The BonBonerie Reviews

114 | Cincinnati, OH

114 Reviews for The BonBonerie

The BonBonerie was great! The cake was delicious and beautiful, and the staff was friendly and professional. The tasting process was easy and helpful. We would definitely recommend The BonBonerie to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 08/17/2013

THE BEST CAKE I'VE EVER HAD!!! It was gorgeous and perfect! And all our guests raved about it! I'm so happy I went with them for the perfect wedding cake!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Melanie · Married on 09/24/2011

The BonBonerie was wonderful from our free tasting (with tons of leftovers!) to delivering a beautiful and delicious cake on the wedding day. Everything was just as we had discussed. Our deposit was also quickly returned upon turning in the cake tray.

Sent on 11/25/2011

Caitlin · Married on 06/11/2010

They provided my dream wedding cake. Everyone was very impressed with the results. However the decorative sugar flowers cost as much as my cake, but they were the part I loved the most.

Sent on 07/16/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2007

You'll pay a premium, but it is well worth it for the best cake in Cincinnati. After visiting other well-recommended bakeries and learning that they use cake mix (!) for their expensive wedding cakes, we went back to our favorite - The Bonbonerie - because we were so certain of the quality of cake we'd get. They didn't disappoint! Our wedding cake was beautiful - exactly what we wanted, and it tasted delicious.

Our favors were also bride-and-groom cookies from the Bonbonerie. Honestly, I didn't think they were a big deal. I just didn't know what else to use as a favor, and the Bonbonerie graciously offered to wrap them and tie all the bows and everything, so it was one less thing we had to do right before the wedding! Our family buys these cookies for every special event, so I forget how good they are. The guests raved about them for weeks afterwards though :)

Sent on 08/08/2008

Laura · Married on 11/22/2014

Our cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious! We did several cake tastings all over the city. However, this was the best one. They gave us whole slices of several different cakes, offered us drinks, and spent time with us going over everything. Other places let us sample tiny little slivers with nothing to drink and were not nearly as friendly. The cake tasting at BonBonerie was an experience in itself. We were so glad we went with them. Our cake was exactly what we had asked for and looked amazing!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Kelsey · Married on 07/04/2014

My fiance and I initially did a cake tasting at BonBonerie because they were highly recommend online and in every Cincinnati wedding magazine I read. We chose the White Chocolate Romance cake for ~125 people and it was absolutely amazing. Carol and the staff at BonBonerie were outstanding to work with and very, very responsive. Thank you BonBonerie!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/20/2013

The cake turned out amazing. Bonbonnerie did an amazing job and I'd highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Heather · Married on 11/17/2012

You know you are going to get a great cake when you go to BonBonerie. They have a very well respected name in Cincinnati and they definitely lived up to my expectations. Our cake was beautiful and delicious. We had the white chocolate cake with a raspberry filling. The cake was light, almost like a sponge cake, and had a delicate yet rich flavor. I liked that it didn't make you feel sick and weighed down after eating it--we wanted everyone to get up and dance so it worked out perfectly! We got a lot of compliments on how good the cake was.

I rated a little less than a 5 for professionalism because at first we were considering just cupcakes and I felt like we weren't taken as seriously until we decided to go with a cake. From that point onward though, everything was very professional and I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing. They took care of contacting our reception site and arranging for the delivery so it was nice not to have to worry about that.

You may pay a little more for a BonBonerie cake but they really do a great job. I would definitely recommend them. They are very generous with the tasting portions too!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Susan · Married on 05/19/2012

I've adored the Bonbonerie tea room for many years and was so excited to get our wedding cake there! We got the lemon cake with buttercream frosting and many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. Some even had two pieces, including myself :)

Sent on 06/08/2012

Eric · Married on 09/17/2011

The cake that arrived did not look like the one we had picked out. The one originally chosen had several large flowers; this one had many tiny flowers. Overall though, it still looked beautiful and tasted fantastic. I would recommend.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Jenna · Married on 07/09/2011

A little expensive, but worth it! The cake was the best of any we tasted and they also had very unique and beautiful designs. After 4 tastings, BonBonerie was a clear favorite. Would recommend them!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Mary · Married on 09/04/2010

The only thing I was not willing to cut corners on was the wedding cake, so naturally we went chose to go "cake tasting" at the BonBonerie. I know no one could match them in quality or taste, but we were pleasantly surprised to learn that they were very reasonably priced. Not only was the cake absolutely beautiful, but it tasted heavenly too. They exceeded our expectations in everyway!

