The Benjamins Reviews

145 | Clifton, NJ

145 Reviews for The Benjamins

Kate · Married on 05/11/2017

We had The Benjamins play at our school 80's themed big fundraiser. They were FANTASTIC!! They mixed the DJ and the band perfectly to match what was going on at the event. They played plenty of 80's music to work with our theme but also worked in plenty of present day music as well to keep the whole crowd pleased! They were extremely professional, fun, flexible! They made the night a huge hit, can't wait to hire them again!!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Andrew · Married on 05/06/2017

If you want everyone on the dance floor, you should hire The Benjamins. They will play the songs you want to hear with style. We have received compliment after compliment on how tremendous the band was at our wedding. You won't be disappointment.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Emma · Married on 04/28/2017

We just had the Benjamins play at our wedding this past Friday April 28th... they were phenomenal! We were so glad we had them play! Our guests loved them and a lot of them said they would love to go see them again. They also had a DJ with them which was a plus because we had the best of both worlds. The music was amazing there was no moment that no one was on the dance floor. We had such a blast and the only thing we would have done differently woulda have been to have them play longer! Thank you guys!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Taryn · Married on 04/07/2017

The Benjamins played at our wedding on April 7th and it was absolutely OUTSTANDING! They blew everyone away with their incredible talent! After the wedding was over everyone was raving about how amazing the band was. Some were even already planning to go see them play in the future!! Bottom line, people were amazed by them. They got everyone dancing and the music sounded like a live concert. They were professional and so easy to work with! If anyone wants to take their wedding reception experience to the next level. I HIGHLY recommend The Benjamins! They were the talk of my wedding :)

Sent on 04/25/2017

Jen · event on: 03/25/2017

If you are looking for a band for your wedding or private event look no further. The Benjamins. I stumbled upon The Benjamins 6 years ago at Donavan’s Reef in Sea Bright while taking engagement pictures on the beach. I fell in love instantly. My husband and I booked them for our wedding a few weeks later. I was so excited for anything that dealt with my wedding so I went to see The Benjamins play occasionally at venues by us. They always played an amazing show; our friends loved them. Our wedding was perfect. The Benjamins had the dance floor packed the entire evening and we received phone calls and texts for weeks from our guests telling us how much fun they had at our wedding. We loved The Benjamins so much that we then hired them for my birthday party, my mother’s surprise birthday party and my husband’s surprise party. We have hired The Benjamins 4 times in the past 5 years and they were amazing every time.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Cali · Married on 12/31/2016

Absolutely amazing! Joe & team were so flexible & really cared about what we wanted to accomplish for our wedding. They were flexible, prompt in responsiveness & worked with our budget. On top of that, they made our New Year's Eve wedding one big dance party which was exactly what we wanted! Our family & friends raved about them & said it was one of the best bands they have ever seen at a wedding AND they came with a DJ! I honestly can't say enough about them & how amazing they were for us. If you want a band at your wedding I honestly wouldn't even consider looking anywhere else. I want to get married all over again just so we can have a dance party with them!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Mariel · Married on 12/29/2016

We booked the Benjamins before we booked any other vendor, after seeing them live and hearing them play their awesome cover of Brown Eyed Girl. Joe was with us every step of the way, to help us create an evening that was seriously the best of our lives. Joe played an acoustic set with his sax player at cocktail hour (and during dinner) that really added a special touch to our celebration. They invited my brother up on stage to let him jam on the electric for a bit....a special moment for everyone.
    Dennis, the MC, was in touch weeks before the wedding to make sure everything was sorted before the big day. I feel as though we all really got to know each other throughout the whole process, which was made more evident by the perfect vibe they created for us and our guests. The lighting and sound was spot on and everything was taken care of for us. Amazing talent and my top pick for anyone looking for the perfect band.

