The Best Wedding For You Reviews

The Best Wedding For You 1
The Best Wedding For You 2
The Best Wedding For You 3

Kara · Married on 10/10/2011

I originally didn't think I needed a wedding coordinator. I thought that was a service for up tight bridezillas, I was also under the impression that paying for coordination would break the bank. I was wrong - month of coordination is for ME! Wow, things sure would have been different without Julie, and I am so glad that her services are so reasonably priced and worth every penny! I am too laid back to pull off a wedding the way she did. Every idea and vision my husband and I had, she made a reality and she made it all seem so simple. She is so organized, has exceptional taste, her professionalism is impeccable, her patience and perspective kept everyone calm - including my parents who wanted more than anything for everything to be perfect. They were able to relax and enjoy when they knew Julie was in control. It was such a relief to have Julie as the middle woman with all the vendors in the final month - she truly understood what my husband and I were hoping for and made sure to communicate it clearly and get everyone on the same page. It is incredible to me how she can so fully adopt a couple's vision - especially when she has at least 2 other couples that she is working with on that very same weekend. AMAZING!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Judy · Married on 09/04/2011

As a self proclaimed planner/organizer I went into the wedding planning process thinking I would not need a coordinator. It wasn’t until we met with Julie that we both agreed we definitely needed a coordinator. The peace of mind that Julie provided was invaluable. Julie allowed us, our family and friends to completely enjoy every part of the wedding. She truly is a limitless wealth of knowledge when it comes to all things wedding. The majority of our vendors were her recommendations and we were hugely impressed with all of them. Her business name lived up to the hype and then some.
    Judy & Brad Collier

Sent on 09/13/2011

Stephanie · Married on 09/03/2011

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, I HIGHLY recommend you hire Julie Scrivener with “The Best Wedding for You”. She is so nice and helpful and was a savior on my wedding day! I am a little bit of a control freak and thought I could handle my wedding planning on my own. In fact, I already had a solid idea of what I wanted for my wedding before I even met Julie. But after meeting her, I knew Julie could provide me and my husband the peace of mind we were looking for on our wedding day.
    I originally met her when my husband and I hired her husband, Elite British DJ- Mick Scrivener to provide music for our wedding and reception. They offered a package that included Mick’s services as well as Julie’s for the month before the wedding. As an added bonus Julie made herself available to me at any time via email, even before the month before my wedding. She offered honest suggestions when I asked for them and shared stories from other weddings in order to help me visualize things. I know she was working on several weddings at any given time, especially since we got married towards the end of the “busy season” of summer weddings, but Julie ALWAYS made time for me and made me feel like she truly cared about making my day the best ever. I honestly don’t know how she did it! She sent out helpful monthly newsletters and even hosted a few evening get-togethers so us brides could share ideas and get more help from her.
    The day of our wedding was perfect. Julie handled everything, including scheduling the vendors and she frequently checked in with me to make sure I knew what was going on and that I was having a good time! She never burdened me with decision making on the day of the wedding because she made sure she knew ALL of the details before the big day! She handled any little surprises that popped up with ease. I never felt anxious or unsure of anything because I knew Julie was on top of it! She earned my trust early on by being sweet, accommodating and honest. I am actually really sad that our wedding is over because I had such a great time working with her. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator DEFINTELY hire Julie! She really does do everything she can to make sure you have the wedding of your dreams!
    Stephanie (and Jon)

Sent on 09/20/2011

Krista · Married on 08/27/2011

We can't say enough great things about Julie. She kept us organized and on track without being overwhelming or over bearing. I am so happy we made the decision to hire her. She kept me sane during the whole wedding process and helped my mom keep whatever sanity she had left. Although we only hired Julie for the month of coordination, she was more than happy to answer questions and emails during the entire process. She was such a pleasure to work with and kept our entire day running smoothly. I would 100% recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Amy · Married on 07/10/2011

All I can say about Julie is WOW!! Julie from The Best Wedding for You is extremely organized and friendly. My wedding day was absolutely perfect because of her. I was not stressed about anything because I knew Julie was taking care of everything. I can't even count how many emails I sent to Julie and she always emailed me back right away and always had great advice for any of my wants or concerns. My mom said to me, 'I didn't think we needed a coordinator at first but hiring Julie was the best decision we made.' I could not agree more. If you hire Julie I guarantee that you will be happy. She is amazing at what she does and I can't say enough nice things about her. Thank you Julie for making our day so memorable. We will never forget you.
    Amy and Jonathan

Sent on 10/06/2011
  • W

Sara · Married on 07/07/2011

I agree with ever single posting on this site for Julie of the Best Wedding For You. I can easily say the best money we spent for the entire wedding was on Julie. She was referred to me by a friend-of-a-friend, and she was worth every penny. I was planning my wedding while deployed in Iraq, and not native to San Diego, so her insight into local vendors as well as extensive knowledge of the location site were priceless. We did not worry about site set-up the day of the event, and when I walked in to take my place for the processional and had a chance to catch my breath, I looked around and saw the room exactly as I had envisioned it. I was blown away. The entire day went by so smoothly thanks to her professionalism. Honestly, there are not enough words to express how strongly we feel about Julie's performance. Thank you Julie!!

