The BonBonerie Reviews

114 | Cincinnati, OH

114 Reviews for The BonBonerie

• Kim

Kim · Married on 05/20/2011

Delicious, beautiful and reasonably priced.

I definitely recommend the BonBonerie!

Sent on 06/07/2011
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 12/31/2010

After tasting other treats in the bakery, we knew we were going to have our cake from BonBonerie. I am not really a cake person, but when I tasted their cakes I was delighted. They are fantastic. The cake was beautiful and we got many compliments on it. The process to order the cake was simple and hassle free.

Sent on 01/25/2011

Sara · Married on 10/23/2010

Very easy to work with Carol- she showed us all of the standard designs and actually helped us come up with a new design that better matched our style by combining two of the cake designs. So yummy-- lots of compliments, especially on the unique almond flavor.

Sent on 12/19/2010

Ann · Married on 10/10/2010

Our cake was so delicious and beautiful. We had assumed that The Bonbonerie would be more expensive than other places but were surprised to find that it wasn't!

We tasted great cake at other places but the cake at The Bonbonerie was so much lighter which we thought would be great at the end of a big meal.

They were very helpful and it turned out great.

Sent on 10/24/2010

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2010

This is the best cake in the city!!! We chose the most popular for wedding cakes which is the Opera Cream. Delicious as always. We didn't have to think about which place to get our cake, this is truly the best cake I have ever had. The cake was decorated beautifully and exactly the way I wanted it. You can never go wrong with The BonBonerie! I would NOT recommend anyone going anywhere else! It was a no-brainer.

Sent on 10/13/2010

brandy · Married on 09/03/2010

our wedding cake was so yummy! It was unique and unlike any other.. I told them what I wanted and they delivered 100% I knew at our tasting that they would be the one to make our cake. I highly suggest them for all your bakery needs!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Megan · Married on 07/31/2010

Yummy and BEAUTIFUL!

Sent on 04/13/2011

Nicole · Married on 06/05/2010

How can you go wrong with the BonBonerie. My husband was set on having them do our wedding cake and I think he made a great choice. The cake was amazing and everyone was raving about! They were easy to work with and were willing to change one of their designs to make it more unique to our wedding! It turned out just as I imagined. Thanks for making our day memorable.

-Nicole and Nathan Kight

Sent on 09/29/2010

The cake was delicious and beautiful! A very friendly, responsive and professional team. Every phone call returned, cake as promised and delivered on time. Couldn't ask for anything more from a vendor.
    Thank you Carol and the BonBonerie : )

Book early so you don't miss out!

Sent on 05/30/2011

Nicole · Married on 04/10/2010

My wedding cake was one of our favorite parts of our wedding. Not only did it taste sinful but the look of the cake was absolutely breathtaking. And the ladies that helped me design and pick out my cake flavor was more than helpful. The price was a little bit more than I wanted to spend at the time but, after comparing other cake tastes and designs, it was a no brainer. Bonbonerie was the winner!! Highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/17/2011

Sogol · Married on 04/03/2010

I have been to many weddings and have seen gorgeous cakes that tasted badly, and then I have also seen pretty (but not gorgeous) cakes that tasted very good. BonBonerie was able combine the best of both worlds by creating a beautiful cake that tasted amazing. Honestly, although I have seen wedding cakes that are just as beautiful or more beautiful than my wedding cake, I have never had one that tasted better. They have a wide assortment of cake designs to choose from, and their cake actually tastes better on the wedding day than at the taste test! If you are interested in great tasting AND a beautiful cake, BonBonerie is your bakery.

Sent on 08/23/2010

Nikki · Married on 05/16/2009

The BonBonerie has the best and most amazing wedding cakes- their wedding cake just melts in your mouth!! You definitely can't go wrong with BonBonerie- our favorite is the Raspberry Romance- amazing and everyone loves it! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious!! They did an awesome job and I would definitely recommend them to any couple!!

Sent on 10/27/2009
  • Paula

Paula · Married on 04/18/2009

you can never go wrong with The BonBonerie. They did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Some guests went back for a second piece of cake!

Sent on 07/17/2009

Jennifer · Married on 04/04/2009

I had an idea, and they were more than willing to work with me and create a beautiful and delicious cake. They also worked within my budget.

