The Bernards Inn Reviews

120 | Bernardsville, NJ

120 Reviews for The Bernards Inn

Lisa · event on: 03/28/2017

A great venue with real charm and a fantastic team working to ensure all expectations were met or exceeded. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Ria · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding at The Bernard's Inn this past Saturday. One word sums up our night...."magical"!!! The service, food, ambiance, was just second to none!! Our banquet manager, Andrea Testa worked tirelessly to make our day so incredibly perfect!! Our guests cannot stop talking about it!! From the of our hearts...Thank you for a day we will cherish forever!!!! Ria and Russ Romeo

Sent on 12/12/2016
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 10/02/2016

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding - the Bernards Inn certainly pulls off elegant, seamless weddings with ease. My groom, our families, the bridal party, and I did not have to worry about a thing.. the staff is fabulous. Five stars all around.. and of course, our guests still cannot stop talking about the food. Absolutely exquisite.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Erika · Married on 10/01/2016

The Bernards Inn was excellent in every way. First of all, Jessica Quesada was our coordinator, she was truly fabulous from the very beginning we met with her. She took time to go over all the wedding packages, and all the options we had. She was extremely professional and knowledgeable. Most of all, she is very warm and caring.
    Everything went very smoothly on the wedding day. The food at the cocktail hour as well as the reception was excellent. We had so many guests complimenting the food. The service was excellent and the tables at the reception were absolutely beautiful set up. I would definitely recommend Jessica as well as the Bernards Inn.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Teri · Married on 06/05/2016

Steve, my husband, and I am so happy that we chose The Bernards Inn for our wedding reception. From the selection and planning stages right through to the Big Day, we were not disappointed. Entirely professional, thorough and flexible in approach, every detail was not overlooked by Bonnie and the team. We felt that Bonnie shared personally in the success of our event! I truly valued her advice, direction and partnership on all of the decisions that we made. The selection of food offerings was incredible, the wait and bar staff was efficient and professional and, the hotel team was highly attentive. This, coupled with the refined beauty and the elegance of The Inn, resulted in rave reviews from all of our guests. Everyone and everything at The Bernards Inn stands for top notch class and a refined, warm and elegant charm that can not be compared. We look forward to visiting The Inn in the future!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at Bernard's Inn on May 13, 2016. After touring the facility, having an amazing Sunday brunch there and comparing the price to other more casual options in the area (private rooms in upscale pubs) there there was no question. What an incredible venue and perfect location to kick-off our wedding weekend! We had a total of 43 guests and booked the wine cellar. The space is totally private with it's own entrance and is absolutely stunning. Following 45 minutes of cocktails and passed hors' dourves we moved into a separate room for our 4 course dinner. The food was delicious and staff very accommodating.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Dawn · Married on 02/27/2016

We certainly chose well when we decided to have our wedding at The Bernards Inn. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Bonnie was so very helpful during the planning stages, and her execution exceeded our expectations. The rooms were beautiful as well as functional, and our guests raved about the food. The service staff was amazing. Each member of this well-trained team watched over the room at all times, attending to our guests with speed and grace. The Bernards Inn took all the stress and little details out of our hands, allowing us to completely enjoy our special day.

Sent on 12/09/2016

The staff at the Bernards inn was so helpful, and attentive. The bridal attendant and Maitre'D went above and beyond. They kept us on schedule and handled a few situations so we did not have to deal with anything stressful.
    The food at the Bernards inn is of the highest quality. Our guests could not get over the cocktail hour and those pumpkin ravioli are to die for! It's been a month since our big day and our friends and family are still raving about the food. They offer a variety of choices.

Jessica was very accommodating. We wanted mini cupcakes ( which were delicious) and she helped us choose our signature drink. She also made sure my husband was able to have lamb for his meal which was his one request.

The inn is beautiful and made for a gorgeous backdrop to all of our pictures, and the bridal suite was amazing!! Joshua B. Was very helpful with setting up our room block and when I needed to add more rooms he took care of it.

We had a small wedding about 100 guests and the inn was very spacious. It's rustic look makes you feel at home.

The day went so quickly but we could not have been happier with our expierence.

