The Bigger Picture Photography Reviews

77 Reviews for The Bigger Picture Photography

The Bigger Picture Photography 1
The Bigger Picture Photography 2

Milissa · Married on 10/10/2015

Lisa is amazing! She was so quick to respond to every email or phone call. When I was looking for a photographer for my wedding and I saw her pictures I knew I had to have her. She has an amazing eye that helps capture your day like no other wedding photographer I've ever seen. I've received so many compliments on my wedding pictures about how beautiful and unique they are. If you are looking for those classic pictures but also want pictures that are unique and creative you should definitely pick Lisa.

Ryan · Married on 10/10/2015

Lisa took great pride in creating extraordinary pictures for our wedding. Between her and her assistant, they went above and beyond expectation. I loved how she captured so many pictures of us without having any idea she was around. Her uniqueness of how many of the pictures turned out is what sets her apart from many other photographers. I am very blessed to have her be a part of our special day and highly recommend her for any occasion. Thanks Lisa Shaw!!! :)

Najette · Married on 10/02/2015

Words can't express how happy I am with The Bigger Picture Photography. When I look at the photos, I'm overwhelmed with all the amazing emotions I felt that day - the love, joy, happiness and pure bliss of marrying my best friend at Michigan Stadium (our favourite place on earth) in the presence of our closest family and friends. Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives and Lisa captured every moment as no one else could. I am so grateful for her and would recommend her to anyone!

Michael · Married on 10/02/2015

Lisa was fantastic from start to finish. It was a long day (almost 12 hours from start to finish) and she had every detail planned ahead of time and executed flawlessly. The finished product was more than we imagined and I'd recommend her to anyone for their wedding.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Erica · Married on 09/25/2015

The Bigger Picture Photography was phenomenal! I could not have asked for a better photographer on my big day. Thank you so much!

Amy · Married on 08/22/2015

Working with Lisa was the best wedding decision I made. She is so creative! Our wedding photos (and engagement shoot photos) were unique and fun and flawless. She was a blast to work with and I couldn't be happier with the results. She's also a very friendly, easy going person and working with her was so much fun.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Dennis · Married on 06/27/2015

We couldn't be happier with our photographer choice! From first meeting Lisa, we knew we made the right decision. She was laid back, fun, easy to talk to, and most importantly, she knew photography. Her experience was obvious as we found ourselves consulting her when finalizing timing and details for our big day. We had a ton of questions, but she was patient with us and always available to help. She truly cared about us enjoying our wedding. And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention her work. We were extremely happy with our engagement shots, and truly didn't think the bar could go any higher. We were wrong. Our wedding photos were even more impressive. We've gotten so many compliments. What stood out the most was the consistency and diversity of shots taken on our wedding day. From the ceremony and post-ceremony photos, to our reception. She captured every moment flawlessly.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Maryann · Married on 06/20/2015

Great customer service and amazing photographs!! Lisa is fun to work with, very prompt with meetings and emails and takes awesome pictures - she really has an eye for those candid moments! She interacted great with our guests and we've received nothing but positive compliments on our previews so far....we can't wait to see the rest! Definitely recommend The Bigger Picture Photography!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Photographer was great and a lot of fun. Would highly recommend and use again.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Amy · Married on 06/13/2015

When we were planning our simple, low key wedding, several of my married friends said "Whatever you do, get a good photographer. The pictures are the only thing that lasts." I'm so glad I took their advice and went with the Bigger Picture Photography. Lisa was so great to work with. We live on the other side of the state so we didn't get to meet ahead of time (just coordinated everything on the phone), but in no time I felt comfortable and felt she "got" us. She has a great eye for angles and color, and you can tell she's passionate about what she does. Also, as someone who hates her posed smile, Lisa's style really worked for me. Our pictures are natural and our smiles are genuine. We love our pictures, and we're so glad we went with The Bigger Picture Photography.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Joe · Married on 06/13/2015

Lisa was absolutely fantastic! She was really easygoing and great to work with. Everyone who has seen our pictures raves about how beautiful they are, and even the posed pictures with the family look naturall. We were very happy with The Bigger Picture Photography!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Lisa was easily the toughest & easiest wedding decision we made. My husband & I met with at least 3 photographers & communicated with several more. I fortunately have a bridesmaid who is trained in photography & showed her side by sides of all the prospective candidates. She said that Lisa was hands down better then any of the others with lighting, composition, and quality edits. When we met with Lisa we also found her level of professionalism to be above all the rest & her responsiveness to be extraordinary. Because I value these traits we decided she was our best choice. On the day of our wedding, Lisa did everything we asked and we had a plan laid out for the events, timeline, & flow to achieve the best results. Lisa was so organized & her talent is truly magic. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Michael · Married on 11/15/2014