Sent on 11/13/2010

Stacey · Married on 09/20/2008

Planning: A
    Day of: A

We chose a non-traditional cake alternative (after Marilyn's Cakes backed out on me 3 weeks prior to my wedding). We did 10 Bonbonerie signature tortes and displayed them on antique cake pedestals. They were a HUGE hit. Cake for 200 people was wiped out in no time at all. Bonbonerie delivered them for a nominal fee and I did all the ordering over the phone. Easy and yummy.

Sent on 12/15/2008

Lisa · Married on 06/07/2008

Everything from the cake tasting to the execution of the cake itself turned out beautifully. They are very professional and their cakes are to die for!

Sent on 07/19/2008

Robyn · Married on 05/31/2008

Cake was spectacular. I submitted my own design, and we had to transport it to toledo. The wedding cake coordinator helped soo much.

Sent on 09/03/2008

Andrea · Married on 05/03/2008

We LOVED our cake. It was a highlight for me, we went with the Tangerine Moon flavor and got so many compliments.

Sent on 01/30/2009

Carrie · Married on 12/29/2007

The cake was exactly like they said it would be, they were punctual and delivered the cake where we wanted it. The cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful. The only problem was that the top layer of the cake didn't fit in the box that they gave us to freeze it in. We had to find a different box.

Sent on 01/13/2008

Joy · Married on 10/20/2007

We used BonBonerie for my sisters wedding 2 years ago and the cake was beautiful and yummy, I knew I would use them too if I every married. I did use them and was very happy with the cake and it was delicious. I was very very happy with the service and product that BonBonerie provided.

Sent on 11/30/2007

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2007

Let us design our own cake and had many delicious flavors. Couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 12/10/2007

S.L. · Married on 09/15/2006

Best wedding cake I've EVER had. Everyone was asking about it weeks after the wedding. The staff was phenomenal.

Sent on 11/18/2008

alissa · Married on 09/12/2003

Our cake turned out just how I wanted it. It was delicious too! We chose a chocolate cake with a raspberry filling and a chocolate frosting. Our wedding was outside and the weather was too hot to have chocolate frosting. We were warned that if the weather was too hot we would not be able to have our chocolate icing and would have a white frosting instead. It still turned out lovely! The cake tasting was very yummy too!

Sent on 11/09/2008

Jenn · Married on 01/21/2017

Bonbonerie makes the BEST wedding cake!! Our wedding was a few weeks ago and we are still receiving compliments on how rich and delicious the cake tasted. There was a minor mishap; we requested raspberry filling in the white cake, but it was left out due to a communication mix up. The Bonbonerie was extremely apologetic and generous in remediating the situation. It was a minor error and the cake still tasted amazing - the guests never knew otherwise!

Sent on 02/08/2017

The BonBonerie's reply:

Hi Jenn!

I'm so glad we were able to rectify the mishap with the jam! I'm also very glad everyone enjoyed the cake! It was a pleasure working with you, and I really hope to see you in the future!

Samantha · Married on 08/28/2016

I went to three cake tastings around Cincinnati, and BonBonerie was by far the best cake we tasted. The staff was really excited about helping us, and gave us really clear directions the entire process, from how the tasting would go, until how they would leave the cake at the reception hall.
    We ordered way too much cake, but no worries, because now we have a lot in our freezer for another special occasion.
    My favorite thing about the cake was that our names were spelled in Hebrew around the cake. I printed out our names on a sheet of paper, gave it to the woman we met with, and it was written as if the decorator had known Hebrew her whole life! It was so beautiful to have that personal touch on the cake.
    One other thing I really liked about Bonbonerie was that I asked about the ingredients in the cake, since my husband and I are vegetarian. The woman who met with us for the cake tasting went in the back and checked the ingredients in the jam just to make sure we were keeping to our dietary needs.
    The cake itself seemed a bit pricey, but it was well worth it, especially since we have so much left over.

Sent on 02/12/2017

The BonBonerie's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful review Samantha! We very much enjoyed working with you and Jason! Congratulations to you both! Hope to see you again in the future! Please say "hi" if you stop in!