The Benjamins Reviews

145 | Clifton, NJ

145 Reviews for The Benjamins

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2013

The highlight of our wedding was The Benjamins. It was like having a live concert at our wedding. They took into consideration songs we wanted (and did not want) and our taste in music when making up their playlist. Everyone commented on how great they were and how fun it made our wedding reception! They also provided a keyboardist (who learned specific songs for us) and a DJ (who played everything is asked!) So much fun, sound amazing and very very professional!

Sent on 02/02/2014

Allison · Married on 10/11/2013

We had seen The Benjamins perform many times at the Jersey Shore and when I found out they did weddings I knew they would be my wedding band. They were the highlight of the night. I keep hearing "most fun wedding ever" and I know much of this is due to The Benjamins' performance. Everyone was up out of their seats from teenagers to both of my 85 year old grandmothers. My musician uncle was very impressed with their professionalism. They played a wide range and allowed us to select our likes and dislikes from a long list of songs. The Benjamins completely brought our wedding to the next level.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Mary · Married on 09/21/2013

There are three things that make the wedding, the people, the booze and the band, not necessarily in that order. The Benjamin's totally made the wedding FUN, FUN, FUN! As mother of the groom, an older mother of the groom, I saw friends who have never danced out on the dance floor all night! They are awesome, if you have a budget, skimp somewhere else. No one remembers the flowers, the food to the wedding favors. The Band is key, The Benjamin's are really on the top of the top ten list? Book them, you will not be sorry.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Katelyn · Married on 09/21/2013

The Benjamins played at our wedding this past September and we cannot say enough great things about them. They absolutely made the party complete and anytime they were playing, the dance floor was packed. We received endless compliments about them from all of our wedding guests. They were also a pleasure to work with on the business end of things and they were the utmost professional group. What drew us most to the band was that they didn’t sound like a stereotypical cheesy “wedding band” like many of the others we saw. You can go see these guys at some of the most fun live music bars in NYC and the Shore. For us, they were the perfect blend of current and energetic bands while also having a broad range of musical knowledge that covered all age groups. They also absolutely rocked at our cocktail hour with an acoustic performance of, among other genres, some of our favorite 90s song. They totally set the scene and I think everyone knew from the first beat that these guys were going to put on an amazing performance. They also learned our first dance song, which was a bit unconventional and they did an AMAZING job on it. We didn’t opt for a videographer, but after listening to their performance, that may have been our biggest regret because we would love to watch it all over again! Hindsight is 20/20 and there isn’t a thing we would change with this band.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Caitlin · Married on 09/07/2013

The Benjamins were amazing. They invited my fiance and I to come listen to them play one night and we loved them. Jeremy was very easy to work with and professional and they were all very talented. Unfortunately the lead singer was not available for our date, but we booked them anyway and we so happy that we did! Our guests loved the music and they were on the dance floor all night long. After going over the details with Jeremy, he made sure that everything was taken care of and under control the day of so that it was completely stress free. My parents had an amazing band on their wedding day and everyone always talks about how great their band was so it was also very important for me to have an amazing band and I am proud to say that we succeeded with the Benjamins. They were able to cover everything from 1950's to today which made everyone including our grandparents and our friends get on the dance floor.

I would 100% recommend the Benjamins for anyone who is looking for a professional, fun, talented band for any private event. They went above and beyond for our wedding day and were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Kolleen · Married on 08/18/2013

Hired the Benjamins trio for my sister's cocktail hour. It was a last minute booking, and Joe was on top of all the details. He responded to all of my questions quickly and efficiently. They pulled off an amazing performance with only 2 weeks notice. They played all the songs that we requested, and were extremely easy to work with. Everyone at the wedding was commenting on how amazing they sounded and how entertaining the band was. People of all ages enjoyed their music, from the very young crowd to the older guests, all were rocking along with the Benjamins. They were the talk of the night, and many guests asked when and where they were playing next so that they could be at their next show. Music at a wedding can either make it or break it, and the Benjamins are always a sure hit! Thank you for making my sister's wedding unforgettable.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Danielle · Married on 08/16/2013