Sent on 11/18/2010

Melissa · Married on 05/29/2010

Our cake was a simple design and they did a great job. The cake was delicious and we received a lot of compliments. The cake tasting was a lot of fun and they were very easy to work with.

Sent on 09/30/2010

Ryan · Married on 12/12/2009

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. We were very happy that we worked with The BonBonerie for our wedding. Their cakes are known very being amazing and they did not fail to live up to their reputation. Thank you for a cake that was stunning as well as mouth watering!

-Christina

Sent on 01/16/2010

Julie · Married on 07/04/2008

Although their cakes are a little more expensive, they really are worth the extra cost. The cake was delicious and they were professional and easy to work with. They do a great job meeting with you and helping you decide the flavor and decorations and are really knowledgeable. (For instance, we had an outside tent wedding and they were able to tell us what flavors and icings would and wouldn't hold up in the heat)

Sent on 08/23/2008

Jack · Married on 05/03/2008

We just loved the BonBonerie! They had a huge selection of designs and their cakes taste amazing! They are the best value in town. Believe me, I tasted the cakes at all the best bakeries for our wedding.

Sent on 06/17/2008

Emily · Married on 07/28/2007

I have never had anything from BonBonerie that wasn't amazing, and the cake was no exception. They were able to capture just the right look and the taste is beyond description!

Sent on 03/30/2008

Abbey · Married on 02/12/2009

Our wedding cake turned out better than I could have imagined.BonBonerie made us a great tasting almond cake with french butter cake.The design made the cake look breath taking.I loved coming in for their tasting and working with the staff.

Sent on 01/09/2010

grace · Married on 09/23/2007

The BonBonerie makes delicious and adorable european style cakes that aren't overly sweet. Well known in the area for their opera creme torte, they have other lovely flavors of cakes, too (we went with half torte, half Tangerine Moon). We certainly loved ours! And they also did a custom chinese character design on our cake. We were very pleased!

Sent on 01/28/2008

Jeremy · Married on 07/01/2006

The Bonbonerie had the best cakes of any we tried. The service was excellent, people were friendly and the cake was beautiful.

The cakes were relatively expensive, but definitely worth it. The flavors were to die for. Getting responses via email is somewhat difficult. However, this is to be expected as they are a bakery not an office. If you want to get anything aside from the standard designs, you will end up paying for it. But, they have an incredibly good selection of standard cake designs.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to get married in the near future.

Sent on 02/18/2008

Carrie · Married on 03/27/2010

The quality of the BonBonerie's cakes are undeniable! From the initial tasting through all consultations, they were very easy to work with! They were always very friendly! My cake was beautiful! Guests were taking pictures of it all night long! It tasted even better! You can't go wrong entrusting Bonbonerie with your cake!

Sent on 07/26/2010

Lindsay · Married on 10/11/2008

3.5

Our cake was gorgeous. I have never heard more people talk about how beautiful a cake was. We met with Bon Bonerie for a relaxing Saturday morning tea and cake tasting. They completely handled the rest: tiers, scheduling delivery, etc.

Sent on 01/20/2009

Ann · Married on 05/31/2008

3.0

Amazing but expensive.

Sent on 01/13/2009

beth · Married on 05/27/2007

3.0

We planned our wedding from minnesota and they were very flexible with the distance, schedule, everything. Plus the cake was delicious!

Sent on 10/20/2007