The Bouqs Co. Reviews

114 | Marina del Rey, CA

114 Reviews for The Bouqs Co.

The Bouqs Co. 1
The Bouqs Co. 2
The Bouqs Co. 3
The Bouqs Co. 4
The Bouqs Co. 5
The Bouqs Co. 6
The Bouqs Co. 7

Janet · Married on 07/16/2016

The flowers for my daughter's wedding were amazing. With very little experience and $1100 worth of flowers, we created 9 bouquets, 11 boutiniers, and 18 centerpieces. We were so proud of our work! Bouqs provided a list of how many of each flower to include in each bouquet, which allowed us to become instant experts in arranging. It was fun, very satisfying, and only took 3 of us maybe 5 hours to complete. The flowers arrived right on time Thursday morning for a Saturday wedding, and they still look pretty good tonight (Tuesday).

Sent on 07/19/2016

I worked with Meghann at Bouqs. She was absolutely wonderful! Some of the flowers (hydrangea) came wilted and she immediately sent out another batch, and they arrived in time to use for my wedding... The rest of the flowers were stunning (garden roses and lisianthus)!!

I used the Bouqs flowers (along with some local flower shop flowers) to do my centerpieces and boutonnieres. I was really happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 05/04/2016

I ordered two bouquets from The Bouqs for my elopement I was planning. I had contacted customer service to ask for the delivery timing to make sure the flowers opened up in time- they were so helpful! I highly recommend using them for any flower needs you might need!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/17/2018

Bouqs was amazing! The only reason why I gave them 4/5 stars under the “Value” category is because I personally think they sent the flowers one day too early. They sent my flowers 4 days before my wedding, and a dozen of my roses started to wilt a little. They were very accommodating and quick to respond though and they sent out two dozen roses, which I received the very next day after notifying them. If they sent the flowers 3 days before my wedding, I think I would have been golden. Despite that, I loved Bouqs services, from the flower coordinator, the flowers themselves bloomed beautifully and the ones that wilted I pulled the outer petals and they were still good to use, their professionalism, and their helpfulness (they respond rather quickly). I’d use them again for other celebrations. The price is very reasonable as well - way better than using a wedding florist.

Sent on 08/24/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 8
    The Bouqs Co. 9

Anna · Married on 04/22/2017

This is the smartest way to do flowers for your wedding. As long as you're not too particular about how things turn out (since you're making everything yourself), it's the best bang for your buck. I had my bridesmaids and family help make 10 centerpieces, 3 bouquets, and 7 boutonnieres for right around $600. I also had my heart set on a particular kind of flower that wasn't in their typical packages, but they worked with me to source them from a wholesaler. The centerpieces and bouquets turned out beautifully and I got a ton of compliments on everything (people couldn't believe it was DIY). The only snag we had was that we didn't make the boutonnieres quite right and they weren't pinning on the guys' jackets, so they left them off. Wasn't a big deal, but just shows the kind of things that can happen when you're not a professional florist! If I could do it again I probably would have ordered those and some corsages from a florist and done the bouquets and centerpieces myself. Really great service from this company - responsive, thorough, and friendly. They provide a ton of tutorials and videos to help you, even giving a "recipe" for what to put in each arrangement based on what you order.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Maggie · Married on 11/12/2016

If you are able to follow instructions and work with your hands, I would recommend the bouqs. They helped us save so much money and I didn't have to compromise on flowers at all. We had them delivered Wednesday for a Saturday wedding and put them in water Wednesday, built the bouquets and centerpieces on Thursday, and wrapped the ribbon on Friday. All in all I had about ten or so people working, so if you have a lot of bridesmaids or aunts or whoever that want to help it will definitely be doable. Make sure you have a basement or something to keep them cool, though! Also, they said they would require a signature upon delivery, but ours didn't.

Also there were a lot more flowers than we thought! We were able to put flowers everywhere, and they were so beautiful. Great experience!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Caitlin · Married on 06/12/2018