Mariel and John
    December 29, 2016

Sent on 01/29/2017

Jason · Married on 12/17/2016

To start, with a budget-crazy fiancé, I thought I was always fighting uphill to get a band. I took her to see several bands and the Benjamins stood out way above the rest in every aspect from lighting to song selection to stage presence. What clinched it was the fact that the lead singer, Joe went out of his way to greet us every chance we got to visit, and remembered our lone request six months later to close out our wedding. Honestly, don’t even waste your time looking at other bands. This is it. Just from our short conversations and judging our crowd reactions they knew exactly what to play at the right time. I couldn’t tell you the amount of guests that came up to me asking where we found them. When it comes to wedding music, the one thing we didn’t want was just background music. They certainly made their presence felt. Everybody was on their feet enjoying themselves… including me and I NEVER dance. In the end it was my wife thanking me that I convinced her to hire them. It completed our perfect night.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Christopher · Married on 10/09/2016

We were fortunate enough to have The Benjamins play our wedding. I can go on and on about their entertainment value...just go see them LIVE and you'll understand our decision. With that in mind, I'd like to focus on what makes them special.

From the very beginning, communication was great and they were on top of every detail. The engineer even offered to come out to the venue weeks earlier and scope the setup to ensure we were happy. The MC kept in contact to guarantee all the details were in place. But more than anything, it was how the band truly became an intimate part of our wedding.

They never said NO! The band offered to learn three acoustic songs for the ceremony. Joe participated in my speech with a big laugh (intended), the band learned a special song for the Father/Bride dance... AND...they let me hit the stage and sing Everlong behind the full group...allowing me to live out my Rock and Roll fantasy! Pitchy I'm sure but too much fun and a big surprise for my wife.

In lieu of me micromanaging the setlist, and they offered, I asked that they just do what they do...grab the temperature of the room, adjust as they go, and keep the crowd going. They delivered on every point and I highly recommend this approach.

On top of it all, as a special request Jenni dressed up as a 40's pinup girl and even sent my wife pics beforehand to ensure she was cool with the look. SHE WAS!

Guys, budget aside, I know many go back and forth between DJ and band or "traditional" wedding band and The Benjamins. I can tell you, been to three weddings in the last 4 weeks, ours being the last, and 4 others this year. Amongst our friends who married, and all came to our wedding, I can assure you they are all having buyers remorse...they told me so!

I highly recommend hiring The Benjamins for any event...you WON'T be disappointed and neither will your guests! It doesn't matter their age or size of the event...everyone LOVES to ROCK!

All LOVE!

Kristin and Chris ;)

Sent on 11/16/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/01/2016

AMAZING!!!! The Benjamins played at our wedding this past weekend at Congress Hall in Cape May and I seriously can't even explain how great they were. To be honest I originally was leaning toward having a DJ for our wedding because I am not really a band person. My parents were the ones who really wanted us to have a band and after some convincing I asked around a little. I received multiple recommendations from friends and our photographer to hire the Benjamins. I am so happy we decided to have the Benjamins as our band because it was literally one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Our friends and family can't stop talking about how great they were (some have already looked up dates for when they are playing to go see them) and the dance floor was insanely packed all night (more then half the wedding had no voice the next morning from singing along with them). They have an impressive song list that you can choose from and they really play off the crowd to make sure everyone is having a blast. Even one of my parents friends who never dances at weddings actually got up multiple times to dance because they were that good. We also had them play an acoustic set for cocktail hour which was so awesome and they have a DJ who MCs the wedding and plays music during their breaks. Absolutely perfect, seriously can not say it enough if you are looking for a super fun band to play at your wedding I don't think you could find one better then these guys!

Sent on 10/04/2016
  • I

Inez · Married on 09/24/2016

Let me start off by saying how wonderful it was to talk to Joe (the other bad members were just as amazing!) and have him help guide us through what we be best for my husband I. They really outdid themselves and definately surpassed my expectations even though I've seen them perform before. I felt as if I was at the most amazing concert at my own wedding! They really got the guests up and dancing!! If your looking for a fun, upbeat, crowd pleasing band, The Benjamins are it!!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Mike · Married on 09/24/2016

these guys rock the house - let them do their thing - and just enjoy the show.
    wedding bands are cheesy - boring - and read off ipads - these guys (and gal) are a rock band.
    putting them on wedding wire is a disservice to what these guys can do. I seached long and hard for a band that could rock the house and I was lucky to find these guys. you wont be disappointed - plus they are fun to be around as well

Sent on 10/04/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 08/13/2016

The Benjamins were everything we were looking for and more for our wedding band.

During the planning, they were quick to respond to emails and thoroughly answered every question we asked with honesty. I never went more than 24 hours without hearing back from them, and that was very much appreciated during the crazy wedding planning process. As for the day of, they were absolutely amazing.