I don't even know where to start... The Benjamin's are the BEST EVER!!!!, thus I gave 5 stars for everything. I have been a fan of them for years (at least 10 yrs) and when a friend put the bug in my ear to hire them for my wedding I couldn't resist. They're extremely kind and were so respectful when it came to my ideas and my music choices; I can't thank them enough. My wedding was 8/16/13 and no joke, I still have people young and older asking me "where did I find that band?". The Benjamin's made our day so much more special, they played all our favorite songs and customized our first dance ("Danny's song") w lyrics for our daughter and it just blew our minds. I have to also say their team (Tom the Dj and the MC) were phenomenal. I was emailing Tom w new ideas almost every night for 2 weeks and he fulfilled all my requests. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!! If you are honestly looking for a band you need to go w The Benjamin's and their team. THEY ROCK!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Cori · Married on 07/27/2013

The Benjamins were unbelievable!!! I couldnt have imagined my wedding now without having them play for me! They were overall amazing in every aspect!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2013

Words can not describe the performance The Benjamin's put on for our wedding. We still have family members and friends telling us how amazing they were. From the entrance music of our ceremony, to the acoustic cocktail hour, and right down to the reception, they showed nothing but professionalism and talent. With their style and wide genre of music, they managed to encourage everyone at our wedding to dance, even the most stubborn people who never get up or go near the dance floor. We highly recommend them to everyone we meet and proudly brag that they were OUR wedding band for the greatest day of our lives.

Sent on 09/01/2013

Aja · Married on 05/18/2013

The Benjamins were amazing! Everyone was telling me how much they they loved the band. The dance floor was filled the entire night with guests of all ages. The acoustics during the cocktail hour created the perfect atmosphere. This is the one and only band to get for a wedding! They cater to your tastes and everyone will have an absolute blast!

Sent on 05/23/2013

The Benjamin's were amazing at our wedding! They set the tone for the whole night. It was exactly what we wanted. Everyone was on the dance floor and had such a great time! . Our wedding was perfect because not only did we have so much fun but all of our guests were raving about how great the live music was. The Benjamin's played everything on our playlist and were very attentive to our guests. It was perfect and we are so glad to have had the Benjamin's play at our wedding.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Magdalen · Married on 03/23/2013

I hired the Benjamins for my wedding on March 23rd and they were fantastic!!! A band can make or break a wedding and the Benjamins definitely rocked it. The band also includes DJ Giuliano who was so attentive and helped me with my music for the actual ceremony, for the introductions as well as music during the dinner. I chose the package which included a piano player for my cocktail hour. I felt that this created a nice vibe where people were able to mingle, chat and enjoy themselves.
    I was really excited to have the Benjamins play at my wedding and they did not disappont. The music sets sounded great and people danced all night long. My guests are still raving about the band and the music. The highlight of the night was when I got on stage and sang Livin' On A Prayer with the band....I felt like a rock star!!!
    I highly recommend the Benjamins especially if you want a wedding that will be fun, full of energy and a night to remember....plus they're from Jersey!!!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Michele · Married on 11/24/2012

If you are trying to decide on the perfect band for your wedding, there is really no other decision to make but to hire The Benjamins! Music is one of the most important components of a wedding and I PROMISE that you AND your wedding guests will be extremely satisfied with your choice in having them as your band. Not only do they accommodate your song requests but they also incorporate songs they know from their professional experience playing at weddings which guarantee to fill the dance floor all night long. And that is exactly what they did at our wedding! Our dance floor was packed the entire night with guests of all ages, from my grandparents to my 18 month old flower girl who became one of the youngest Benjamins fans that night. Even my 89 year old grandfather, who had just recovered from foot surgery was out moving and shaking along to the band that night. They played a variety of music from songs you typically expect at wedding (Elvis, The Beatles, etc) to current radio hits, all with a unique "rock" type spin. It's as though you have a private concert at your wedding. We had so many guests coming up to us throughout the night raving about the music and asking us where they can see them play again. In fact, we were having so much fun out on the dance floor along with all our guests that we extended the wedding an hour to keep the music going. Our videographer even emailed us after the wedding to say that he has seen hundreds of wedding bands and to quote him "That was one kick ass wedding band, a total breath of fresh air from the Tommy and The Tone-deaf types we usually see!" It's now four months since our wedding and we are still hearing from guests that it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended because of the music. If you are looking for a memorable night of incredible live music and entertainment, DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER THAN THE BENJAMINS WHEN HIRING A BAND FOR YOUR WEDDING!! -Michele Vagge-Brenneck and Rob Brenneck

Sent on 03/28/2013

Tricia · Married on 10/27/2012

Worth every penny and then some. Came to Cleveland OH and my friends and family were left with their jaws on the ground.

