The Blue Orchid Reviews

The Blue Orchid

Koloa, HI
View more information

Hillary Married on 06/28/2018
    Our Pastor and our wedding coordinator recommended Blue Orchid to us. I had been to the shop last year just to get an idea of what they specialized in and was pleased with their tropical and native flora that I saw.

They were terrific to work with and exceeded all of my expectations! Our centerpieces for the cocktail tables, and reception were absolutely stunning and flowers for the cake, and my hair were fresh and just right. We had beautiful leis for all of our guests and special ones made for our aunts and mothers. My husband’s lei and mine were perfect as was my bouquet. I wasn't expecting the flowers to be better than what I imagined but they were. Mahalo Blue Orchid for making our day gorgeous!
    Elaine Married on 08/19/2017
    We had them create the head lei, bouquet and lei's for our wedding party and guests, and they were STUNNING. They exceeded our expectations and would definitely recommend this floral shop. We worked closely with them to confirm what we were looking for, and even though it was a destination wedding and we were unable to meet them before hand, I never once worried about what we would be receiving on the day of. Absolutely thrilled with the service and product!
  • Chantel
    Chantel Married on 07/23/2016
    Arlene at The Blue Orchid was recommended to me by our officiant for our Kauai elopement ceremony. I reached out via email with a couple pictures of the look I was going for with my bouquet and asked for a quote. Arlene happily obliged and we were all set! I was a little nervous that it would turn out the way I had hoped based on the pictures, but I was absolutely thrilled with the outcome! My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I had imagined. We arrived on the island a day before our wedding and we dropped into the shop to inquire about adding flowers for my hair. Arlene and her staff were very friendly and accommodating. You won't be disappointed!
    Jayme L. Married on 04/02/2016
    I cannot say enough about Arlene and her ladies at Blue Orchid! They did an AMAZING job at taking what I envisioned and took it to a level beyond my expectations!! I put a lot of trust in her to use her creativity in my flowers and centerpieces and she went beyond what I expected or envisioned myself!! Hands down the best part of my wedding experience!
    A Married on 03/07/2016
    I had a very simple elopement on the beach in Kauai, and I wanted a simple, inexpensive bouquet. Arlene, the owner of Blue Orchid, accommodated by my request and my budget - and I was extremely happy with it! It was a unique arrangement that looked beautiful in-person...and maybe even more beautiful in the photos! Thanks Arlene!
    (PS - the photos on Blue Orchid's website do not do justice to her arrangements).
    Caely Married on 05/11/2015
    I absolutely loved my wedding bouquet/boutonnieres from Blue Orchid. It was exactly what I wanted: simple, tropical, beautiful.
    Lori Married on 09/10/2014
    I loved my wedding bouquet from Blue Orchid. They were willing to modify one of their sample bouquets to make what I wanted. The flowers were fresh and gorgeous. It was clear that they put a lot of time and thought into working with the delicate tropical flowers to make bridal bouquet. They also provide "old" flowers free of charge to be used on the ground where we were married.
    Rachel Married on 07/03/2012
    My husband and I decided to have a destination wedding for the two of us, leaving behind our cherished family and friends. We wanted to hire a florist that could deliver my bridal bouquet to our hotel on Poipu without paying too much for delivery. Blue Orchid was so easy to speak with on the phone and could clearly understand the vision I had for my bouquet. They have many beautiful photographs online to choose between but were happy to accommodate my special request. It was so nice to receive a call from them confirming my order a couple days prior to my wedding (without me having to reach out first). My bouquet was delivered on time to my hotel room while I was away getting my hair done. It was a beautiful surprise to see them when I walked back into my room. The flowers were exactly what I wanted and lasted throughout our honeymoon so that I could dry them and bring them home for display. THe fact that I can still see them in my home now prove the quality of flowers that Blue Orchid uses. We would happily recommend this florist to any couple looking for a professional and friendly florist on Kauai near Poipu. Thank you, Blue Orchid! Rachel & Jake
    Cheri Married on 11/09/2011
    I had my wedding bouquet done by the Blue Orchid. The flowers were the best quality. The arrangement was very professional and unique. They did exactly what I asked them to do. Everything was done over the phone and internet, because I live in Brooklyn and was getting married in Kauai. That said, they really came through and delivered to my expectations! Perfect!
  • Steffany
    Steffany Married on 07/15/2016
    I discovered The Blue Orchid through a google search of florists near where we were staying. The staff was very friendly and walked through my ideas. Upon arrival, I discovered just how close they were located in the shops Old Koloa Town. I loved the feel of the shop and they had my order ready just as requested. My leis turned out just as I had envisioned.
    Chloe Married on 05/17/2018
    Arlene is an extremely hard working and talented florist who is located in Koloa. Despite having just recovered from cold and working the craziness of graduations and Mother's Day, Arlene helped me deliver my dream flowers in a cost that was much doable. She will help work with you with your budget. For example, when I wanted a haku lei with peonies, it would have costed me $100+. She instead suggested to go with a half lei because I already had a veil to go with. I was able to cut the cost in half and still looked beautiful in the pictures. Arlene also lend us her vases to put the bouquets in, which went to show her generosity. She's also conveniently located right next to Ellen O'Connell (wedding licensing agent) who you'll need to meet to get your wedding license. The best way to get in touch with Arlene is probably through the phone. If you are looking for a florist, I highly recommend Blue Orchid :)
    Ashley Married on 07/23/2016
    Blue Orchid provided GORGEOUS flowers for my wedding. Be advised that their website is really outdated. I followed their Instragram account and it is frequently updated with their beautiful designs. I met with Arlene, the owner, when I was doing wedding planning a few months before my wedding, and she was so nice to talk with. She immediately understood my vision and color scheme. A few days before my wedding, I went in and was able to chose a few flowers that would go into my bouquet. All of the bouquets, table arrangements and leis for the wedding were phenomenal. She used mostly tropical flowers with a few colorful roses, accented with ti leaves and other Hawaiian greenery. She made a beautiful head lei for my flower girl that had everyone raving. My wedding coordinator said that Blue Orchid's prices are very reasonable compared to most other florists on Kauai, so I think I got an amazing deal!
    Grace Married on 02/13/2010
    We had very simple arrangements for our cocktail hour and reception. I wish the flower leis for our parents had fresher, less limp flowers. My bouquet was pretty but it wasn't exactly what I had asked for. I expected a little more for what we paid.
  • User1133514 2+ years ago
    Horrible service. The unprovoked attitude, sarcasm, and unprofessional behavior that I received from the staff was so bad I canceled my order with them and used another vendor. Will never attempt to use again.