111 Reviews for The Benjamins

Learning New Songs (8)
Sample Music (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)

After getting engaged my fiancé and I put together a priority list for our wedding and near the top of that was an awesome band or DJ. We wanted the dance floor to be packed all night. Living in NJ for so many years, the Benjamins stood out from all the times they preformed at the local bars. From there we pickup up the phone and talked to Joe about our wedding, our date was available, and the rest is history. Joe provided us with several options and details for our wedding that made it fun to plan. On top of the Benjamins 3 set performance, they provided us with a DJ for the entire night. Dennis was awesome, before the wedding he prepped us perfectly to ensure our entrances, speeches, and music were amazing. The night of our wedding, Joe came up to my wife and I with a little surprise for us and it was to tell us they added an extra piece to the band for the night since he was not feeling 100%. You would have never know that cause they did not miss a beat all night! It was so much fun to work with The Benjamins and we can’t thank them enough for providing amazing entertainment for our wedding and for keeping the dance floor packed all night. We still have friends and family taking about the band at our wedding and telling us they want to see them again. Although nothing will top our wedding performance, we can’t to attend an event with the Benjamins in the future.

Profile Picture Matt, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Would give them an even higher rating if possible! We had our ceremony off-site so they provided us with music during the cocktail hour and reception. Fabulous acoustic during cocktail and dinner and a PARTY during the last few hours of the reception. Because they also have a DJ as part of their group to cover songs during the band's sets, we really felt like we got the best of both worlds. Our guests didn't stop talking about the band for weeks. They were really easy to work with, made us feel at ease, and were really great at reading the crowd and getting people dancing. We had a full dance floor all night - would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Christina, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Benjamin's played our wedding at the Laurita Winery on 11/18/17. I knew when I was planning my wedding I wanted a band. The 1st band I thought of was the Benjamin's. I have been going to bars with them all across NJ from Hoboken down to the Jersey Shore. They are always a fun time! Joe and the band always put on a great show and make it a blast. They were so easy to work with and knew exactly what we wanted. From the acoustic singing by Joe during the cocktail hour to the reception they were amazing! They knew how to get the party started. The dance floor was rocking and everyone had a fantastic time. They played everything we asked for and even ended with our party favorite Scotty Doesn't Know! Our friends were so excited about that as it was a group favorite. Everyone has been telling us about how great the band was ever since the wedding. I totally recommend them, you won't be disappointed! If you are in NJ, look up their schedule and go see them play at the bar. You will see first hand how great they truly are!

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Reception

The Benjamins performed at our wedding on 11/11/17 at Crystal Springs Resort (Grand Cascades Lodge) and it was the GREATEST experience of our entire lives. I can't even put into words how UNREAL this band is. From the second our bridal party walked in, the reception turned into the most epic dance party ever. Each and every song they chose was perfect, between the cocktail hour acoustic, to Joe's dinner solo session, to the dance party sing alongs. Joe was so great to work with and made me feel so comfortable throughout the whole process. Dennis (the DJ, MC, and drummer) was also awesome to work with and got the crowd hyped before we even walked through the door. Our family and friends were SO SO impressed and can not stop raving about how much fun they had (seriously, they won't stop talking about you guys). I can't say enough good things about this group. DO NOT look anywhere else. I have seen cheesy wedding bands and this is the complete opposite of that. You will have the greatest wedding experience ever. I would not even consider having any other band or group! I can't wait to see how many of my guests choose to have The Benjamins at their own weddings, because of the amazing time they had at our wedding. You guys are so AWESOME and I wish we could relive that night over and over again. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our wedding an absolute DREAM!

