The Best Wedding For You Reviews

The Best Wedding For You 1
The Best Wedding For You 2
The Best Wedding For You 3

andrea · Married on 03/25/2017

Julie is INCREDIBLE!!!! I was referred to her and her husband (Elite British DJ) by a family friend who had them at their wedding. Luckily I snatched them up before they got booked as i know they are in high demand.

If you think you don't need a wedding planner...think again! Even if its just for the month of. Julie is worth every penny. I can not say enough good things about Julie. I got married on a military base and she was so knowledgeable about the rules and regulations. Julie is so sweet, professional, and a joy to work with.

On the day of my wedding Julie made sure everything ran smoothly. If there were any problems I never knew because Julie took care of it. From day one Julie said on the day of the wedding her job was to make sure the bride did not have to worry or stress about anything and i didn't.

I would like to explain and give an example of just how sweet Julie is. I had my reception on a military base which started at 6 pm. Since it was a military base there are certain rules, one being you are not allowed to start setting up until 2 hours before. My wedding ceremony was at a church at 2 pm and the church had a wedding planner so i did not need Julie at the church (also she had a lot to do to get ready for my reception). When I pulled up to the church, guess who was standing there....Julie! She came to the church and surprised me!

Like i said Julie is the best of the best and if you are able to book her before someone else does you wont regret it.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Rosalind · Married on 03/18/2017

Julie's services were hands down the most important of all the vendors we used. Even though we booked her for "month of/day of", Julie was very helpful in assisting us with many of the planning details early on--making many helpful suggestions, answering countless emails, and meeting with us several times. Once the date grew near she took over all the vendors and pulled everything together seamlessly. The wedding day was magical and went without a hitch, thanks to Julie. She is an experienced professional and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Caitlin · Married on 03/18/2017

Julie was absolutely amazing! I honestly don't know how we could've put together our wedding without her. She is so pleasant to work with, never stressed us out, and was on top of anticipating everything, including little details I would have never thought of. She was very responsive, even months before the wedding, and was super helpful in helping us make decisions since she's seen it all. And on the day of the wedding she kept everything running smoothly so that the day went perfectly! Overall would highly recommend Julie to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2016

Thank you so much for the dream wedding you put on for us. All of our guests keep saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to.  Can't get a better compliment than that!  :) We know that there were a ton of crazy, weird requests and that we kept a lot of things last minute, but you really helped tie it all together. And sorry about the crazy light up plants lol.

We really appreciate your attention to detail, making sure all of our specific requests were met, your great ideas, insight, and your kindness during this entire process.

Thank you for everything.

Kevin and Jessica

Sent on 11/25/2016

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

Julie was the rockstar of my wedding! I had a majority of my guests coming from out of town (mostly NY/NJ) and had a venue where everything was brought in by different vendors. Julie made everything go seamlessly. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding because I had complete confidence in her and her abilities- especially handling loud east coasters. My mom and sister were also raving about how great and priceless she was at the wedding. If you are looking for an amazing coordinator look no further- she is your girl!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Meghan · Married on 10/15/2016

I literally cannot thank Julie enough for all that she did. I hired her for month of and even before that month started she was there for any little or big questions or for any advice that I needed. She is very professional and helped make the process much smoother than I could have ever imagined. The wedding day went so smooth, we used her husband as our DJ as well and it was just absolutely perfect, they are a dynamite team and both helped to make our day amazing. I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 11/07/2016
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 09/02/2016

As soon as my husband and I met Julie we knew we wanted to hire her. She truly does a spectacular job at what she does and is very efficient. We definitely were a little more laid back than usual on our deadlines and such but Julie helped keep us on top of what we needed to get done. We hired Julie to do our month of coordination and she was awesome. She communicated with our vendors and made our day absolutely seamless. She was so on top of everyone's roles and schedules it was absolutely amazing. She was my lifesaver and truly helped make our perfect day happen. All of our guests are still talking nonstop about how amazing our wedding day. It was organized and executed perfectly, but not cookie cutter, stressful or boring. She made sure that our day flowed so smoothly and it truly could not have been more perfect. So thankful for Julie and I could not recommend her more as a coordinator. She is absolutely amazing and truly made sure that my husband and I were enjoying our special day.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Natalie · Married on 08/13/2016

Julie is top notch. She is extremely organized and detail oriented, flexible, re-assuring, professional, and lots of fun! Our venue required us to bring in all vendors and Julie provided some excellent recommendations - a great added bonus to working with her. She is honest and straight forward and will give her opinion when asked but first and foremost listens to your preferences. The whole event ran very smoothly and I was able to (and my mom was too!) fully enjoy every moment knowing that Julie had everything under control. One last (and huge!) added bonus - Julie's husband Mick Scrivener (Elite British DJ) was amazing. He provided some great recommendations on how to make our event unique and everyone had an absolute blast on the dance floor. Highly, highly recommend them both!