Sent on 11/28/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Bernard's Inn and it could not have been more perfect! The Inn is such a beautiful setting between the cozy wine pantry and silver vault where we had our cocktail hour to the gorgeous ballroom upstairs. Bonnie was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She ensured that planning was easy and seamless and flawlessly executed our vision. All of our guests were raving about how wonderful the evening was from the food that was out of this world to the impeccable service, the Bernard's Inn was truly the perfect setting for our wedding!! One of my favorite things from the night was our cake. The on-site pastry chef really outdid herself, we had sent over a few pictures and ideas and the end result was even more beautiful then I could have imagined! The Bernard's Inn is truly an incredible venue and we cannot thank the staff there enough for making our wedding the most wonderful night of our lives!!

Sent on 01/17/2016

The Bernards Inn's reply:

Hello Sarah and Greg,
    Thank you so very much for this beautiful review. I hope that you are
    enjoying married life and settled in your new home. Please send
    me some of your beautiful photos when you can.

Warmest wishes to an adorable couple and thank you for submitting
    an I
    "Inn Moment" Instagram winning photo.

Amy · Married on 09/05/2015

I live in Sweden and had to trust the opinions of my mother and my sister with a lot of things. I trust them completely but our opinions on things are not always the same! I only saw the Bernards Inn for the first time a few months before the wedding and my husband saw it only a few days before... It was a scary undertaking but well worth the risk. We chose the Inn because it was accommodating to 'smaller' weddings and there were also rooms for a number of the people we had traveling in. Bonnie was exceptional and truly professional right from the beginning. She was accommodating to us wanting to have a non-traditional NJ wedding in order to incorporate a number of Swedish aspects. Everything was amazing and there were things they thought of that I wouldn't have even imagined needing myself until it was offered. Everything went smoothly and it was easy to leave everything in their hands and trust it was going to happen. The food was amazing - some friends said it was the best cocktail hour they ever attended, even though we had scaled down the food offerings completely by NJ standards! We had dinner in the ballroom and dancing downstairs, and everything worked perfectly. I can't say enough amazing things about Bonnie and all of the staff at the Bernards Inn. I thank them all for making our wedding day truly beautiful and memorable!!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Jake · Married on 08/23/2015

Many of our guests commented this was the BEST wedding they had ever been to! The Inn is elegant, the food is to die for, the service is excellent, and the price is just unbelievably reasonable!!!

We started with cocktail hour in the ballroom followed by dinner. There was so much amazing food for our cocktail hour we had to remind our guests that dinner was still to follow! The lobster corn fritters and jumbo shrimp were super tasty and many of our guests raved about the French station with it's warm brie, onion soup pastries, and mini croque monsieurs.

We had a platted dinner with a pesto ravioli appetizer followed by a choice of sirloin or chicken. Dinner and wine orders were taken table side -- each table had it's own waiter plus a head waiter for each side of the room plus we got our own private butler for the entire event who make sure we didn't miss one thing we had ordered!!

After dinner we decided to take everyone downstairs for dancing in the Silver Vault and Wine pantry. Which was the best decision we ever made. Since everyone had to stand up and go down stairs the dance party started immediately didn't stop until the event was over!

When we got back up to the complimentary bridal suite our butler had saved us both a slice of wedding cake and two of every wonderful desert we had missed while we had been dancing! The staff had also already washed and repackaged our toasting flutes, cake knife, and serving utensils and put them safely in our room.

All night the service was absolutely amazing. From Bonnie and Jessica our on-site wedding coordinators, Jake our banquet manager, and Barbra our personal butler every single person was friendly, polite, and responsive.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Gail · Married on 06/13/2015

The staff at the Bernards Inn was meticulous about every aspect of the reception we planned for my soon and daughter in law law that took placre with the banquet manager Andrea Testa. . She was very helpful and made sure that the party. I highly recommend having a special event for a family member at the Bernards Inn. This was the second event that we had there.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Megan · Married on 04/18/2015

