The Bouqs Co. Reviews

121 | Marina del Rey, CA

121 Reviews for The Bouqs Co.

The Bouqs Co. 1
The Bouqs Co. 2
The Bouqs Co. 3
The Bouqs Co. 4
The Bouqs Co. 5
The Bouqs Co. 6
The Bouqs Co. 7

I wanted real flowers at my wedding, but there was no way I could afford to buy them from a florist. I had a DIY wedding, and was willing to make my own bouquets and boutonnieres, but didn't even know where to start. Enter: The Bouqs - an online flower delivery service. You can buy flowers in pre-ordered bunches (a la 1800flowers) BUT the best part is their FREE wedding concierge service. I talked directly with a customer service rep who shared their wedding bulk order page. I paid for a bulk order of 200 stems and was able to pick which flowers I wanted. They arrived on the exact delivery day I requested and were stunning. Roses were carefully packed so they wouldn't break or be bruised. Every flower had long stems, so I could customize the length. And honestly, the flowers were the most stunning part of my event!

You do have to assemble your bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and centerpieces yourself, but this turned out to be a fun pre-wedding project for my aunts and bridesmaids. If you aren't afraid of doing a little work, you will save yourself a TON of money....and no one will be able to to tell you didn't order from a florist!

Sent on 08/10/2015

The Bouqs Co.'s reply:

Wow- so happy to hear you loved your flowers! Congratulations so glad we could help make your wedding extra special!

Stepha @ Team Bouqs

Kelly · Married on 05/23/2015

My flowers were AMAZING! They arrived to us the Thursday before my (saturday) wedding. They were still blooming almost 2 weeks later. I even had some sitting in my garage after the wedding (what else can you do when you have 15 centerpieces) and in the hot garage they were blooming for so long.

My only problem with this service, was the stress involved with putting together my own bouqets and centerpieces. The flowers arrived in large boxes and all needed to be cut and stored until the big day. There were so many flowers we didn't really know how to store them. Also, maybe the company could include better directions or suggestions on how to arrange the bouquets and centerpieces. The instructions just tell you how many of each flower go into each set. There were so many extra flowers, we had almost double what they recommended for each piece. It would be cool if the company would put up videos on how to arrange to watch before you are there for your big day.

Overall, the product was amazing---but not having a florist to do the work for you was stressful.

Sent on 06/17/2015

The Bouqs Co.'s reply:

Blooms on Blooms! Thank you so much for your feedback, we are always working to improve our Wedding experience.

Stepha@ Team Bouqs

I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted for that day but Stepha really helped bring my vision together during our walk through. She made great recommendations for a flower crown, alternative ideas for boutonnieres and bouquets, and made sure that I was covering all my bases (extra tables, reusing aisle flowers, etc.). The expertise and quality of the flowers gave me peace of mind and confidence that the day-of delivery would be as planned.

It really helped that I found a florist that was able to receive, store, and put the arrangements together that day so all I had to do was place the order. Super easy.

Only qualm was that there was greenery that we got separately but it wasn't really too much of an issue since my florist was able to handle that aspect.

Sent on 08/14/2015

The Bouqs Co.'s reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad we were able to help bring your vision to life.

Stepha @ Team Bouqs

Kristin · Married on 06/02/2018

I purchased the 20 piece Forever white wedding flower package with purple ribbon. The flowers looked great and were shipped on time. The flowers came with easy to follow directions and were affordable.

Sent on 08/06/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 8

Mir · Married on 09/15/2017

Gorgeous creations! Would reccomend!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Melissa · Married on 12/03/2016

Ordered one bouq from them for my wedding. It turned out stunning. Great price. Beautiful flowers. Make sure to get the flowers at least 3 days prior to the event.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Janet · Married on 07/16/2016

The flowers for my daughter's wedding were amazing. With very little experience and $1100 worth of flowers, we created 9 bouquets, 11 boutiniers, and 18 centerpieces. We were so proud of our work! Bouqs provided a list of how many of each flower to include in each bouquet, which allowed us to become instant experts in arranging. It was fun, very satisfying, and only took 3 of us maybe 5 hours to complete. The flowers arrived right on time Thursday morning for a Saturday wedding, and they still look pretty good tonight (Tuesday).

Sent on 07/19/2016

I worked with Meghann at Bouqs. She was absolutely wonderful! Some of the flowers (hydrangea) came wilted and she immediately sent out another batch, and they arrived in time to use for my wedding... The rest of the flowers were stunning (garden roses and lisianthus)!!

