The Bridal Boutique Reviews

The Bridal Boutique 5
The Bridal Boutique 6
The Bridal Boutique 7

Heather · Married on 06/22/2013

My appointment was originally scheduled for 2 PM but I called a few days before and asked if they had a 2:30 and they did! When I walked in it was a little crowded, seems like I was coming as many people were going. They had so many dresses by so many popular designers but also affordable designers. I do not know if it was just when I went or always but they had so many sample gowns at great prices! Go see HANNAH! She was amazing! She let my sister stay with me and help out the whole time and did not get annoyed when my sister basically started doing her job. HANNAH was amazing and she helped me find my perfect Maggie Sottero gown! Even though I did not buy it yet, if I do not find another dress I love I will definitely be returning and working ONLY with HANNAH!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Becky · Married on 06/15/2013

Jeannie must be a wizard or something because she was able to send me home with a dress within 2 hours. According to Jeannie, I'm super analytical - i'll like the bustle of one dress, but like the skirt of another and want to cut/paste them together into my hypothetical perfect dress. Since that's not possible, Jeannie helped me find my perfect, happy medium. She is super patient, honest, and crazy knowledgeable. It's kind of like having a second mom there who actually knows what she's talking about.

Sent on 07/09/2013

J · Married on 05/25/2013

I also had Jeannie as my consultant and she was AWESOME! I went to Bridal Boutique for my first dress shopping experience and had a blast thanks to her. She was very friendly and not pushy and really seemed like she was having a fun time with everyone that I brought with me. The store also carried a lot of gorgeous dresses and I had a really hard time deciding which one I liked better (believe it or not!). I had another dress appointment at another store later that same day and they did not offer the customer service that Bridal Boutique did nor did my consultant at the other store make the experience any fun. If you need a fun place to shop with lots of amazing dresses, I highly recommend Bridal Boutique!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Sarah · Married on 03/15/2013

I had a really positive experience with the Bridal Boutique! This was my first and only stop when shopping for a wedding dress- Jeanie was so helpful and nice, and I found a dress I really love! I also bought my veil and bridesmaids' dresses here, and my experience was only positive! I was a little nervous for the alterations, but everything went really smoothly, and the seamstress listened to what I wanted, and did a great job!

Sent on 03/28/2013
  • MrsKAllTheWay

Melanie · Married on 10/20/2012

The staff at The Bridal Boutique were really wonderful. My appointment went smoothly and was much better than it had been at a larger chain store. My consultant listened to what I was looking for and we found the perfect dress and I ordered it. When it came in, it didn't need any alterations, so I can't comment on that aspect. However, I brough in my dress to be pressed and it was ready when it was promised and it looked perfect on my big day.

Sent on 11/14/2012

I was actually stunned to see all the negative reviews here, since I had such an amazing experience at the Bridal Boutique. I expected searching for a dress to be a nightmare and they made it absolutely stress free and fun, and even grabbed a dress I never in a million years would have thought of trying which of course ended up being the one. I ended up having to come in for two fittings, both of which were, again, way less stressful and much easier than I expected them to be and the dress came out great. When I went to pick it up the seamstress spotted a tiny detail I never would have noticed (the loop for the hook at the top of the zipper was elastic instead of metal, and starting to stretch out) and stopped me from leaving the store so she could fix it, no charge. I would absolutely recommend them, and this is coming from someone who had to drive an hour to get there!

Sent on 09/09/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2012

The staff at the Bridal Boutique were great in assisting me to pick out my wedding dress. They offered a discount in the bridesmaid dresses and were very patient and helpful in ordering the dresses for my bridal party. their prices are very reasonable (I only spent 1/2 of my dress budget).

Two days before the wedding, they pressed all of the dresses at no additional charge! Such a blessing since all of my girls travelled to the wedding. Although i did not have my dress altered there, they noticed an error that my seamtress made, called me and fixed it at no cost.

Sent on 09/25/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2012

They are amazing, I forgot to schedule my fittings and they were able to get me in and alter my dress all within a week!

