The Bluff Banquet & Conference Center Reviews

The Bluff Banquet & Conference Center 5
The Bluff Banquet & Conference Center 6
The Bluff Banquet & Conference Center 7
  • User4804903 · Recently married

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Bluffs with 175 people . I could not be any happier with the services, and venue. The staff was amazing, and very flexible with any last minute changes I made. The food was amazing, tables were cleaned quickly. Everyone was so professional and made it so easy for my Husband and I. We got so many complements on how great the venue looked, and how things went so smoothly. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 02/20/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel Ward · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing!

My husband and I had our wedding on 8-23 at the Bluff. Everything was perfect! I could not have asked for better people to work with. Jan and the rest of the team were amazing to work with! They were quick to respond to any questions. Not to mention THE FOOD IS AMAZING THERE. All of my wedding guests are STILL talking about it! They set up everything for me and I was allowed to get into my venue the day before to get everything set up!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Jori

Jori Krygsheld · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent Venue

The Bluff was an amazing spot to have my wedding reception! Jan and the staff at the Bluff were so accommodating to my every desire, the food was phenomenal, and the atmosphere was perfect for our special day.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Kelli · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing vendor!

Jan and her staff at the bluff went above and beyond, I couldn’t be more happy with how smooth everything went! They were super helpful with everything I needed/wanted. Also everyone raved about the food and how amazing it was! You will not be disappointed if you choose the bluff!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Kelsey Kerby · Married on 10/20/2018

Nothing short of incredible!

We are weeks past my wedding and people STILL can’t stop talking about it! They can’t stop talking about the beauty of the venue, the staff, and the food. We have gotten so many reviews saying this was the best wedding food they have ever had! Jan and Jayme are so extremely flexible and were always available for me when I had questions. Without them I would not of had the wedding of my dreams!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

catherine · Married on 09/15/2018

RAVE REVIEWS FROM ALL MY WEDDING GUESTS!
    I just had my wedding sat Oct 6th at the Bluff Banquet and Conference Center in Grand Rapids, Mi. Every guest had to come tell me how amazing the food was. The amount of food alone for the price can't be beat. Everything from friendly service to beautiful surroundings. They went above and beyond any expectation i could have ever had. Even the decaf coffee got rave reviews. I still have people calling me to tell me how amazing it was. I highly suggest anyone checks it out. THey do tasting with the place set up like a receiption every couple months or so its posted on their website and its not very expensive. The bar tenders they use are also amazing people. Couldn't have asked for a more amazing day! THe only disappointment i had was that they don't have a restaurant i can go to to eat the amazing food more often :)

Sent on 10/25/2012

Elise · Married on 06/23/2018

The Bluff was WONDERFUL! Jan and Jayme were amazing to work with and helped me do a lot of planning prior. They were friendly, prompt, and very accommodating! The reception went so smoothly thanks to them and all their staff. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was perfect for us. Our guests loved the food and had a great night thanks to the care and professionalism of the Bluff. I would definitely recommend the Bluff to anyone!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Maria · Married on 05/26/2018

Don't even know where to start.
    Jan (The owner) was absolutely amazing. She is kind and very spirited! She went above and beyond to ensure the wedding went as smooth as possible and I really appreciated that. The food was amazing! Everyone spoke about how great it was, especially the roast beef. The margarita mash potatoes were a hit, and all of our guests were shocked at how well everything was prepared. Many said it was the best meal they had in ages. Also, thank you for keeping the buffet an extra hour since our guests were arriving late (That was Jan's idea/suggestion)! That alone should tell you how dedicated and helpful she is.
    Decorations were very pretty and the dance floor was spectacular and roomy! We also liked the venue's "backyard". It was a nice green area with a river running behind it where the kids ran around and played! Everything was perfect!

We made the right decision for having our reception at the The Bluff Banquet & Conference Center.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

I attended a wedding reception at The Bluff Banquet and Conference Center and let me tell you!! Some of THE BEST FOOD I've ever had at a reception - if not the best. The staff was friendly and accommodating... And did I mention how GREAT the food was?!?! And I'm not even someone who "loves" food. The scenery was beautiful and the space just right!! I highly recommend grabbing this plane of you want a great venue for a special - or simple - event. Oh...aaaand I "lost" my brand new umbrella there and whattya know! No one took it... They put it aside and waited for someone to claim it. Beautiful venue; honest people; great food... What else could you want?!?!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Lisa · Married on 04/07/2018

I LOVED it here. We got the Winter special and it is worth every penny. The food was delicious, the staff was amazing and very accommodating... we and our guests had an amazing time! This venue works exclusively with their own bar catering company, and they were equally as amazing. They know what they are talking about when they estimate the amount of food and beverage you'll need. You need to check them out!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Arlene · Married on 02/10/2018

We love The Bluff!!! We have had both of our daughters receptions their and also have told friends about how nice it is and they have also chose it for their receptions!! The owners Jan and Bruce are so friendly and so helpful thought the evening. Every time we have our receptions our guest can't quit talking about the food. We love that they have food tastings to go to so you can try many different things before you choose your menu. There is a small fee but you get all the food you can eat and even drinks from the bar all in the cost. The bar service they use is extremely cost effective and very outstanding during the event. We have no more children to get married but hope with letting friends know about this outstanding venue we will get to enjoy The Bluff again!!!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Margaret · Married on 08/19/2017

