa that the wind blew over. She makes sure that all situations are handled behind the scenes so the bride is worry free on her wedding day. Wouldn't have done it any other way!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Amanda · Married on 07/21/2012

Kim and Alicia are both amazing people. I highly recommend the bride's choice for wedding planning. They handled any situation that I did not want to deal with.

Sent on 09/17/2012

My Maggie dress was absolutely beautiful! Had no problems what-so-ever working with Kim and her lovely assistants! Sweetest lady I possibly know, I cannot say enough positive things about The Brides Choice!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Amber · Married on 11/19/2011

I got all the tuxes and bridesmaids dresses from Kim and her store was just wonderful! She kept me I the loop at all times and I was so pleased!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2011

We cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Kim! She is so helpful through the entire planning process, and she is so excited for your big day! Many evenings we would meet late because of work schedules, and she NEVER acted like it was out of her way, she always made you feel like your day was the most important, and it is such a joy working with her! I would recommend her services to everyone!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Michelle · Married on 08/27/2011

The absolute BEST Bridal Shop Ever! They are so helpful when it comes to planning your wedding day for any budget and provide you with the best vendors around. Kim is such a fabulous person inside and out, the most important thing, she Loves God and her family...and not only is just the bridal shop owner/consultant but she becomes an amazing friend. I recommend all of my friends to The Bride's Choice and the dress selection is absolutely stunning and they are affordable prices.

Sent on 08/20/2012

amber · Married on 07/16/2011

This is a great place to find the dress of your dreams! You can also get your bridemaids dresses and the groomens tux. The owner is awesome she is super at helping plan your special day!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Suzanne · Married on 05/01/2010

Kim McIlwaine is absolutely the best! She is always available for whatever you need, and will handle as little or as much as you need her to. We could not have done it without her.

Sent on 04/08/2011

Liz · Married on 05/01/2010

I found my dress at the Brides Choice after a friend of mine found her dress there. Kim is wonderful to work with! She is very flexible with her store hours and will do whatever it takes to help you looking great on your wedding day! She is just outside of Charlotte, NC in Locust. You will not find another bridal dress consultant who makes you feel like you are her very own daughter!

Sent on 06/28/2010

3.5

The staff was great. My dress came in with a problem but they called the company and had replacement lace sent in. The part I was not impressed with was the seamstress within the shop. I would not recommend the seamstress. I would recommend buying your dress there but taking it elsewhere to be fitted.

Sent on 09/01/2015

My dress shopping experience was great!! I love my dress and Ms. Kim was great to work with! The only problem I had was with the seamstress that works out of The Bride's choice! She was very rude and my dress did not fit well at all! I was extremely displeased and would not recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Tamra · Married on 08/14/2010

1.8
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

Does not return phone calls. Has people that work for her that do not keep track of orders;therefore the wrong things are ordered. Nice lady but not very helpful when it comes to your wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2010

Samantha · Married on 10/07/2017

1.0

I do not recommend using The Brides Choice for anything! The owner is extremely unorganized and unprofessional. She lies about things being shipped and blames issues on the warehouse where she receives them from. She tells you things are shipping for 3 weeks straight. I did not receive my tuxedos until two days before my wedding because the owner doesn't know how to do her job.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Chrissy · Married on 04/29/2017

0.6
      0.5

I cannot recommend Bride's Choice for tuxedo rentals. I, along with 4 other friends, ordered our sons tuxedos for prom 3 full weeks before the prom date. The week of prom, tuxes were supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. They did not show up on Tuesday, we were told they would be here on Wednesday. They did not show up on Wednesday and we were assured they would be delivered Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Thursday morning I get a call that our tuxes were not on the truck. We contacted the rental company they deal with and the tuxes had not been ordered until that very week, on Wednesday, they 2nd day they were supposed to show up. I don't take kindly to being lied to and being put in a bind!

Sent on 04/27/2017
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/12/2017

0.4
      0.5

Sheena is ridiculous. I had issue after issue. She lies, orders the wrong items and gives the constant runaround. Please don't believe her rating! Most of it comes from the previous owner. Also, my MOH had to call and chew her out before she actually got on the ball about my bridesmaids dresses, after being asked if she read her reviews on Facebook which were absolutely horrible...days later she deletes them all and changes her settings so that no one can leave any reviews! How convenient. This place is such a joke! The only redeeming quality is the seamstress. Stay away, stay far far away!

Sent on 05/14/2017