Sent on 09/10/2016

MELVIN · Married on 07/10/2016

Julie is amazing! We got her basic full service package about 10 months before our wedding date. Our wedding was a destination one as we live in NYC, but from the beginning, she was always "there" for us. She definitely knows what she is doing and I am still amazed at how much attention she devotes to every client without getting mixed up! Our wedding day went smoothly even with our quick timeline. We highly recommend her and are very grateful for her help.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Alison · Married on 05/15/2016

We found Julie (and her husband Mick, who is an amazing DJ) via a recommendation from a friend. We are really glad that we did. Working with Julie has been amazing.
    Julie offers several package options that customize how much involvement you want her to have in helping her plan your wedding. We choose the month before the wedding and day of coordinator services she offers. Until your wedding, you get helpful emails (only once a month or so, they’re not intrusive at all) with hints about organizing or planning, and Julie is available for all your questions. She also had fantastic recommendations for other vendors that she’d worked with before and found good.
    Once we got to a month from the wedding she took over the planning and organizing. She coordinated between me and the venue to make sure we were all on the same page; she organized a timeline for the bride and groom, wedding party, all other vendors, and family so that everyone knew where they were supposed to be and at what time (our master timeline was over 7 pages and we only had a 5 hour ceremony/reception with 90 guests!); she contacted all the vendors and made sure they knew what was going on and would show up on time; she set up all our wedding favors, the guest book table, and made sure that any outside ceremony flowers were moved inside for the reception; and took care of a million other little details.
    Our wedding went off without a hitch and I honestly think it’s because Julie made that happen. I am an incredibly organized person, but I still don’t have the knowledge or awareness to be able to coordinate a wedding. Additionally, the last thing you want to be doing is setting out favors at your own wedding and it’s so relaxing to know that someone reliable is taking care of everything for you.
    Julie is kind, funny, knowledgeable, incredibly responsive to your emails, and all around amazing to work with. Julie (and her husband Mick) were easily the best choice we could have made.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Rob · Married on 04/30/2016

We recently worked with Julie as our coordinator for our 4/30/16 wedding. We were really far behind on just about all aspects of our wedding and the day was fast approaching. We had Julie do our “month of” coordination. Had we known then what we know now, we would have hired her as soon as we decided to start planning this. She made everything we hadn’t completed easier and gently gave us reminders of the important things we need to complete first. She was wonderful on help us get everything ready the month of, but she was AMAZING when it came scheduling everyone leading to the event. She made everything flow so smoothly and made the day enjoyable for both me and my bride. Julie handled it all and made sure we were enjoying everything. We cannot thank her enough for everything and make our special day so great. Our only regret is not hiring her earlier.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Kimberly · Married on 03/11/2016

What can I say.... Amazing still doens't fully describe the stellar individual Julie is. She was always kinda, reassuring, had the best timeline that my MOH and BestMan both appreciated to keep things on track. Without Julie, I couldn't image my wedding being the best day of my life. She was genuinely interested in me and my husband and at no point did I ever know there was ever a hiccup in the day. She is my angel and I am so thankful for her being part of my life going forward!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Chih · Married on 03/05/2016

We contracted Julie to help us for the month leading up to our wedding, though as soon as you contract with her, she sends out little newsletters with helpful tips and reminders. She was extremely organized. She met with us two more times after the initial meeting: second meeting right when she would start her month's services and another one the week before the wedding (along with her husband, Mick, who was our DJ). She had us fill out a form and reviewed it with us. She used her home as a storage place the week leading up to the wedding, to minimize the chance of us or friends/family forgetting to bring something. She, along with our caterer, set up the decorations so we didn't have to worry about that either.