Sent on 06/22/2012
  • Nicki

Nicki · Married on 03/23/2012

The ladies at The Bridal Boutique in Columbia, MD are stellar. They helped me pick out the perfect dress!!! Great prices and great service. I would highly recommend them to a bride looking for a dress!!!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Rachel · Married on 11/26/2011

The bridal boutique was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 12/06/2011
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/10/2011

The ladies at the Bridal Boutique were great to work with. We tried on a few dresses and found the one that was perfect, but they only had one size and couldnt order anymore. They ended up selling it to me for a discounted price, and didnt charge us for the alterations that needed to be made on the side. I also live in North Carolina and was only in town on weekends once a month. They were able to get my fittings done so that the dress was absolutely perfect for the wedding day!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Pam · Married on 09/10/2011

This is the 2nd time we have gone to the bridal boutique for wedding gowns, etc and once again we were thrilled with the quality of dresses, professional and efficient staff and general overall experience we had there. The staff Is extremely pleasant and helpful and they will bend over backwards to make sure their clients are happy ! We will continue to refer family and friends to them...they are the best !!!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Dana · Married on 09/05/2011

I had a great experience at The Bridal Boutique and loved their selection of dresses. It was one of my last stops and thank goodness I went there. My dress was a San Patrick Eresma and was stunning! I, along with my bridesmaids, received great service there and all were happy with the dresses and alterations. They could not have been more accommodating to my two sisters, who both had babies within a month of my wedding. They even came to my one sister's house to complete her alterations since she gave birth 7 days before my wedding. I'll be forever grateful to them for that!

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • PrincesaKim

Kim · Married on 07/03/2011

I had such a great experience with The Bridal Boutique! Although it got annoying travelling 45 minutes to an hour for fittings, it was definitely worth it. The staff was always friendly and never pushy. They were more than willing to work within our budget, and they never made us feel like they just wanted to make a sale. I appreciated the fact that the girl was honest with her opinions on how a dress looked at me, and she was even the one that picked out my dress. The seamstress was also very professional, and we couldn't stop praising her on what beautiful work she did. The Bridal Boutique is definitely worth checking out!

Sent on 07/21/2011
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/18/2011

I went to 7 different places to find my wedding dress and finally found it at the Bridal Boutique in Columbia MD. I mainly worked with a woman named Jen who was very easy going, responsible, and I enjoyed working with. I also worked with Curtie (who did my fittings), and she was also great. I trusted the people who I worked with, which is very important when it comes to your wedding dress. The Bridal Boutique isn't a fancy store. They have very good prices and their fitting costs are also reasonable. I had a great experience at the store. I plan on going back for my dress preservation.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Marina · Married on 05/27/2011

I found my dress at a boutique in CA and subsequently ordered it online at The Bridal Boutique because the price could not be beaten - saved about $300 this way AND got free shipping to my home in NYC. Amazing!

The designer had delayed the ship date due to Chinese New Year and the ladies at the Bridal Boutique were great at responding to my panicked emails and phone calls.

Love my dress and the service!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Shawna · Married on 05/07/2011

I had a great experience at the Bridal Boutique. I think the name of the lady who helped me was Kayla, We tried on a bunch of dresses the first time, and I thought I had found my dress. She even went past the closing time of the store to help me try it on one more time (which I didn't realize till we went to leave) However, once i looked at the photographs of me in the dress I decided that I didn't want to go with that silhouette, I had already made an appointment to go back the next week with my parents (to show them the dress and pay for it). So we arrived and Kayla thought I was just trying on the one dress, and we ended up doing a new fitting. I was about to go home disappointed - when she pulled one final dress and it turned out to be the one. We ordered it, and paid for it and it was great.

When I went with my friend who was altering the dress for me - they were great helping me try it on, and one of the ladies even told us the trade secret of how they actually shortened the scalloped bottom edge (by taking off the scalloped part of the lace and just resewing it on) so that i could keep the edge and we didn't have to cut it off. Overall - I had a wonderful experience - but did not use their alterations department.

Sent on 05/10/2011

cy · Married on 04/23/2011

I searched many different places before i went to the Bridal Boutique. As soon as i walked into the store, i eyed the dress that would be my wedding day dress. It was a casablanca and although i tried on many other dresses from Australia Essence, Maggie S and others, i did not want to try on any other dresses. The dress was exactly what i wanted. The sales lady who i can't remember her name was good in that she got me to try the dress that i liked most to compare it to the other dresses. This was ideal because it made me realize it was the dress that i really wanted. The dress was also on sale so i got a good deal for them. I also purchased my bridesmaids dresses there, Alfred Angelo, which were gorgeous when they came in. Since my dress was purchased off rack, the store cleaned and steamed it for me and even after i complained, they steamed it again without any issues. The alteration department was FANTASTIC. They were able to bring me down almost three sizes and it was great. They were able to fit the dress to my body as i lost some weight and it was great. The bustle was done so well that i almost cried when i saw it. It quite didn't look the same on the wedding day but i guess that's why they are professionals! Gerti was also very nice and helpful. By the end, she knew me by name which was a good and comforting feeling. The girls who work there are also great adn very knowledgeable.