Bonnie and the staff at the Bernard's Inn were superbly attentive to make my wedding a smooth, beautiful, and wonderfully memorable event! My fiance and I held a small wedding celebration (40 people) to unite our East and West Coast families last weekend, and it couldn't have been more perfect! Working with the staff at BI was a very easy and enjoyable experience from start to finish. We were amazed with the attention to detail and perfection in the food at our tasting, and that level of service carried through our entire stay at the inn for our wedding weekend. My fiance and I stayed at the inn with my family from California. Our rooms were gorgeous and we have all of our needs attended to. Bonnie coordinated food so that our guests arriving later in the evenings would have a warm meal awaiting them. Our wedding day was so fabulous, I cannot even think of a single hiccup in the whole event! We had a staff member assigned to make sure that my fiance and I had food and drink at all times - and even accommodated my gluten-free diet to a T! The food was phenomenal - from the cocktail hour through the cake (which was totally gluten-free, and no one had a clue!) and desserts. We used the Bernard's Inn house florist (Jardiniere Fine Flowers), and they were absolutely lovely. Jardiniere worked with the Bernard's Inn to decorate our cake with fresh flowers, and it looked even more beautiful than the picture I had sent them! At the end of the night, Bonnie's staff made sure that all of our belongings were safely returned to our room...and left us a gorgeous display of desserts, champagne, and wedding cake. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day! I highly recommend Bernard's Inn for anyone looking for an exquisite wedding - from the planning to the final toast!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Bruce · Married on 03/21/2015

This was just a fantastic venue for our Wedding. Bonnie of The Bernards Inn took care of EVERYTHING. The coordination, scheduling, tasting, and service was what you expect from such an elegant location. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was truly outstanding. We had the reception in the Wine Pantry and Silver Vault which was so intimate and beautiful. I cannot tell you how many guests commented on how this was the best wedding they have ever been at. The presentation from the cocktail hour to the meals was flawless. We had 3 choices for a main course and all were made to perfection and plated beautifully. The whole staff could not have been nicer and hugs and kisses to Bonnie who made this day a beautiful memory.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Bonnie is amazing! The staff is second to none. The venue was beautiful and food out of this world. We will be back and will make this an anniversary tradition. With the wedding ceremony venue, cocktail hour room, dinner space, breakfast buffet next day, rooms, etc... This was a bargain and came out beyond our wildest dreams.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Beth · Married on 01/01/2015

1 word - AMAZING
    Staff was top notch. Service was wonderful. The bridal assistant I was 'assigned' for the day was great, Rosanna was at my side and ready with whatever I needed (sometimes even before I knew I needed it!). The general staff that served, bar tended, and handed check in was fantastic! All of our guests commented on the service and attention to detail throughout the wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and farewell brunch the next morning!).

And the food.... DELICIOUS. Their food definitely lives up to the reputation. Served hot, fresh and seasonal, beautiful to the eye! Shout out to Liz (pastry chef) who made our BEYOND fresh and delicious almond cheesecake, 4 tier, beautifully unique black and white split fondant wedding cake. And the talk of the reception was the grooms cake, stealing the night - which was a dead wringer for Hooters Chicken wings ... no one could believe it was a cake!!

We worked closely with Bonnie for a few months prior to ensure every detail was perfect. She and her team were flexible and had some great ideas and suggestions to take what we wanted to the next level with their experience and execution. (like the cup cake decorating bar for the kids during dessert!)

Drinks flowed all night - table service was great. We even had a sick guest and the staff brought him dinner in his room!

THANK YOU to the whole staff - top notch all the way from food to service to proactive communication and responsiveness prior to the day of the event. Rooms were clean, charming, and ready earlier than anticipated for guest check in as well.

If i had to do it again I would do it exactly the same way .... at the Bernards Inn

Sent on 01/12/2015

Katherine · Married on 11/22/2014

Our wedding at the Bernard's Inn was completely perfect! Bonnie was our catering manager and she was responsive and professional throughout the planning process. The food was amazing at our wedding and our guests all raved about the food from cocktail hours all the way through the cake. The inn has a wonderful decor and charm which enhanced the romantic feel I wanted for our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Allen · Married on 10/10/2014

I can't give this place enough praise! Bonnie made the process of planning the reception and ceremony at the Bernards Inn very easy. Every detail was accounted for to make sure the day of our wedding went smoothly! And it did! Bonnie and her staff were extremely helpful and professional. They made sure we were taken care of from the beginning of the evening to the end. Food from the cocktail hour was brought to us in our suite. We had drinks waiting for us in our suite. They did an amazing job to make sure we all had a great time.

We didn't get to spend much time at the cocktail hour, but from what our guests tell us, they were very impressed. Food was in abundance and their glasses were never empty! The food was of high quality. They add class and a little twist which we loved.