Kara and Tom Saley

Profile Picture Kara, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't put into words how amazing The Benjamins were. From the gorgeous piano playing during the ceremony to the mesmerizing acoustic guitar during the cocktail hour to the upbeat, nonstop dance party at the reception. Pure excellence!!! The whole team was very easy to work with and played the songs we requested. But the icing on the cake was surprising us with letting my now husband's sister play a song on the guitar with them! I knew I didn't want a "wedding" band so when I saw them play in Montclair last summer, I booked them instantaneously. The were definitely a crowd pleaser so if you're looking for the best night of your life, these are your guys!!!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

The Benjamins were by far the best part of my wedding! From the acoustic guitar playing as I walked down the aisle, to everyone rocking out on the dance floor during the reception, everything was perfect! I can't tell you how many of our friends and family are still telling us that they were the best wedding band they've ever heard. Thank you so much guys

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Benjamins played at our wedding on 10/6/17. After going to see the Benjamins at Joe Pops in LBI for years, we knew we couldn't have our wedding without them! Joe was super helpful in helping us arrange an acoustic guitarist for our beach ceremony, and even brought a mic for our officiant. We had a keyboardist for cocktail hour, then after that Dennis the DJ/MC/drummer extraordinaire got our intros and dances started smoothly. Once The Benjamins got started, no one left the dance floor the entire night and all of our guest had a blast! They were super accommodating, played all our favorite songs, and closed out the night with Rage Against the Machine. Literally nothing could have been better--can't wait to see them again this summer!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I booked The Benjamins to perform at my wedding ceremony and reception and I was not disappointed. I had previously seen The Benjamins play at a few bars and I knew I had to book them! My guests could not stop talking about how much fun the band was and how good the music was all night. The band played a perfect amount of old and current music.

Joe and the team was amazing to work with! Joe was very responsive to my emails and very helpful answering all my questions. Dennis- the MC /band drummer was phenomenal. If there was anything I wanted he made sure to make it happen.

I highly recommend hiring The Benjamins to perform at your wedding, you will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Benjamins are the BEST band and possibly my favorite part of our wedding day (minus marrying the love of my life, of course). I wish I could put into words how amazing this band is. The number of compliments that we received on our band is endless – people could not stop talking about how great they were! We even had friends that loved them so much they went out to see them in Hoboken after the wedding! After the initial conversation with Joe, I immediately was ready to book the band – Joe was easygoing and funny and not only did the band sound awesome, I knew they would be a fantastic time! We went out to a bar to watch them perform and we had a blast, my dad thought they were so great that he even came out with us again to see them a few weeks later! Throughout the months and weeks leading up to our wedding, Joe was extremely responsive with any questions and very organized with presenting how the reception would play out. During our reception we were running a little behind schedule due to the length of some speeches and Joe suggested cutting out the acoustic section and extending the set which was perfect since the dance floor was packed the entire night! I would recommend The Benjamins to any couple who wants to have fun on their wedding day! Their music and energy was incredible and I cannot thank The Benjamins enough – we had so much fun and we truly did not want to leave the dance floor all night!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/22/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

The Benjamins played at our wedding on the beach last weekend and they made the night for us!! We have heard them play numerous times before and they fit exactly what we were looking for. They kept the crowd going and had great energy throughout. They were extremely helpful and accommodating discussing the details of the event leading up to it. Overall very versatile in their musical selections and they gave us a night we will remember forever. After the event the majority of the compliments were in regards to the Benjamins. Thank you again!

Profile Picture Jon Carlo, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The Benjamins played at our wedding on July 30, 2017 and were absolutely amazing! Joe & team were flexible, prompt in responsiveness & worked with our budget to help us include the horn musicians that we really wanted. They really cared about what we envisioned for the soundtrack on our wedding day. They played a great mix of oldies, country, and today's hits to appeal to both young and old PLUS they came with a DJ, who is also their drummer! Having Dennis also be a DJ made it possible to have all the songs we requested played, even if they weren't on the band's playlist. They kept the party going ALL night and the dance floor was never empty! Our family & friends raved about them & said it was one of the best bands they have ever seen at a wedding. Joe and the rest of the band were so accommodating; they even let my husband's cousin play the drums with them for a few songs! We honestly can't say enough about them & how amazing they were for us. If you want a band at your wedding I honestly wouldn't even consider looking anywhere else. We want to get married all over again just so we can have a dance party with them! We are thrilled that we chose them to to create the soundtrack for our BIG DAY!
-Joanna and Kevin-

