The Berkeley Hotel Reviews

5 | Richmond, VA

5 Reviews for The Berkeley Hotel

Stephanie · Married on 03/12/2017

My husband and I married at the Berkeley on March 12th and from beginning to end it was perfect. My wedding brunch was spectacular and my only complaint is that I didn't eat more. We had the most amazing experience and I wish I could do it again!

Caryn · Married on 08/27/2016

We looked at the Berkeley for a block book of rooms for our wedding and it is a beautiful hotel. Emily was so accommodating and wonderful that we quickly decided we wanted to do a send away brunch in their beautiful dining room as well. It was so simple to set up, she had everything under control and was so responsive. We were amazed by the level of customer service so when my in-laws were looking for a place to host the rehearsal dinner, we suggested they talk to Emily. They also felt immediately trusting of Emily and decided to do the Rehearsal dinner at the Berkeley hotel as well. We couldn't be more thankful of those decisions! They were able to work with us on budget, decor, and even location for the events (we didn't want both to be in the same room)! Luckily they have plenty of options for event space! The food was also phenomenal! We got so many compliments from our guests about what a cute boutique hotel it was, how amazing their stay was and how delicious the food was. Emily made it all happen! She was such a joy that I can't wait to find an excuse to host an event there again! I've also had a number of guests say that they would stay there again in a heartbeat if they come back to town! Thank you to Emily and the rest of the Berkeley staff!!!

We held both the rehearsal dinner and reception at The Berkeley and it was great! They were flexible and accommodating to my needs. They even took care of my flowers until it was time for set up. We used the Jamestown room, which is perfect if you're having a small event.

Sent on 01/06/2014

The Berkeley Hotel's reply:

We enjoyed working with you. Thank you for your positive words, we enjoy what we do!

Erin · Married on 01/09/2009

We LOVED having our wedding at The Berkeley! The entire staff was wonderful! We had both our ceremony and reception in the Jamestown Room and it worked perfectly. We only had our family as guests, so it was perfect. We used half of the room for the ceremony and the other half for our reception. The 6-course dinner was MAGNIFICENT and our waiter really made the entire experience memorable. It is definitely one of the best and most memorable dining experiences we have ever had. The bartender, Evan, also did a great job creating specialized martinis for our big day. We stayed in the Governor's Suite and our guests stayed at the hotel as well. Such lovely accomodations. We LOVE The Berkelely and would highly recommend it to anyone planning a wedding. It was the perfect place for our small and intimate wedding!

Molly · Married on 08/16/2008

All the staff at the Berkeley Hotel were wonderful to work with, the coordinator did everything possible to make the wedding perfect, the chef prepared gourmet food, and the wait staff and valets were all so happy and accomodating. We wouldn't have changed a thing about our experience at the Berkeley.