They played an acoustic set during cocktail hour, which was great. They have a male and female singer, both of which are so talented. Guests made a point to ask me who they were, which meant they were enjoying the music. Some guests already knew and made sure to tell me how excited they were that they were playing the reception, which made me feel even better about our choice.

During the reception, the dance floor was never empty. Even when the band took a break, the DJ (who is a part of the band when you book them, and he will do announcements, play dinner music, play break music, and even play ceremony music if you need it) made sure people were still out there having a good time. This was huge to me because people having fun at my wedding was my number one priority, and they made sure it happened.

My favorite thing about The Benjamins was that they actually took the time to learn our wedding song and play it for us for our first dance. Our song was “We Belong” by Pat Benatar, and they played the most beautiful version of it I’ve ever heard, and we were both absolutely blown away. We had a blast dancing to our song, and it was even more special than we could have imagined.

Anyone looking for a band should seriously consider The Benjamins. If you want a fun wedding with the dance floor packed, incredibly talented musicians, and the added reassurance of professionalism, The Benjamins are a great choice.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Cassandra · Married on 08/12/2016

Good Afternoon Jeremy,

We are back from our Honeymoon ;) ! Anthony and I just wanted to let you guys know that our wedding was truly a WOW moment!!!!!!! Our guests were so energized and excited...you got that dance floor pumped.....it truly was one of the best weddings I and my friends have ever attended.....even all the parents and grand parents age group loved the music.....that type of response is amazing....you guys hit every age genre and excited them all ;)...pretty awesome I think.

The rest of your team (lighting, DJ, tech, etc..) all were pros and excellent...as well as nicely dressed and super friendly.....truly a wonderful team to have supporting a person’s very special wedding day. Everything was actually perfect......THANK YOU again for all your creativity, quick communication, and friendly service among so much more...you all gave 100% and Anthony and I could not have been any happier. You guys were awesome!

Kindest Regards and love,
    Cassandra and Anthony

Sent on 09/01/2016

Tiffany · Married on 07/09/2016

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have the Benjamins play our wedding this summer at the Rock Island Lake Club. I had been to see them countless times in the North Jersey area and knew that having them play my wedding would be outstanding. I certainly was not disappointed. They took care of our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music. The band worked with us every step of the way to select the perfect ceremony music and instrument. They also did a fantastic job at our cocktail hour.

The crowning moment, however, was definitely the reception. My wife and I, and our families, cover a wide range when it comes to music preference. As a result, we decided to have the Benjamins band and their DJ alternate sets. It was without a doubt, perfect! We provided a list of pop, hip-hop, 90s, Spanish, and everything in between, and they performed and mixed it better than I could have ever imagined. If the music was playing, the dance floor was full!

Our wedding was in July, and every time someone mentions it, one of their first comments is how amazing the music was. People always say that guests remember the food and music from weddings, and the Benjamins were certainly unforgettable. They were worth every penny, incredibly professional throughout the entire planning process, and amazing on our big day. My wife and I cannot thank them enough for adding to an already perfect day. I can't say enough to express how great they were, and I would certainly recommend them to anyone who asks.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2016

They are the best!! Simply put. We had a full dance floor the entire wedding!
    Jeremy is very helpful to set up everything :)

Sent on 06/28/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/04/2016

We were so excited to book The Benjamins for our wedding. We loved seeing them at bars throughout NJ and knew they'd really add to our wedding. They did not disappoint! They were extremely easy to work with for planning, always answering our questions promptly and making sure they had all of the information they needed. They made everything on the day of the wedding work flawlessly. The MC Dennis they had did a great job keeping all of the events flowing. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect band. Our guests loved every song they did and the dance floor was packed the whole time! If you are looking for an energetic, thoughtful and fun band that your guests cannot get enough of pick The Benjamins!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Michael J. · Married on 05/21/2016

The word AMAZING just doesn't cut it when it comes to The Benjamins!! The band truly made the wedding magical. From the piano cocktail hour, to performing our first dance, and all the way to the last song.. It was perfect. Our wedding was filled with musicians, so needless to say, the music was truly the soundtrack to the evening. The energy level was up to 11 that night! So much so, that at one point there were 15 musicians up with the band singing!! From the very first chord to the last note, the dance floor was filled. I would recommend them to anyone. They are great to work with, very accommodating, and truly bring a concert style performance to your wedding!!!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Ally · Married on 05/20/2016