Profile Picture Joanna, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

After much research on wedding bands we decided to go with The Benjamins. Our wedding was on July 22, 2017 and The Benjamins did an amazing job! The group was professional, patient, and always got back to me with any questions I had very quickly! Everyone that was at the wedding had nothing but great things to say about them. They got the party started and helped make our wedding night a night we will never forget! I can't thank them enough! Sam & Bryan

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Benjamins just played our July 16th, 2017 wedding. We had a rock concert themed wedding, and let me tell you, this band is better then some of the bands that charge hundreds or thousands of dollars to see them in concert. This band is amazzzzzingggggg. The guys are top notch musicians. They can play any type of music you want. They are not only incredible artists, but some of the nicest people we have ever met. Our guests came up to us ALL night saying they were phenomenal. Two of our guests already said they must book them for their own events. I swear i would get married all over again to hear these guys play. Honestly the best part of our wedding day!!!!!! I would give them a rating of 100!!! Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!
Thank you for making our day Fantastic!!!!
Caren and Chris Pohts

Profile Picture Caren, 7/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

The Benjamins played our wedding on July 3, 2017. They were absolutely AMAZING! From start to finish they professional (not only with us, but venue as well). Everyone that went to the wedding has been raving about how great they were, and we honestly can not give them enough praise. They helped make our wedding night a night we will never forget! Thank you again! Jen and Justin

Profile Picture Justin, 7/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We just had The Benjamins play at our wedding on July 1, 2017. Choosing a band for your wedding can be a daunting task. But as soon as we saw The Benjamins perform live in Hoboken (based on a friends recommendation), we knew we had our band. We didn’t even consider anyone else. And they were the first and only band we even looked at! They have awesome energy and sound amazing! The Benjamins were fantastic to work with. They are professional, friendly and they made the whole process leading up to and including our wedding day stress free. Our daughter wanted to sing our first dance wedding song and Joe arranged for her to come and rehearse with the band 2 weeks before the wedding so things would be just perfect on our wedding day. Many of our wedding guests are already making plans to go see The Benjamins play down at the Jersey Shore, ourselves included! We would hire them again in a second without even thinking twice. We didn’t want our wedding to end just so they could keep playing and we could keep dancing! We would get married all over again just to hire the band again. If you are looking for a REAL band for your wedding, look no further than The Benjamins!

Profile Picture Gary, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Benjamin's rocked it at our wedding on 9/03/2017! They were absolutely amazing, my family and friends are still raving about them and what a great time they had at our wedding. Highly recommended. The band definitely made the wedding and knew how to get the crowd going. Very easy to work with and great listeners, I couldn't ask for anything more. If anyone is second guessing a band for their wedding, don't! The Benjamins played everything we asked for and more. Couldn't be happier :-)

Profile Picture Kristina, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had The Benjamins play at our school 80's themed big fundraiser. They were FANTASTIC!! They mixed the DJ and the band perfectly to match what was going on at the event. They played plenty of 80's music to work with our theme but also worked in plenty of present day music as well to keep the whole crowd pleased! They were extremely professional, fun, flexible! They made the night a huge hit, can't wait to hire them again!!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you want everyone on the dance floor, you should hire The Benjamins. They will play the songs you want to hear with style. We have received compliment after compliment on how tremendous the band was at our wedding. You won't be disappointment.

Profile Picture Andrew, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We just had the Benjamins play at our wedding this past Friday April 28th... they were phenomenal! We were so glad we had them play! Our guests loved them and a lot of them said they would love to go see them again. They also had a DJ with them which was a plus because we had the best of both worlds. The music was amazing there was no moment that no one was on the dance floor. We had such a blast and the only thing we would have done differently woulda have been to have them play longer! Thank you guys!