Sent on 05/13/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2010

Wonderful experience! Ask for Deborah from Alabama - she rocks!

Sent on 10/19/2010
  • Charles & Tyiesha

Tyiesha · Married on 06/26/2010

When I started the process of picking my perfect gown & wedding colors I was totally clueless. I'd looked around online at different designs and finally found what I thought would be "My Perfect" gown. I found the nearest boutique that sold it and first thing the next morning I was there. Unfortunately I was there but the gown wasn't. The 2 ladies that helped me that day were Ms Julie & Ms Zandra, they could see the disappointment in my eyes & suggested a few other gowns. They were ALL very beautiful but just not me. I started to get discouraged & they could feel it. A few moments later I was shown a gown that was very similar to the one I'd originally wanted BUT 100 times more beautiful. From the moment I put it on I knew it was "The One". It brought tears to my eyes as well as my cousin, whom come with me to make sure I'd pick the right gown. I'd ordered it that day & moved on to step 2...picking colors...NOT an easy job. I must have changed colors, dresses & tuxedo's about 7 times and NOT once did any member of the staff give me a hard time about it. They did however start writing in my folder in pencil lol. After months of phone calls & fittings we were ALL very familiar with one another & feeling like 1 big happy family. I truly believe that we wouldn't have gotten the attire for our wedding if we would have gone anywhere else. We didn't feel like "customers", everything we needed help with someone was there by our sides to help guide us in the right direction.

I can honestly say that I'd refer the Bridal Boutique to a friend, because I did & she also got her "Dream Gown" for her wedding as well as her bridesmaid dress for ours.

Thank you all for everything!!!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/30/2010

I got my gorgeous Casablanca dress from this boutique. My dress turned out perfectly! Their customer service, communication, prices, alterations, etc. were amazing, and I truly had a positive experience here!

Sent on 07/31/2010

Heather · Married on 01/16/2010

I think the ownership changed hands because the person I worked with left quickly after my order, but my maids and mother had no problems with their service or alterations. I didn't get my dress there so I am speaking from their mouths. I don't think there were any problems where they wouldn't go back.

Sent on 01/29/2010

Jamie · Married on 12/27/2009

Everyone that worked there was professional and made me feel special. I have never seen anything like my dress on anyone! (In a good way) I had a weird schedule for my availability, my now husband is military and I wasn't in the area til one month before the wedding. They accommodated that and were able make all the alterations in a timely manner. The Bridal Boutique was a perfect match for me!

Sent on 02/05/2010

Cindy · Married on 08/08/2009

Columbia Bridal Boutique did a wonderful job. I bought a beautiful Maggie Sottero dress. The seamstress did a great job with the alterations. I also bought my reception dress there. It too was beautiful, and both were priced right. Again, the seamstress did a wonderful job.

I wasn't certain I was going to wear a veil, but the sales person was able to find a very simple veil that met my needs.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Andrea · Married on 09/21/2008

The woman who helped me find my dress was wonderful and patient and didn't push me into anything. She even had me try on dresses that I thought I would hate, just for fun. I found the most beautiful dress here. The dress they had fit perfectly and only needed minor alterations so i bought the floor model for a 10% discount. The alterations ended up being pretty expensive because there was a lot of lace at the bottom that had to be shortened, but they did a fabulous job and you couldn't tell that the lace had been chopped off and altered. I came back multiple times to show my bridesmaids and mother and they were very accommodating. I even bought a dress for the rehearsal dinner here. I saw an add for a white and black strapless short bridesmaid dress and had to have it. I got tons of compliments on the dress and am looking forward to finding another occation to wear it. They steamed it when they did the alterations but from being in the bag it had some wrinkles on it and i took it back the day before the wedding and they steamed it again. A friend of mine was getting married two weeks after me and she found her dress here too and it was fun having them take pictures of us in our wedding dresses together. All in all, I was very happy with both of my dresses I got here.

Sent on 12/03/2008