My partner found Lisa Shaw online in our search for a gay-friendly photographer. She was willing to put together a custom package for us at a reasonably low price that include just 5 hours of coverage the day of and printing rights with a DVD of the photos. We got our final photo DVD about a month after the ceremony.

She was respectful of us and the rules of our church regarding photography. She was not obnoxious and did not do a lot of posing and people placement. The few portrait style photos that were taken were fantastic - definitely the best portraits of us that I've seen. Her style is more photojournalistic though, and she is very good at taking photos of real moments, unobtrusively. She was nearly invisible to us and did not inconvenience us or our guests at all.

The only thing that missed my expectations in any way (and it's pretty minor) was that the finished photos only included a single photo of our kiss at the end of our ceremony, and even that one photo was a bit blurry. I can only figure it caught her off guard somehow although it was basically in the same spot in our ceremony as any other.

Thanks Lisa!

Sent on 12/24/2014

The Bigger Picture Photography's reply:

I loved this wedding! I'd like to take a minute to respond about the photo in question. As stated, the church had many rules to follow. No flash or extra lighting were permitted (which I hate using during a ceremony anyway), but I had to stay at the back of the church. The church had dark wooden walls, providing very little light. The way photography works, shutter speed and aperture must work together for focus AND exposure. In this situation, you must slow down your shutter speed to let in more light. When doing this, movement is picked up by the camera. Usually, when the couple kisses, they are still for a moment, which is when I would take the photo. This particular kiss was so super quick, that the limitations were evident and the motion of the kiss came through in the photo. I still loved it, because it captured that moment. The other photos from the ceremony are sharp because they were still. Because of this motion, I made sure that after the ceremony I captured many unique and beautiful images of the couple kissing. Those photos have received rave reviews!! You may view them on my blog (Tom and Michael) and website.

I have to add a note--- I really love motion coming through in photos, as you may also tell from my website. I purposefully photograph for motion on many different occasions. Many photographers around the world will include these images in their final product, as they portray a moment, an emotion, and yes, movement. It just depends on that one photo and the story that it tells.
    I am so glad the experience and the final gallery scored 5 stars!! Thank you so much, fellas!

jessica · Married on 10/26/2014

Lisa was fantastic! She made us feel so comfortable and was such a joy to have around all day! She gave clear directions and managed time well. The photographs came out GORGEOUS. She is creative and professionally and really produces some amazing art in her photography. I would reccommend Lisa to anyone!

Sent on 12/11/2014
  • User4019491 · 2+ years ago

Lisa does an awesome job. She is willing to do whatever it takes to deliver exactly what you want. She is great if you want the feel of your day truly captured. I can look back at my pics and feel like I am back in the day.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Allison · Married on 08/01/2014

We hired Lisa for our engagement session first, and immediately after the shoot decided to hire her for our wedding instead of choosing a local photographer (wedding was in the U.P.) which had been our original plan. Working with Lisa is AMAZING, she is so sweet and laid back, it was like hanging out with a friend that just happened to be taking our pictures. And the pictures... I don't have words to describe just how beautiful our engagement and wedding photos turned out, she is an expert at capturing wonderful moments on film, with unique angles and amazing color quality.

She is the BEST, hands down. The only problem you'll have with Lisa's pictures is deciding which ones to print/display!!! ;-)

Sent on 08/14/2014

Lisa was very welcoming, professional, and fun to work with from our first consultation through our final event. She is a natural at quickly sensing people's personalities, which allows her to capture images that are not only beautiful, but also accurate representations of the people she is photographing. All of our photos are stunning pieces of fine art.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Jess · Married on 07/05/2014

I would highly recommend The Bigger Picture Photography for any event. Lisa Shaw was a pleasure to work with. My wife and I both felt that she was genuinely interested in getting to know us and our personalities during our consultation and throughout the whole experience. I really wanted natural, candid photos, so Lisa's photo-journalism style was perfect for us. The poses she designed were very natural and reflected our own styles, and the candid shots of our friends and family were stunning.