I used the Bouqs flowers (along with some local flower shop flowers) to do my centerpieces and boutonnieres. I was really happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 05/04/2016

I ordered two bouquets from The Bouqs for my elopement I was planning. I had contacted customer service to ask for the delivery timing to make sure the flowers opened up in time- they were so helpful! I highly recommend using them for any flower needs you might need!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/17/2018

Bouqs was amazing! The only reason why I gave them 4/5 stars under the “Value” category is because I personally think they sent the flowers one day too early. They sent my flowers 4 days before my wedding, and a dozen of my roses started to wilt a little. They were very accommodating and quick to respond though and they sent out two dozen roses, which I received the very next day after notifying them. If they sent the flowers 3 days before my wedding, I think I would have been golden. Despite that, I loved Bouqs services, from the flower coordinator, the flowers themselves bloomed beautifully and the ones that wilted I pulled the outer petals and they were still good to use, their professionalism, and their helpfulness (they respond rather quickly). I’d use them again for other celebrations. The price is very reasonable as well - way better than using a wedding florist.

Sent on 08/24/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 9
    The Bouqs Co. 10

Anna · Married on 04/22/2017

This is the smartest way to do flowers for your wedding. As long as you're not too particular about how things turn out (since you're making everything yourself), it's the best bang for your buck. I had my bridesmaids and family help make 10 centerpieces, 3 bouquets, and 7 boutonnieres for right around $600. I also had my heart set on a particular kind of flower that wasn't in their typical packages, but they worked with me to source them from a wholesaler. The centerpieces and bouquets turned out beautifully and I got a ton of compliments on everything (people couldn't believe it was DIY). The only snag we had was that we didn't make the boutonnieres quite right and they weren't pinning on the guys' jackets, so they left them off. Wasn't a big deal, but just shows the kind of things that can happen when you're not a professional florist! If I could do it again I probably would have ordered those and some corsages from a florist and done the bouquets and centerpieces myself. Really great service from this company - responsive, thorough, and friendly. They provide a ton of tutorials and videos to help you, even giving a "recipe" for what to put in each arrangement based on what you order.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Maggie · Married on 11/12/2016

If you are able to follow instructions and work with your hands, I would recommend the bouqs. They helped us save so much money and I didn't have to compromise on flowers at all. We had them delivered Wednesday for a Saturday wedding and put them in water Wednesday, built the bouquets and centerpieces on Thursday, and wrapped the ribbon on Friday. All in all I had about ten or so people working, so if you have a lot of bridesmaids or aunts or whoever that want to help it will definitely be doable. Make sure you have a basement or something to keep them cool, though! Also, they said they would require a signature upon delivery, but ours didn't.

Also there were a lot more flowers than we thought! We were able to put flowers everywhere, and they were so beautiful. Great experience!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Caitlin · Married on 06/12/2018

I was extremely impressed with The Bouqs Co. I'd looked into florists in my area and was overwhelmed with how extremely expensive floral arrangements would be and unwilling to put so much of my budget into flowers. I actually saw an ad on Facebook for The Bouqs Co. and decided to check it out. I sent them an email and they fully personalized all of my floral arrangements, from my bouquets to my centerpieces, just the way I wanted it. I got cool water, ocean song, and earl grey roses, purple hydrangea, sunflowers, baby's breath, and ruscus. I was anxious about DIYing my own flowers, so I ordered more flowers than I thought I'd need while still remaining extremely underbudget. My dad and I were also nervous about the condition in which the flowers would arrive. Our flowers came in the Saturday before our Tuesday wedding in gorgeous condition. My maid of honor, sister, and I unpacked, trimmed, and placed all 550+ flowers in the living room of my apartment in about an hour and a half with tools from the dollar tree. We transported them in five gallon buckets to our hotel, where my entire bridal party and my parents arranged them in one of their event rooms the night before the wedding. Our flowers were STUNNING! I will say, the hydrangea we had to be careful with arranging because the inside flowers of several stems had become brown and mushy. I would also not recommend ordering their sunflowers -- I had a test bouquet sent in a week before our delivery date, and the sunflowers never bloomed. They were still mostly closed two weeks after I'd received them. We tried to force the sunflowers to open but they never did, so that was a little disappointing, but we could still see some of the yellow and they were still pretty, I just wouldn't recommend for anyone else to get them. The roses were gorgeous and we ended up with far more flowers than we needed, so we were able to cover every inch of my venue in flowers. It made for a gorgeous ceremony and reception!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 11
    The Bouqs Co. 12
    The Bouqs Co. 13
    The Bouqs Co. 14
    The Bouqs Co. 15
  • dipps