I was extremely impressed with The Bouqs Co. I'd looked into florists in my area and was overwhelmed with how extremely expensive floral arrangements would be and unwilling to put so much of my budget into flowers. I actually saw an ad on Facebook for The Bouqs Co. and decided to check it out. I sent them an email and they fully personalized all of my floral arrangements, from my bouquets to my centerpieces, just the way I wanted it. I got cool water, ocean song, and earl grey roses, purple hydrangea, sunflowers, baby's breath, and ruscus. I was anxious about DIYing my own flowers, so I ordered more flowers than I thought I'd need while still remaining extremely underbudget. My dad and I were also nervous about the condition in which the flowers would arrive. Our flowers came in the Saturday before our Tuesday wedding in gorgeous condition. My maid of honor, sister, and I unpacked, trimmed, and placed all 550+ flowers in the living room of my apartment in about an hour and a half with tools from the dollar tree. We transported them in five gallon buckets to our hotel, where my entire bridal party and my parents arranged them in one of their event rooms the night before the wedding. Our flowers were STUNNING! I will say, the hydrangea we had to be careful with arranging because the inside flowers of several stems had become brown and mushy. I would also not recommend ordering their sunflowers -- I had a test bouquet sent in a week before our delivery date, and the sunflowers never bloomed. They were still mostly closed two weeks after I'd received them. We tried to force the sunflowers to open but they never did, so that was a little disappointing, but we could still see some of the yellow and they were still pretty, I just wouldn't recommend for anyone else to get them. The roses were gorgeous and we ended up with far more flowers than we needed, so we were able to cover every inch of my venue in flowers. It made for a gorgeous ceremony and reception!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 10
    The Bouqs Co. 11
    The Bouqs Co. 12
    The Bouqs Co. 13
    The Bouqs Co. 14
  • dipps

Tana · Married on 07/02/2016

If you are thinking about doing your own wedding flowers and shopping around for bulk flowers, look no further! I price compared dozens of wholesale flower vendors and by far The Bouqs was able to provide the best value. They have several wedding packages you can choose from - I choose the Heart to Heart collection in their largest size - and it was more than enough flowers for over 20 centerpieces, 6 bridesmaids, my huge bridal bouquet, mothers, etc. I did order a small amount of ranunculus from another vendor for boutonnieres because The Bouqs could not get it for me (low supply) but they were very quick to get back to me about that and communicated why they didn't have it in stock. Overall, my flowers came out amazing and I saved THOUSANDS by using The Bouqs. The flowers arrived fresh, they come with easy to follow care instructions, they bloomed the morning of the wedding and lasted over a week after the wedding!!!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Beth · Married on 05/21/2016

3.5

I could not get to my bridesmaids physically to ask them if they would stand for me. I sent them both the Peace Bouquet with the big question on the gift card. Wanted the flowers to arrive on Wednesday. Both ladies were thrilled! I saw one bouquets when it was 10 days old- I was amazed that it was still beautiful.

Sent on 06/13/2016

They were very helpful in planning my last minute flower arrangements for my wedding (like 1-week-before-the-wedding last minute.) I chose to create my own by ordering in bulk instead of choosing one of the "bridal packages." Meghann was very helpful with helping me get the flowers I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. There was a goof-up with FedEx and my flowers arrived a day early-which usually isn't an issue, but with time sensitive flowers, I was a bit concerned. Before I even had a chance to email Meghann and see if my flowers would make it the extra couple days until my wedding, she was already calling me and making sure they had arrived safely and nicely explained that it was a mixup on FedEx's part. She also explained that being the flowers are cut fresh and shipped immediately, they would stay alive and beautiful for at least 2 more weeks. I did have 2 dozen of my roses that were not packaged correctly and were not able to be used, but thankfully I had plenty of extra to cover that loss. Otherwise, the rest of the flowers were sent to me in perfect shape (I was nervous that they would freeze or be damaged in the -30 MN windchill), they remained beautiful for the wedding, and lasted for about 2 weeks after the wedding. I definitely would recommend The Bouqs to future brides who want the look of professionally designed flowers for a fraction of the cost. I cut my cost in half and got twice as many flowers as I had originally been quoted on with local vendors.

Sent on 02/05/2016

Kimi · Married on 10/10/2015

I had specific flowers I wanted at my wedding, but was looking for a more affordable option than a traditional florist. The Bouqs Co. has a number of curated floral packages for you to chose from as well as bulk mixed flower options--I ended up doing a combination of both and was extremely satisfied with the quality of flowers when they arrived.

My only recommendation to The Bouqs Co. is to consider including the number of stems of each flower that goes into each item in the curated packages (Bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquet, centerpiece, etc). While it is super fun to create your own bouquets, it can be a little daunting when digging into the 1000+ stems and wondering if the number you're using for creating bouquets will leave enough for the centerpieces.