Rich & Sara

Sent on 07/29/2011

Jenny · Married on 06/11/2011

If I could give Julie ten stars I would. We needed a wedding coordinator since we were planning a wedding in San Diego while we live in New York, and she was with us every step of the way, with full guidance and support, not to mention friendliness and patience with all the random questions we had.

After going through a wedding, I agree with all the books that encourage hiring a coordinator, and hiring Julie is a must if you're in the San Diego area. One month prior, she asked us about all of our preferences, wedding party - all the little details that we forgot to consider.

On the wedding day itself, as the bride, I just got to relax and let Julie do her thing at the venues while the girls got ready at the hotel. Julie had checked and double-checked all the vendor contracts and schedules, and everything arrived on time, and the limo drivers knew exactly where to pick up and drop off the guests and wedding party.

Julie organized the wedding rehearsal perfectly - she kept it fun and was really approachable and professional. She has a natural leadership and charisma, so the wedding party found her totally cool but look up to her at the same time.

In the end, I hired a wedding coordinator, but we found a new friend in Julie, and too bad we only get married once!

Sent on 06/23/2011
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 05/01/2011

I don't know what we would have done without Julie! She was an amazing wedding coordinator and helped to make our wedding more perfect than I ever good have imagined! She was there for every little question I had (and believe me there were A LOT of them)! Julie made everything run so smoothly on the day of our wedding and we will forever be grateful for her! We enjoyed every second of our wedding and didn't have to stress about a thing!

Sent on 05/17/2011

Ron · Married on 04/23/2011

OMG! Words cannot express how thankful we are for Julie! She was absolutely incredible for the month of (and day of) our wedding. She was indespensible! For people who think they can do without a coordinator, we ask you to reconsider. She made our day run sooo smoothly and stressfree! Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/28/2011

Katja · Married on 04/23/2011

Julie far exceeded all our expectations. In fact, my husband and I had originally thought about just eloping, but after meeting with Julie and her DJ husband, Mick, we were so inspired and pumped up that we decided to go all out and have the wedding of our dreams. I never really thought I'd "need" a coordinator -- or if I did, then just a "day of" coordinator -- but I can honestly tell you that Julie was, without question, the best possible investment. She is so organized and amazing with details, and as soon as she took the reins during the last month, I could completely relax knowing she was in charge. I trusted her completely, and that is priceless. She tied up all the loose ends, took care of numerous little fires, came up with brilliant suggestions, and did everything with a gracious smile and prompt reply. Our wedding day went smoothly thanks to her, and the best part is that my husband and I got to enjoy the day and didn't have to worry about a single thing - thanks to Julie working her magic. Hire Julie -- it'll be the best decision you'll make in terms of your wedding!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2011

Jill · Married on 12/28/2010

We could not have asked for a better, more qualified, more personable wedding coordinator than Julie Scrivener of “The Best Wedding For You.” She not only covered all the standard basics of the average wedding coordinator, Julie went above and beyond in every respect. She made sure that nothing was left to chance on our wedding day. When I needed pins to hold in my headpiece at the last minute, she was right there. She handled all of our clothing changes (we had three throughout the evening), she made sure that all of our wedding vendors were on time with deliveries, and she also ensured that our cake, floral and dinner orders were correct. She returned our cake vendor’s equipment for us after the wedding, and made sure we got our refund. Most of all, Julie was always two steps ahead of us with everything we needed. She knew what to do, without even having to be asked. She returned every call and answered every email in a timely manner, more quickly than we would have expected. Most of all, she made our wedding day “stress-free,” with her professionalism and her friendly, calm personality. We highly recommend Julie to anyone getting married, no matter what or where your wedding venue is!