The venue itself has a lot of charm. We fell in love with the area downstairs where we held the cocktail hour and the breakfast. They did a great job decorating the main room for both the ceremony and the reception.

Sent on 10/31/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/05/2014

Our wedding was at The Bernards Inn on 10/5/14 . I could not be more pleased with how perfectly everything went and the superior service provided. The food was incredibly delicious (our guests are still complimenting it!) and our cake/desserts were perfect! Bonnie was our contact and was incredible to work with. She had amazing ideas and was a great help in making sure our wedding turned out perfectly (and it did!) The other staff were wonderfully attentive. The Bernards Inn goes over the top to ensure a great experience for the bride, groom, and all the guests. I more than highly recommend this venue! You more than get what you pay for at The Bernards Inn. Amazing, simply amazing!

Sent on 10/16/2014

I wish I could give them 10 stars! I felt like a queen and was treated like royalty throughout my entire wedding process! Cannot wait to go back there for dinner and drinks on our one year anniversary!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Gabrielle · Married on 10/04/2014

The easiest and quickest decision I made for my wedding was in choosing The Bernards Inn for the ceremony and reception venue (and food). The planning process with the inn and the wedding day exceeded my expectations for my dream wedding. Yes, it was more than I wanted to spend but looking back, I can confidently say that it was so worth it. The professionalism and friendliness of the staff, particularly of Jessica Quesada the Catering Sales Manager we worked with, was exceptional. Jessica answered all of my Type A questions promptly with grace and kindness. Every little detail I was worried about was addressed and executed perfectly. Our guests raved about the delicious food and attentive wait staff. The romantic inn perfectly suited the vintage and classy vibe I was going for (which proved to be a bit difficult to find in NJ). My only regret is that I did not eat more of the delicious food at the wedding and at the wonderful brunch at the inn the day after! Highly recommend the Bernards Inn!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2014

We just had our wedding at The Bernards Inn on 9/26/14 . Everything was absolutely perfect thanks to the amazing staff at the inn. Bonnie was an amazing planner and coordinator and helped us to prepare , and Joseph. Helped to make sure our wedding played out perfectly that night. The chef and pastry chef helped to make our night more special by preparing special ethnic foods and desserts that we requested. Everything they made was just amazing ! The service was perfect and staff was very attentive. We received compliment after compliment about our wedding .... Thanks to everyone who helped make this a memorable day!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Joanna · Married on 08/29/2014

I am so happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Bernards Inn. Everything about our wedding was perfect and everyone is still raving about the food.

I highly recommend working with Jessica Quesada. We had our ceremony at the Bernards Inn and got ready there as well. She worked continuously that day to make sure that every aspect of our wedding went smoothly She was also a pleasure to work with.

I also absolutely loved my Bridal attendant Rosanna. She made sure that every need was met and she managed to make sure that I had a chance to eat!!!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 06/29/2014

The Bernards inn was absolutely amazing. The venue and it's staff provide the most elegant wedding. This is not your typical catering hall. It's food is exceptional and has a modern but traditional taste. They were very accommodating to all our needs and wants and went above and beyond. Bonnie was great to work with and made sure every detail was taken care of for the evening. Our Maitre'D was also great. He kept us informed throughout the evening and made sure all our needs and the needs of our guests were taken care of.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Erica · Married on 06/28/2014

WeddingWire cut my review short due to character allotment. Check out my full blog review here: F2KM1N

I cannot recommend the Bernards Inn enough. If you're a bride wondering where to host your event, and you're having a more intimate ceremony/reception like we did, then look no further! The Bernards Inn is PERFECTION.

We began planning this wedding shortly after my (now) husband proposed to me on January 1 of this year. Since I've been waiting my entire life to find "The One" and tie the knot, I didn't want to drag out our engagement. I decided June 28th would be the day to make it official. After considering alternate venues, debating elopement, and dealing with all the typical drama wedding preparation entails, we visited the Bernards Inn and fell in love.

I knew it was going to be "the" venue after reviewing the images of The Silver Vault online. I had a vision of how I wanted my wedding to be (I'd bought all sorts of vintage antiques and I created my own table decorations -- twine-wrapped bottles, etc. -- for that sort of shabby-chic look. Our initial wedding planner, Carrie, was kind and courteous and very friendly. She assisted us through all the initial hurdles of wedding preparation. My parents, fiance, and I were very impressed...

Sent on 07/03/2014