This band is amazing!! They told me not to worry about a thing because they had us covered, never could I imagine just how INCREDIBLE this band really was. They played as we walked down the aisle, through out our cocktail hour and then the full band emerged for our reception. NO ONE was sitting in their chairs! With each stage of our wedding we were getting compliments about their performance. They are unique in the fact that they have both female and male vocals which creates such diversity. They were truly a professional act and made our wedding so special, fun and unique.
    I highly recommend the guys.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Greg · Married on 05/07/2016

The benjamins performed at our wedding and did not disappoint! Joe performed an acoustic cocktail hour solo which was a huge hit! We were running about an hour behind schedule due to logistical technicalities which was not a problem for the band. Almost 8 months later people are still raving about their performance. When my wife and I were deciding on choosing a band, we went to a few shows in our area. Joe and other band members took the time during their set breaks to answer all of our questions and were extremely personable and accommodating. To top off our experience, we asked the band to learn our wedding song so we could have our first dance to a live performance which was an immediate yes response and they knocked it out of the park for us. If anyone is considering the Benjamins for their event, don't bother trying to find anyone better! One of our event planner guests even booked them for an event during our wedding she was so impressed. Class act and awesome job guys! Thank you so much for making our wedding day amazing.

Sent on 03/03/2017

Meghan · Married on 04/30/2016

We got married on April 30, 2016. The Benjamin's played at my sister's wedding in November 2014, so once my now husband and I were planning our own wedding it was a no brainier who to choose for our wedding band. Joe did solo acoustic guitar for cocktail hour and it was the perfect choice to set the mood. The band was outstanding and at times we felt like we were at a concert. All of our guests raved about how awesome they were and many of our friends have seen them play before at local bars so everyone was excited to hear them play. Everyone danced the night away. I honestly have never seen the dance floor at a wedding packed all night like ours was. They even did a special request for us, "Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard. It brought my husband and I back to when we met as teens and I know that all of our friends were so excited to hear it. The mix of songs between the band and the dj, Ted, were awesome and we listened to oldies, pop songs, and everything in between. Not your typical wedding band (which is a great thing). Working with everyone was professional and so easy. Thank you all again for an awesome night!!! We even have friends getting married this year that are thinking of using them because of how incredible they were.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Galen · Married on 04/23/2016

The Benjamins played our wedding in April and I can't speak highly enough about them. Their correspondence leading up to the wedding was always timely, professional and helpful. Their performance was awesome! The range of songs and music they can play is impressive and the energy they bring sets a great tone to the night. They also played our cocktail hour as a 4 piece acoustic band and hired out a violinist for our ceremony. We couldn't be more pleased to have chosen them for our big day.

Sent on 06/28/2016

The Benjamins were INCREDIBLE! We were stoked they were even an option and they worked with us to get everything we wanted at a price we could afford! My only complaint was the DJ that came with them. He basically ignored every single direction I gave him prior to the wedding and the night of. The Benjamins rocked though and at one point when the DJ refused to play a song I wanted, they opened their last set with it (and were better than the DJ playing the song anyway).

Sent on 01/12/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2015

We knew we wanted a band for our wedding that would have our guests out on the dance floor all night and The Benjamins were the perfect fit for us! We wanted a band that wasn't you typical "wedding band" and we wanted it to just be a party. They were amazing! Jeremy was so helpful is assisting us with all of the planning and he was so patient with us through the process. They even pulled through at the last minute for us when we needed sound equipment for our ceremony! They were the perfect entertainment for our wedding and we would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Meghan · Married on 06/27/2015

My husband and I heard The Benjamins play at a bar and loved their sound and energy and were so excited to have them play at our wedding. They sounded amazing at the wedding and had everyone young and old up and dancing the whole night. My husband and I didn’t leave the dance floor! They played a range of music that appealed to all of the guests. Their energy makes you never want to leave the dance floor as you’re in fear of missing another great song. The next day at breakfast, all the guests kept telling us how much they loved the band and how great they sounded. Our wedding was two months ago and we are still getting compliments on how fun our wedding was because we had such an awesome band. The Benjamins are absolutely the best and are a must have for your wedding if you want great music and to see all your guests dancing!

Sent on 09/01/2015