The BonBonerie Reviews

114 | Cincinnati, OH

114 Reviews for The BonBonerie

cake was amazing! They made it exactly how I wanted it. The flavor was to die for and the cake was so fresh. So many guests complimented it at the wedding

Sent on 01/08/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/10/2014

The process to pick the cake was very well done and easy, the cake was there on time and as discussed, and I received so many compliments on how great it tasted.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Absolutely wonderful!
    Beautiful and delicious!
    It was a pleasure to work with them.

Sent on 08/15/2014

The BonBonerie's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We're very happy that you were pleased with your wedding cake :)

Meghan · Married on 01/04/2014

We ordered our wedding cake through the bonbonerie and it was amazing! The tasting was great, they delivered the cake on time and without any problems and it looked beautiful. It was very affordable and tasted better than most wedding cakes I've tried. Absolutely no complaints!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Amazing to work with, amazing cake! Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind spending just a little extra for an amazing cake quality and design!

Sent on 11/02/2013

The BonBonerie is fantastic. The tasting was fun, you're able to customize your order, and their delivery was on time and accurate on our wedding day. Most importantly, the cake was delicious and we can't wait to eat the top for our anniversary this year!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Alexandria · Married on 09/29/2013

The BonBonerie was recommended to us by my parents, who got their wedding cake from there 8 years ago. It was the only place we went cake tasting, because from that point we knew we had to have the BonBonerie make our cakes. All of the flavors and textures were so perfect, and there was so much variety. We had 5 single cakes including the anniversary cake in 4 different flavors, and they were all delicious. I really need to express how easy it was communicating with Maggie and Carol, and also the absolute precision with which they executed the designs. When we first went in, I had a couple of pictures explaining the idea I wanted to go for, but soon realized that I had a very clear vision in my head of what I expected the cakes to look like. I drew and colored several sketches explaining the exact designs in the exact colors on which cakes and the exact arrangement I wanted the cakes in on the table, and that is exactly what I got. I had bridal henna, and I wanted two of the cake top designs to match the design on my palms, and they did precisely. I cannot recommend the BonBonerie enough for flavor, service, and design.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Erin · Married on 09/21/2013

LOVED my cake and cupcakes! I came in with picture of a cake covered in rainbow round sprinkles (I forget the official name) and they re-created it perfectly! I bought the white ribbon I wanted around each tier (3 total) and they put it on. In addition, they make vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles on top to feed the masses. Each cupcake was enough for two people due to being so yummy! The cake flavors were almond with almost cream and vanilla with raspberry jam. We didn't bother saving the top tier, due to moving cross country, so I don't know how well they freeze. I'm sure excellent if you follow the provided instructions. If something does go wrong why not go back and share a fresh slice of heaven!

Sent on 03/19/2014

When we got engaged, there was never a question of where we could get our wedding cake. I'm so glad we didn't ever question our decision! We were told throughout the evening by our guests that ours was the best wedding cake they had ever had - it truly tastes just as good as it does at the tasting! Thank you, BonBonerie!!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Mallory · Married on 06/30/2013

The BonBonerie was great to work with when ordering our wedding cake! All of our guests raved about how delicious the cake and cupcakes were - we took home far less cake than I thought we would because so many people took extra slices home!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Andrea · Married on 06/28/2013

I remember looking at the BonBonerie wedding cakes in the glass cases as a little girl, so it was fun to go back and pick one out with my now husband.
    It was as beautiful and delicious as everything in the BonBonerie is. We picked the chocolate cake with a caramel type of filling. Happily, there was some extra that I am still eating.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Lynsey · Married on 06/01/2013

Our wedding cake looked exactly how I imagined, and of course, the guests raved over the two flavors. Thank you, Carol, for your professionalism and for making this process so easy.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Victoria · Married on 06/01/2013

Our opera cream torte cake was beautiful and delicious. They were by far the most professional on our initial visit. They are slightly more expensive than some of the places but worth every penny.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/05/2013

How can you go wrong with the BonBonerie? The cake was GORGEOUS! The wedding topper they ordered was stunning - and they were so willing to work with us! We had Opera Cream & Raspberry Romance and both were a hit - they also did our favors [monogrammed cookies] and everyone loved them. So wonderful!

