Beloved Playa Mujeres Reviews

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/31/2017

Excellence Wedding Specialist

Hello everyone!

I want to start out writing this review by saying the Excellence Group is a beautiful place to get married. After going to the Excellence resorts through the years, my husband and I decided on getting married at one of their locations.
    After our wedding, I wanted to continue to visit their properties (they are gorgeous) and become more involved.

I am a now wedding referral specialist with Excellence properties. If you have any questions and/or concerns since I got married at their Riviera location, feel free to ask! I take new (not yet) booked parties and can help get you started with your wedding journey.

Feel free to contact me anytime: michellereynolds@outlook.com

Happy Weddings to All !

Sent on 04/20/2019
    Beloved Playa Mujeres 2
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/03/2012

TBH, is not the stereotypical all-inclusive wedding factories. They have a smaller wedding package and a large a la carte options which costs can add up.We started off with a welcome Bonfire on that Friday night with music, marshmallows, cocktails and appetizers, which was a big Hit.Saturday which was absolutely phenomenal.Reception we used the house DJ-DJ Mannia, they were ok, they didn't play much music from my playlist and at times songs I'd never heard of, nevertheless, everyone was dancing and having a good time. We upgraded to the larger cake so guest could have wedding cake, however, after we cut it, the staff failed to cut and distribute it and somehow the cake disappeared and guests never got a piece. (we tried to get it taken off the bill, but they said since we cut in to it, it was ours.) This was a huge disappointment and we have no idea how it got confused that no cake was cut and distributed. Literally that is my only complaint. The atmosphere of TBH, is very chic, relaxing. There were children there because this is a family friendly resort, but I never found them overbearing or annoying. The beach was well manicured and had a natural look/feel with the various palm trees and bushes. The beach did have a lot of seaweed, but the staff worked hard to clear it daily. We stayed in Consentida 3, which is one of the best 2 story beachfront casitas that has the best view of the beach/ocean. Unfortunately, the plunge poolwas bitterly cold The food was absolutely amazing. 24 hour roomservice!Another bonus in the room was the bar in your room included 4 bottles of top shelf liquor at your disposal. The service is outstanding. The staff are happy to address any need you have and gladly serve Weather was great, it got a bit windy in the evening, and required a shawl,We did partake in spa services, which were amazing, but very pricey.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Astrid · Married on 12/11/2010

The venue was intimate and the staff anticipated all our needs. I would love to go back there.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Sherry · Married on 04/28/2017

We married here April 2017 with very short notice only 5 weeks it was fantastic every part of the day the wedding service itself was lovely on the beach looking out at the blue sea the staff could not have done anything more we are going back in 2018 for our first wedding anniversary

Sent on 06/21/2017

Judith · Married on 10/01/2016

We had a wonderful honeymoon at the Beloved. The staff were very responsive and always ready to help or ask if you needed anything. The beach and pools were well maintained, the bars well stocked (the mini bar in the room too), and the restaurants had excellent food options. The breakfast buffet was excellent. We were slightly disappointed by the desserts throughout our stay though. The resort is beautiful and relaxing - it was hard to leave!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Angelina · Married on 05/25/2013

1.6
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0

My husband and I had our destination wedding here this past May. After reading all of the great reviews we thought it would be a great idea but we were wrong. The wedding coordinator Alejando and the management staff were completely unprofessional. We had a lot of things go wrong the day of the wedding because the lack of communication. I did most of the work myself along with my wedding coordinator Kristen Chambers. I went with outside vendors for everything besides the food and venue. If it weren't for the outside vendors our wedding would have been a disaster. We used Maracas Mexico, Mania, and Vanessa Jaimes. They were amazing. We also stayed at the resort for our honeymoon and we didn't get any accomidations at all the entire week. We had 40 guests in total and most of them stayed for 3-5 days. We had to upgrade ourselves for our honeymoon at an additional cost and the "Honeymoon" accomidations that were included in our package never arrived. When we brought it up to Alejandro and Management they gave us an attitude and said there was nothing they could do for us. The housekeeping also threw away my flowers and when I told management they said flowers were not allowed out of Mexico which is a lie. I would stay at the Excellance Resort which was next door instead of this one. They were extremely accomidating the night we went for dinner and all of the couples were having a blast!

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • User6785386 · 1+ year ago

0.4
      0.5

DISPLACED MY WEDDING: For those that may not know, The Beloved Hotel which is a boutique all inclusive resort in Playa Mujeres owned by Excellence Group just announced that they will be transitioning to an adults only resort in September 2016. Wedding contracts after this date with children will no longer be honored at this resort. The only option besides cancelling is to move these weddings to their sister resort, Finest which has a very different feel, downgraded rooms in comparison and can host up to 4 weddings/day (Beloved only hosts 1 wedding/day).

SUMMARY OF MY EXPERIENCE: My fiance and I got engaged in October 2015. I had done months of research to find the perfect place for my destination wedding. After narrowing it down to one location and 3 resorts (2 being Excellence Resorts) and having many conversations with them including Maria at Beloved I traveled with my sister and cousin to Mexico during April of 2016 to do site visits at each and stayed at Beloved Hotel as this was my front runner going in. After my stay I quickly locked in my date with Beloved and had a contract in place to have my wedding there in May of 2017; it was perfect and I was very happy and excited. Beloved satisfied all of my wants and more; the resort is family friendly, small and intimate, has impeccable service, amazing rooms and had everything I was looking for. Most important to me is that they only do 1 wedding/day; the date I locked in was 5/7/17. On 5/7 of this year my father suffered a heart attack and passed away. I reached out to the resort to get other open dates last week of which they provided and after running them past other family members I emailed them my selection. They contacted me this week to inform me that effective Sept. 2016 the resort will be adults only; my nieces and nephews whom are under 18 and wont be allowed on property. I am devastated and sick to my stomach. I have been upfront the entire time about the children in my group.

Sent on 06/03/2016