The Bouqs Co. Reviews

114 | Marina del Rey, CA

114 Reviews for The Bouqs Co.

The Bouqs Co. 1
The Bouqs Co. 6
The Bouqs Co. 7

Meghan · Married on 06/17/2016

3.0

Bouqs was great about accommodating me and my rural Alaskan wedding! This would work even better for large bulk or event orders in the lower-48 due to ease of shipping. The flowers were beautiful, though I experienced some quirks with shipping (no surprise there - Alaska is funky!).

Sent on 07/06/2016

Morgan · Married on 04/07/2018

3.4
      0.5

After a minor SNAFU with our proposed florist, BOUQs stepped in and was OK. We were able to get the flowers we needed at a fraction of the price quoted by our other options, which is obviously the big selling point of BOUQS. There are definitely no frills. We received the box and we had to set up most of it ourselves, but it wasn’t too hard to do. However, there was a moment of panic when we received the flowers, and we were missing the bridal bouquet (?!), and it was very stressful to get them on the phone and near impossible to get them on the phone and resolve the issue. In the end, after some persistence and work, we were able to get another bouquet shipped our ASAP, and we were good to go. Since our wedding was in a beautiful garden with a lot of flowers already there, we didn’t need a lot of flowers, so I can’t speak to what BOUQs can provide for larger orders. But for what we needed, it was fine. Obviously, the biggest selling point is how economical the prices were. But on fulfillment and customer service, it was maybe not worth the headache.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Jess · Married on 09/16/2017

3.2
      1.5
      3.5

I booked Bouqs originally for my wedding flowers, but my venue required that I work with their preferred vendors. This was a blessing in disguise! I could not completely cancel my order, so I downgraded it as much as possible. My flowers arrived late (Thursday night and Friday for a Saturday wedding, as opposed to Wednesday when they were supposed to arrive). Thursday's delivery was just the greenery. The blooms came Friday, so they would not have had time to open prior to the ceremony. The roses were wilted and not pretty. The hydrangeas looked good! I contacted the company about the roses and they informed me that it was just the outer layer of petal. I do think that my order was impacted by a big storm, so it's possible the quality would have been better at a different time. However, I am really really glad I chose not to do my own flowers as no bride needs that stress the day before a wedding! Would probably use bouqs again for holiday gifts, but not for a major event.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Emma · Married on 10/01/2016

3.2
      3.0

I ordered my bouquet from Bouqs Co. after finding what I thought was my dream arrangement in their offerings (succulents! so beautiful, so special). It arrived as scheduled, but came in a long narrow box with the flowers split into two sections. Some of the succulents hadn't fared well in transit. Their leaves had broken off. In addition, a handful of the other flowers in the arrangement were already turning brown and dying. Not the fresh, abundant look I wanted for my bridal bouquet, and had I sent the arrangement to anyone else for any other occasion, I would have been embarrassed to learn what they'd received. My maids got their bouquets from Stop & Shop and they were much more lush and fresh than mine. Overall, disappointing.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Suzanne · Married on 03/10/2018

2.5

Ordered these flowers online for my wedding, was seriously disappointed. The flowers I ordered looked much more purple online and when I got them they were basically all pink, NOT my color. One of my bouquets was also canceled because there was "no delivery address" on them. I don't know how this is possible since it was all placed as one order, but customer service was of no help. I emailed them about the problem and they said I could just order another bouquet. It was not possible to have it delivered on time, and when I explained this and that it was for my wedding so it couldn't be late, the rep just tried to sell me one of their wedding packages. NOT WORTH IT.

Sent on 03/23/2018

Em · Married on 07/02/2016

1.8
      2.5
      2.0

I received an email on a Friday morning, 4 business days before my bulk order delivery date, telling me my order, which had been placed multiple weeks prior, might not be available, and was asked to get in touch. I responded to the email within an hour of receiving it. I heard nothing back.
    I called that Friday morning, and was told someone would call me back. No one called.
    I emailed again Friday night, and was emailed back on Sunday, and was told that someone else would email back with actual information regarding my order. No one did.
    So I called back Monday, and was told that the order would be available, but may not make the delivery date. I told that person that I needed to know for certain whether the order would be fulfilled, and exactly when it would be delivered. I was told someone would call me back. I asked for an exact timeframe in which to expect that call, as thus far I had never been contacted back by anyone at Bouqs. I was told to expect a call in 1.5 - 2 hours. That time passed. No one called me.
    About 5 hours later, I got an automated email that the order had shipped. The order arrived, some of the flowers dead or wilted, which if there hadn't been so much frustration leading up to delivery, I would have written off as a totally acceptable margin of defect. But since it was such a nightmare dealing with customer service, it was just one more annoying, obnoxious aspect of ordering from Bouqs. I wouldn't recommend it, and don't think I'll ever order again. Frankly, if they had just never contacted me in the first place about potentially not being able to deliver, I would have been completely satisfied with what I received - the flowers I ordered were out of season, they opened up beautifully over the 3 days I had them prior to the wedding, and they were extremely well priced. The headache of all the back and forth negated that, and I would have rather paid a little more to not have to spend so much time and effort trying to contact them.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Leticia · Married on 06/09/2018

1.8
      3.0

I picked Bouqs because I loved the ease, convenience, beauty, and price of their pre-packaged designs. I was a little concerned about ordering flowers off the internet so I ordered a test bouquet for the centerpiece for Thanksgiving. The flowers didn't bloom, I was disappointed, but when talking to Bouqs, they assured me that the wedding flowers are shipped 2 days in advance while blooming but if there were any problems with the flowers they could overnight me new flowers. I ordered another bouquet for Christmas, it was beautiful, so I decided to take a chance.