Sent on 01/18/2011

Vanessa · Married on 11/20/2010

If you haven't thought about getting a wedding coordinator yet you are missing out! Julie is the reason why our wedding turned out perfect! She is professional, easy going, organized, easy to work with, accessible, and hard working! I was able to actually enjoy my wedding and everything ran smoothly considering we had to move an outdoor wedding indoors overnight! Rain doesn't stop Juile and she was able to transform an outdoor wedding into an indoor romantic candle-lit feel atmosphere all the while staying calm and organized. If you need anything she is there! Working with her and her husband Mick (Elite British DJ) made our wedding day unforgettable and guests still tell us how much fun our wedding was and how remarkably smooth everything went. Attention Grooms! Give your Bride-to-be a wedding present and book Julie as your coordinator. If I can pick anything, the one thing I would not have gone without was having Juile as our coordinator. Thanks, Julie!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2011

mary lou · Married on 10/17/2010

We never had a worry. Julie handled everything exactly as we asked. She, along with her husband, Elite Bristish DJ, made the wedding and reception just perfect.

Sent on 10/21/2010

Summer · Married on 10/16/2010

One of the things I said leading up to my wedding was "I don't want to worry about anything at all, I want someone else to handle anything that comes up..." Julie did exactly that and more! Between her husband Mick (our DJ) and her, I was not worried about one single thing. She handled everything from my sneaky family members getting into the ceremony early to my in laws special meals to taking the blame for a bad seating arrangment (even though it was absolutely my fault!). Her professionalism was outstanding - she was thorough, prepared, efficient, easy going and so much fun! Thank you Julie for your amazing work. I haven't stopped smiling since Saturday. :)

Sent on 10/20/2010

Brittany · Married on 10/02/2010

Julie took care of everything, it was so easy to not worry about anything, I knew the moment we met I wouldn't have to worry about any details on our wedding day!

Sent on 02/14/2011

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2010

Julie did a great job as the coordinator for our wedding in September. She is extremely knowledgeable and organized, and really made the planning of our wedding so much easier. On the big day, she took care of everything and made sure the whole day went smoothly, allowing us to enjoy our wedding without worrying about anything.
    We booked both Julie and her husband, Mick, as our DJ. They both did a fantastic job and were extremely fun and easy to work with. I highly recommend them both!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Carey · Married on 08/28/2010

Julie surpassed our expectations on the day of our son's wedding. She took care of every detail to perfection. We also appreciated Julie's calm demeanor, which helped the rest of us stay calm. Thanks to Julie, we were able to enjoy the entire wedding day/evening!! We recommend her wholeheartedly.

Sent on 10/10/2010

Tracy · Married on 07/24/2010

Julie was a fabulous wedding planner that felt more like a great friend! She went above and beyond to make the day as smooth as possible and seem almost effortless. She is amazing at what she does and all with grace, confidence, honesty, and professionalism! She is capable of making the best wedding for you, and when I say you, I mean it's about you! She takes pride in what she is doing and it is very obvious this is her passion! That's what makes for a successful wedding planner, someone who loves what they do! Julie can make your day very special and I would recommend her to any Bride and Groom looking for a passionate wedding planner who will make your day the best it can be and then some!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Mike · Married on 07/24/2010

Julie is truly an amazing coordinator. I cannot begin to describe how amazing things went because of her expertise and meticulous attention to detail. At first we were hesitant to use a coordinator thinking we would task a family member to help run things or do it ourselves, after seeing what she did I can confidently say do not try this yourself. No matter how much you think you can plan in advance there is always something that needs attention during the wedding and Julie is right there handling it, which allows for a seamless wedding. We also used her husband (Elite British DJ) and let me tell you the duo are worth every penny and more I still have friends talking about how amazing the DJ was! I normally do not write reviews for anything or anybody (Selfish in Know… :-) my wife and I were more than happy to write this as Julie deserves it for such an amazing job she did. If you would like to speak with me please reach out to Julie for my contact info and I would be more than happy to serve as a reference…

Regards, Mike & Jennifer Leedom

Sent on 11/11/2010

Kristen · Married on 07/18/2010

Julie is the best of the best! She took ALL the pressure and stress off of myself, my mother and my husband. She had an answer for every question and responded almost immediately EVERY single time we emailed or called her. She was extremely professional, flexible, responsible and KNOWLEDGEABLE! Planning our wedding without Julie would have been impossible. She makes it easy. You can rest assure that you only need to tell Julie something one time...then she's made note of it and it's taken care of. She made sure every detail was exactly what we wanted. She also gave extremely helpful advice when we weren't sure of what we wanted. Julie also gave excellent recommendations for other vendors. Julie is your one-stop shop for wedding planning.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Cecily · Married on 07/10/2010

Julie covers every detail, takes away all stress, has the best advice and is all around amazing! She went even the furthest extent of adressing an envelope for our pastor to send our marriage certificate in the mail! That is CLEARLY amazing. You will be glad to have her on your wedding day coordinating and making sure everything runs smoothly.