Sent on 01/23/2013

lindsey · Married on 12/08/2012

I can't say enough about our wedding cake. It was PERFECT! it was DELICIOUS! And it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We got so many compliments and everyone loved it!

Sent on 05/15/2013

James · Married on 11/11/2012

The cake was the best ever! All of our guests ate every single piece and we only wish that we ordered more. We had a special design and they were very accommodating. Carol is awesome to work with and they offer so many options. We like to stop in to say hello...and get cake and treats of course! We also had a bridal tea at the Bonbonerie and the service and food were great.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Katherine · Married on 09/08/2012

I used Bon Bonerie for a dessert bar! Guest were raving about the desserts and how tasty they all were!

Sent on 09/25/2012
  • megan

megan · Married on 06/15/2012

Does it get any better than THE Bonbonerie? The cake was THE BEST and the pricing was the same you'll pay elsewhere for a sub-par box-mix made cake.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Heather · Married on 05/19/2012

Bonbonerie did our cake last week and it was amazing. We went with the salted caramel, which is a new flavor, and people are still raving about how good it tasted. I think the wedding cake tasted even better than the samples they give you at the tasting. We priced around a bit before deciding on them--honestly, it wasn't that much more expensive than other places (though I think their prices may have gone up since then?). Still, for what you get, no one else comes close!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Sarah · Married on 02/04/2012

We purchased our wedding & groom’s cake from the Bonbonerie, and had the best experience ever. Our cake-tasting was so friendly and helpful – it was the only tasting that we did where you had pieces of actual cake to try. You also get to take home what you can’t finish – we ate cake for days! YUM! We worked mainly with Carol, both in-person and via email, and she was very responsive and helpful. Their prices were amazing, considering how expensive wedding cake can be. We were quoted much higher prices at other Cincinnati bakeries.

We actually picked up our cakes (a 3 tiered wedding cake, along with the groom’s cake!!) the day before the wedding and drove them ourselves to Columbus, and I can’t tell you how reassuring the Bonbonerie staff was. Carol was so patient and calm about us transporting the cakes. These cakes were rock-solid, and looked amazing the next day for the wedding. The cakes were DELICIOUS – I had so many people tell me it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. They designed both cakes exactly as we requested, and they turned out beautifully.

Another thing we are excited about is that the Bonbonerie regularly carries the cakes we used as wedding cake – so whenever we need some wedding cake, we can go buy a little one! 

Sent on 05/29/2012
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 12/17/2011

What an amazing job they do. The cake was perfect in every way. It was simple but tasted phenomenal. Decorated exactly as we wished. The BonBonerie is a full service bakery that does wedding cakes, not a wedding cake store. The product is pure quality. It was carefully delivered and setup. They take great pride in their confections and we are grateful customers. Everyone absolutely loved the cake. Great experience.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Amber · Married on 10/08/2011

While the provided options for cake design are beautiful, I was able to design something a little different and the staff welcomed that. Went with the White Chocolate Romance flavorings, with the addition of the raspberry preserves, and it was a big hit. I also brought in decorations for the cake from an outside vendor and they incorporated them wonderfully. The BonBonerie also provided our wedding favors in the form of cupcakes for guests to take home, which went over well with said guests :)

Sent on 11/13/2011
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 08/06/2011

The BonBonerie staff do a wonderful job at listening to what you want and then helping to make it happen. We chose a cake style that was not in their repertoire, but they did a wonderful job at bringing our concept to life. We used them not only for our cake, but for cupcakes and cookies too. Simply delicious!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Tara · Married on 06/11/2011

I cannot say enough about how AMAZING my wedding cake was. It was beautiful, the most delicious cake I've ever had, and exactly what I wanted. I didn't even get to taste ahead of time since I came from out of town, but Carol helped me to figure out EXACTLY what I wanted, from design to flavor to size. We had the lemon dream, and the BonBonerie did a stunning job decorating it with red swirls on a white background, so it worked beautifully with my Indian wedding. Stunning photos, and I am already salivating over my one-year anniversary top tier...!!
    If I lived in town, I'd be at this place way too often!! Really, you cannot go wrong with BonBonerie's beautiful work, exquisite taste and lovely service. They even coordinated with all my other vendors ahead of time!

Sent on 06/16/2011