William F. Bolger Center Reviews

91 | Potomac, MD

91 Reviews for William F. Bolger Center

Jonathan and Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

We had our wedding reception in the Stained Glass Hall, and it turned out beautifully. From the beginning we worked with Debbie Halpin, who was always responsive with e-mails, and any of our questions. She also provided us with recommendations for other wedding venders, which was extremely helpful. Her knowledge and expertise gave us peace of mind throughout our planning process. Mauricio Martinez was our Banquet manager and did an amazing job setting up and running the event. The entire staff at Bolger was very attentive to our requests and ensured we had everything we needed. The rooms and reservation process was very convenient for our guests. We highly recommend Bolger for wedding reception services! They helped make our wedding day very special and memorable.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Samiat · Married on 09/14/2013

Bolger center was a beautiful venue to have both the ceremony and the reception. The landscape alone will take your breath away. We had our wedding at the stain glass hall. The hall was ideal for less than 140 guests and its high ceiling really beautify the room. Annette was very professional and attentive. She response to all our questions promptly. She ensured that we received everything that we needed and/or wanted for the ceremony and the reception. The food was really good. It was very expensive but it was worth it. Our guests was very impressed. We recommend this venue to anyone looking for an all-in-one location.

Sent on 10/05/2013

courtney · Married on 07/28/2013

Our wedding was absolutely everything we could have imagined and Debbie Halpin helped to make that possible.
    When we went to go see the venue, as soon as the doors to the Stained Glass Hall opened, I could picture my parents walking me down the aisle to my groom. The ceremony took place in the Stained Glass Hall, our cocktail hour was right outside the Benjamin Franklin building and the reception took place inside their ballroom.
    The grounds were absolutely breathtaking during the summer. Debbie worked her magic in order to make sure that we had everything we needed. If she wasn't available, or away from the office, when an email or call was place, she made sure that somebody followed up with us that same day. The month of our wedding, she checked in and let us know of all the upcoming deadlines and to see if we needed anything.
    Wedding weekend came and Debbie was there through it all. She made sure that everyone, not just myself and the groom, were satisfied. Even if we weren't happy with something on the hotel side of things (b/c it is separate from the events staff), she was on it and made sure that we had a smile on our face.
    Our wedding was 170 guest, majority of them were from out of town. Having the ceremony, reception and hotel all on one location was perfect. Since the Bolger Center isn't a typical hotel, we had the entire venue to ourselves the entire weekend. The grounds, rooms, and entire venue was always spotless and clean. Our guest were able to walk the grounds, get into DC quickly to sight see and come and go from all 3 of the area's airport without issues. People used the pool and I also used the gym.
    Although the groom and I didn't eat lots of the food, all of our guest said their meals were delicious. There were a few hiccups during our original tasting but all of our worries were put to rest during our private food tasting. The chef made sure that all of our food looked and tasted wonderful.
    I can't recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Kristen · Married on 06/29/2013

The Bolger Center was a fantastic place for our wedding reception. Debbie Halpin was wonderful to work with and did a great job of coordinating all the logistics. Our tasting was fabulous – so many wonderful options! The location was perfect and easy to access. We loved the outdoor patio for the cocktail hour. The gardens and open areas were wonderful for pictures. Out-of-town guests loved the convenience of staying there, and the rooms were very nice and affordable. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/22/2013

My reception was at the Stained Glass Hall. And the place was BEAUTIFUL. Great scenery, very pretty cocktail hour and a very beautiful reception hall. Everything was visually appealing. On top of that, the food was great and the service was awesome. The woman who really worked with me to help make my day wonderful was Debbie Halpin. She was so amazing in helping to get everything to come together! i just was overall very happy with the venue and feeling very lucky to have found out about this place!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Victoria · Married on 03/30/2013

I was the wedding coordinator for a ceremony and reception held in the Stained Glass Hall. The space is beautiful, the staff so helpful and since we had to have the room turned over, they had plenty of people helping with the turn over, went off without any issues. I worked with Debbie, Janet, Maurcio and Ahmed, along with many others from the Bolger, they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. I'm looking forward to recommending the site to my future clients.
    Perfect Detail Event Planning

Sent on 04/03/2013

Jeannie · Married on 03/16/2013

I could not be happier with the Bolger Center where I had my wedding. The staff was so wonderful and accommdating from the start of the planning process to the end. I got married in the Stained Glass Hall, and the room was gorgeous. The food was delicious and the wait staff was awesome on the wedding day both for the cocktail hour and for the reception. Thanks to the Bolger Center, I truly had my DREAM wedding!!!!