Tana · Married on 07/02/2016

If you are thinking about doing your own wedding flowers and shopping around for bulk flowers, look no further! I price compared dozens of wholesale flower vendors and by far The Bouqs was able to provide the best value. They have several wedding packages you can choose from - I choose the Heart to Heart collection in their largest size - and it was more than enough flowers for over 20 centerpieces, 6 bridesmaids, my huge bridal bouquet, mothers, etc. I did order a small amount of ranunculus from another vendor for boutonnieres because The Bouqs could not get it for me (low supply) but they were very quick to get back to me about that and communicated why they didn't have it in stock. Overall, my flowers came out amazing and I saved THOUSANDS by using The Bouqs. The flowers arrived fresh, they come with easy to follow care instructions, they bloomed the morning of the wedding and lasted over a week after the wedding!!!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Beth · Married on 05/21/2016

3.5

I could not get to my bridesmaids physically to ask them if they would stand for me. I sent them both the Peace Bouquet with the big question on the gift card. Wanted the flowers to arrive on Wednesday. Both ladies were thrilled! I saw one bouquets when it was 10 days old- I was amazed that it was still beautiful.

Sent on 06/13/2016

They were very helpful in planning my last minute flower arrangements for my wedding (like 1-week-before-the-wedding last minute.) I chose to create my own by ordering in bulk instead of choosing one of the "bridal packages." Meghann was very helpful with helping me get the flowers I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. There was a goof-up with FedEx and my flowers arrived a day early-which usually isn't an issue, but with time sensitive flowers, I was a bit concerned. Before I even had a chance to email Meghann and see if my flowers would make it the extra couple days until my wedding, she was already calling me and making sure they had arrived safely and nicely explained that it was a mixup on FedEx's part. She also explained that being the flowers are cut fresh and shipped immediately, they would stay alive and beautiful for at least 2 more weeks. I did have 2 dozen of my roses that were not packaged correctly and were not able to be used, but thankfully I had plenty of extra to cover that loss. Otherwise, the rest of the flowers were sent to me in perfect shape (I was nervous that they would freeze or be damaged in the -30 MN windchill), they remained beautiful for the wedding, and lasted for about 2 weeks after the wedding. I definitely would recommend The Bouqs to future brides who want the look of professionally designed flowers for a fraction of the cost. I cut my cost in half and got twice as many flowers as I had originally been quoted on with local vendors.

Sent on 02/05/2016

Kimi · Married on 10/10/2015

I had specific flowers I wanted at my wedding, but was looking for a more affordable option than a traditional florist. The Bouqs Co. has a number of curated floral packages for you to chose from as well as bulk mixed flower options--I ended up doing a combination of both and was extremely satisfied with the quality of flowers when they arrived.

My only recommendation to The Bouqs Co. is to consider including the number of stems of each flower that goes into each item in the curated packages (Bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquet, centerpiece, etc). While it is super fun to create your own bouquets, it can be a little daunting when digging into the 1000+ stems and wondering if the number you're using for creating bouquets will leave enough for the centerpieces.

Information on supplies you will need to prep flowers and assemble arrangements for your wedding isn't included with your order, so know that you will likely need the following items for assembling your flowers: LOTS of buckets for storing and prepping flowers, pruning shears, floral tape, floral pins, and wet foam (depending on how you plan to arrange centerpieces). My bridesmaids and I assembled the bouquets and centerpieces the day before the wedding and the girls had a blast with the activity. It can be a lot of work depending on the size of your wedding and the number of stems you order, but so worth it! I wouldn't have gone another route or with another vendor for my wedding flowers.

Sent on 11/04/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful flowers at an unbeatable price

I was initially nervous about ordering flowers online for my wedding, but a girlfriend reassured me that she had never experienced a problem ordering from them before and the price was unbeatable. Samantha made the process smooth and painless. I placed my order via email and was able to list out exactly what I wanted within the confines of their package. I wish there was a bit more flexibility in terms of creating individualized packages so I could order only as many bridesmaid bouquets as I needed (I ended up having a couple extra because no package had the specific amount I needed and I had to over order). But there's no such thing as too many flowers at a wedding and it was easy to utilize the leftover blooms elsewhere.
    The flowers arrived incredibly well packaged. Not a single stem was damaged, fully open or dead. They arrived two days before the event; the perfect amount of time for the blooms to open and be camera-ready day of. I will definitely be ordering from Bouqs again!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    The Bouqs Co. 16
    The Bouqs Co. 17
    The Bouqs Co. 18

Brigitte · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful flowers, great value for the crafty bride!