In addition to the face-to-face meetings, we mostly communicated through email (and a few texts and phone calls). She was very responsive and when she knew she would be less responsive, she made sure we knew it beforehand. I've worked in customer service, and I appreciate someone who knows how to set customer expectations. She was also proactive in reaching out to us, verifying and confirming payments, schedules, etc. She noticed details, like when our venue misunderstood and thought we were adding time instead of just shifting our reserved time block up a half hour. It was comforting to let her bear some of this burden of scheduling all the other vendors and I could go to her as the one main point of contact (or at least include her in all my communications with other vendors so she was on top of everything).

She ran the rehearsal smoothly. During the wedding, it was so helpful to have her reminding us what was up next, what we had to do next, so we didn't have to keep all of that in our heads. It's these little things that helped us relax and enjoy our day.

If we were to do it all over again, we would still choose her! (and her husband as our DJ, but that's for a separate review)

Sent on 03/07/2016

Julie, "The Best Wedding for You" was an excellent wedding planner and allowed us to relax and enjoy the day knowing that all the details were being addressed! Our family and guests thought everything was beautiful and the whole day ran smoothly due to her diligence, attention to detail, responsiveness, and organizational skills. She is a true experienced professional and thought of things that we would have overlooked while being a great listener. We had no idea how many elements were involved in planning so her services are invaluable and worth every penny. We truly could not have expected a more perfect day with her help. We so enjoyed getting to know her on a personal level because she took all the worry out of planning our wedding day! THANK YOU, JULIE! Anne and Steve

Sent on 03/11/2016

Anna · Married on 01/17/2016

We hired Julie as our day-of wedding coordinator for our December wedding in Balboa Park. She was so helpful and communicative throughout the entire wedding planning process, even though we only hired for day-of services. She helped give advice on vendor selection and talk us through various ideas and options. On our wedding day, she was absolutely amazing. She did everything exactly as we asked and went above and beyond to accommodate us on our special day. We 100% recommend her!

Sent on 12/30/2015

The Best Wedding For You - is absolutely right and she has plenty of awards for that reason!!! My husband and I had a Comic-Con themed wedding last year. We met her and her husband (the DJ) at a catering event on the military base. When we told Julie where we were having our wedding, she instantly was already giving us recommendations. We had to book her and we are so glad we did! She was familiar with the location (which had its challenges). We signed up for the month package which included two meetings, rehearsal, day of the wedding, and she will communicate with you with any questions you may have via email. When we had our schedule handed to us, we were wondering how we were going to get everything in in 5 hours (limited due to being on the military base). Everything worked wonderfully! On rehearsal day, she helped us work on the transition we wanted to do into our costumes after ceremony. Julie got to work on coordinating and setting everything up on the day of the wedding. She was the only one who captured on film, us and the wedding party transitioning into our costumes (I was Captain America and my husband was Iron Man) behind the black sheet. Julie and her husband did dress up to partake in the festivities as well. Julie (and her husband - will go into detail in another review) did an awesome job on our wedding to make it memorable for us, our family and friends!!! You won't regret it when you hire Julie and her husband. (People still talk about our wedding to this day...)

Sent on 05/15/2016

Vanessa · Married on 10/23/2015

Julie was amazing! She handled everything that came up and was incredibly attentive. I was the bride and sent her countless emails that she responded to promptly despite the fact that she had many other weddings she was working leading up to the day of my wedding. She was professional and always kept a level head. I highly recommend her, she was great to work with!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Vanessa · Married on 10/23/2015

Julie was amazing throughout the process of wedding planning and especially on the actual day. She was professional and timely in all aspects and had great advice. The day wouldn't have been as stress-free and seamless without her, she was invaluable to the success of our wedding. Highly recommend.

Jeri · Married on 10/23/2015

Julie was amazing! We brought her in about six months before the wedding and she never missed a beat. My daughter was getting married in San Diego and I was located in Seattle … Julie was like my eyes, ears and heart helping with all the vendor coordination, bringing up details I would never have thought about, and constantly communicating with us. I would, without a doubt , recommend her to anyone! The entire celebration went off without a hitch, was absolutely beautiful, and knowing that Julie was there allowed me to relax and enjoy the day from beginning to end! Thank you Julie! We could not have done it without you!

Jeri (Mother of the Bride)

Jessica · Married on 10/10/2015

I can’t say enough about how wonderful Julie is. She’s polished, professional and so, very talented! We purchased the Month of Plus Package, which was perfect for us. Julie was available, quick to respond and supportive throughout the planning process.