Sent on 03/19/2013
  • F

Fritz · Married on 12/15/2012

Usually the groom does not get involved; however, I was so pleased with our wedding! Everything was perfect thanks to Annette and her crew. We had a perfect wedding. At first I was a little anxious regarding the venue and food. But the way they treated us from the beginning to the end was absolutely wonderful. If you were to ask me would I recommend the Bolger Center to anyone else? My answer would be "hell yeah"

From Fritz and Danita

Sent on 12/19/2012

Pat · Married on 12/08/2012

Debbie Halpin and her team were superb from our very first meeting and throughout the event. We have received so many comments from our guests and they are all the same - On a rating of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, you hit a 15!!!
    We held the cocktail hour in the Osgood Dining room and it was great. The room was beautifully decorated and the food was incredible. The reception was held in the Stained Glass Hall which looked amazing and the food was also incredible.

Debbie's attention to detail made the difference for a truly memorable evening. We will never forget our special day which was made even more special by Debbie and her staff.

Thank you so much for everything!!!

Ginger and Pat

Sent on 12/11/2012

Mike · Married on 10/13/2012

Our event manager for our daughter's wedding was Debbie Halpin. Debbie was wonderful to work with. She paid attention to all the details and gave us great ideas about how to do things. Everything she suggested worked out beautifully and some of her suggestions helped us to save money. Debbie's assistant, Jessica Schraibman, was very helpful, too. She handled questions that we had in a very timely, friendly manner. In addition, we found the wedding package was a great value. We had our ceremony in the Stained Glass Hall and our reception in the Franklin Building. Both venues were perfect! Many of our guests have commented that the wait servers were exceptionally accommodating and pleasant. Our maitre'd for the evening was Mauricio. He made a point of meeting us earlier in the day to go over details and throughout the evening he made sure everything ran like clockwork. The food at the reception was top notch...our guests are still talking about the delicious filet and sea bass. We found that both Debbie and Mauricio were highly professional and very friendly. Our brunch Sunday morning was held in the Osgood Building Dining Room. There were many different food choices and all the food was very fresh and delicious. Again, we found the price per head to be reasonable. It was an amazing weekend! The Bolger Center is gem!

Sent on 10/16/2012

We had my son's rehearsal dinner and the cermony and reception at the Bolger Center this past weekend. Quite simply, we couldn't have dreamed of a better venue. From our first visit Debbie Halpin and the entire staff at the Bolger were kind, responsive and incredibly helpful. At first glance, it may seem a bit on the pricey side but the price is pretty much all inclusive. There were not a lot of extra charges. We had a large number of out of town guests for the weekend and the hotel and restaurants being right there made it very convenient for the travelers. The site is beautiful, the food was delicious but the staff of the Bolger was the icing on the cake! Everyone there went out of their way to help and were just so friendly it added to our enjoyment of the weekend. I would highly recommend the Bolger Center for any event.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Gail · Married on 09/29/2012

I am the Mother of the Groom and was so impressed with The Bolger Center that I want to express my gratitude and provide a reference. Ms. Debbie Halpin was our point of contact at The Bolger Center. Her expertise and that of the many other individuals we met with during the planning process, helped guide us through the numerous decisions needed to successfully plan a wedding for 150 people. The employees were professional, respectful and without hesitation worked to provide us with an experience that would bless us with beautiful memories. It was our confidence in The Bolger team that allowed us to enjoy spending time with our guests at the wedding. I have already referred someone to The Bolger Center and will happily continue to do so in the future. The grounds are as beautiful and as inviting as the employees.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Bolger Center is a fantastic venue. My wedding was planning in only a few weeks. I found the venue on theknot.com. I was offered a site visit quite quickly and meet Debbie Halpin--an event manager. She is simply wonderful!

She made the whole process of planning a wedding in a few weeks enjoyable and worthwhile. She replies to my many emails and questions in a quick manner. She allowed us to visit the site when we wanted.

Our ceremony was in the Stained Glass Hall. It was beautiful and lovely. Cocktail hour was outside near the reception hall. The reception in the Benjamin Franklin Hall was beautiful decorated and lite. They supplied the linen, glassware, tables, chairs.