It was also important to me that we found a photographer that was open and affirming toward same-sex couples. It meant a lot to me that Lisa was very accepting and supportive. She also understood my gender expression and designed poses for me that matched this. This was all done without ever discussing it, which made the whole experience feel very natural. I would recommend Lisa to anyone!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Bryan · Married on 06/07/2014

Absolutely great. I couldn't have asked for anything more from our pictures. Recommend 100%

Sent on 06/26/2014

Erin · Married on 06/07/2014

My husband and I absolutely LOVED working with Lisa! She is so organized and professional; I loved the questionnaire she had us fill out - she really thought of everything. And the quality of her work is phenomenal. Lisa really knows how to capture real, genuine emotions. We are from the Midland area and looked all over the state to find exactly what we wanted in a photographer - someone who could show the true beauty of the day without a lot of staging - and she was it! I would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2013

Meeting Lisa was a beautiful, beautiful thing. I immediately loved her and I felt like I had just met a new friend. Looking for a wedding photographer seemed daunting, and you get overwhelmed with sticker shock when seeing the prices of other photographers. Lisa and The Bigger Picture Photography were SO reasonable and I was thrilled to find out that there was an amazing photographer out there for brides-on-a-budget. And her work? Brilliant. She's beyond talented, creative, artistic and she's got an amazing eye for detail. And she snaps her camera, capturing these beautiful moments going on during your day, when you're not even aware that she's there snapping the camera. My now-husband always "mocked" my posing-abilities. He was really looking for candid pictures and for pictures that were actually capturing the moment as they happened. And he loved, loved, loved Lisa's work in doing this. When we saw our engagement photos, we both looked at each other, beaming with these huge smiles. Lisa managed to capture "us"...she captured who we are, and really put together awesome photos that were like a storybook...every picture told a story, capturing an emotion, capturing a moment. And the absolute same thing rings true for our beautiful wedding day. And don't worry if you still like the posed photos and if you want those pictures too, especially with your wedding party and family...Lisa does a great mix of both. She'll provide you those posed photos, but she captures even those with a creative and unique edge, making them look artistic and beautiful. Her fun personality and awesome energy will be the first thing you notice, and you'll be so happy that you have someone like her with you on your special day. She's so professional and organized about every detail. Quite simply, she's the best and I would recommend her, and her stunning work, to anyone and everyone who wants the best.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Mark · Married on 10/12/2013

The first meeting was very easy and went well, Lisa, though based in Grand Rapids, came to the Detroit area for everything we wanted with no travel costs. (she will also go to Hawaii at no extra cost too!) The engagement session (1 hour) went well. Lisa sets up great shots but her best work is in capturing candid moments. She caught some things that we didn't even know we did! In prepping for the big day Lisa impressed upon us the need to stay on schedule leaving the impression of a bit of a time Nazi. However, starting in the morning when she and a partner showed up at our individual dressing rooms to take the "getting ready" photos it was like they were not even there. aside from the few necessary posed photos she caught every memorable moment of the day / night and never once pressed us on time. I know its our wedding and she works for us, I was very impressed by her patience with our 5yr old ring bearer and 3yr old flower girl. She gave great direction when needed and had a great eye at all other times. The most impressive thing to me was that she was essentially invisible all night. We got our preview photos within a week and the full discs soon after. After hearing wedding horror story's one after the other regarding pictures, My wife and I couldn't be happier with Lisa Shaw!... well, maybe had we been able to take advantage of the Hawaii thing! LOL

Sent on 10/27/2013

Lisa was helpful during the planning process, and so much fun to work with. We just got back a "sampling" of our wedding photos and they are beautiful! We could not be happier with The Bigger Picture Photography!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Lisa and her assistant did an amazing job photographing our wedding. Our sampling of photos are beautiful! Lisa was so helpful in planning and so fun to work with. We are so grateful to have found them!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Abigail · Married on 08/17/2013

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Lisa Shaw as our photographer! Would have gone with anyone else! She made us feel so comfortable with everything!! Our pictures are beautiful!!! And I love how many different ideas she had!!! I think it was a little pricey at first but after I have got some of the previews of my pictures I love them! And believe the cost was well worth it!!! Overall my husband, family, friends, and I are all very overly happy with the bigger picture and would recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/09/2013