Profile Picture Emma, 4/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Benjamins played at our wedding on April 7th and it was absolutely OUTSTANDING! They blew everyone away with their incredible talent! After the wedding was over everyone was raving about how amazing the band was. Some were even already planning to go see them play in the future!! Bottom line, people were amazed by them. They got everyone dancing and the music sounded like a live concert. They were professional and so easy to work with! If anyone wants to take their wedding reception experience to the next level. I HIGHLY recommend The Benjamins! They were the talk of my wedding :)

Profile Picture Taryn, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Absolutely amazing! Joe & team were so flexible & really cared about what we wanted to accomplish for our wedding. They were flexible, prompt in responsiveness & worked with our budget. On top of that, they made our New Year's Eve wedding one big dance party which was exactly what we wanted! Our family & friends raved about them & said it was one of the best bands they have ever seen at a wedding AND they came with a DJ! I honestly can't say enough about them & how amazing they were for us. If you want a band at your wedding I honestly wouldn't even consider looking anywhere else. I want to get married all over again just so we can have a dance party with them!

Profile Picture Cali, 12/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We booked the Benjamins before we booked any other vendor, after seeing them live and hearing them play their awesome cover of Brown Eyed Girl. Joe was with us every step of the way, to help us create an evening that was seriously the best of our lives. Joe played an acoustic set with his sax player at cocktail hour (and during dinner) that really added a special touch to our celebration. They invited my brother up on stage to let him jam on the electric for a bit....a special moment for everyone.
Dennis, the MC, was in touch weeks before the wedding to make sure everything was sorted before the big day. I feel as though we all really got to know each other throughout the whole process, which was made more evident by the perfect vibe they created for us and our guests. The lighting and sound was spot on and everything was taken care of for us. Amazing talent and my top pick for anyone looking for the perfect band.

Mariel and John
December 29, 2016

Profile Picture Mariel, 12/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

To start, with a budget-crazy fiancé, I thought I was always fighting uphill to get a band. I took her to see several bands and the Benjamins stood out way above the rest in every aspect from lighting to song selection to stage presence. What clinched it was the fact that the lead singer, Joe went out of his way to greet us every chance we got to visit, and remembered our lone request six months later to close out our wedding. Honestly, don’t even waste your time looking at other bands. This is it. Just from our short conversations and judging our crowd reactions they knew exactly what to play at the right time. I couldn’t tell you the amount of guests that came up to me asking where we found them. When it comes to wedding music, the one thing we didn’t want was just background music. They certainly made their presence felt. Everybody was on their feet enjoying themselves… including me and I NEVER dance. In the end it was my wife thanking me that I convinced her to hire them. It completed our perfect night.

Profile Picture Jason, 12/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We were fortunate enough to have The Benjamins play our wedding. I can go on and on about their entertainment value...just go see them LIVE and you'll understand our decision. With that in mind, I'd like to focus on what makes them special.

From the very beginning, communication was great and they were on top of every detail. The engineer even offered to come out to the venue weeks earlier and scope the setup to ensure we were happy. The MC kept in contact to guarantee all the details were in place. But more than anything, it was how the band truly became an intimate part of our wedding.

They never said NO! The band offered to learn three acoustic songs for the ceremony. Joe participated in my speech with a big laugh (intended), the band learned a special song for the Father/Bride dance... AND...they let me hit the stage and sing Everlong behind the full group...allowing me to live out my Rock and Roll fantasy! Pitchy I'm sure but too much fun and a big surprise for my wife.

In lieu of me micromanaging the setlist, and they offered, I asked that they just do what they do...grab the temperature of the room, adjust as they go, and keep the crowd going. They delivered on every point and I highly recommend this approach.

On top of it all, as a special request Jenni dressed up as a 40's pinup girl and even sent my wife pics beforehand to ensure she was cool with the look. SHE WAS!

Guys, budget aside, I know many go back and forth between DJ and band or "traditional" wedding band and The Benjamins. I can tell you, been to three weddings in the last 4 weeks, ours being the last, and 4 others this year. Amongst our friends who married, and all came to our wedding, I can assure you they are all having buyers remorse...they told me so!

I highly recommend hiring The Benjamins for any event...you WON'T be disappointed and neither will your guests! It doesn't matter their age or size of the event...everyone LOVES to ROCK!

All LOVE!