She’s organized, detail-oriented, well connected, a great communicator and has an awesome sense of humor. Our guests were raving about her and her husband, our DJ (Elite British DJ, Mick). She was such a help to all of us. She went above and beyond our expectations. Absolutely fantastic.

• F

Fanny · Married on 10/02/2015

Julie was recommended to me from my photographers, Photos by Chana and Don (also highly recommended!) I met with one other planner, but Julie just made me feel more comfortable. My husband and I decided on a destination wedding and we chose Hawaii. We had never been before so we needed to decide which island to chose. Julie told me the differences between the islands and so I chose the Big Island because I wanted something that wasn’t just in a city. Julie and I both had never been there, so we literally had to start from scratch. She helped me find the venue, which turned out to be the most amazing venue ever! Puakea Ranch. Our pictures where the most amazing and perfect. The caterers Julie found were also amazing! My guests could not stop gushing about the food. Julie always found at least two vendors for each category so I could have options and chose which one I preferred. In the days leading up to the wedding, I was very nervous because I had never seen the place. Julie helped me feel so comfortable. There was a few times I would text her about some concerns I had and she promptly always texted me back. She definitely made me feel a lot more comfortable knowing she was on top of things and that she had been with me through the whole year long planning process. On the day of she was invaluable! For the amount of things going on around me as I was getting ready both before and then during the wedding, I was SO glad Julie was handling things. There was some issues with the shuttle service I hired for my guests, but Julie insulated it from me fairly well. Then there was an issue with my wedding cake, but she insulated me so well I didn’t even know about the problem until after the wedding. All of my wedding party kept telling me that Julie was amazing and on top of everything. I truly could not have kept up with all the details involved with planning for a wedding. Although weddings are expensive, hiring a wedding planner like Julie is a necess

Sent on 10/15/2015
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/20/2015

We hired Julie for the day of coordinator but I feel like she was much more, answering my many emails along the way. I tried to tackle all of it with my 11 other wedding vendors but by the end, it became incredibly overwhelming and I'm so happy I had her on my team. She stepped in a few times, on things I hadn't even thought about. She facilitated our rehearsal, which alone was amazing since I had no idea how to conduct that. The only thing that didn't go so well was her calligrapher recommendation, which ended up being a waste of money for me and I ended up printing out the name cards myself. Her husband Mick was our DJ. They are an incredible duo at a great value. The day of, you really don't want to have to stress about the tiny logistics of the day. Julie allowed me to enjoy our wedding day. I'm forever grateful!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Megan · Married on 09/05/2015

Julie went above and beyond our expectations. She is a seasoned professional and was instrumental in everything going so smoothly at our wedding. I was very happy to defer to her advice and expertise and she did not disappoint. She came highly recommended from our wedding venue and I can definitely see why. She has a great reputation and even our cake vendor knew her name immediately and gave her very high praises both before and after our wedding.

Many of our out of town wedding guests and members in our wedding party took note and remarked at how they wished they would've had someone like Julie around for their wedding too and how lucky we were to have had her for ours. She's professional and detail oriented, but also so lovely and personal. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without her!

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/29/2015

Julie is a model of expertise, professionalism, kindness, and enthusiasm. Throughout our entire wedding planning process, she was always available for questions and advice - even when it was technically outside of our "month-of" time frame! As soon as she took over our wedding, she was completely on top of everything - contacting my vendors, checking my contracts, making sure all timelines lined up properly... it was awesome. The day of the wedding, she executed everything flawlessly, while keeping my husband and I completely calm and having a great time. Julie and Mick are truly the best in the business, and I'm so grateful for everything they did for us.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Kimberly · Married on 08/28/2015

I'm a control freak so at first I went into the wedding planning thinking I can do it all...not realistic, especially when you work full time. My family convinced me that a wedding planner was required. I initially heard about Julie's husband, Mick, who is a DJ, and when I looked into it some more I found out his wife was a wedding planner. I thought, "Winner"! Let me tell you, it was the best decision I made and I am so thankful for the support that Julie offered during the entire process. She responds in a timely manner and is honest when you ask her opinion. She put my mind at ease through the whole process and although I only just met her, I felt comfortable from the beginning. Julie and Mick make an incredible team and their experience, both individually and as a team, made our wedding day the most spectacular day. We really couldn't have imagined more!

Sent on 09/04/2015