Sent on 03/07/2013

Diana · Married on 10/21/2012

Awesome band!!! We loved having The Benjamins play our wedding! My guests talked for weeks about how much fun they had. My Dad, who never dances, was on the dance floor with me all night! It was a wonderful, memorable event, and I highly recommend them! Totally dependable and a great group...

Sent on 03/28/2013

Jackie · Married on 10/20/2012

By far one of the best decisions we made was booking the Benjamins. Everyone still talks about how great they were. They had the entire wedding up and dancing the entire night and played a wide mix of music so that everyone enjoyed themselves. Do yourself a favor and book them. You won't regret it!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Jen · Married on 07/21/2012

My husband and I saw the Benjamin’s for the first time at Donovan's in Sea Bright and instantly fell in love with their music. When looking for a wedding band we checked out several local bands but we didn’t like them as much as the Benjamin’s. We decided to talk to Joe after one of their shows to get more information. Joe was very professional working with us, would answer all our questions and email/call us back right away. We even met several times in person to go over songs and Joe suggested layout of timing of different parts of the evening which worked out fabulously. One concern from our parents was that they would not play traditional music that would keep the older crowed on the dance floor. This turned out never to be a concern because the Benjamin’s have an extensive song list that covered many genres. The Benjamin’s kept the dance floor packed and all ages from 18 to 80 were entertained the entire night. They even spent the time to learn our wedding song for us which was a nicer touch then having the DJ play the song. We enjoyed them so much we hired them for another party a year later. All our family and friends still comment on how they had such a great time and loved the music. A lot of our friends now want to come with us to see the Benjamin’s play throughout the year. We highly suggest anyone considering a band for their wedding to hire the Benjamin’s. Music is one of the most important parts of the wedding and you will not be disappointed.

We absolutely the love the Bengamins. We have now hired them three times. The Benjamins did a fabulous job and had the dance floor packed for all three events. Our wedding was almost two years ago and we are still getting compliments about the band to this day. Two of my guests from our wedding loved them so much that they are now booking the Benjamins for their wedding. I promise you that if the Benjamins play at your wedding, you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Jean · Married on 07/06/2012

Not sure of a band to book for your wedding?? Well, your search should STOP here. My husband and I first heard the Benjamins down in LBI at our favorite bar Joe Pops 5 years ago. We immediately fell in love with their sound, personalities, and stage presence. We knew when the day came to tie the knot we had to have them perform at our wedding. When we told people who we got there were so many mixed reactions. Some thought that would be awesome while others said a 'bar band"…..I was a little worried at first because so many people had me second guessing my choice. We could not picture what our wedding would have been like if it wasn't for the Benjamins. From the moment the cocktail hour started and throughout the night people kept complimenting their musical talents. Once we entered the reception the dance floor was packed. Not only were we dancing to every song but there were people ages 2 through 82 dancing to their music. Leading up to the wedding they helped us pick an awesome set list along with throwing in a few surprises the day of. If you want a wedding that people will talk about years later then picking the Benjamins as your wedding band is a MUST. They are not just a bar band like some may think but they get the crowded dancing and keep the energy alive. I could not ask for anymore from them because I enjoyed my wedding soooo much because of their musical talents. People are still talking about them months later and some even look forward to seeing them again. Book the Benjamins NOW as your entertainment for your magical day!!!
    --Jean Marie and Daniel Erbeck

Sent on 04/01/2013

if you are looking for a night to always remember look no further! These guys RoCk!! My dancefloor was packed with people up, dancing, and smiling the entire night. My set list choices seemed limitless, as well as the band being quite accomodating to my every needs. They even learned a few new songs, as special requests from me. I would never considering hiring anyone else..