Sent on 10/08/2010

Leighann · Married on 06/26/2010

Dear Mick & Julie,

We just wanted to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding so perfect!!! From the moment we met you both--we knew we would all have so much fun together! You both thought of so many ideas and details that we would never have come up with on our own & those details made our wedding not only memorable to us but to our guests as well.

It was funny because even after we met you both & already knew you were great--we ran into each other at the 2009 Bridal Bazaar, I was there helping one of my newly engaged friends with her wedding. Even though we had already booked you both, if we hadn't we definitely would have after seeing you at the Bazaar--the both of you stood out in a positive, professional, and fun way. I remember, Mick--you were handing out your CD's & Julie was thoroughly explaining some wedding details to a bride... I think the main difference that stood out was that the two of you just seemed natural; whereas a lot of other DJ's and wedding coordinators seemed a little corporate & stereotypical. It was also cute, because when I finally broke through the line of people that were waiting to talk with you--you both even remembered my name--after only meeting me once in person! That was pretty impressive.

Needless to say, we never had a doubt that the two of you would by far meet our expectations, but we had know idea how far you would both exceed our expectations! Our wedding definitely would not have been the same without the two of you.

Mick--you did such a fantastic job with the ceremony music, cocktail music & reception music--everything was perfect!! You played all our favorite songs, edited songs the way we requested and kept the crowd dancing and energized the entire time. Not only did we not want the night to end--I don't think any of the guests did either. We just loved (and many, many guests complimented) the "do not play" montage, centerpiece/dollar giveaway & Old School bit!!! You not only made our wedding fun--you made it beyond stand out!!

Julie--Not only did you make the wedding run flawlessly--you made the entire month before the wedding seamless! I truly loved how you took over confirming the vendors and making the time-line--seeing that & knowing that you were in charge made me able to relax the week before the wedding, at the rehearsal, and allowed me to just have pure fun at our wedding! You are truly the best gift even the most OCD bride (& mother of the bride) can ever give themselves!! You make everything calm, smooth & keep everyone on task--We just loved that!!

We just truly can't thank you enough. You both are just fun, down-to-earth, kind people who we truly enjoyed spending time with & we hope we get a chance to go for drinks sometime soon with you two! If you ever need a reference, please feel free to list our name and contact #. We would be more than happy to share our wonderful experience with others!

PS...
    Tell Stella & Portman we say 'hi!'

Sincerely,
    Leigh Ann & Greg

Sent on 07/24/2010

Erica · Married on 05/29/2010

My fiancé and I were new to San Diego and very intimidated by the wedding process. It seemed so hard to choose which vendor to use. The thought of having a wedding planner seemed out of our budget and unnecessary. However, planning a wedding while working full time quickly became overwhelming. I heard of Julie through a very strong recommendation and gave her a call. I was immediately taken by how organized and down to earth she was. It was so refreshing! We met with her and decided to use her as the month of coordination. However, she immediately helped me by email and phone with all of my questions. We used her recommendation on all of our vendors and could not have been happier with the results. It was so nice to have someone we trusted pointing us in the right direction.
    As soon as we reached the month of the wedding, Julie completely took over with all the details. She thought of things that had never even crossed my mind. I cannot get across what a relief it was to have her in control. Besides all of the work Julie did during the month leading up to the wedding, she organized the rehearsal at the church, and was there by my side during the entire wedding day. It was so wonderful to not have my family dealing with ANYTHING during that day. You’ve done so much planning.. Enjoy your day!! She was worth her weight in gold. If you are considering getting Julie as your wedding planner, move fast! She is very popular. I also would suggest booking her with her husband Mick (Elite British DJ). He is amazing too and they make a great team!

Sent on 07/19/2010
  • luisaglz

Ida · Married on 04/17/2010

Julie was amazing!!! I did the month of coordination with her and I'm so glad I did. She made my wedding experience stress free and memorable. She understood my expectations, needs and wants and made them all happen. I couldn't have asked for more. At the end of the night, I cried because I was so happy the way everything turned out. I'm going to miss working with her. If you're looking for an organized, efficient, patient, caring coordinator, call Julie.

Sent on 04/21/2010

Judy · Married on 04/10/2010

Julie was the coordinator for our daughter's wedding last weekend. She was awesome. She was great with all the details and made sure that everything ran smoothly all day. Couldn't have done it without her. We highly recommend her.
    Thank you Julie!!!