I wanted simple but beautiful flowers for my wedding, but local vendors weren't able to fit my limited budget or weren't transparent or competent enough to give me pricing information without requiring an in-person meeting. As someone who loves nature and flowers, I was sad as I began to consider a wedding without any flowers. I started researching pre-made bouquets and came across The Bouqs. Their arrangements were so gorgeous compared to Sam’s Club and Costco. I initially emailed The Bouqs inquiring about their pre-made bouquets, having no intention to do my own flowers. When I priced everything out, the DIY packages were a much better value and I was able to get exactly what I wanted. I went for the Heartfelt package but swapped the Nena rose based on a photo I saw in their ad. I watched a TON of YouTube tutorials in the months leading up the wedding, purchased all the supplies, and made a pricing spreadsheet and a week-of-wedding plan. Having never assembled a bouquet before or put together an arrangement, I prepped and assembled all the bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnieres for my entire wedding, and I couldn't be happier. I had a great sense of accomplishment and people continually asked me if I was a florist. I got so many compliments and I am thrilled with how it all turned out! The flowers arrived on time (Weds morning for Sat wedding) and looked just like the photos once I gave them some love and water. The roses were so fluffy! I had so many flowers left over, too. I asked Aimee many questions along the way and she patiently answered them all - even giving me tips for transporting the flowers so they didn't tip over. I am so happy I went with The Bouqs and had the accomplishment of doing my own flowers for a very reasonable price. For the DIY bride who wants beautiful flowers and is super organized, crafty, and willing to research, I would highly recommend The Bouqs!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    The Bouqs Co. 19
    The Bouqs Co. 20

Rebecca · Married on 04/27/2018

Our flowers were beautiful! We opted for the prearranged package and it went well with our wedding. The team there was very easy to communicate with and eased any pre wedding flower jitters. Some of the flowers were a bit "sad looking" the morning of the wedding and nothing too dramatic and they easily perked up with a little fizzy water and baby asprin. They are flowers after all and not meant to last forever. The only hiccup we had was that the flowers arrived almost a full 24 hours later than expected (5pm the evening before the wedding). This was nerve racking however I was able to communicate with the company via email when they did not arrive and they did provide an updated arrival time and a promise to refund shipping cost. Would definitely use again. Great price for the quality!

Sent on 05/23/2018
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 03/03/2018

Bouqs is PERFECT for a DIY bride on a tight budget. I would have loved to have chosen a local florist, but unfortunately I could not afford $1-2k for flowers- just not in the cards for us! However, I loved Bouq’s service. It was very easy to place the order & the ladies are super responsive and friendly & answer all your questions quickly. My only issue with communication was that it’s through email, so it’s very hard to speak to a person over the phone. Luckily, they make up for that with their professionalism & quick replies. As for the flowers, they turned out fantastic. I would suggest that you assemble them the day before the wedding- which we went that route & im glad we did. I feel like if I had done it any earlier the flowers would have wilted quicker. They were all gorgeous & bloomed for the day of. The only flower that wilted was the dusty Miller. If I had had room in my fridge I would’ve kept them in there- but we had so much food in there from the rehearsal dinner LOL! We did a lot of our stuff DIY, so I guess that’s some of what happens when you’re cutting costs. Bouqs is wonderful! Thank you

Sent on 04/12/2018

Everything was perfect highly reccomend

Sent on 03/08/2017

Kirsty · Married on 10/29/2016

This company was great! Such a great value for gorgeous flowers! We had a snafu with the greens portion of our flowers and they called a local florist to have them delivered in plenty of time for us to make our arrangements. We will definitely be using them again for all our small and large floral needs. The low cost and minimal flower arranging made our wedding perfect!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

3.5

Prompt responses, great prices for beautiful flowers, a lot of work so be prepared with helpers

Sent on 09/27/2016

Anastasia · Married on 06/05/2016

I did not get as much consultation as the other brides here, but that is OK because I like their Heart to Heart package a lot. Also a little confused with delivery dates and how much time the flowers need to blossom.

Sent on 10/07/2015

The Bouqs Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback! We delivery all flowers 3 days prior to the event- this gives the flowers 2 days to bloom before arranging. Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

-Stepha @Team Bouqs