Food was perfect. We choose the indian menu. Our guest spoke highly of the fish dish.

Our whole experience was wonderful and memorable.

Thanks to Debbie Halpin!!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Evan · Married on 07/14/2012

We were married at the Bolger Center in July and the experience was great all around. We worked with Debbie who was very responsive and accommodating. She helped us through the whole process and even worked with us when we wanted to get a food truck for our rehearsal dinner.

Initially we were turned off by what we thought was higher cost per person but when you factor in that everything is included ,and there are no room fees just catering minimums, the cost ended up being equal or less than every other place we looked. Our guest also really enjoyed staying at the Bolger Center, people kept commenting that having everyone there for the weekend was like we were at camp or college (although the accommodations were much nicer than both!). And many people took advantage of the shuttle to the Metro and went sight seeing.

The food they provided throughout was delicious and more than exceeded our expectations. The manager and head waitress on the day of the wedding were very nice and asked us throughout the night if we needed drinks or food. The Bridal Suite was very modern and had a huge balcony. They also surprised us with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries after the wedding.

We would highly recommend the Bolger Center to anyone who is getting married in the DC area.

Sent on 08/20/2012

There is no better place than having a wedding at the Bolger Conference Center. Convenient for DC, VA & MD residents. Plenty of parking. The wedding was held outside and the grounds were spectacular with blooming flowers, trees with mini-lights, exquisite ambiance and the staff could not be beat. The hors doeuvres were delicious as was the dinner. The reception at the Ben Franklin Bldg was spectacular. Debbie answered all our questions and kept things moving so there were no snags. This was called the "Wedding of the Century" by family and friends.

Sent on 08/06/2012
  • babygirlliz

Babygirliz · Married on 05/03/2012

Wow! I was completely surprised to see the negative comments on this site from Will. I have had nothing but great experiences at the Bolger Center. I see that there are two different reviews for that day with completely different outcomes. Christina's review is more of the type of service you can expect from working with Annette. It's too bad Will and his wife had such an awful experience on their wedding day. It appears that they were definitely working with someone else. I just had to comment because his experience was so far from the service I received. I have had three events here and Annette and her supporting staff were always patient and accommodating.

Sent on 05/04/2012
  • W

William · Married on 10/22/2011

Our experience with the Bolger Center was wonderful. Debbie Halpin made sure our wedding day and the all-important months of planning leading up to it were as memorable, beautiful, and stress-free as we hoped it would be. Food was delicious and the grounds are picturesque. Highly recommend calling her for a tour today!

Sent on 05/01/2012
  • Alyson

Alyson · Married on 08/06/2011

Our wedding at the Bolger Center was amazing and exceeded my expectations. Annette helped with everything from booking the space, all the way down to the small details like setting up our candy buffet. :) She is the best!!! We had our ceremony on the lawn behind the Franklin Building, the cocktail hour in the Franklin Building's lobby, and the reception in Ben Franklin Hall. Unfortunately, it was thunderstorming the afternoon before our ceremony, but that didn't worry Annette. She got out her phone and pulled up the weather radar & told us we had a 30 minute window to get the ceremony in if we still wanted it outside. We managed to fit it in and it started pouring just as everyone made it inside. Cocktail hour was a little cramped in the Franklin Building's lobby (it was supposed to be outside, but due to the rain we moved it inside) but everyone told me that the appetizers were amazing. I was offered plenty of food during cocktail hour but just wasn't hungry enough to try anything. Now I wish I would have! The reception went off flawlessly. Everything was amazing! The ballroom looked perfect, the food was delicious (I did manage to eat dinner!) and the Bolger Center staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Our wedding ended at midnight and a big group made their way over to the Pony Express Bar & Grill for snacks & drinks. The staff there was very accommodating and didn't kick anyone out until almost 2:30! Finally, the rooms are a bit small, but if you go to the check in desk, they are able to show you the rooms before you book a room block. This is what we did, so we were able to let our guests know ahead of time that the rooms are a bit smaller than your average hotel. The honeymoon suite was incredible though!! I wish we would've had more time in there - it had a full living room area with a sectional, a balcony, a king bed with the most comfortable sheets, and a huge bathroom with an even bigger shower! With each room you book, you get 2 breakfasts. The breakfast is SO GOOD. Our families went each day and raved about it each time. I would highly recommend the Bolger Center to anyone looking for an all-in-one type of venue, with many different locations for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, etc.