Sent on 03/03/2013

Jillian · Married on 03/17/2012

We cannot thank you enough for making our wedding one of the greatest and most memorable nights for many!!

My sister and I stumbled upon the Benjamins at least ten years ago and became fans immediately. When I started to plan my wedding I knew instantly the Benjamins needed to play! We felt our wedding should be a reflection of us, what we like and who we are. We couldn't have done that without the Benjamins.

It has a year since our wedding and we still get compliments, my favorite being, "the band made that wedding."

Entertainment is a huge part of a wedding and hiring the Benjamins was the best decision we made. Everyone was up dancing all night long, which was exactly what we wanted!!!

We want to thank all of you for your professionalism and personal attention and especially Joe for being patient with me! You are all amazing and we couldnt' have asked for more!

Jill and Rocco Rezza

Andrew D. · Married on 03/10/2012

A little over a year since our wedding and people still are raving about The Benjamins. They really rocked!! The variety of the music they made available to us was unbelievable, anything from Metallica to Rihanna to The Beatles, and they even learned our song and absolutely nailed it. In addition, their DJ filled in with house music in between sets. The dance floor was completely packed all night thanks to them. Everybody was so into them by the end of the night that they ended the wedding rock-concert style and brought down the house with their signature renditions of 'Basket Case' by Green Day and 'Bodies' by Drowning Pool. Just an unbelievable experience and we seriously cannot thank them enough for the job they did. If you're looking to make your wedding stand out from all the rest, then you definitely need The Benjamins!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Victoria · Married on 12/16/2011

You will not be disappointed! This band is amazing. They are pricy but it is so worth it. Even their DJ they work with is great I cannot say enough about how fun and wonderful they are! BOOK THEM NOW!!!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Carin · Married on 10/08/2011

The Benjamins are an amazing band!!! The best money I spent on the entire wedding!!! They will play whatever songs you want and if they dont know a song they will learn it ahead of time. They are easy to work with and the dance floor was filled the entire night! The guests at my wedding still talk about The Benjamins at my wedding almost 2 years later! You need these guys at your wedding--you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/26/2013
  • renee

Renee · Married on 08/13/2011

So glad we chose to go with the Benjamins for our wedding band. I was concerned that the music would be too young for many of our guest, however everyone was up and dancing and enjoyed them. The Benjamins played the music that I requested and also gave me some suggestions on what would get the crowd on the dance floor. We chose to have them play Acoustic during our cocktail hour and I had a ton of compliments on that. The Benjamins came with a DJ so we had the best of both worlds. They were extremely professional and very fun... My husband and I highly recommend for any event.

Mary · Married on 01/08/2011

Magnetic, Energetic, Fun, Professional, Personal and all around Perfection! The Benjamin’s are by far superior to any band out there. From their ability to handle the professional details of my wedding to they way in which they transformed the evening from a basic celebration into the event of a lifetime. Friends and family are still raving about my wedding to this day, and every last detail was nothing short of amazing.

When you envision your wedding day you want nothing but the best to ensure that your night be as magical as possible, and booking the Benjamin’s definitely but the icing on the cake. From beginning to end my experience with the Benjamin’s was picture perfect. They exhibited the utmost professionalism at all times. They ensured a set list that was perfectly tailored to my specifications, as well as being readily available to speak with regarding questions I may have had throughout the planning process. Dealing with The Benjamin’s was a very personal experience, as it felt more like friends helping to make my day extra-special, than just your average entertainment company. And then of course their performance on my wedding day was flawless. Their high energy, and varied set list selections had the dance floor pack not only throughout the entire reception but during the cocktail hour as well. Even those family members who never get out of their seats did not stop dancing. They are dynamic!. The Benjamin’s are the perfect compliment to any party. I would not only recommend but insist that, anyone looking for live entertainment, hire The Benjamin’s. They will not only meet but, exceed any & all expectations. The Benjamin’s are truly in a class of their own. They ROCK!

Sent on 03/03/2013