We had our daughter's wedding reception at The Bluff and couldn't be happier with the staff and service that we received. Jan was amazing to work with, and she was quick to respond whenever we had a question. We definitely recommend this venue to anyone planning a reception. Everything worked out beautifully. With so much to think about when planning a wedding, it was such a relief to leave the details in their hands and not have to worry about things like how to decorate the area (we only brought in centerpieces, photos and candles), arranging for tables/chairs, linens( including our choice of napkin color), serving salads and beverages, setting up and taking down the food buffet, lighting the candles, or keeping the dessert area filled. Jayme and Mandy had everything under control, and we were able to relax and enjoy the evening. We had so many people tell us how wonderful the food was and how much they enjoyed the atmosphere and reception. The buffet area became the dance floor, and we had a DJ come in with his own lights. Everyone had a great time dancing and celebrating together. We will definitely be looking into having more receptions here in the future (we have 3 more daughters!).

Sent on 08/29/2017

SAndra · Married on 04/15/2017

We had our daughter and son-in-law's reception here last weekend. We were able to take advantage of the last date of the Snow White special for 2016-17. We looked at about a half dozen other venues. No question in my mind that we made the right choice and got the best value for our money in the Grand Rapids area. Jan and Jamie offer exceptional service and are very responsive. The food was delicious and our guests commented on how good the food was, how full they were and how quickly they got everyone through the buffet line (we had 171 guests). The venue is beautiful and decorations are only needed to individualize your event. Our package included the wedding cake. My daughter was able to meet with Sue and design her cake which turned out beautifully. The package also included bar catering by D. Schuler. Rebecca was great to work with and came prepared with alternative and extra options and adjusted to meet the requests of our guests (after checking with us first). There was never really any wait to get a drink. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Jon & Darlene · Married on 08/13/2016

This is an awesome venue. We would use it again. So many compliments on the food from all our guests. Also the people working there are very nice and very professional. We had no complaints. I would recommend this site to every one. We are very happy.

Sent on 08/31/2016

WOW! We are so impressed with The Bluff. We just celebrated our daughter's wedding on Friday evening and Jan and her staff went above and beyond to make this event beautiful. We had the Friday Night Special buffet and so many people commented on the food all night! There was a lot of food and it was delicious. What a feast! Jan and her friendly staff were attentive to every table all night. It was the perfect spot for our reception. Jan was on the ball and corresponded promptly whenever I had a question. Hiring The Bluff to host our guests was the best decision we made. I have more children to marry off and we will definitely be back! Excellent venue. A+ service and prices. Thanks, Jan!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

The wedding reception was magical. The Bluff was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 02/03/2016

karen · Married on 08/22/2015

Jan and Jamie were wonderful. The food was amazing the staff impeccable. It was set up so beautiful, I had so many guests comment oh how wonderful everything was. I will spread the word this is the place to have any special event.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Madalyn · Married on 06/19/2015

The Bluff Banquet Center was wonderful! They helped make things run smoothly during the reception and the food was delicious! I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/03/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at the bluff. It ws beautiful! It was supposed to be outside, however due to weather we moved everything inside, they were very accomodating. Jan was very nice to work with, as is their beer/wine provider, D. Shulers, great selection and prices. We had the mashed potato bar station, everyone loved it!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/03/2014

Amazing food!!! Do the mashed potato station, you wont regret it!!!!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Charlie · Married on 09/20/2014

We had an amazing experience with the Bluff Banquet Center. Anything we wanted they made happen and any questions we had they were quick to respond. Our Reception was everything we had ever dreamed of and more. Everyone commented on how fabulous the food was and how courteous the wait staff was as well. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't have changed a thing.. except the weather, but that was completely out of their hands. Looking for a venue, you will not be disappointed here.

Sent on 01/21/2015

lauren · Married on 06/28/2014

Jan was there from start to finish. I could not have asked for a better place to hold my reception. She was there from start to finish and cared about me like I was family. The staff was phenomenal. I received countless comments how the food was "the best wedding food I've EVER had." I usually HATE buffet style and it was amazing. They got 300 people thru the line in less than 10 minutes. AMAZING. The best wedding decision I made was to book here.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Emily · Married on 06/21/2014

The food was Excellant! We had pot roast that was out of this world! The staff was so attentive to anyone's needs! The place was so clean and has a beautiful setting. This place is a diamond in the ruff! Thanks too all for making this a very special night!

Sent on 06/23/2014

The Bluff Banquet & Conference Center's reply:

Hi!! :)

It was our pleasure making your night the best for you!!! We love our pot roast too! :)

kate · Married on 09/21/2013

Food was amazing! The venue was perfect! Very nice company to work with!

Sent on 10/30/2013

jessica · Married on 07/27/2013

I recently had both my ceremony and reception at Bluff Banquet and Conference Center. I absolutely LOVED it. The staff was wonderful to work with, Jan was super helpful and made the experience so great. I was married right outside on the grassy area and the reception was right after. I got married in July, and I am still hearing from my guests how fabulous the food was. I would recommend the Bluff 100%. I actually referred a friend to check it out and she is thinking about using it for her reception. Thanks for everything and it was such a fantastic day thanks to you guys at the Bluff!!

Sent on 09/14/2013