Information on supplies you will need to prep flowers and assemble arrangements for your wedding isn't included with your order, so know that you will likely need the following items for assembling your flowers: LOTS of buckets for storing and prepping flowers, pruning shears, floral tape, floral pins, and wet foam (depending on how you plan to arrange centerpieces). My bridesmaids and I assembled the bouquets and centerpieces the day before the wedding and the girls had a blast with the activity. It can be a lot of work depending on the size of your wedding and the number of stems you order, but so worth it! I wouldn't have gone another route or with another vendor for my wedding flowers.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Brigitte · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful flowers, great value for the crafty bride!

I wanted simple but beautiful flowers for my wedding, but local vendors weren't able to fit my limited budget or weren't transparent or competent enough to give me pricing information without requiring an in-person meeting. As someone who loves nature and flowers, I was sad as I began to consider a wedding without any flowers. I started researching pre-made bouquets and came across The Bouqs. Their arrangements were so gorgeous compared to Sam’s Club and Costco. I initially emailed The Bouqs inquiring about their pre-made bouquets, having no intention to do my own flowers. When I priced everything out, the DIY packages were a much better value and I was able to get exactly what I wanted. I went for the Heartfelt package but swapped the Nena rose based on a photo I saw in their ad. I watched a TON of YouTube tutorials in the months leading up the wedding, purchased all the supplies, and made a pricing spreadsheet and a week-of-wedding plan. Having never assembled a bouquet before or put together an arrangement, I prepped and assembled all the bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnieres for my entire wedding, and I couldn't be happier. I had a great sense of accomplishment and people continually asked me if I was a florist. I got so many compliments and I am thrilled with how it all turned out! The flowers arrived on time (Weds morning for Sat wedding) and looked just like the photos once I gave them some love and water. The roses were so fluffy! I had so many flowers left over, too. I asked Aimee many questions along the way and she patiently answered them all - even giving me tips for transporting the flowers so they didn't tip over. I am so happy I went with The Bouqs and had the accomplishment of doing my own flowers for a very reasonable price. For the DIY bride who wants beautiful flowers and is super organized, crafty, and willing to research, I would highly recommend The Bouqs!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 15
    The Bouqs Co. 16

Rebecca · Married on 04/27/2018

Our flowers were beautiful! We opted for the prearranged package and it went well with our wedding. The team there was very easy to communicate with and eased any pre wedding flower jitters. Some of the flowers were a bit "sad looking" the morning of the wedding and nothing too dramatic and they easily perked up with a little fizzy water and baby asprin. They are flowers after all and not meant to last forever. The only hiccup we had was that the flowers arrived almost a full 24 hours later than expected (5pm the evening before the wedding). This was nerve racking however I was able to communicate with the company via email when they did not arrive and they did provide an updated arrival time and a promise to refund shipping cost. Would definitely use again. Great price for the quality!

Sent on 05/23/2018
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 03/03/2018

Bouqs is PERFECT for a DIY bride on a tight budget. I would have loved to have chosen a local florist, but unfortunately I could not afford $1-2k for flowers- just not in the cards for us! However, I loved Bouq’s service. It was very easy to place the order & the ladies are super responsive and friendly & answer all your questions quickly. My only issue with communication was that it’s through email, so it’s very hard to speak to a person over the phone. Luckily, they make up for that with their professionalism & quick replies. As for the flowers, they turned out fantastic. I would suggest that you assemble them the day before the wedding- which we went that route & im glad we did. I feel like if I had done it any earlier the flowers would have wilted quicker. They were all gorgeous & bloomed for the day of. The only flower that wilted was the dusty Miller. If I had had room in my fridge I would’ve kept them in there- but we had so much food in there from the rehearsal dinner LOL! We did a lot of our stuff DIY, so I guess that’s some of what happens when you’re cutting costs. Bouqs is wonderful! Thank you

Sent on 04/12/2018

Everything was perfect highly reccomend

Sent on 03/08/2017

Kirsty · Married on 10/29/2016

This company was great! Such a great value for gorgeous flowers! We had a snafu with the greens portion of our flowers and they called a local florist to have them delivered in plenty of time for us to make our arrangements. We will definitely be using them again for all our small and large floral needs. The low cost and minimal flower arranging made our wedding perfect!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

3.5

Prompt responses, great prices for beautiful flowers, a lot of work so be prepared with helpers

Sent on 09/27/2016

Anastasia · Married on 06/05/2016

I did not get as much consultation as the other brides here, but that is OK because I like their Heart to Heart package a lot. Also a little confused with delivery dates and how much time the flowers need to blossom.