Sent on 08/10/2011

Danny · Married on 09/18/2010

Annette and Stephanie were AMAZING to work with. I have already recommended the Bolger Center to several engaged couples and I will continue to do so. The new renovations are gorgeous, the rates are affordable compared to other venues, and the service is unbeatable. Thanks again for all of your help!

-Danny and Kerry

Sent on 03/11/2011

Monica · Married on 09/05/2010

The staff and manager did and AWESOME and fantastice job, I highly recommend them to any bride and groom looking for quality services and a friendly staff!

Sent on 03/11/2011

Suzanne · Married on 11/24/2007

Not many people know about this place but it was absolutely beautiful! There is also a hotel which makes it even greater! The food was absolutely amazing! (highly recommend the filet!)I can't think of one thing that went wrong. Diane was such a pleasure to work with, she was so helpful in decision making while keeping the price within our budget.

Sent on 02/18/2008
  • Ailene

Ailene · Married on 11/11/1995

Attentive and thorough is what you can expect from the Bolger Center

My point of contact Sarah was not only knowledgeable but more than willing to share her expertise in helping frame every decision about our event. From assisting with the menu selection, room layout, vendor positioning, orchestrating the flow - she was a true asset. The staff were professional, organized and attentive to our guests' needs. The food was AMAZING. We received such positive feedback even from the most finiky of eaters. I have no reservations at all in recommending the Bolger Center and Sarah.

Sent on 06/04/2019

The Bolger Center is a wonderful choice if you're looking for a venue that can accommodate your getting ready rooms, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after-party and hotel rooms. It is much more reasonably priced than many of the other locations in the area and the service is excellent.

We worked with Rhonda, who was incredibly friendly and always willing to negotiate and work with us to ensure a perfect wedding. She was responsive, organized, and went out of her way to make sure we were receiving the service we wanted.

The venue itself is beautiful which allows for a lovely backdrop for an outdoor ceremony if the weather is good. The grounds are extensive and you can take photos in the woods, which adds some great variety. However, if it rains there is also a gorgeous stained glass room that can accommodate weddings inside.

The dressing rooms are large (especially for the bride) and the service is great. They provide the mirrors, chairs, coffee, etc so you're able to have a very relaxed time getting ready. There is plenty of staff available throughout the day to help.

You are limited to their catering. However, the chef is very willing to work with you. We had multiple tastings to ensure the food was exactly what we wanted since some of the recipes were new to him. The service at the reception was great and the linens, etc were good quality.

The only issue we had was with the hotel bookings where we had to spend a lot of time ensuring everyone's rooms were booked and paid for correctly. These issues were ultimately settled although were definitely frustrating at the time. We recommend that you have all of your guests book their rooms individually (we had booked for some of our guests to ensure the rooms wouldn't run out but this didn't really work out well).

Overall, we were thrilled with the Bolger Center and we were extremely glad we were able to have our wedding there. We highly recommend Rhonda and the Bolger Center!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Beautiful location, delicious food, amazing service. I couldn't ask for more. I am glad I chose Bolger as my wedding venue. I would do events again and again if I could..

Sent on 06/03/2015

I had my wedding reception at the Bolger Center July 5, 2014, and I am so glad I had it there. The ground are absolutely STUNNING and perfect for pictures, and no one had to drive after the reception. I wanted a country club feel with the convince of a hotel wedding, and the Bolger center had it all. it was perfect. Debbie, the event coordinator was amazing. I made a bunch of things for my wedding, like the table numbers, place cards, a Mr. and Mrs. for the back of the chairs, picture frame for the menus, and I had a precise way of how everything was set up. Debbie and her crew got EVERY detail perfect. Really, it was perfect. I am big into the little details and I was so happy and impressed with how they were able to do everything for me! Debbie was wonderful to work with. The only reason why I didn't give the Bolger center straight 5s was for two very minor things. The servers with the water and wine weren't frequent enough (this was a minor detail since we had an open bar) and we had a viennese table that didn't get refilled. The people that were last in line didn't get dessert because the dessert status wasn't being monitored closely enough. Other than those two things, it was perfect! Thank you Bolger center!!

Sent on 07/10/2014