For my wedding, my flowers got held up in Customs for 24 hours. I asked Bouqs if they could ship me new ones but they asked me to wait for my original ones and assured they were being held in a refrigerated locker and would get to me in time. The next morning I got the flowers and they were droopy, wilted and the roses were turning brown. Again, I asked for new flowers and instead told to put them in water and they would perk up.

Most of the flowers did perk up, but the white roses continued to brown. 3 of the corsages/boutonnieres were unusable. I had to pick out several roses from my bouquet and centerpieces.

Bouqs refunded me $50 for the shipping fees and $100 towards the price of the flowers. When I asked about also getting a replacement bouquet (as that was something I had wanted to preserve) I was told that was not possible.

Overall I was very disappointed and do not think I would order from them again.

Sent on 06/25/2018

E · Married on 06/21/2015

1.6
      1.0

I ordered 2 dozen roses the week before Valentine's Day for delivery the day before V-Day. They arrived on time which is why I scored it above zero. The flowers, however, had white spots on them, brown around the petals, and had a general image of death about them. I took a chance on this company and will NEVER return! Order from them at your own risk.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Adam · Married on 05/02/2017

1.2
      3.0

Horrible experience. I ordered 12 months worth of flowers. The flowers are to arrive every month. The first ordered was rotting flowers. They complete forgot the 5th order all together. When I reached out, they said it was never sent but the service would resume next month. DONT USE THIS SERVICE!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Jeff · event on: 05/26/2018

0.5

I used to think very highly of this company but they have turned into a customer service nightmare and have become undependable. I ordered 3 dozen roses from Bouqs to be delivered to my daughter in Colorado on her graduation day. They were sent to Pennsylvania due to an error by Bouqs. That was four days ago. I have emailed, chatted and called countless times and have been blown off and ignored on this once in a lifetime event. I've been promised a call back over and over and it has never come. Bouqs outsources their customer service to foreigners in other countries and no one is capable of doing anything. This is much like many other large US companies trying to save money and not caring about the effects of future business. They ruined this special occasion for me so I will NEVER be using them again. Additionally, I sent out an email blast to 8000 folks in my network of which many have used Bouqs before as well. Maybe me never doing business with them won't affect them but I am pretty sure a couple dozen people I know and received my email won't chance using them again either so I'm back to overpaying for flowers where I can at least fix a problem when one occurs. Very disappointed in these people. Way to go Robert !!!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Crystal Taylor · Married on 09/29/2018

1.0

My flowers do not arrive.

My flowers did not arrive for my wedding. I can’t express in a review how extremely stressful this made my wedding. Thankfully, they refunded me and sent replacement flowers...however the flowers were not what I ordered, my family had to drive two hours to go get them, and my guests and I were arranging flowers the morning of my wedding day. All of this was not worth the money that I saved. The biggest problem? Even in this extreme circumstance, they will not communicate with their customer via phone. When talking with Bouqs, don’t expect to ever speak to anyone, they will only email. The person that I was in contact was Samantha.

Sent on 12/06/2018

C · Married on 02/01/2017

0.5

Not only is this company impossible to work with their customer service is lacking in every way and they do not honor their promotions. All I can say is good luck if you order your flowers through them.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Shantal · Married on 05/08/2016

0.5

I WISH I saw these reviews before I sent flowers for Mother's Day. I have been back and forth with them for the past several days about an issue and they have been nothing but awful. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I originally sent them a message saying that I need to know if they can guarantee a delivery time for the flowers and if they cannot guarantee b a certain time, I need to alter the address. I have in writing from a customer service representative that all deliveries are guaranteed by 10:30 AM. That was perfect. Low and behold, the delivery came at 2:15, despite their guarantee. This was a big issue because this now meant the flowers were only going to be able to be retrieved by the recipient 3 days later when the flowers were going to be dried up and not fresh. I demanded a refund and they kept on saying "we do not guarantee delivery times". I repeatedly said they makes no difference in this situation because they guaranteed it to me. They made a mistake and need to own up to it. I paid for a service I did not get. I have enough proof for a court order which I will proceed to do. Also filing a claim with the BBB.

Sent on 05/09/2016

0.5

Try finding the phone number for these people. Good Luck.
    Ordered $80 of flowers and they arrived to my 80 year old Mother for Mothers Day - FALLING APART.
    My 80 yo father tried contacting them through the only method they offer which is their website - they kept asking for more and more photos and denying - them offered a $15 credit for next order. WHY would anyone order more junk? I emailed them several times and got NO response.
    Look at the BBB site on them
    Do NOT use Bouques