Sent on 10/07/2015

The Bouqs Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback! We delivery all flowers 3 days prior to the event- this gives the flowers 2 days to bloom before arranging. Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

-Stepha @Team Bouqs
  • F

Fallon · Married on 01/02/2016

It is a bit difficult to order from these folks. You have to contact a person in charge of large events. They then send you a catalog of flowers, you let them know what you want, they send you a quote and then you pay. I am used to just clicking everything that I want online and it is done. However, the gal that I have been emailing back and fourth has been so helpful. I found an arrangement that I am near in love with, but didn't know what the flowers were. She was able to tell me what all of the flowers were so I knew what I needed to order!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Betty · Married on 10/08/2016

3.5

The flowers were amazing. But be prepared to do some work. I prepared all of the flowers (bouqs emailed me on how to and they have you tube videos to help) and the wedding coordinator put them into the vases and made the bouquets and boutonnieres. However, so much cheaper than a florist and the flowers last. Had them at home for 1 week after the wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Shanna · Married on 06/10/2016

When I saw a Bouq's commercial on TV, I figured why not. I contacted Bouqs on the weekend but they are closed but responded first thing on Monday. It was very easy to contact them via phone or email, and I called multiple times to make sure that the flowers would go well with my wedding color scheme. All of the rep's were great. Throughout my research I knew that this would be a major cost for my wedding and Bouq's provided a great savings. Since I was having a destination wedding, I knew that with all the help of my family and friends, I could take this on. Luckily my husbands mother did some flower arranging, which was a plus. My flowers arrived 3 days before the wedding, I cut the flowers just a bit (they are all long stems, so you can cut to your desired length) and placed them in buckets of water. I did a trial run on a centerpiece the next day and it went better than I thought. Then the day before the wedding, my flowers had bloomed and opened up wonderfully. My two bridesmaids and I, along with my mother in law, sister in law were able to get all 10 centerpieces done, sweatheart table, cake table, welcome table, bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, two bridesmaid bouquet, 3 boutainaires, 2 corsages, with flowers to spare for extra arrangements, that I was able to place at the bar, memory table and at the entrance of my venue, since I ordered the ultimate package--which was expected to have extra. I hope Bouqs is able to provide a suggestion for how many flowers for each arrangement soon, which they are working on, but was not ready for me at the time of my wedding. If you have a good eye and can approximate from pictures like me, then you will be fine. The only thing that I did not like was that I was not given hydrangeas as promised with my order in the "Perfect Day" collection. Other than that I loved the Bouqs experience for my wedding and wouldn't hesitate to use them again, and would recommend them to brides who are not afraid to do some research and work.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Dacotah · Married on 09/14/2018

4.2
      3.0

Loved working with Aimee, everything was on time and lovely. The colors weren’t quite the same as what I had thought they’d be.. but compared to going to a florist, this is totally worth it. If you don’t mind being a little flexible with what you want, this is perfect.

Sent on 09/18/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 17
    The Bouqs Co. 18
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 12/28/2018

4.2

Wedding Flowers

The Bouqs was a very cost-effective option for our small wedding. The bouquets we received had some damage from freezing during shipping, and two of our corsages were broken in half. Customer service was helpful during the entire process, and is currently refunding us for the broken stems. Advice: be prepared that shipped flowers may not arrive completely intact if you are booking this service, but overall the flowers are very beautiful.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Colleen · Married on 08/27/2016

3.5

I purchased a Groupon and ordered a very bridal looking bouquet that we wrapped ourselves for my bouquet. It worked out REALLY well!!! The flowers arrived in a FedEx box and were very fresh looking. The delicate cala's had small brown spots on them by the end of the night, but still worth the price!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Lynna · Married on 11/14/2015

3.0

Meghann was so great during the planning process. Our florist had a family emergency and had to back out on us about a month before the wedding, so I was in a bit of a panic. I was super nervous to order all of my floral online, there was no time to worry about the unknowns. Meghann assured me that if something wasn't in great shape or not what I expected, theBouqs would work to make it right. When I received the flowers, I was really impressed. They opened up after a day in water and were perfect to work with. One snafu - I ordered blue thistle and what was delivered was paint dipped pink. Meghann worked to find replacements but could not, so she refunded me for the amount and sent me 50 stems of Eucalyptus to help make up for it. The flowers were fine without it, but it would have been 5 stars without that mistake (which wasn't Meghann's fault at all). Everything was beautiful and it was a great experience overall.

Sent on 12/16/2015